American Foods Group Employee Reviews

Productive, good company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 27, 2017
Working for American foods allowed me to gain experience in the beef/cattle industry. I learned alot, gained good associates and overall was a great start for me without me relocating to Green Bay, WI.
Pros
Great management, good benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime went on to long
Accommodating Workplace for Interns
Operations Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Versailles, OHJune 22, 2017
Overlooked many different departments such as Quality Assurance and Production. Very accommodating staff. Helped me out when I needed them. Fast paced
long days filthy conditions
office maintance, (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 1, 2017
work hard, treat people with respect do what has to be done.the work is stressful job training is lacking co workers poor attitude made it stressful six days a wk for months at a time.
Good place to work if you work hard
General Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 17, 2017
I liked working for American Foods, but their point system makes it hard to take off for appointments. The long hours are also something to think off, if you have a family this place does not work well for you.
its a fast pace job
Cattle sorter (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 9, 2017
it is a fast pace job it has great benefits, they also help with schooling after you have been there for a year. management is great, they really help when it is in need.
Strenous and repetitive
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 1, 2017
People come and go and there is not all of room to grow. It gets studious and the supervisors don't know what they are doing most of the time. There are times when there just isn't work and the hours tend to be very short.
Good place to start work if your moving to Green bay
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 27, 2017
American foods has great management employees and a fun place to work but you need to know more then one language to move up to a better position. But very satble
Productive in a very hard worker plus am a team player
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 22, 2017
The company is basic slaughter houes were animals are killed like cows bulls to make meat for the world to eat it have its up in down caues you can loose you life or get hert real bad if you dont pay attention to what you doing caues your working with sharp knifes in more caution.
A very physical meat packing position
Line Worker & Truck Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 2, 2017
Great environment to work if you like working in a meat processing, packaging, sanitation, & forklift plant. It is important to use the mind of safety in all areas as you'll often lift heavy packages, drive a lift in small areas, & use cutting knives to cut down tenderloins.
looks good but they need to listen to people more
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 21, 2017
very cold environment

the place is not well kept

they need better leadership

i did learn about the beef processing operation
Pros
they have decent starting pay
Cons
it's a death trap
Cold work place need more pay
Barcode scanner (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 13, 2017
Got hurt on the job got terminated only work there a short time but was not use for my skills on this job but they do hire on the spot great if u need a job ASAP it's right of the Highway and there are lots of places to go eat on your lunch break.
lack of security
Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 23, 2016
I have learned that if u are white you will get picked on they will break into your locked locker and steal off of your stuff that u have to repurchase again
Cons
short breaks
Verify all upc codes
QUALITY INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 14, 2016
verify all upc codes that are on the packages of the ground beef that was run for all shifts, notifying supervisors of any false upc codes on packages and putting it on hold. Working with people who don't care about doing the job is the most difficult part
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
managemnet has favortism and lack of communication
hard work pays off
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 3, 2016
Would get dressed make sure I had my equipment on correct. Would go down stairs and wait to be let in to the line and ask the line leader where I would be.depending where i was put is what i would have to do.

I learned the frozen meat is really hard to cut. The fat on meat makes your knife go dull fast.

Management was good. Everyone knew what to do. When you wanted a day off you would fill out a paper and hopefully it would get approved if it didn't all you would have to do id fill it out again.

The people I worked with for the most part were nice. You just had to make sure you didn't do anything wrong to make them mad and more because you were new.

The hard part would be working on Monday because that's when the meat would be frozen.

The enjoyable part of working work be the people you got to talk with.
Pros
discount on meat
Cons
not every nice people working there
cashier
Label Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2015
its was a nice place to work if you are in school. I enjoyed the workers. I like dealing with customers on a daily basis. the wasn't that good, but I had fun and enjoyed the experience.
A sample of TOTAL MISMANAGEMENT
Quality Assurance Technician in Meat Packing Plant (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OhioAugust 24, 2015
This place is full of illegal immigrants who has been working for past 8 to 10 years and do not let any new person to work or prosper here.
Pros
Easy to get a job here.
Cons
Difficult to work and prosper.
Quality Assurance Tech
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 17, 2015
Woked ther for ten years. the job is not bad. Managment could be better. Co-workers wher fun and easy to get along with. Benifits are not bad.
the use employees
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 1, 2015
always got to work early and did everything i needed to do. i got along with everyone. it was a good place to work, was very disapointed when they started to let workers go rite before there Benifits would have kicked it. I worked very hard to just get layed off without warring.
hrs were not the best for living in the city which were 13 days
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 20, 2015
AMF did offer a good position as supervisor but for the way they wanted supervisors to run we always had to refer to floor superintendent ......to me that just slowed us down leading to failing production lines. I reached the ceiling rather fast with AMF. I enjoyed the relationship that I had with my team members..
Pros
promoting team members to group leaders
Cons
13-14 hrs days....no time for anything
k
Meat Packer (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 2, 2014
I will go in to my locker prepare for work , putting on gear . Overall not to back when u learn position , they kill cows at the plant I worked .We work in basement like setting. I learned how too sanitize around meat
Pros
nice lunch room
Cons
not enuogh microwaves