American Girl Place

American Girl Place Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work environment
Operations (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day at work involves me clocking in and then figuring out what section i would be working in. After i do that i go pick up a headset and radio and go to the section i'm working in. Then, I basically stay in my section filling the floor while answering people if they need my help. While working there I learned that not everything will go how you want it and that you can't make every customer happy. The management was always there to help no matter the call. The co-workers are what makes it so easy to work there they liven the mood up while doing their job and if asked help you too. The hardest part of the just for me not being able to make all the customers happy or having to deal with customers who are not in the best mood. The most enjoyable part was being able to meet new people and being able to work in a great working environment.
WORK PLACE
Stock Associate (Former Employee), NEW YORK CITYJanuary 24, 2015
MAKING STOCK ROOM IS FULL AND OPERATING ,SUPERVISORS MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OPERATING
One of the friendliest places to work
Retail Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
A great culture to work in. If you are looking for a retail job American Girl has to be one of the best places to be. The culture is so strong and everyone has a great attitude day after day.

American Girl is a division of Mattell which consistently ranks as one of the best companies to work for and it shows.
very positive contact with customers
Seasonal Sales Department Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2014
Pros: customer contact
Cons: retail environment
Retail environment where you had the opportunity to please customers due to the vast amount of products offered.
Employed at American Girl Place
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2014
American girl was a very high pace environment, customers were purchasing products, the store was overly crowded. each worker have their own area to work in a quick timely manner to stack merchandise for customers to buy. working at american girl was a good experience and different, the pace never stop we work by the timely clock, the enjoyable part of this job was that when the store was overly crowded we always got the work assignments done.
Hard work
Busser (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 1, 2014
Pros: gaining friends, learning about the company, making kids happy, and celebrating special moments with people.
Cons: heavy bus tubs
A typical day at work included back pains and laughter. Working here, I've learned to be quick on my feet. I also learned that not everyone in a work place gets along all the time. The management team, they were pretty much great even though there was one manager that didn't like me because the other workers always complimented me on how great my work was. I pretty much got along with all of my co-workers. I was the one that everyone loved because I did not engage in gossip and I was the one who everyone told their secrets to. My hardest part of this job was carrying 90 pound bus tubs all day and having to get to work by 5:30 am.
Great work enviroment
Sales Floor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 30, 2014
I enjoyed working at American Girl. I loved being on the sales floor assisting customers.
great if you love children
sales (Former Employee), 10017May 17, 2014
Pros: a lot
Cons: management could be better
easy work
easy money
great customers (most of the time)
not stressful
fun place
Senior Seller (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2014
Great company love the kids and interacting with the guests
Overall
Cashier (Former Employee), NY, NYMarch 28, 2014
Wonderful job - from environment down to staff ! EXCELLENT - as a former employee this was one of my favorite jobs , granted I worked during the holiday season , the job remained busy and each employee got a chance to explore.
PLAY TO WIN!!
Customer Rep/Personal Shopper Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 12, 2014
Pros: its fun and your getting paid to play with children
Cons: management, promotions
ITS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK ! WORKED FOR 9 YEARS EASY TO EXCEL IN THE COMPANY IF YOUR A SERIOUS HARD WORKER !!
Nice people, fun products.
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2014
If you like working with kids this is a great place. This company cares about the experiences they provide to their customers.
Great product and Fun place to work, poor management
Sales Lead (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: great pay, 30% discount, free mattel products and lots of raffles
Cons: unfair management, no room for growth.
The company offers a lot in terms of benefits, and its a magical place to work because your client base is a group of little girls and the product is fun. Not a difficult job at all just come to work on time ALL the time and even if you suck at your job you'll still keep it. They don't hold their associates accountable for their performance. A lot of favoritism. Only store in NY so no room for growth unless you transfer to another state. Management and associates live very separate work lives and rarely intertwine, very strange.
Loved it!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2014
I loved the work environment. Management was friendly but still respected. Hours were great and so was the pay.
Good Work place
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Learned about sales goals we needed to meet, great leaders in this company.
if you love children this is the best place to work
Department Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 15, 2013
opening the sweet shop checking orders that were placed, receiving orders and setting up. making beverages
working as a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2013
what i like about american girl it gave me more experience of interacting with others work as a team help the customers with things they need i really enjoyed work at this store because i was able to work my skills
Great place to work & Fun
Doll hair stylist (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 1, 2013
I miss working there.. Best job I ever Had.... Managers are very respectful.. the break system is totally amazing.. I love American girl.
Cool job
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 1, 2013
Assist customers with different products. Meet different people from all over the world.
Productive, kept me busy
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 18, 2013
Pros: reading material, and long breaks.
Cons: nothing
American Girl Place was a fun experience, it was a little challenging at times but was a great learning experience. This job kept me busy and on my feet constantly. And tend to customers' needs and be able to answer their questions. The hardest part of this job is that you had to learn the different products you were selling, you had to memorize the different character dolls and their names, and time eras.
My co-workers were helpful and very nice.
The most enjoyable part was being able to help others and interact with children.

1 2 3