American Freight Furniture and Mattress

American Freight Furniture and Mattress Employee Reviews

N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJanuary 11, 2018
Started when first open, i also help organize the building
they use to have me all over the place store to store.

Mangers that are there have lack of experience
Pros
1hour breaks
Cons
no air conditioning or Heat
bad job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 10, 2018
did to much work for very low pay had us stacking product to high and did't care if somethings broke they would still sell it they were very rude to people
Pros
1hour lunch
Cons
everything
Not a good place to work for at all
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 3, 2018
Probably one of the worst jobs i have ever had. We had absolutely no benefits. I had to deal with upper management stealing and rewritting my sales. Management was late everyday.
Over All
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLDecember 26, 2017
I have worked there for a year and a bit more. A typical day at work I clock in and go straight to the back as a warehouse employee I am. If a customer has purchased something in store I place it on their car or truck. when I'm done with that I clean the ware house. Move furniture from one place to another as instructed. The hardest part about my job is all the heavy lifting with a low staff and the abundance of work they make you do. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers. I get to interact with different type of people.
Pros
Getting to meet new people every day
Cons
short breaks, miscomunication, under paid, unerstaffed
Productive and fun in the workplace
Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 26, 2017
If you want to grow with a company and build a career this is the company to start with. It’s a company that’s growing fast that’s expanding worldwide
no money to be made
Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNDecember 11, 2017
this store was overall a slow placed job field with brain washing managment terrible training program,poor management,poor pay, & have to do way to much work an not compensated
Pros
breaks
Cons
long slow days
Ok place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHDecember 4, 2017
Working in the office is OK. Very relaxed. The money is in the Warehouse. The salesmen are treated like gods and glorified while the rest of the workers are ignored.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Pay is too little
heavy lifting
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2017
I worked in the warehouse. I was the one who would carry your mattress or couch to your car and secure it. As a female who knowingly applied for the job, I got tired of customers trying to take items from me and carry it out.....thats my job.
Pros
fun people
Cons
dont really have one
Simply the worst.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GANovember 11, 2017
Seriously, don't bother. My manager did drugs at work with the knowledge and consent of the regional manager. I was left there as a trainee to watch the store as my general manager and another salesman walked across the street to a pizzeria to drink and watch an NFL game.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
Long hours, terrible pay, management vacuum.
Least professiona place i have ever worked.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 9, 2017
No inventory making sales commissions impossible to meet. Completely unprofessional and disrespectful management. No com,munications from HR or upper management at all.
Ok place to work
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 20, 2017
Its a okay company, but I just want more for myself. I just pick and pull orders, load and unload trucks. Clean the warehouse bathrooms. Basically straighten up the warehouse
Good work environment, not enough hours.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 20, 2017
I liked working there, I just couldn't get enough hours to be able to pay the bills. Good work environment, co-workers and managers. I would have stayed if I could have gotten more hours.
Productive and fun
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 18, 2017
American freight is a safe environment to work in they treat everyone the same I didn't like the pay I feel like they should pay more for the heavy lifting
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks health care
Good experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 12, 2017
great plaace , everyday is different , no day is ever the good weather or bad work days are the, invertory changes all the time exciting colors and styles to choose from every year
commission based sales job.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYOctober 9, 2017
lots of ups and downs. when you have merchandise to sell, its no competition.
not much to say, its dirty, long hours, 1 hour before opening and approx 1 hr after closing, so roughly 10 hour days every day whether or not there are customers.
draw is draw, if you don't hit it, mgt. tells you to "take the weekend off" ironically the busiest time of the week so that you cant' hit draw...
if your favored, you get promoted to the store you want. but if not, the only way to get a promotion is to be willing to move.. family or not, home owner or not..
the people you work with, if its for a long time, become like a family to you due to the UN godly amount of time you spend together. you fight, laugh, pick on each other.. try to keep each other motivated for hours at a time so when the next customer comes in your still on point.
its a sales job.. commission based.
you clock in, so there is a minimum wage make up if you dont hit draw, but in the event they have to pay that out too often, they tend to just let you go.
Commission based, no work/life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  INSeptember 28, 2017
Plan on having no free time outside of work.Must put in hours that are uncompensated due to commission sales pay scale.Mandatory hours no compensation
Pros
Set your own paycheck
Cons
Work more than 70 hours a week
If you are a female I would not reccommend
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 20, 2017
All men that work there and they are very childish. One thing will be ok to do one day and the next your getting yelled at for it. You cannot get any work done and not enough customers come in for you to get any real money. You only make 5% commission and they have too many people working there for you to make good money.
Overall experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 12, 2017
My experience as the ASM and store manager was eye opening. The place needs some renovations for the comfort of the employees and customers. However, I did overall enjoy my experience there because I created a comfortable environment for myself.
Pros
Great pay, assisting customers with color coordination, annual company rallies
Cons
Very long hours, extreme a/c and heat problems, unorganized
Very competitive commision based salary.
RETAIL SALES (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Sales staff meets and greets customer. Assesses their needs, and tries to find the best fit for their furniture and mattresses.
you have to be fast on your feet and be an aggressive sales person to close deals or you don't make money. There is no hourly pay. You make your own paycheck off of delivered sales.
Stress level is high. You do get two days off in a row. Weekends are a must.
I didn't need the medical insurance do to being on my wife's family plan through her employer. However I did use the dental and optical for the family.
If you are willing to relocate, you can advance quickly due to the fast growth of the company.
Pros
If you are a good sales person, you can make good money
Cons
Watch your back, There are many co-workers with no honor.
Room for Advancement
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 7, 2017
With american freight you do have room for advancement. They are currently opening stores all over the US. The hours are long but you can make money if you are a salesman.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Freight Furniture and Mattress. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9