American Greetings Employee Reviews

Meh
Operator, Power Truck and Spooler (Former Employee) –  Afton, TNFebruary 15, 2017
Seasonal manufacturing environment. Full white collar upper management that could care less about the workers so long as goals and deadlines are met. Pay is okay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Coworkers
Productive workplace
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARFebruary 13, 2017
American Geeetings is a Fun environment. Its very stressful at some points. Great pay with benefits. But overall, Some of the management could be better
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Short lunch 20 mins
A warm place to work
Cashier/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 11, 2017
American Greetings is a great place to work if you love to organize and interact with people. There is a warm feel to working there, and it was always a comfortable place to be.
Pros
Relaxing and nice
Cons
Can be slow and quiet
Bad Company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2017
No Benefits!! Weight of boxes too heavy to move & lift on a daily basis... Not enough hours given each week to do the job.. Raises are bad if you get one..
Pros
Cons
Bad pay
Fun interesting job.
American Greetings Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 9, 2017
I really enjoyed my American Greeting job. It was activate, challenging, great stores to work in. I would work for this company again. The hardest part was filling all the card sections at Christmas. Lots of boxes to organize and lots of cards to display. I enjoyed helping people looking for particular cards.
Pros
My own boss
Nice and calm place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARFebruary 7, 2017
Nice and calm place to work, every employee and supervisor were very nice. Always kept me busy and plenty of hours. All areas were clean and neat.
Good college job
Order Filling Associate (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARFebruary 6, 2017
Good college job and gets you involved with the school and students. You get to pick your own schedule and help other students with studying and other related task.
Good work place.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 18, 2017
The company is good, just not enough hours or really my forte. Being able to work your own sacrilege is a great thing and there people are wonderful, especially management.
Pros
Make your own hours.
Cons
Not enough hours
I Love it There you will too
Machine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoy working at American Greeting. Good company no bad side if you do your job right......They give up Date on how the company is doing . And tell you what they are going to do to may things better you and the company . They plan ahead so you would have a job...
Pros
Great company
Cons
Do your job
Ok job
Part-time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 10, 2017
For people who are in school or retired. Not a career job no advancement at all. No travel expense, limited time to complete job tasks. There is no reimbursement for any expense ie pens, garbage bags, notebooks (for keeping track of schedule). Different sites for completing tasks and entering time worked.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No travel expense, no advancement
Amazing atmosphere with such nice people
Creative Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2017
Everyone I've encountered, work for, worked with, have just been so nice. It's been great! The environment is so warm and welcoming, I would hope everyone would get an opportunity to work in such a great environment as I do.
Store to Stores
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Merchandiser is different and new things come in daily. I enjoy work around people and help them to find what they look for also travel store to stores
Great company
Field Sales (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2017
I enjoy working for the company. They have good work life balance. What makes this company good is the upper management. They work hard to show appreciation to employees. Middle management shows a lot of favoritism.
Pros
Work life balance, Upper Mangement
Cons
Middle management play a lot of favoritism
Worst people I have ever worked for!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 4, 2017
Supervisor acts like a child and bad mouths other employees. Do not work for this company in this region! Supervisors demand a plan for certain hours and in the interview they said hours were flexible...which they are NOT! Also condescending attitude from supervisors if u don't say how high when they say jump. I had 3 stores and it was too .much so I asked to be at one store instead of all 3. Was told merchandisers don't get to pick and chose where they work. I was under the impression I already worked there. It's a mess and they treat employees horrible.
Pros
Cons
Non flexible hours like they claimed in the interview
Great environment work at
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2017
Great company to work for.
Organization is very stable and environment is one of the best I've worked for thus far.

Hardest part of the job is the constant chain delays

Most enjoyable part of job is the flexibility.
Great Company
Installation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 2, 2017
American Greetings is a very good company to work for. Benefits and profit sharing were excellent. Management was appreciative and responsive.
Pros
Benefits. Profit Sharing
Cons
Pay. Hours
very flexible schedule. Great to interact with people on a day to day basis.
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 31, 2016
I greatly enjoy my job with American Greetings. The schedule is very flexible. I love working with customers. The only downfall at the moment with my job is that I don't get enough hours in a week. The pay is sufficient but the allowed hours to work is not enough.
Pros
basically work alone with no one directing or standing over you.
Cons
No health care benefits at all. Not enough hours.
American Greetings is very stern but friendly company.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Afton, TNDecember 30, 2016
The company is like a well clean and oiled machine going at two hundred miles per minute. But you meet nice people from all over the world there. One bad part is that dearing or near different holidays it's quite exhausting. Only because let's say it's two weeks from Christmas and your making rapping paper for the holiday, but your working all day everyday with it. That just takes a little bit of the spirit out of you.
Pros
Nice people to work with and steadfast.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Productive and fun job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wheat Ridge, CODecember 28, 2016
Received a lot of productive training that helped me advance to team leader. Merchandise cards, gift wrapping, gift bags, party plates, utensils, candy and seasonal merchandise. Put up temporary displays and did resets for every holiday. Used plan o gram to merchandise all cards and temporary shippers. Also used Telzon to order merchandise.
Pros
Productive. Schedule was flexible
Cons
Holidays were overwhelming
flexible job, with great working conditions
Mechandiser (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 28, 2016
This is a fun job where you can meet the public and work with management for a fulfilling job. The hours are flexible and helping customers is very rewarding.
Pros
flexible
Cons
expectation from managers can change from store to store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Greetings. Our community is ready to answer.