American Girl Employee Reviews in United States

flexible workplace
Doll Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2016
The workplace takes care of the employees, clean, organized, very flexible. Fun place to work at and good opportunities for career achievement.
Embrace Your Inner Child
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 26, 2016
A fun place with kind people. They taught me how to embrace my strengths to become an employee with a niche. My confidence has been boosted and I have learned many job skills over the years.
Pros
Fun products, willing to accomodate needs
Cons
Frequent evening and weekend work
Friendly people
Materiel Handler (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJune 18, 2016
American Girl has a great Family Culture that welcomes you with open arms and makes you feel right at home.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
seasonal
Excellent Summer Job!
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2016
I absolutely loved working here. It was a great and friendly environment. I would recommend this as a summer job for any teenagers looking to make some extra money.
Pros
Great pay and good hours
no longer family oriented work enviroment
facilities (Former Employee) –  wilmotMay 31, 2016
Was once a friendly family, friends, oriented enviroment to work at but once new Warehouse manager that was hired took over it's become more of a hostile enviroment and worker's are treated more like prisoners no one can talk while working and are scared to manager at the end of day stands over the time clock watching workers punch out they no longer treat people as human beings with feelings at the Wilmot Wi facility
Pros
none any more
Cons
new manager
General Office
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, WIMay 27, 2016
Owner became to hands off leaving too much responsibilty on staff members in her absence

Not more to tell.

This review site seems to be not working properly wont advance to nest screen.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2016
I love my job at American Girl. The only con is not being about to get more hours in part time positions, but other than that, this is an awesome company to work for.
Pros
Play culture
Cons
Short hours
Fun and productive place with opportunities to play and have fun and eat good food!
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 25, 2016
I worked as Merchandise Handler. A typical day you clock in AP(American Girl Security) receive your radio and headset, put your personal items away put on your apron and check the breakboard; this gives you the time of your lunch/break for the day and tells your assigned duties and assigned area for the day. You go out to your assigned work area and begin writing down what merchandise you need to fill, a customer may approach you and ask for help you either help them or refer them to a sales associate depends on what the customer wants or needs; managers are walking around on the floor; once you stock your area you then down stock the back stock room, continue throughout your shift monitoring your area for additional needed products; management and co-workers were ok everyone helped each other good team work. The hardest part was being on my feet for 4-8 hours. American Girl is a fun place to work there are incentives Mattel toy gifts at Christmas, bonuses when Mattel reaches their projected goals, flexible work schedule, great benefits.
Pros
The work is not hard just tedious, great incentives, 10.00/hour to start, benefits are great even for part time associates.
Cons
The job can be strenuous because of the lifting and being on your
Was an excellent place to work until approximately 3 years ago
Support Associate for Doll Hospital Dept (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIApril 18, 2016
*Training & answering associate questions - department emails & records - placing vendor orders with the buyer - control work flow of the department - placing doll hospital orders in the system - printing invoices for completed orders - correcting associate errors in the system - weekly department schedule - working with other departments & associates that were involved with the doll hospital department directly & indirectly.
*Learned to use many different system programs
*Management was good until some changes were made in the company
*Majority of the co-workers were great, but a few were two-faced which you find everywhere you work
*Hardest part of the job - not enough time in a day
*Enjoyed the variety of my job daily duties
Pros
Vacation time - holiday pay - hourly pay - benefits
Very Friendly environment
Asset Protection Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 15, 2016
I have known this company since I was a little girl. It is a dream come true to be a part of this team and share the experience with my daughters.
Pros
Welcoming Environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmot, WIApril 13, 2016
I loved my time working for American Girl. The work was so easy and you helped make a little girls dream come true. The people you work with there are amazing. I miss working there.
American girl is a great place to work. but I'm looking for an opportunity to grow.
Package Merchandise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2016
American Girl has been a good work place for me. I'm just looking for growth and more income..and stability with more pay and benefits.
Pros
Great Work Environment.
Cons
The pay could be higher with Benefits but, as of right now I'm not getting.
fun but difficult
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 10, 2016
mostly a female workplace, i didn't fit in as the only male waiter but still made it fun for customers by teaching kids about their dolls and helping them enjoy their experience there.
Productive and fun environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Wilmot, WIMarch 29, 2016
I would get there at 6am and we would start the morning meeting and we get assigned to work stations. Management was always fair and they laid out all the rules.
Pros
Free toys, and dinners
Cons
Not enough work to be a full time worker
Productive, happy and fun place
Employment Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 6, 2016
The employees are a great group of people. They are happy. This position kept me challenged. I worked with people of all backgrounds and learned everyday
never work there again.
Seasonal - Supply Coordinator (warehouse) (Former Employee) –  DeForest, WIMarch 2, 2016
disrespectful employees, supervisor disrespectful and boring.

Supplying boxes and other supplies for packer
ordering boxes for packers
stacking tots
supplying tots with product for packer to pack
Cleaning
fun and productive workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2016
It was one of the best companies that I have worked for. It is normally very busy so it will keep you moving and your day will go quickly. There is always something to do and the best way to work is as a team. the managers are very understanding and just fun to be around. the energy is contagious.
Playing with dolls & celebrating birthdays, just plain FUN
Bistro Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2016
What better place to work---playing with dolls, celebrating birthdays and producing great food all day long! Beautiful bistro but you must love the color pink since it is everywhere including your apron. Menu and quality of food is exceptional which makes customer service easy. The one guest complaint is that reservations are necessary on weekends since the bistro has only 15 tables and there could easily be 300+ covers in one day. Makes for a very busy day so your shift will fly by. Weekdays are less stressful and when school is in session all you get are tourists. The 1st restaurant I have ever worked in where the earliest shift time is 9:30am and the latest clock out was 9:30pm.
Pros
Company sponsored parties, lunches & merchandise discounts
Cons
Short breaks, only part-time 4 to 6 hour work schedules, 20 hours/week
fun place to build your skills
Production Lead, (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIDecember 29, 2015
started at the bottom there and worked my way up to lead was there for 17 years I left because I moved otherwise would still be working there.
Pros
bonuses and a family type culture you get
Cons
short notice for overtime
A Great Place to Learn
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIDecember 15, 2015
I have nothing but positive things to say about 20 years at American Girl. They taught me how to be a great employee and I loved every part of working for American Girl.

4.2