American Freight Furniture and Mattress

American Freight Furniture and Mattress Employee Reviews

Sweat shop
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LADecember 17, 2016
"Showroom " is a big sweltering barn. Customers stumble in trying to get dirt cheap deals for offices or businesses . Stock guys and drivers transient and come and go quickly. Unbearable temperatures make the long hours seem like days. If you submit to this grueling torture you can make 2000 a month as a sales "associate". Third world atmosphere. Bare bones . And company wants zero overhead. Cheapskates
Pros
Eventually day is mercifully over
Cons
The rest
its a snake pit!!!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2016
the best thing about the place is meeting new people and actually getting to help customers get furniture. The management is corrupt all the way up and none of them can be trusted. Has a history of sexism and racism. Will take all they can from you and give u little to nothing in return for the sacrifice of 50+ hour weeks year round and 65+ hours a week Jan-Apr. Any money made there will be on your own merit so there is nothing really good to say about them. Stay away!
Pros
good money in tax season
Cons
working for people of no integrity
Keep personal matters outside of work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 28, 2016
very busy or laid back.
Keeping professional under pressure.

Local and Regional Managers need to keep personal matters outside of work, yelling at coworkers and pointing the blame at other management never helps any situation.

Morale was at an all-time low.

Enjoyed working with the CEO and VIP Highly knowledgeable and organized, everyone worked together better when they were present .
Pros
health/eye/ dental care
Cons
Lack of professionalism around customers.
Productive and fun environment to work in
Assistant Store Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 25, 2016
A typical day at work was very fun and exciting. It learned how to be a great leader,team member and salesperson. Management always handled any customer service issues to the best of their ability. My coworkers did their best to meet the daily goal for the store and were able to work together to have a successful workplace.The hardest part of the job were dealing with customer service issues and low merchandise. The most enjoyable part of my job was making a customer's day and meeting their needs.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Warehouse heating
Very fun workplace, hard work but fun people
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 9, 2017
It was my first ever job. Although it was very hard physical work we all worked as a team and had fun in our workplace. All the managers were very straight forward and didn't ask for much as long as the work was being done. My coworkers were also nice I'm glad I met them because I really learned a lot from them.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Heavy furniture
Good opportunity to advance for brown nosers
Sales Associate, Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, ILSeptember 9, 2016
This company doesn't care about WHAT you know, they care about WHO you know. Salespeople are way more professional than managers. Majority of the regional managers are spoiled children who don't really give a, and cause more problems than they solve. V.P.'s are holes who only help you if you kiss their behind and stroke their ego.
The company has potential to be absolutely great, but management and lack of training has doomed them.
Pros
Easy advancement
Cons
Inadequate training, favoritism
Management team
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PASeptember 11, 2016
The management team before I became a manager was good. They took care of their people for sure. The regional Manager was actually the one who took care of me the most. Always trained me and helped me with anything that I didn't know how to handle. Taught me a lot about the company and made me want to be a better manager for my store.
Pros
Wonderful work enviroment
Cons
Bad location
A lot of hours and not conducive to anyone with a family
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  ohioNovember 14, 2016
Worked a lot of hours. No sick time, denial of earned vacation time, no call offs and no exceptions. The company would threaten your job if you ever needed to be off work and would take away your earned days off. Some weeks you would go 10-14 days with no day off.
Perspectvly Good
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAAugust 14, 2016
Its a great place to work but it is all about perspective The workload is taxing with carrying the heaviest of furniture from Mattresses to sofa and loveseats. It can be very beneficial as far exercise but the wrong move can leave you seriously wounded. The atmosphere is great if you work with great hardworking people. In summary the work is good only if you make it so.
warehouse workers are great
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 30, 2016
learn a lot of tricks when it comes to warehousing to speed operations up while being safe. hardest part of the job is organizing the warehouse on short notice but the job always got done.
Pros
make friends and able to interact with customers
Cons
managers have no idea how to do their job or perform up to business standards
Great to work doing tax season
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 29, 2016
My days there were as simple as i was giving a furniture number and had to go to warehouse pull the item and either load it into the customers truck, van or car or i had to deliver it.
Pros
Tips we get to keep
Cons
No free lunch
Disorganized workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLOctober 17, 2016
Management is in a constant state of change. The job itself isn't very difficult.Hardest part of the job is getting constantly badgered about things that are out of your control.
Pros
Make your schedule
Cons
Excessive Amount of Hours/Days Required
warehouse, sales,management
Service, Sales (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYOctober 4, 2016
great place to work enjoyed working for company short breaks when you have a chance sell sell sell great trainers good pay every year around January trip to meet every one in the company free first uniform
Pros
advancement
Cons
short breaks
Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 6, 2017
Stand up for long hours, very excited and fun job to work at. I really loved working there, very small team but you have lots of fun. You interact with so many people daily. Money is great!
Pros
Good money
Cons
great place other than new corporate
Manager (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 7, 2016
The company let me grow to what i am today. Co workers are great i hired them there great people. The hardest part of the job was the corporate switch. Greatest part is the people
Pros
won cruises
Cons
they didnt give me what i won
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 6, 2016
Great place to work, coworkers are very nice. I got to meet new people and also help decorate or give them Ideas. They have really great prices for customers .
Pros
Great bours
Cons
Pay rate
Good job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLDecember 12, 2016
Great work environment, great employees n staff enjoy working for the company. They respect you as their own family. What more can I say about the company?
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks
Decent money good work, very bad management
Manager and sales associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 30, 2016
I was a manager and sales associate I spent my days helping customers find solutions to furntire needs. Anything for the living room, bed room or dining rooms. I also spent a lot of time training new people and setting up floor displays. The hours were tough but the pay was solid and the job was usually fun.
Pros
As much work as you want
Cons
On call 24/7 as a store manager
fast pace environment
Sales Associate/Management (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 14, 2016
Was get meeting different people everyday. Interacting with people was the best part of the job. was a great experience overall.
great co-worker, good management & benefits
Temporary Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 7, 2016
I Overall liked the job working in an sports facility, Ive learned certain skills to move forward in my career. The hardest part of the job was the first day of learning everything which quickly I caught on and got the hang of things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Freight Furniture and Mattress. Our community is ready to answer.