American Food & Vending Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible experience no fresh food all frozen products. Horribly managed the company really should not be in the corporate dining business
Cook (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 14, 2016
Horrible experience working here. Horrible insurance benefits no room for advancement. No raises even after getting great reviews after 6 months and 1 yr
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No room for advancement, horrible insurance benefits, all frozen products
Nice place to work until cut all full time hours to parttime
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJune 24, 2016
Would do dishes,prepare food,slice deli goods,stock-co-workers were fun to work with.hardest part was going into freezer to put stock in walkin freezer,but on other hand enjoy the work of the job (working with food)
Pros
great group people
Cons
students were difficult at times
slow paced no creativity but steady employment
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  tallahassee flMarch 15, 2016
there was no room for any creativity or advancement but it was a steady job close to home and offered a health insurance and life insurance package for me and my family and a Monday through Friday daytime schedule
Pros
close to home good hours
Cons
employer refused to pay or offer overtime or better quality ingredients
good place to work, but management need to be fired.
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 4, 2016
filling and cleaning vending machines. Placing orders and putting them away. Meeting people everyday and seeing what they had to say about the products. Management was very bad there. Didn't know how to talk to people.
Pros
got to meet new people everyday.
Cons
Management was very bad
very enjoyable workplace
food prep, and customer service (Former Employee) –  Towanda, PADecember 21, 2015
The manager treated all the employees with respect. It was one of the most enjoyable jobs I ever held. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom they allowed me to have with regards to how the job was done. They allowed us to be ourselves and encouraged teemwork.
Great place, Great people
Executive Chef /General Manager (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILFebruary 2, 2016
My job has offered a great learning experience in business and in life. Everyday is an opportunity to do things the right way.
Pros
Great people to work with!
Cons
N/A
Don't do it
supervisor (Former Employee) –  binghamtonOctober 19, 2015
Worst Food service company out there. Schedule employees 28 hours a week so not to have to pay benefits. Will only give you 40 hours if they need the help for call ins. Management is not employee friendly.
Pros
Cons
hours and health ins the worst
fun serving lunch
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, NYOctober 20, 2015
good place to work meet different people for getting lunch or breakfast talking to different people that came in from places work to get it set up supervisor helps with it
Pros
fun place
Cons
no benefits work parttime
I am not one to voice my opinion publicly about a company.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYOctober 15, 2015
I would rather not express any opinions or statements involving my employment with this company. I feel it is inappropriate and does not need to be said to what I personally feel towards them.
Stressful due to terrible management.
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  JoAnn Corporate Headquarters in Hudson, OHAugust 9, 2015
Management is terrible and makes the environment unbearable and stressful. There is no support provided to the staff whatsoever. Instead it's each person for themselves. No such thing as teamwork.
Stressful and uncommunicative
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2015
Ive been there 3 years. the turn over rate is astronomical. Next oldest person there is 4 months. They work you long hours for salary pay. For 4 months now I have worked an average of 60-70 hours for only getting paid for 48. They promise commission but haven't had any of that in almost a year. My last commission was $0.74. LOL . Every route works Saturdays. Management is uncommunicative as to their needs but you get in trouble for not doing it. You get in trouble for going to HR if there is problem. I'm only still here till I find something that pays close to the same as I'm a single parent and can't a pay cut.
Cons
long hours, preventative only healthcare
Well Groomed Company
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2015
a typical day is busy, I learn new things everyday, Great management team, wonderful co-workers, the hardest part about the job is when we have flight delays. that you get to meet new people everyday and it is always busy.
Pros
Busy, always room for growth
Cons
healthcare
overall job required long hours without compesation
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Long hours starting early, enjoyed my coworkers and solidarity of the job, the hardest part was dealing with the fridgid temps and lack of clothing provided, also lack of training. I enjoyed my management and fellow coworkers
Pros
weekly paychecks
Cons
long hours without hourly pay
Great Company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 10, 2015
A great company to work for, a company with great values that truly cares about all of its many employees. A typical day is challenging and exciting, a true learning experience!
I open and close the cafeteria with one other person and we serve 200 people
General Manager/Chef, Lockheed, Archbald, PA (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 7, 2015
A typical day at work is a 5am start then prepare breakfast and lunch foods for our food court setting. I have to put together any caterings that might be happening during the day. I also have to place all of the orders and do all of the paperwork. I am usually done by 2:30 but then I have to get change at the bank and head to local stores to pick up some items needed to run the cafeteria that I cannot get on my regular delivery.
The job itself is wonderful. I get to be creative with the menus. I am a lone ship since there aren't many accounts for the company in my area so unless I have an issue there is not much contact but e-mail.
The people that work in the building are wonderful and understanding and the most enjoyable part of the job.
My staff of one other person is very supportive and we work very well together.
The hardest part of my job is getting time off for vacation and time off when I'm sick, which is rare anyway.
Pros
free breakfast or lunch, schedule condusive to having children
Cons
no local growth in company, healtcare, vacationtime coverage
Do not work for this company
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Taylor, Pa/Scranton, PaFebruary 4, 2015
Do not whatever you do work for this company, or at least the one in Taylor, Pa. Everything about this place is disorganized. The management and supervision is a joke. They treat you like pure garbage and pay you pretty much next to nothing while you're asked to do so much. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
not working weekends
Cons
everything
Don't work here EVER!
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Taylor, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Just don't ever work here, unless you want to get paid a bs wage and be forced to do other people's jobs all the time and get treated like a slave. This whole company is nothing but a joke, it's not even a warehouse, it's a building full of garbage and lies. Just don't work here.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
co-workers
Meal Preparer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 28, 2015
co-works were great. Loved working with the chef. Poor manager. This place was awful to work for. Mainly due to manager . Kitchen out dated . Met a great group of people to work with.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
walked a mile to get in to the place
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 12, 2014
I found this job to be very rewarding as I only worked weekends, yet was labeled a full-time employee with full benefits. The job in itself was very easy to accomplish without the help of others as I was my own manager during the weekend hours. I enjoy positions where there I am not being micromanaged.
Pros
pay and free food
Cons
i could never have a weekend off due to that being the only schedule i had available.
Operations Manager
Operations Manager/Route driver /Service tech (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 6, 2014
Progressed through roles of increasing authority to lead daily business operations for a leading national provider of vending machine products and services, including working with clients for product ordering and service / maintenance calls. Deployed personnel in response to service requests. Communicated with customers to resolve problems. Coordinated cash management, including money counting and deposits.

2.7