American Golf Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 29, 2016
assisted customers & their needs.
customer service skills.
co workers were all kind & hard working.
no hard parts to job. it was all basic customer service.
i enjoyed my position & duties.
It is a very nice and clean place to work with many smiling faces.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  West Linn, ORAugust 14, 2014
This was my first job and I am very glad I got to work there. At the time of my employment there were many new hires in management in the Banquet Server department, however, my boss was very good at his job that he could almost fix anything as far as management goes. I am sure that it is the best looking place in West Linn. It is clean, the tables are shiny, the grass in green and full, but most noticeably the walls have really fancy decorations as well as nice paintings. Everyone including employees are friendly and nice which feels so welcoming. I learned a variety of things ranging from efficient ways of thinking to handling responsibility. They don't give benefits. It was very physically demanding, and that was quite hard for me to handle on a regular basis. Overall though it is a fantastic company.
Sports/Hospitality enviornment. Great people!
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 27, 2012
Coming from a structured corporation (Verizon) it is refreshing to work for a company where you can think outside the box. The autmosphere is more relaxed and the management/executives are the best.

Compensation and benefits are below market value.
Revenues are weather driven.
Pros
friendly enviornment; room for growth; ethical values
Cons
wage freeze; furlough
Burn and Turn Company
golf operations (Former Employee) –  tallahasseeSeptember 14, 2012
I don't know what the other reviews are talking about. I was with them for 3 years and it was the WORST job I ever had. The management team only cared about themselves and would quickly stab you in the back. They ruled by fear and never realized there greatest assets.........there employees.
Pros
half price lunch and a paycheck
Cons
mandatory 2 week furlough, poor pay, poor benefits, the constant fear of loosing your job.
Productive and Fun
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJune 24, 2014
A great company to work for with a lot of bright minds. Since the industry is saturated, there is no room for growth at this point. The most difficult part of the job is customer relations.
Pros
benefits and co workers
Cons
no room for growth
great job
Keney Golf Course Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 30, 2013
fun,fun,fun.n good people,great pay and benifits. long hours very hard labor. free golf.
Long learning career
General Manager, Highland Park Country Club (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILAugust 6, 2015
I worked for 18 years for the worlds largest management company. Started as a volunteer and became a Regional Manager, winning the first ever General Manager of the Year Award.
Pros
Great training, lots of locations, I saw the whole country
Cons
Easy to get lost in the crowd for some but not me.
Great learning experience
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 6, 2015
I was able to cover the whole areas of accounting. I was looking this kind of accounting jobs since I graduated from college. It was a great opportunity to work for American Golf. At the beginning the team was great but many of them left. Downsizing. Over all I had a great time. I gained a lot.
Pros
Great working and learning experience
Cons
Bad losing great people
Fantastic learning experience but needs improvement on work / life balance.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens New YorkAugust 28, 2012
Working with American Golf Corp was a fantastic experience. I was educated with several different skills that will further my career. They need improvements in management training and work / life balance but overall I enjoyed working for them.
Pros
office is on a golf course and its a sports career.
Cons
work / life balanceand low management training.
Look elsewhere
Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXMay 23, 2013
Not a place to leave your mark and grow your career. Good old boy network. C-Level management knows nothing about the facilities and people other than on a piece of paper in black and white.
Pros
business revolves around recreation, facilities fairly nice
Cons
no training or development, no personal or financial growth opportunities, toxic work environment
Great work, poor company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaAugust 10, 2012
Although executives talk a big game about helping employees, the talk falls short on action. Job security is always hanging over your head and on several occasions, I was witness to senior management lying directly to employees. If you can get past the poor treatment for the masses, the work itself is wonderful!
All about the bottom line
former food and beverage director (Former Employee) –  Killearn Country ClubDecember 11, 2014
Went to work for a run down property. No air conditioning in banquet room half the year. No heat through the winter. Roof leaking. Rooms for rent havent been updated since building them in the 60's. Poorly managed by the general manager. American Golf cant get rid of the property because of an iron clad lease so they will not spend the money for repairs.
Cons
general manager is lacking in people skills
Great atmosphere
Sales and marketing of equipment and golf classes (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 31, 2012
I look forward to going to work because of the people and the friendly atmosphere at the course and at the pro shop. I am only a part time person who would really pay to work there, that's how much I like the job. I often train new employees and I also recruit new people for part time jobs.
Pros
$5 to play golf, 50% discount on food/clothing, 200 golf courses in u.s.
Learning experience
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CaliforniaMay 29, 2012
Did all the daily accounting for the golf shop and Food & Beverage. Did the payroll as well as the scheduling for the golf shop and outside staff. Gave golf lessons.
Poorly managed
Head Banquet Food Server (Former Employee) –  Brigantine, NJJuly 13, 2013
Disrespectful mangers; treated employees terribly. Had to do the work of 4 employees for low wage.
Long hours and lousy pay
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 13, 2012
They expect their employees to work extremely hard with little pay. You shouldn't be called an employee but more like a volunteer.
Well run club. Great co-workers
Membership Director (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 29, 2013
Great club and company. I learned alot. I value my time spend with AGC.
hard work
maintenance (Former Employee) –  CAApril 25, 2012
i like working out on the field specially at 3;00am with all animals
Pros
fun
Cons
fun

2.8