American Family Insurance

American Family Insurance Employee Reviews

sales associate-first job
Insurance Agent/ Office Manager (Current Employee), east point gaDecember 2, 2014
• Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
• Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
• Aid customers in locating merchandise.
• Participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts.
• Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
• Assist in completing price changes within the department.
American Family Insurance
American Family Insurance (Former Employee), Merrillville, INNovember 28, 2014
Answered Phone Calls, Filed Papers & Cleaned
Management was Great
Co-workers all worked well together
Enjoyable part of the job was the Clean, Stress free work environment
struggle
CSR (Former Employee), Perry, IANovember 20, 2014
Due to the difficulty in communicating with customers, this was not the best fir for me
Typical retail store job meet a lot of interesting people
Office Manager (Former Employee), Tualatin, ORNovember 14, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours but not open too late
Cons: sometimes not having the "good" manager.
As retail jobs go Home Depot is one of the better stores to work for. If you are lucky to get the "good" department manager it is a fun job.
It was very nice exposure I got working with Teva Pharmaceuticals
Sr. SharePoint Developer (Former Employee), Madison, WINovember 13, 2014
It was very nice exposure I got working with Teva Pharmaceuticals
Fun work place
Agent Assistant/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ramsey, MNNovember 13, 2014
The best part about this job is my co workers and overall work environment
Good
Full Licensed Insurance Agent Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2014
It is a nice job, just the office size is small, hard to promote and raise.
Independent workplace and define goals and objectives
Producer (Current Employee), Naperville, ILNovember 9, 2014
Manage your time and production. I have a great partner to work with. Everyday is a learning curve meeting new client and solving their needs.
The hardest part is selling new policies and it is very enjoyable interacting directly with clients and sharing ideas with my co-worker.
Great Place to work
Intern (Former Employee), Delano MnNovember 7, 2014
Sold insurance contracts, maintained current customer accounts, assisted in the claims process, and worked on direct mail/phone marketing campaigns.
Wounderful company to work for.
Furniture- Building Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Madison, WINovember 3, 2014
I have worked for a wonder company for 15 years as a furniture installer /Building maintenance. I worked closely with the floor coordinators and moves relocation analyze. My experiences in facility working is carpenter, patch and paint, rolled rubber roofing, concrete, black topping, work on machines maintenance and furniture installation. Assemble, install , repair furniture, equipment and systems furniture. Support to trade function such as carpenters, engineers, electricians and equipment maintenance. also have the ability to read blue prints. Worked on computers with word , Microsoft and Excel.
Overall good place to work
Senior Policy Processor (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOOctober 31, 2014
Working on all aspects of issuing policies for new business, there always something changing and new things to learn daily. I had a great supervisor and my co-workers were helpful, friendly and great to work with. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. The hardest part of the job was constant changes.
I enjoyed working in this company
UI Developer (Current Employee), Madison, WIOctober 30, 2014
I learnt many things in this company while working with the team also there is no stress on the employees from the management.
Research Process Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Madison, WIOctober 27, 2014
Overall, a nice place to work. The management I worked with is very supportive and great to work with.
Flexible work environment
Agency Sales Management Assistant (Current Employee), Pewaukee, WI & Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: poor recognition
Flexible schedules
ASMA position juggles a number of different tasks in a single day, production reporting and tracking, recruiting of staff and agents, expense management, admin. of dst office, and supporting the field in the following areas: onboarding, training, marketing, sales, event coordination and facilitation, etc.
Enjoyed my time
Agency Sales Manager Assistant (Current Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 15, 2014
I really have enjoyed working here. The job is always changing, which keeps me on my toes. I have learned how to deal with many different personalities of those that I work with. I have learned how to motivate and train someone to be successful. My co-workers are the best. We have an awesome support system between us and I know that I could ask any of them a question about something and one of them will know the answer and vice versa. I have never had to be afraid of being judged. Management is good. The hardest part of my job is to see someone not succeed. The most enjoyable part of my job is to celebrate the successes, big or small.
Tough place to work, but the experience was invaluable.
Insurance agent (Current Employee), PhoenixOctober 14, 2014
Pros: company car. great kamradrie.
Cons: long days, hard work, difficult customers.
I always say that the two best things I did for my career were starting to work for Enterprise and quitting working for Enterprise.
Good work enviornment
Office Assistant/Clerical (on-Call) (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 13, 2014
I would make and take calls concerning customers insurance policies
Excellent Career Company
Casualty Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Madison, WIOctober 11, 2014
Excellent company to work for. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement in whatever area you are located in. The pay is well above average compared to other insurance companies.
Innovative, customer driven company
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Madison, WIOctober 10, 2014
American Family's vision is to be the most trusted and valued customer driven insurance company and has many exceptionally talented employees. Employee expectation within many divisions is high. Projects have extremely aggressive deadlines which requires a minimum of 15 extra hours each week, making it difficult to have a work-life balance.
Laid back and easy
Licensed Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COOctober 9, 2014
Outbound calls to delinquent customers.

Processed new business and annual reviews.

Very little supervision was a plus.

Staffed with one of employee who handled commercial lines.

Established an appreciation for insurance and enjoyed educating clients about the products.

Management/Agent was hardly in the office for escalated issues nor provided career development to staff.
Headquarters