American Furniture Warehouse Employee Reviews

never a boring day at work.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 14, 2018
There is always something to do. When you finish a task you will aways find another. to cleaning up the truck to building a bed. When you're finished move on to the next stop. By the time you look at the time, you find yourself done with a route.
Pros
Lots of freedom on the road.
Cons
physically demanding on the body.
Cut-throat
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 8, 2018
Cut-throat commission sales.. I don't recommend this company to any one. management is partial to long time associates and riding the sales staff to produce more
workplace
CPU/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 4, 2018
Didn't really care to much about the workers. Training was like being at a sleep over. They had picks and the ones from out of state were the pick. the best part of the job was helping he customers
i would not recommend
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 15, 2017
i worked as a sales rep, and a friend of mine was fired because of a customer complaint. My friend said something along the lines of "nice weather we're having" and the customer somehow took that the wrong way and complained to corporate. My friend was fired the next day. The management sucks, they say its an open door policy but that just means they want a reason to fire you. All they care about is the money.
Pros
pay, benefits, food
Cons
everything else
No comment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 12, 2017
My experience at AFW is one Id rather forget as it was a very cut throat environment and poor management. The only positive thing was benefits which was helpful.
Good Place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 27, 2017
Good place to work, good pay, some benefits, good customer base, well known company, and nice people. Professional company well known in town with great customer service.
Pros
stable job and pay
Cons
Benefits are just okay
Great Company Poor Location
Customer Check in (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 17, 2017
Its a great company overall. Takes care of its employees and customers. The thornton location has a lot of workplace drama and the warehouse is under poor management. Great showfloor management.
Great place to work, with Great pay
Front Office Lead and Cashier/ Financing (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 16, 2017
This is a great place to work. They pay well even starting. Everyone is treated equally, and you can count on the same schedule weekly, so that planning and a family can work together.
Pros
Discounts and paid time off, sick or vacation
Cons
Weekends and holidays
Stager
Lift operator and Staging (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2017
Not the great of all places to work at but still did it for 4 years. Management was ok not the best and could do better had to leave because I moved to California or else I would still be there.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
25 cent raises
exciting with customers and their proyects
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 10, 2017
wait on any and all customers coming into the store, qualify their needs and wants and direct them and help them on their decision making. great product knowledge at the place when it comes to furniture. the most enjoyable part is to have a happy and satisfied customer
Pros
discount on furniture
Cons
not flexible at work
Great Benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 8, 2017
They give you good benefits and you continue to accrue vacation and sick time. You have the ability to move forward in a position and they show recognition for your hard work.
tough but fun workplace
Warehouse Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Firestone, CONovember 2, 2017
Some days can be slow and some can be hard and fast. Most of the departments are working on minimal hands and can sometimes end up being short-handed some days. This means workdays can get hard and stressful but otherwise work here is good and steady full time work. Management sometimes treated like didn't know how to do my job or like I didn't know that something I was already working on needed to be worked on. Work days usually went by fast though with steady work.
Pros
Exercise Room, Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
No overtime, Understaffed departments
Great Private Company to work for
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 1, 2017
If you are a hard working individual, this is a great place to work. Some positions are hourly, and others are commission, but all have full benefits. You work hard, but you can make a very comfortable living.
Pros
Full benefits, good pay
Cons
Busy season can be very demanding
sales maintaing area given to each and every salesperson
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 27, 2017
commission sales learning all the various different pieces of furniture maintain the area given to you and keeping it clean, tagging or retagging for different sales different shifts early or late
Pros
pay was good, nice surrondings
Cons
had to work weekends
First step into sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 25, 2017
The margin is about 35% above cost. Sales Associates receive 4% of the subtotal upon reception of the merchandise by the customer. So there is nothing on the sales floor which will make your day or week. You are trying to grind it out with 50 other sales people.
Favoritism and lack of communication. A lot of egos and testosterone
Delivery Check-in (Former Employee) –  GilbertOctober 24, 2017
Not the best job but did my job. Management turn over was a joke. No training for new management. Wasn’t part of the job description but still landed on my desk.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
It was a nice place to work
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Mrytle beachOctober 16, 2017
I work plenty of hours I delivered a lot of furniture some days I work late put a lot of furniture together in the warehouse we worked plenty of hours I was averaging 80 to 90 hours a week hard work delivered a lot of furniture and big houses Upstairs Downstairs 16 flights of stairs up a lot of work
Laid back company with good benefits and good pay.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 13, 2017
My overall review of American Furniture Warehouse is good. I learned to be a good team player and engage and build rapport with customers. I also learned a number of clerical skills.The management was okay but I felt it needed to be a little more equality between departments. The culture was very upbeat and friendly with over 100 employees. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was being 100% commission and having inconsistent paychecks, but the most rewarding part of the job was being able to help people make beautiful homes with our selection of furniture.
Pros
Easy going, minimal supervision
Cons
working holidays and every weekend
it all depends on the location
Sales Associate and trainer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 8, 2017
great place to work but its all based on the effort you put in to suceed, great for those who have strong work ethics and are looking for a place where you are given the tools to make a good income
Its a great place to learn about furniture to get started
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ecru, MSOctober 5, 2017
I've learned a lot about furniture from the frame all the way to sending the furniture and its parts. I don't believe I've been given a decent salary for the work I've put into the company but I have had a lot of great co workers and some supervision.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Furniture Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.