American Fidelity Assurance

American Fidelity Assurance Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work and very family oriented
Executive Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK, Office - Hilliard, OhioMay 19, 2015
Working at American Fidelity was the best job I've ever had. I worked in the field and loved the travel. My office was in my home and I was responsible for scheduling my own appointments and doing my own paperwork. Being at the top of the sales team got me to several conventions and trips abroad. The benefits, income and the freedom was so fulfilling, and it only made me work that much harder.
Pros
Family values, Treatment, Benefits and travel opportunities
Cons
All I can say is their new methods to cut expenses before I left.
No life/work balance is possible
Account Mgr (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 2, 2015
The "overnight" travel required for the sales position on a consistent basis allowing only one day at home which makes it impossible to have any sense of work/life balance.
Pros
Good training
Cons
High sales goals, threat of termination if goals not met, too much travel
I sold life, cancer, short term disability, long term disability, heart insurance.
Account representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 26, 2015
The traveling and lifting boxed supplies on a daily basis was very harmful to my health. I enjoyed meeting people and helping them navigate thru the process of meeting their family needs. My co-workers were good people and helpful when needed. Staying in hotels on a weekly basis can be lonely at times.
Pros
Helping people make decisions regarding their insurance needs.
Cons
Away from home on a weekly basis, only 1 fill day at home.
Not and ideal place to advance your career.
Workstation Infrastructure Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 22, 2015
A typical day would would be deploying windows based systems and providing customers with support. The work became monotonous, and management failed to present new challenges.
wonderful place to work
Account/HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2015
truly miss everyone and the experience-it was always fun to go into the office and work as team with everyone. all employees were trained to help every department
Pros
positive environment
Cons
company was bought out
excellent company
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 20, 2014
great benefits, great company. Great vacation days. Awesome onsite gym and cafeteria.
A great place to work!
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem NCMay 29, 2015
The management is a very nice and I loved working for the company. Unfortunately the company is no longer in business but I am glad to have had the opportunity to work for them when I did!
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OklahomaJanuary 24, 2015
Great managers and colleagues. Open door policy is real. The managers I had the privilege to work with where GREAT. Very family oriented company. Great colleague activities and charitable functions. I enjoyed my many years I was employed there,
Pros
managers show interest in your career and encourage advancement.
Cons
parking