American Food & Vending Corporation Employee Reviews

Depends on which location you work
Deli Operator (Former Employee) –  Park Hills, MOJune 26, 2017
The location in which I worked at American Food and Vending was within the cafeteria at a local college campus. The work was easy and mostly independent, the manager knew how to coordinate resources. However, you can be expected to work various events outside your scheduled work week.
Great place to work!!
Food Service Worker/Cafe Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 14, 2017
Working for this company was absolutely wonderful and I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to work in the food service industry. You have the ability to work at different accounts and if willing to relocate, your choices are even more abundant.
Pros
Benefits, Great hours, Willing to work with you, management
Cons
sometimes accounts close
Kids
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMay 24, 2017
They are kids.two of the 3 workers are under 23. They are kids with kids minds. But its up to you to take that chance. So dont do it and pat is all about the drivers not the wearhouse so good luck with that
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 5, 2017
Work day was good
good culture
hot in summer in kitchen
great employees
fun to work with associates
Management not ever around to bother you
.....
Pros
good hours
Cons
hot
Some of the employees were nice
Food Service Worker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia/PhiladelphiaApril 29, 2017
My understanding is that this company loses many accounts. You could show up for work one day and no longer have a job. Showed up for work one morning only to be introduced to our new manager! This location had a lot of theft. I, myself was a victim!
Pros
free lunch, no nights or weekends
Cons
no room to grow, no job security
Think twice before applying.
Vending Route Driver. (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 22, 2017
Long hours for salary pay, way too early mornings late afternoons. Lies and half-truths ornery customers day too day. Not worth it at the end of the day.
Pros
Free snacks off the back of your truck.
Cons
Hours/Training/No lunch breaks.
Good if you like part time employment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at American Food and Vending, however I would like more steadier employment with Morrison.
I acquired the work experience needed for the position of Grill/Cook
Great Support from Upper Management
Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 31, 2017
So many places promise training and support and then don't deliver. Or hire you for one job and then expect you to do 2 others also. I have been pleasantly surprised with the training and support I have. I can call/email/text any number of people when I have a question and know I will get an answer.

The biggest benefit is being able to work in the culinary world and have a 'Monday thru Friday, daytime, weekends & holidays off' career! The work - life balance is amazing for any chef who is tired of working long hours and missing out on friends and family events!
Pros
Work hours like most other people!
Ok place to work, people are great
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 18, 2017
I supervise 5 charter schools, job is to make sure everyone shows up to work. And go between them to make sure they they have what they need to do there jobs on a daily basis. The best part of my job is the kids
Old school owners look down on the women employees
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed my job there for 2 years and the people who worked there were amazing. But we, the women, were forced to wear skirts or dresses every day. Every. Day. Because that somehow impacted how I did my job, in my little corner cubicle, where no one but the boss visited to check up on me.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone looking to advance in a job, or to someone looking for a place that they could look forward to coming to every day.
not worth the thought
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 4, 2017
Don't waste your time. Bad pay and no upper management. Non-organized and supervisors are cycled through by the week. Hours aren't always there but OT is required.
Productive and fun environment to work in
Cook (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2017
I have learned that being with this company that as long as you keep up and pitch in when needed you can go further in your career. The Chef is an awesome person to work for, she is understanding and compassionate about the food industry. I love seeing and meeting different people everyday.
Pros
Free Lunches, drinks
Cons
Short breaks
Multiple Oppertunities
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 2, 2016
Working with AFV gave me an opportunity to advance in my career and work with a variety of people and in multiple locations.
Pros
Advancement Oppertunity
Cons
Long Days
good company to work for
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PANovember 7, 2016
A nice atmosphere to work,worked with a good chef,who is willing to teach. Learned a lot about cooking that I didn't know,even after being in the business for over 20+ years. Good hours,decent pay.
Pros
free lunches
Type of work is easy
Line Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 2, 2016
Management and district management are poor. Lack of communication and team work.
My manager was more interested in socializing to make the customer happy and left me doing all the labor. (I.E. renting movies from a customer who pirated them, talking about phones and phone plans, are you going out this weekend, what did your wife pack you for lunch)
Pros
easy fast paced work
Cons
communication and pay
Run! Don't walk away from this company.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 20, 2016
Too many managers telling you too many different things to do and how to do them or how not to do them. NO raise in 13 months for an exemplary employee. Horrible insurance.
Poor work ethics and very bad management!!
Cook (Former Employee) –  McElhattan, PAOctober 6, 2016
The only thing I enjoyed about my work was the employees that we served everyday. Company does not follow standard practice for a cafeteria style cooking. Management bullies employees. Manager was having affair with one of my coworkers. Assistant manager arrived at work inebriated. Was glad to leave!!
Pros
Customers
Cons
Everything else
Great Folks!
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Lewistown, PASeptember 22, 2016
I just started with this Co. so I have yet to receive benefits. The management is excellent. Training and understanding is important to me and I was able to have both. They never leave you second guessing. I work morning shift and could not ask for a better crew. Even the higher ups that help set up this new account was pleasant. They never made me feel anything less than a valued employee. The work seems to have its busy moments and they tend to help with time as it can be busy, however I have to say that I have never been placed in a situation that I needed help without someone being close by. The food is excellent quality the chefs put their hearts into it. No day is the same as last. The people we serve are wonderful. I can not wait to learn more. Over all I have no complaints other then the chef coats we wear. They tend to be hot and heavy when you are busy cooking or washing dishes. At times I feel they do hold me back a little. They are white and tend to show any and all that touches them, so washing often. I am sure as I continue to grow in the company I will continue to get use to the coat. I would say to anyone that is seeking work in this field to consider. My hardest part of my job would be standing on a hard surface for long periods of time. But I have to add this is due to me personally not use to it. I am very happy I applied and even more so that they hired me. Great folks!!!
Pros
Co-workers!!! GREAT FOLKS!!
Cons
Heavy Coats, but getting use to them. :)
Very boring job, wouldn't want to go back
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 3, 2016
First thing, they lied to me about how much would be made per hour at the interview. Once starting I realized it was like working with a staff of high school girls. The kitchen staff was full of drama and acted like they were teenagers when they were actually around 40-60 years old.
Horrible experience no fresh food all frozen products. Horribly managed the company really should not be in the corporate dining business
Cook (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 14, 2016
Horrible experience working here. Horrible insurance benefits no room for advancement. No raises even after getting great reviews after 6 months and 1 yr
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No room for advancement, horrible insurance benefits, all frozen products

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Food & Vending Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7