American Fidelity Assurance Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 28, 2017
American FIdelity is a great place to work. They have good pay and a wonderful managment team. I was able to get certifications through them. It was a positive experience.
"Great place for a career."
Intern Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 23, 2017
compensation
great colleagues
great customer relationships
Great Pay- AMAZING BENEFITS to include car, gas, and matching program
They are alright
Georgia State Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2017
This company is ok to work for although there are ALOT of
office politics. No job security....
A lot of back stabbing...Not bad with benefit packages and they do have a pension
benefits
Cons
managers, high up personnel
It's pretty great
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 11, 2016
I came in not really expecting much and I was blown away. A great culture that makes you feel welcome and apart of the community from day 1. A testament to what can happen when people are compensated and treated fairly for the work they do.
Pros
Subisdized healthy lunches, cheap and amazing gym with free personal trainers, great work spaces, lots of activities, growth
Cons
None Really
Good Culture
ACCOUNT MANGER (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORSeptember 4, 2016
The company has a good culture for the most part. Needs to improve on the work and life balance. Large volume of paperwork than necessary. Company car is good along with the other benefits.
No work/life balance, constant threat of termination
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 28, 2016
The typical week has you leaving on Sunday and Driving 2-10 hours to get to a district... you work a typical work week except you have a BUNCH of paperwork to do at the end of each day. You finish and leave on Friday afternoon and drive 2-10 hours home... Get up Saturday and prepare to leave on Sunday. That's a good week, if you don't have to travel between jobs during the week. There is down time when school isn't in but you must maintain your sales quota during those times, despite not having anyone to sell to.. and there is meetings and training that you travel to when you are not enrolling... You will make about a third of what they say you will.. BUT, at least you have the constant threat of being terminated over your head at all times to motivate you... The ones that actually make it, you will soon learn, are broken, soul-less, and have probably forsaken their families to make it... I wish I had my 5 years back. They kept me going by continually promising that it would get better...In case you think I wasn't cut out for this, I was a state rep of the year and was one they "liked."...good luck.
Pros
steady job, help teachers, good training
Cons
low wages, termination threats, ungodly travel requirements.
No life/work balance is possible
Account Mgr (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 2, 2015
The "overnight" travel required for the sales position on a consistent basis allowing only one day at home which makes it impossible to have any sense of work/life balance.
Pros
Good training
Cons
High sales goals, threat of termination if goals not met, too much travel
wonderful place to work
Account/HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2015
truly miss everyone and the experience-it was always fun to go into the office and work as team with everyone. all employees were trained to help every department
Pros
positive environment
Cons
company was bought out
I sold life, cancer, short term disability, long term disability, heart insurance.
Account representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 26, 2015
The traveling and lifting boxed supplies on a daily basis was very harmful to my health. I enjoyed meeting people and helping them navigate thru the process of meeting their family needs. My co-workers were good people and helpful when needed. Staying in hotels on a weekly basis can be lonely at times.
Pros
Helping people make decisions regarding their insurance needs.
Cons
Away from home on a weekly basis, only 1 fill day at home.
Not and ideal place to advance your career.
Workstation Infrastructure Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 22, 2015
A typical day would would be deploying windows based systems and providing customers with support. The work became monotonous, and management failed to present new challenges.
A great place to work!
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem NCMay 29, 2015
The management is a very nice and I loved working for the company. Unfortunately the company is no longer in business but I am glad to have had the opportunity to work for them when I did!
Great Place to work and very family oriented
Executive Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK, Office - Hilliard, OhioMay 19, 2015
Working at American Fidelity was the best job I've ever had. I worked in the field and loved the travel. My office was in my home and I was responsible for scheduling my own appointments and doing my own paperwork. Being at the top of the sales team got me to several conventions and trips abroad. The benefits, income and the freedom was so fulfilling, and it only made me work that much harder.
Pros
Family values, Treatment, Benefits and travel opportunities
Cons
All I can say is their new methods to cut expenses before I left.
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OklahomaJanuary 24, 2015
Great managers and colleagues. Open door policy is real. The managers I had the privilege to work with where GREAT. Very family oriented company. Great colleague activities and charitable functions. I enjoyed my many years I was employed there,
Pros
Managers show interest in your career and encourage advancement.
Cons
Parking
excellent company
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 20, 2014
great benefits, great company. Great vacation days. Awesome onsite gym and cafeteria.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Fidelity Assurance. Our community is ready to answer.

American Fidelity Assurance Reviews by Location