American Greetings Employee Reviews

Good work place.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 18, 2017
The company is good, just not enough hours or really my forte. Being able to work your own sacrilege is a great thing and there people are wonderful, especially management.
Pros
Make your own hours.
Cons
Not enough hours
I Love it There you will too
Machine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoy working at American Greeting. Good company no bad side if you do your job right......They give up Date on how the company is doing . And tell you what they are going to do to may things better you and the company . They plan ahead so you would have a job...
Pros
Great company
Cons
Do your job
Ok job
Part-time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 10, 2017
For people who are in school or retired. Not a career job no advancement at all. No travel expense, limited time to complete job tasks. There is no reimbursement for any expense ie pens, garbage bags, notebooks (for keeping track of schedule). Different sites for completing tasks and entering time worked.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No travel expense, no advancement
Amazing atmosphere with such nice people
Creative Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2017
Everyone I've encountered, work for, worked with, have just been so nice. It's been great! The environment is so warm and welcoming, I would hope everyone would get an opportunity to work in such a great environment as I do.
Great company
Field Sales (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2017
I enjoy working for the company. They have good work life balance. What makes this company good is the upper management. They work hard to show appreciation to employees. Middle management shows a lot of favoritism.
Pros
Work life balance, Upper Mangement
Cons
Middle management play a lot of favoritism
Worst people I have ever worked for!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 4, 2017
Supervisor acts like a child and bad mouths other employees. Do not work for this company in this region! Supervisors demand a plan for certain hours and in the interview they said hours were flexible...which they are NOT! Also condescending attitude from supervisors if u don't say how high when they say jump. I had 3 stores and it was too .much so I asked to be at one store instead of all 3. Was told merchandisers don't get to pick and chose where they work. I was under the impression I already worked there. It's a mess and they treat employees horrible.
Pros
Cons
Non flexible hours like they claimed in the interview
Great environment work at
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2017
Great company to work for.
Organization is very stable and environment is one of the best I've worked for thus far.

Hardest part of the job is the constant chain delays

Most enjoyable part of job is the flexibility.
Great Place To Work
Product Realization Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 3, 2017
Great place to work. Creative culture, opportunities to advance or move laterally for more experience. Good mix of creative talent and business associates. Great location.
Great Company
Installation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 2, 2017
American Greetings is a very good company to work for. Benefits and profit sharing were excellent. Management was appreciative and responsive.
Pros
Benefits. Profit Sharing
Cons
Pay. Hours
very flexible schedule. Great to interact with people on a day to day basis.
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 31, 2016
I greatly enjoy my job with American Greetings. The schedule is very flexible. I love working with customers. The only downfall at the moment with my job is that I don't get enough hours in a week. The pay is sufficient but the allowed hours to work is not enough.
Pros
basically work alone with no one directing or standing over you.
Cons
No health care benefits at all. Not enough hours.
American Greetings is very stern but friendly company.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Afton, TNDecember 30, 2016
The company is like a well clean and oiled machine going at two hundred miles per minute. But you meet nice people from all over the world there. One bad part is that dearing or near different holidays it's quite exhausting. Only because let's say it's two weeks from Christmas and your making rapping paper for the holiday, but your working all day everyday with it. That just takes a little bit of the spirit out of you.
Pros
Nice people to work with and steadfast.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Productive and fun job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, CODecember 28, 2016
Received a lot of productive training that helped me advance to team leader. Merchandise cards, gift wrapping, gift bags, party plates, utensils, candy and seasonal merchandise. Put up temporary displays and did resets for every holiday. Used plan o gram to merchandise all cards and temporary shippers. Also used Telzon to order merchandise.
Pros
Productive. Schedule was flexible
Cons
Holidays were overwhelming
flexible job, with great working conditions
Mechandiser (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 28, 2016
This is a fun job where you can meet the public and work with management for a fulfilling job. The hours are flexible and helping customers is very rewarding.
Pros
flexible
Cons
expectation from managers can change from store to store
nice company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 15, 2016
nice company, good people. nice coworkers, most hardest part was keeping the department straight, enjoyable part was seeing the different products.
Digital Artist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHDecember 10, 2016
Working for American Greeting was a great experience in my career. It worked there as an artist and it was a huge learning experience working with such amazing individuals.
production specialist
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARDecember 6, 2016
Typical day at American greetings in my department is building displays for the cards and assortment. Packaging items to be shipped out to the stores. I learned to work in a fast pace environment. I got along well with all my co-workers and managers. The hardest part of my job was maintaining standard throughout the work day. I enjoyed working with others and working in the packaging department.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 5, 2016
Good pay and hours .professional managers and trainers. very family friendly. co workers good.work was varied but fair.Good working conditions
Pros
Lots of dust they don't train you properly easy to get hired and fried
Order Filler/Picker (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARDecember 2, 2016
Management is not good co workers are nice and easy to get along with no parts f the job is enjoyable you don't learn nothing from trainers basically you learn on your own or from others typical day is working from bell to bell
Cons
only 20 min lunch breaks no breaks in between
Managed poorly
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaNovember 29, 2016
Probably the worst company I have ever worked for as a merchandiser, by far their competitor hallmark are better to their employees! I worked for both companies hallmark first then American greetings. I'm a hard worker so I find it terrible that they treat their employees like dogs. After I hurt my knee and needed coverage for my territory they took my stores away and cut my hours by more than half. Additionally, they don't give their employees enough hours to keep the stores clean and organized, 2 hours once every other week is not enough to keep a Riteaid looking nice for customers.
Cons
Poorly managed
Flexible work schedule
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYNovember 21, 2016
Flexible schedule, part time hours, no weekend work unless you want to. Friendly environment. Use of your own vehicle. Time management is essential for this job.
Pros
Flexiblilty
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Greetings. Our community is ready to answer.