American Family Insurance Employee Reviews

Great Agency
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 10, 2016
The specific Agent I worked for was amazing! I would mention his name if I could! Honest services from a guy who honestly cares and isn't trying to get you to buy anything you don't need or could benefit from.
productive, laid back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MONovember 10, 2016
loved being able to do the work on my own instead of always having a supervisor there. Boss was very accommodating with the schedule. Learned more about auto and home insurance
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 9, 2016
Participated in Cost Estimation Class 5, Class 4 and Class 2 to remediate applications and also various other dispositions. Analysis of effort model and data in the estimation sheet. Assist Project Manager in Project management Plan and Resource Planning
Employment Opportunity
Operations Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 9, 2016
I learned a lot about property insurance and very proficient in working with others in a professional atmosphere. I enjoyed having my own desk and working independently at high productive rate.
Very close knit environment
Agent Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 7, 2016
I really enjoy the structure of American family but i feel like there is not alot of room to grow and that i was stuck. I also feel like there were times in my agency where people were not treated fairly compared to others. There was favortisim and a sense of un professionalism. Overall the company itself is amazing and has the best training and support team. I just think i was at the wrong agency.
Pros
Exceptional work hours
Cons
Favoritism
Enjoyed my time at the Agency
AGENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 3, 2016
I am very thankful for time at The Raja Mourey Agency Inc. with American Family. The staff was extremely kind and understanding.The Company culture was that of family first. I felt that the hardest part of my position was not not being given the opportunity to Market and sell our product in order to increase my overall income. As I was salary plus commission based compensation employee..
Pros
very nice people
Cons
no perks, benefits, or upside unless you are one of the inner circle
great job, just not what I'm looking for
Senior Front-end Angular Developer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 2, 2016
Great people, flexible work schedules, relaxed and comfortable work environment, and I assume all the other pros that come along with a fortune 500 company.

Unfortunately the cons are related to amfam's technical limitations. They don't recognize technical talent, which doesn't allow them to pay for it. The thing is, they'll do fine without it because their fortune 500 competitors seem to be in the same boat. I'm a programmer looking for a challenging work environment with other programmers who are driven to accomplish their tasks. Nothing wrong with working because it's your job - maybe that's healthier even - but I'm looking for the technical freedom to program some really cool and personally rewarding web applications.
Office Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOOctober 27, 2016
Normal work environment. Meeting and helping solve problems for new and existing clients. Learned how to analyze insurance guidelines as the apply to individual concerns
Fun Workplace Great people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 26, 2016
American family insurance is a great place to work. It is a wonderful environment and the opportunities are endless. I loved it.
Top grade employer
Technology Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 24, 2016
Very good team and excellent management to work with. Technology is quite updated and legacy systems are being moved out. Excellent PMO with proper PMI Processes being followed in most of the enterprise.
positive environment
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 17, 2016
pros-learning insurance guidelines
co-workers
small relaxed environment
positive reinforcement
flexible schedule
cons-no room for advancement
limited hours
Pros
office environment
Cons
limited hours
Great Place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 14, 2016
My employer was phenomenal to work with
Office hours were perfect for me and my family
Benefits were great
Pay was very good
okay
Licensed Property & Casualty Producer (Former Employee) –  desoto moOctober 13, 2016
I enjoyed the job just wasn't happy with how I was treated everyday by staff. I learned insurance in's and out's and learned proper ways to handle customer confidentiality.
All politics and elementary school drama
Service & Sales Representative II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2016
Everyone says they care but they don't they are worse than being in elementary school. They will get rid of you if you are not apart of the elementary school click.They will put in absolutely false complaints to human resources. This company by far is the WORST environment. EXTREMELY DYSFUNCTIONAL AND DESTRUCTIVE ATTITUDES.
Pros
False promises
Cons
STAY AWAY they will chew you up and spit you out
Great company for employees
Business Systems Manager - Personal Lines (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 30, 2016
The company truly cares about employee work/life balance and benefits. The employee experience program is amazing and really hits the mark for new and existing employees.
Not an ethical workplace
Insurance Agent / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 24, 2016
This may have been the worst job I ever had. Company is not ethical, my agent was incompetent. Software was horrible, still using the DOS system. Always felt I was misleading my customers.
Stressful, volatile atmosphere with bad management.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Colby, KSSeptember 23, 2016
This was one of the worse jobs I have ever had. Management deliberately caused tension between co-workers, he was completely incompetent, would talk down to his all female staff as if they were stupid due to their gender in front of clients, even though he was unable to actually perform the basic duties himself to run his agency. He was unprofessional and blamed mistakes on his part on others. There were no benefits and low pay. You never knew what you were going to walk into on a daily basis.
Cons
No benefits, bad management, hostile environment
Lots of customer interaction,
Office Manager/CSR (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOSeptember 23, 2016
Very demanding job. Insurance customer can tend to be either quite needy or demanding. I enjoy the people I work with and for. Sometimes find it difficult to balance empathy for customers with the restrictions of the job.
Pros
Nice co-workers, good boss
Cons
Customer complaints daily about things that are totally out of my control, like premium increases or cancellations due to non-payment.
Very pleasant work environment.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILSeptember 23, 2016
Felt like I was able to contribute positively, even though I only worked here for a relatively short time. Great boss, friendly clientele.
nice place to work
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2016
they are very family based and take the time to properl ytrain employees. Management is fair and unbiased. The environment is diverse, very diverse. The atmosphere is easy going and steady pace
Pros
good benefits, long lunch, flexible hours
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Family Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

American Family Insurance Reviews by Location