American Fidelity Assurance Employee Reviews

It was ok
An, Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 13, 2017
This was a temp position, not much more to tell you. I was only there a couple of month and they didnt seem to want to hire me. So there is nothing to say.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
You can make money if you are prepared to sacrifice all else.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  USANovember 12, 2017
I did decent money-wise and the free car/free gas was nice......but I have never worked so hard for so little money. Managers play favorites. It's ALL ABOUT the accounts you get and the senior reps hoard them like gold and the managers will lie and say they have your best interests at heart, but in reality they only care about the team quota so they can get bonuses and go on trips. The one caveat here is IF YOU ARE YOUNG AND SINGLE, it is a great opportunity to learn how to be a sales person and overcome objections. You will learn this on your own, mind you, the managers mostly could not sell their way out of a paper bag and training is a joke. But you could do a lot worse than to use this company as a stepping stone to greater things. But travel is brutal. You will spend HOURS in the car after waking up at 5am. Home life will suffer. People can make a ton of money here, but you will never have heard so many people making $200+ a year complain so much about how much they hate their job.
Salary starts at 32 k which is a joke in most states. You get commission but only a very few people make any kind of good money in their first 12 months.
Pros
Crash course in sales, decent money, free car and gas.
Cons
Everything else
employee events
Risk Management, Senior Group Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73106October 26, 2017
offers employee appreciation events twice a year and bonus opportunities. Salary and benefits were average in the market. Very team oriented and lots of collaborations
Decent place to work if you are a true blue salesman.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 28, 2017
One on one meetings with 10-20 people per day to review their benefits through their employer and talk about voluntary insurance products including disability, life insurance and securities.
It was challenging,
Senior Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 22, 2017
I enjoyed working there for the most part. I tried to transfer to another Department and my Team Leader would not let me out of there. I stayed in my chair and worked till time to go home, I worked very hard for this company.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers, great perks.
Cons
People get away with doing nothing because they are favorites.
Great place to hone your sales skills.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTSeptember 22, 2017
Good place to work as a salesperson, provided you are willing to travel extensively. Management and home office are supportive and take an active role in helping you succeed.
To much travel, no work life balance...
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 7, 2017
During open enrollment, the travel was non stop. Sunday thru Friday I was on the road, away from home. Working at the hotel in the evenings. During the down time, I would be out on the road in my territory prospecting all day, then returning calls and emails in the evening. Keeping these type of hours is what is expected of you. And the micro-managing was over the top. There's a huge disconnect between the home office and the field.
Pros
company car, benefits - pension
Cons
travel, micro-managing, favoritism
Productive and a nice place to work
General Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  OKC.OKAugust 1, 2017
American Fidelity is a place where you are always learning something new. The managers are positive to work with and the culture is amazing. The company surprises you with different things such as bonuses and more.
Pros
cafe, bonuses, schedules
Cons
short breaks
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2017
It's ok. Great company as a whole. They pay is not maintainable. The people are great and very friendly. This place is a customer service atmosphere. I would look into other departments.
good
Business Systems Integrations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2017
This is a great company with a lot to offer. The majority of management pushes you to succeed and to do more thoughtful thinking using creativity to perform your job.
High travel sales job with great pay
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 21, 2017
It is a very busy and all consuming job. If you are single or a man it is perfect. As a single mom it was not for me.

It is an amazing company and I wish I could have stayed.
Pros
Support
Cons
travel
Collaborative and Supportive
Enterprise Information Mgt. Intern (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 15, 2017
I interned in the ISD department at American Fidelity and enjoyed the atmosphere and the people that worked there. Everyone on the team I worked for was always willing to help you out with problems that I encountered. Along with that, The open-concept floor plan on the ISD floor was very relaxing to work in, but keeps you productive.
Great people and great leaders but you will travel A LOT.
Sr account manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2017
It is really a great place to work. A day-to-day basis includes maintaining client relations, building new business, assisting in claims, and Selling to existing business.
Pros
Company car and salary and commission
Cons
I Personally traveled 100+ days and they weren't always to the most fun places.
Great Company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 5, 2017
Great benefits and opportunity, poor work-life balance. Management is committed to your success. The culture is very positive. Hardest part of the job is travel,
They will work you to death, and not care
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  USAApril 24, 2017
When I started with this company, they did mention travel was required, but not to the extent there truly is. In order to make the quota. it required me to be gone for half of the year. And if you refused to travel, they wouldn't ask you again, telling you that you weren't a team player. Lots of micromanaging, and they truly don't care about you as a person.
It's Insurance
Configuration Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityMarch 27, 2017
I was responsible for re-imaging systems and delivering them to clients. Another political scheme but overall it was an okay experience. I will never work with these snakes again.
Pros
Cons
Tons
No room for advancement
Rep, sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityMarch 11, 2017
The company continuously brags about their promote from within practices, however after working there for 3 years I determined it was all talk. They hire external employees to keep wages low. Job security is non existent. Managers gossip and treat employees poorly.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Management, lack of growth opportunity.
This company values it's employees
Data Entry Clerk - A/R (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 6, 2017
I've worked for American Fidelity for nearly three years and I can say with certainty that they genuinely value their employees and strive to make it a positive workplace.
Corporate work environment
Account Administration (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKMarch 1, 2017
Typical day- 90% sitting, looking at computer. The hardest part of my job is not updated computer systems. The most enjoyable part of my job are the extra curricular benefits and Customer care is known to be the most important to our Profit and Loss ratio.
Pros
401k match, HSA match, new home office
Cons
outdated systems, in process of reorganization of departments constantly currently, small organization/Company
Great Place to Work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 28, 2017
American FIdelity is a great place to work. They have good pay and a wonderful managment team. I was able to get certifications through them. It was a positive experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Fidelity Assurance. Our community is ready to answer.

American Fidelity Assurance Reviews by Location