American Girl

American Girl Employee Reviews

contest and activities to get all departments together
General Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: scheduling and atomsphere
Cons: stafing and scheduling only 15 hrs. per week
The start of my day is to make a plan for success. We work by reservations, floor plans are very important to make sure our customers are sat on their planned time. I know each employees abilities to be able to set them up for their success and fun.
I make sure all line checks are in order and food quality is good and ready to start the day. My favorite part is having my shift meetings making them laugh before the start of the day. When customers leave giving compliments makes me feel my success. If customers have had some problems I'll always do my best to make it right before they leave.
Fun job with great benefits and nice co-workers.
Customer Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee), Middleton, WIMay 8, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed the customers and my co-workers. The benefits are great.
My typical day included supporting the retail stores by providing
assistance to customers wishing to book reservation for dining in the cafes and bistros, and special events.

I also processed refunds and exchanges for the stores, provided general store information, and resolved customer issues when required.

I also processed point of sale orders, and catalog orders when necessary.
fun workplace
Cashier, Doll Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Mclean,VirginiaMay 7, 2015
fun but no benefits,and not alot of reliable work hours.
i gained P.O.S Register training and some knowledge of retail and saled.
As a line/prep cook
Busser (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 7, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Went out of business
I earned my culinary experience, trained by awesome chefs. Our menu changed every year. I got to work with several experiened line/prep cooks.
productive and fun co-workers
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2015
Pros: descent pay
working at american girl place helped me gain experience with working with a large amount of people on a regular basis; and since american girl place was located in manhattan i was able to learn how to interact and help people of many different back rounds and languages. my fellow co-workers were like family so being in a atmosphere where there was nothing but love made difficult situations very easy. the hardest part of the job was leaving at times because we had such a great time, there was always something to look forward too. every job has one manager that may get on your nerves, but at the end of day in life you have to learn how to work around personal feelings to give your best at your job.
Amazing place to work
Direct Service Associate (Former Employee), Wilmot, WIMarch 31, 2015
Pros: free exercise room, giveaways, holiday dinner
Cons: seasonal
A truly awesome call center to work in and a great, fun company to work for. Good pay, perks, and fun customers.Management and support staff always available for help. Excellent training staff.
N/a
Ear piercer (Former Employee), De Forest, WIMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Free snacks sometimes
Cons: No complaint's
It is a wonderful place to have worked for three seasons and I enjoyed every moment of it. Beautiful building and staff. I wish I could have gotten hired as a regular.
Fun place to work
Bistro Lead (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 23, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: too many people to report to. you never knew who was your actual boss.
Fun place to work. Too many meetings. I felt like I was back in school sometimes. Management played favorites. The girls smiles were the greatest though!
Good
Sales Representative / Stock (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 9, 2015
Very Nice work environment . Very professional and Great supervisors. Provided many hours On my schedule. Never had any problems with managers and staff was excellent and well trained.
Fun environment
Host (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 8, 2015
Typical day
Greet guests as they walk by
Seat guests to their tables
Assign server tables
Hardest part is knowing how many walk-ins to take on a busy day
Doll hair
Busser
Upsell American Girl items
Great place to have work life balance
Cook (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch and willing to work with your schedule.
Cons: i have no cons.
At American Girl the Management Team is very understanding with the work life balance. They will work with schedule that best fits your needs. Management is always there when you need them and are always giving their employee positive reinforcements.
Great
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Best company to work for! I never dread going to work! I am given the chance to grow and learn everyday! If you show the desire to grow in the company they allow you to. I have been there for not even a year and I want my career to be with this company.
Your own your own
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: management
I efficiency sanitize all dishware, restore cookware throughout the line, clean tables, set-up table settings, aided shoppers, and clean the kitchen as well as the bistro.
Management never orders enough supplies and leaves employees to have to deal with customers.
Productive And Fun work place.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: the pay.
Cons: hours.
A typical day at work was exciting. I loved to see little kids happy. It was very uplifting to make young peoples day. Co-workers were great and very welcoming. The management staff as well. There was really nothing hard about the job.
Fun place - hectic during holiday season
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Middleton, WIFebruary 1, 2015
Call Center environment - enabled to make decisions to help customers to the fullest. Long hours during holiday season
Fun Job
Cash Rep Lead (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2015
American Girl is a fun place to work. Seeing the little girls face light up is one of best things about working there.
Great spirit within work force, good trainingand support. Only temporary work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Wilmot, WIJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great facility, great people
Cons: its only temporary work, hard to mingle with the seasoned employees
During this temporary hire, it is the busiest time of the year for American Girl. They have extensive training with great people. Everyone at this facility has a great spirit. They do have support once trained, you just have to have to time while on the phones to be able to utilize it.
Hard work, seasonal, extremely fast-paced
Fulfillment Processor (Former Employee), Wilmot, WIJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: friendships formed
Cons: lack of benefits and salary increases, reduced hours
10 hours per day with bi-weekly pay periods which during the six seasons working there, were reduced from 70-80 hour pay periods first season to as few as 20 hour pay periods by sixth season.

Learned to supervise multiple departments with the assistance of lower management and full-time co-workers.

Lower management was very supportive; upper management more concerned with annual profits than employees' workload.

Co-workers became steadfast friends and worked extremely well together.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with the internal politics.

Best part of the job was the number of co-workers who became personal friends that socialized together regularly.
Gift wrapper (Current Employee), DeForest, WIJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: employees get treated great
Cons: seasonal work only
My first season at American girl was awesome! I met so many great people. They treat employees great! I had to go back for a second season and am currently still there.
productive with some slow days
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: fun, caring environment.
Cons: rude costumers.
it was a nice place to work but some of the employees are not interested in getting to know you if your new. you HAVE to love children working here and must keep a smile on your face at ALL times. Interacting with costumers is a must.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Girl

Pleasant Rowland introduced American Girl dolls in 1986 as a historically-themed alternative to Barbie and the Cabbage Patch Kids. – Read more

American Girl Salaries