American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance Employer Reviews

Good work place, but claim load not manageable
Property Claims Sr. Field Adjuster (Current Employee), Englewood, COApril 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits; great co-workers; remote home office
Cons: unreasonable expectations & work hours
Great staff of people to work with, management is impeccable, however, the case load is not manageable when you handle all general adjusting and large loss adjusting as well. Claim response times are greatly reduced due to the case load.

We are working a typical day of 12-14 hours to keep up. Keeping up with the case files is the most difficult part – more... of the job; Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the client – less
Family environment and very engaging
Casualty Claims Manager (Current Employee), Englewood, COApril 5, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: long hours
This company is great to work for during my ten years. The employees are very engaged and management is very supportive.
Good experience workig
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 5, 2014
Pros: good working enviroment
Cons: not any
Great selling all the product that are offered. Recommending the right product for the customers. Helping employer with any other
work required.
Busy Office with plenty of responsibilities & duties
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COApril 5, 2014
I enjoy working in this busy office part time, the management is fun and easy to work with. Customers are pleasant & happy with their agent.
Great company to work for
Licensed Agency Assistant & CSR (Current Employee), Wausau WiscinsinApril 4, 2014
I love working in the insurance industry, licensed agent in property, casualty & Life
I was a temp for someone on medical leave
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Logan, UTApril 3, 2014
I was a temp for someone on medical leave and I learned alot about the insurance world. I had a wonderful experience working there.
Excellent Learning Experience
Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 3, 2014
Very professional environment with great learning experience
First Class Organization
Part-Time Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Lynwood, ILMarch 28, 2014
American Family Insurance is a great company to work for. They invest heavily in training, and have many tools to enhance your knowledge, skills and development.

I could not ask for a better part time job!

Working in a small agency as I do is ideal. The owner of the agency is one of the highest ranking agents in the area.
Great company
Licensed Office Manager (Former Employee), Fairfield, OhioMarch 28, 2014
very laid back and competitive place to work. I enjoyed being a part of the team.
An organization that cares about protecting ones dreams
Direct Marketing Administrator (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 26, 2014
American Family Insurance and is an organization that cares about protecting ones dreams.
Exceptional Company
Claims Scanning Processor (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 25, 2014
I learned valuable tools that would help me further my educational goals for my future with this company. My bosses and co-workers were great to work with!
Productive work environment but not enough training
Service Worker (Former Employee), Surprise, AZMarch 21, 2014
Pros: i got great benefits and work schedule was flexible
Cons: not trained well enough
I started this job very confidently and persevering. I would always do my best and worked very hard to complete each task and as well go above and beyond. Unfortunately, I was not trained well enough and I was under-qualified for the job. I have not had much personal experience with insurance because I am young and still learning. It was great because – more... I love helping people and giving advice. I would call about 50 people a day for insurance, and 1/10 of them would answer and I would quote them. Other tasks were taking payments and notifying people of past due, cancellations, and updated insurance requested. I worked 8-9 hours a day and my coworkers was basically my boss, and he was busy a lot. Management was unsteady because my boss had to leave out of town for a couple weeks when I just started. When he came back, he went out of the office a lot of times. I learned much about auto and property insurance and how to communicate with people for their best options. I enjoy learning and showing individuals that people really do care about their well being such as insurance and any other vital advice. – less
Good company to work for
Desk Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMarch 21, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: vacation
I handled auto and homeowner claims. Heavy phone and computer work.
Management was easy to talk to and supportive
I enjoyed interacting with customers and taking care of their needs
Too Slow
Owner/ Agent (Former Employee), Inverness, ILMarch 18, 2014
Cons: no security
independent sales
no job security
low commission
pricing system is terrible
cannot beat prices
Corporate is to be avoided - No regard for Program Management skills
Business Line Manager (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 15, 2014
Pros: the parking lot is free
Cons: your department can be removed at any time with no business case
Corporate promotions are completely based on who you know, not what you know. Promotions are definitely not based on your job performance. In fact, many manager and director positions are never posted internally … just shared with one or two people to ‘apply’ to the job.

Company just abruptly 'decommissioned' their Corporate PMO and told 15 people – more... where they now report. No voice in the process. Each person either accepts their new role or they are terminated immediately without severance.

The mentality is ‘Be glad that you have a job’ instead of ‘We value your skills’. – less
ECM Specialist
Enterprise Content Management Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 13, 2014
Enjoyed the role I had at American Family. It is a good company however transition over the past couple of years and management changes proved to be difficult.
Decent company to work for
Subrogation Specialist (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great employees that worked with
Cons: downsizing can hurt
Due to so much downsizing it makes it hard to say good things about this company, who continues to downsize and raise rates.
Steady work but can be boring
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAMarch 9, 2014
Pros: co-workers to talk to to curb boredom.
Cons: boredom and lots of phone calls to people hanging up on you
Most of the day is spent quoting potential customers and calling them. There is so much time on the phone following up with potential customers. I ran 0-5 new-customer appointments per day and sometimes marketed to the passer-by outside our office. I was always a temp/fill-in person but I generally liked my boss/co-workers. The computer system crashes – more... a lot and is slow. This job was not at all difficult, I just get easily bored with really repetitive things. – less
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2014
Helping other in times of need and have the ability to be surrounded by great co-workers and management staff
Property Management Company
Senior Secretary, Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: friendly office
I helped property manager by typing all correspondence. I answered a multi-line switchboard fielding call from cliental. Friendly staff working together to achieve great customer service.

About American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve – Read more