American Golf

American Golf Employer Reviews

fun, par-time
Membership Sales (Former Employee), Long Beach, CaliforniaMarch 18, 2014
Pros: temp. position, fun, easy
Cons: not enough hours
making new tee times for members, teeing them off on time, making sure events ran smoothing and timely. Selling of new membership, and pro shop goods.
Good for your 2nd job or for fun!!
Bartender (Former Employee), Marbella Country Club, San Juan Capistrano, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: management was cool and laid-back
Cons: terrible compensation and employee benefits
I worked for Marbella Country Club and I do not recommend it to anyone unless you DO NOT plan on using employee benefits like GOLF or expecting good money ... If you are a beginner to Food and Beverage and live with mom and dad still or if its your 2nd job for extra income maybe its a good job... I was told when hired that I made 18% gratuity and when – more... I started working everyone said we only make 12% that the club keeps the other 6%... WOW... The members at Marbella average about 75 years of age and are some of the most grumpy stuck up old people I have ever seen (They need to realize that they are not at a 5 diamond club, more like 2 diamond)... The club is out dated and beat up and American Golf needs to invest in some remodeling!! They need to pay good employees good money or that place will be ran to the ground quickly..
Hopefully someone steps up and pulls some legal action on the gratuity holdings, I just quit once I heard that... I tried to bring some friends to golf with me and got denied by my place of work... I was embarrassed to tell people I worked there!! – less
Great place to work.
-Low pay
-Little room for advancement
no work life balance
Director of Private Events (Former Employee), PasadenaMarch 21, 2013
Cons: unrealistic goals and expectations, poor service, corp. politics, poor benefits.
The National Director of Sales for American Golf does not believe in work life balance, and has highly unrealistic expectations of the Private Event sales managers and directors. He constantly piles new, time consuming yet somehow urgent projects on their plates as well as the most unrealistic prospecting goals I have ever seen. (50 LIVE calls per week). – more... They rarely have administrative assistants or accountants at their clubs and an archaic CMS system (Sage) which is constantly breaking down and allows for many errors, including but not limited to double booking of space. All event accounting is done by the sales managers. They have many clubs that are very run down and in dire need of renovation. They are often short staffed on the service side and have many complaints about this and the food quality. They are very restrictive with regards to menu and pricing flexibility. They are very disorganized and tend to throw directors in without any guidance or basic training, You are essentially on your own. You must report every call, site, networking or email contact that you make in their Sage CMS system which is extremely time consuming, taking sales managers away from selling. And Directors are expected to sell more than managers, plus complete the multitude of other projects that are piled on almost daily. If you don't drink their hardcore sales philosophy kool-aid and follow every rule, you will be sorry. Corp and social politics rule the show here. It's was like high school… and 70 hour work weeks. And expect to share a very small office with your team. Poor insurance. Forget it. Look elsewhere. – less
Wonderful work envirionment at one of Colorado's premiere golf facilities.
Assistant Golf Professional/Pro Shop Manager (Former Employee), Littleton, COFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: a wonderful opportunity to take advantage of one of colorado's most recognized golf facility
Cons: a very difficult commute and the job required long hours.
My typical day would be to organize and prepare the Golf Shop to ensure a positive experience for our guests.I would also oversee the overall daily customer service of the Golf Staff, as well as, coordinate golf lessons with a variety of members.
I worked with a management team that provided knowledge of tournament coordination and sales of other gatherings, – more... as well as the overall understanding of the operations of the Golf Shop.
I was given the opportunity to build and nurture positive relationships with our member base. – less
American Golf is a great company to work for.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Queens, NYNovember 26, 2012
There is nothing better then working at a Golf Course. No matter how hard of a day you have, you can go outside, stare at the beautiful course and know you made a great career choice. Management was a pleasure to work for and the employees were a pleasure to work with. The hours are long, but still worthwhile.
FAST PACED WORK ENVIRONMENT
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAMay 21, 2012
Pros: paid vacations, off holidays
Cons: graveyard shifts
I LIKE TO KEEP BUSY, SO A FAST PACED WORK ENVIRONMENT IS PREFERRED. I AM ABLE TO EASILY MULTI TASK WHILE WORKING EFFICIENTLY. I DON'T THINK THAT THERE IS A 'HARD' PART OF A JOB, IF YOU REALLY WANT TO DO SOMETHING AND PUT YOUR MIND INTO IT-IT CAN BE VERY EASILY ACHIEVED.
Good place to work, nice people and very friendly
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Inverness, SCTApril 8, 2014
Working for American Golf gives so more confidence in selling and approach to people, they respect you no matter who you are!
They are nice and very friendly people.
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), EnglandFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: if you love golf you will enjoy it
Cons: commission structure poor
fun place to work if you have a passion for golf
commission structure very poor giving no incentive to sell high margin products
good
general assistant (Former Employee), telford and wrekinFebruary 4, 2014
this work experience was great, apart from there was too much cleaning and didn't really appeal to me.
a good place to develop standard work skills
inventory management and stock arrangement (Former Employee), Hazel Grove, ENGNovember 14, 2013
Pros: skills acquirement
Cons: tedious and boring
american golf (hazel grove) is a good place to work as an employee and good place to work for work experience, with friendly staff and well space breaks and working hours.
a day in the life....
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Glasgow, SCTSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: staff prices
Cons: winter
go in for 8.30,check emails,targets,floor walk,staff come in,inform them what is needed for the day,hoover,always dealing with customers first and foremost,always being security minded,always tidying up the easier for you at end of night,greatest part of job is customer satisfaction,hardest is winter time when customer are sparse,end of night cash up – more... z the til bank the money and put figures in computer,set alarm go home – less
Target driven yet there's a good team dynamic
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), BelfastApril 18, 2013
Pros: commission based
Cons: short shifts i.e 3 hours
A typical day would firstly entail finding out my various KPI's for my shift and any incentives to focus upon. Then next onto the shop floor, talk with customers face to face about the advantages of products and entice them to purchase.

Throughout my time at American Golf I've learnt a lot about personal selling in particular. The company has a 4 step – more... guide to selling and enticing the customer to buy. My sales technique now I feel is very good and seeing the results everyday in terms of KPI's is both rewarding yet it drives me on to sell more and more. – less
Weekend Shop Assistant Job
Shop Assistant - Weekend work (Current Employee), kingston Upon ThamesJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: just weekend job
Cons: just weekend job
I am still currently working at American Golf as a weekend shop assistant - I am still at school in the 6th form.
I enjoy my work, I serve customers, stock taking, generally put new stock out and keep shop tidy.
My co-workers are very nice and are very helpful.

LucyR – February 13, 2013

Cheeky question I know but I've been given an interview for American Golf and was wondering what their hourly pay is like I'm the same age as you as I'm in college was wondering if you could let me know thanks?

About American Golf

You might say this company knows to stay out of the rough. American Golf Corporation (AGC) is one of the largest golf course management – Read more