American Family Insurance Employee Reviews

Large organization but respects the individuals
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 2, 2017
I worked at the head office and loved the atmosphere there. A great work / life balance and I felt as though I was respected as an individual and not just another employee
Awesome Company
Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelton, WANovember 2, 2017
This company was great to work for! Very kind and customer centered. Great people! If you want a job or good insurance company this is the place for you!
American Family Insurance a fair place to work
Claims Customer Care Center Auto Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 1, 2017
The management and staff are treated well and follow a guideline that is very effective. Overall the work atmosphere is conducive to growing an employee from within the organization.
Pros
Nice work space
Cons
communte to work
Good employer
Customer Telephone Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 31, 2017
I love American Family as an employer because the management above me is fantastic, which makes a wonderful workplace with happy employees. However, I do find it very difficult to change positions throughout the company.
Pros
Benefits, Holiday Pay, Consistent Hours, Pto, etc.
Productive place and fun to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison wisconsinOctober 31, 2017
Very good company. They are willing to help and work with you if you need help whatever the task. Very family oriented. They inspire you to achieve you goals.
Great employer
Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 31, 2017
Great training, opportunities, and team culture. Many staff events and activities. Lots of recognition with great communication. Well-trained management and very caring.
Pros
Culture, time off, discounts
Cons
Lots of competition
Assisting clients and staff kept the daily interest
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 31, 2017
Every day is different between phone calls and clients walking in to the office needing assistance with policy changes and payments.It was never a dull moment. I appreciated the boss very inclusive with all that was going on.
Pros
Meeting new people
Agent Assistant
Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEOctober 30, 2017
Home/ auto/ life/ rental insurance
Follow up emails, cards, or calls
Making appointment
Answering phone call
Calling in claims
Update Facebook web page
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
slow at times
Educational and productive working environment
Licensed Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baxter Springs, KSOctober 30, 2017
Great company that has excellent customer service , multi tasking and productive working skills that are provided to every day valued customers and future clients.
Pros
Fun sales
Cons
Commissions unavailable.
let go without warning
Support desk analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 27, 2017
Part of the stresses of working as a contract employee was to be let go unexpectedly. I once spoke to my manager who promised me that she would speak to me before anything like that would happen. after the new 3 year rule was implemented, she said that everybody would get a months heads up if we were to be let go because we were at our 3 year bench mark. I did not get any warning. I had a meeting with my supervisor, which went very well and he was happy with me. I went home and got a call to not come back. I would hope to return, but am hesitant to do so as well
Family atmosphere
Commercial Underwriter (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOOctober 24, 2017
Loved working there! Hard work pays off. Very family oriented. From the top down, you will be recognized if you work hard and are customer service oriented. If you are willing to learn, they are willing to listen.
Fast-paced challenging position with excellent mentors
Claims Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 24, 2017
Nearly 100% of time is spent on incoming calls for people looking to file a home/auto claim or to update information on an existing claim. The position is the best for working on communication skills. The company has an excellent reputation and strives to make the work flow as smoothly as possible. The ability to move upward appears to be only limited by one's ambition. They provide wonderful training and the opportunity to mentor each other to make the job less stressful.
Pros
Excellent workplace atmosphere
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 23, 2017
One of the best jobs I have ever had I would love to go back. Person al issues I had to leave. Very good company I would go back loved the company and the people
Stimulating and face-paced
Casualty Claim Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 20, 2017
The goal of the claims department is too assist our insured customers through the claim process. This entails investigating coverage under the policy, investigating the motor vehicle accident, paying what is owed under the terms of the policy and coverages purchased by the customer.
Pros
Taking care of customers. Great people to work with
Cons
long work hours including time on weekends
Working at American Family
State Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 19, 2017
I've spent a lot of time working for the company in various roles. The company is customer focused and has a great vision. I have enjoyed my time there and the benefits are also a great perk.
Basic knowlege received there. to start my career
Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 17, 2017
Great start to my career. Grew and learned a lot about the insurance business. I would do it all again under different management. But the experience there was great.
Great Place to work if you want to continously apply for your job
Protection and Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 17, 2017
I worked for Amfam for over 10 years. The culture there appears to be family orientated but you are constantly worried when the next reorg is going to happen. Great place to work but keep options open and dont get to secure in your job.
Pros
Good PTO
Cons
Always having to apply for your job
Job Review
OPERATIONS SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI 53783October 17, 2017
American family is a great company to work for. The medical benefits are one of the best I have ever had. Personal time off accumulates throughout the year and allows you more personal time off if needed.
Benefits
Cons
Micro Managed
Fair place to work
Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 16, 2017
As an agent AMFAM provides excellent training. Hours are set by the agent. AMFAM can provide many opportunities in insurance. Not many benefits as an agent.
CSR/Insurance Agent
Customer service/sales agent (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTOctober 16, 2017
Great company to work for, was looking for career advancement. Serviced customers, problem solved customers issues on a daily basis. Cold called for new business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Family Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.