American Greetings

American Greetings Employee Reviews

Fun and stress free work
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Harrisonburg VaJune 30, 2015
Pros: making your own work time
Cons: its not alot of hours
I have work weeks where I can choose when I go in to work.
I clean up the empty cards fill empty slots check stock room for boxes and easily put up cards and other products.
I enjoy the calmness of the job and enjoy working with the store employees and there customers.
The hardest part was learning how to use the scanner but it was really easy to learn just over weliming at first but in just two months I have learned my own way and its easy as can be.
Travel to store to store. Enjoy my job, Is different every week
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee), Meriden and MiddletownJune 24, 2015
Pros: make my own hours
Cons: part time, no benifits
Arrive at the store, check for new orders, proceed to put my new orders out. Straighten and fill in when needed. Pull tickets or reorders. Change over for each upcoming orders. Inventory when needed Keep my area clean and up dated.
Productive Work
Cherry Picker Operator (Former Employee), Osceola, ARJune 17, 2015
Pros: Employee
Working with the company of American Greetings was like an entry level job for me. Great co-workers, supervisors, and staff throughout this company. The typical day of work concluded with me being able to enjoy myself as well as the company I worked for.
Fun workplace that was always changing
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 15, 2015
Pros: Annual shopping spree at manager meeting
Cons: keeping cards in an orderly fashion
A typical day would begin by checking my email to find out what was expected of the day. Once at the location I would check for the boxes of product that needed to be stocked on the sales floor. I learned about stocking, inventory and patience with customers. Management was very helpful and had a hands-on attitude. My co-workers were quite friiendly and helped when asked. The hardest part of the job was moving the boxes to the floor as well as mainaining floor space for special displays. The most enjoyable part wa stocking the different greeting cards and other items.
A great oppourtunity
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJune 11, 2015
Pros: Good work hours
Cons: Growth potential
I enjoyed working with American Greeting as a Floor Supervisor. It gave me more experience with store operations and managing individuals. It is a good solid company to work for.
Great workplace
Order Filler (Former Employee), Danville, KYJune 7, 2015
Pros: good lunch, family oriented enviroment
Cons: sky high production. very easy to learn
Most days at work were great at American Greetings. It taught me all of my forklift skills and how to be a really safe and valuable member of society. Everyone I worked with including management were very friendly and most of the time understanding when you had bad nights. The Hardest thing to deal with was the production constantly raising, which is understandable. The turn over rate would be really low if it wasn't for high productivity. The bigger the turnover rate the less the company has to pay for vacation time or retirement. it was really enjoyable most of the time though.
Not the best to be
Forklift Driver/Office Clerk (Former Employee), Osceola, ARMay 30, 2015
I worked there for 2 and a half years. A place full of children, I call it. I really hated this place, Only the money and benefits are good. Other than that its 3 stars. I would do whatever to stay away from there. They try to get you out, and if they not writing you up. The team leader is not doing his/her job.
This is a great p/t job
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Broomall, PAMay 29, 2015
Pros: fleibility
Cons: no benifits, lack of hours
There is a lot of cleaning to do.I guess that people don't remember where they did find a card after reading it, I'll give them the benefit of the dought. My supervisors are great, they are always helpful when I have an issue. The hardest part of my job is lifting heavy cases of paper in a small, hot hallway where my holiday inventory is kept.I truly like the flexibility of the hours, it works well with my other job.Unfortunately I don't get enough hours. It is one of the top three accounts in the USA, and is shopped very heavy, back to the top of this review.
best part
merchendicer (Current Employee), warsaw,indianaMay 26, 2015
Pros: hrs, people
Cons: managment rite now w AG they have been struggling w managing
the best part of this job is working with custormers and I really enjoy this kind of work. I have learned so much from planograms to stocking , I go into my stores I do my job and in between when I can help w customers I do , I really cant think of the hardest part of this job its a very easy going job . management here at AG has been rough lately for some reason they cant seem to keep anyone for that job I guess that has been the hardest part
Loved the experience
Key Holder (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 21, 2015
Working for American Greeting continued my education in customer service and introduced me to managerial duties. It was an excellent training experience for me.
Good job not much room for advancement
Territory Lead, Queens/Brooklyn (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 17, 2015
I enjoyed the overall work experience. The management was overall decent. I liked the work experience in general. The salary could have been much better there was not much room for advancement.
Productive and very busy work schedule.
Retail/Revision Merchandiser (Current Employee), Albany, GAMay 14, 2015
I thouroughly enjoy working for American Greetings. I am a revision merchandiser and have many accounts in the southern Georgia area. Specifically territory 1992
fast paced
order filler (Former Employee), Osceola, ARMay 12, 2015
Pros: not a lot of over time
Cons: only one breal
i packed specific orders into boxes in a timely and organized manner
bosses were all nice. it was mainly women so a lot of different strong personalities working together
hostile work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Osceola, ARMay 4, 2015
Pros: get paid weekly
Cons: one short break
short breaks. no time to rest. the managers do not take time out for their employees. the manager does not take up for their workers.
Nice co-workers
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Parker, COMay 3, 2015
I am still friends with several of my former co-workers and supervisors. The pace of work was a little slow and supervision was sometimes not available.
Its good to work with Tata Consultancy Services
Team Lead SAP BI Consultant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 29, 2015
American Greetings client is extremely good and it is totally a user friendly nature.its Fun place to work. Taken as a lead role for the CRM and BI system and managed the team and delivered the projectes in time.
Servicing cards, placing orders with telxons
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: No benefits
Serviced the greeting card department and placed orders for some of the stores. Also helped with some resets
How to place orders with telxon
Worked with store associates and managers to put up some displays and educate them on promotions
Trying to get the work done in the time allowed
Working with cards
Creative Specialist
Creative Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 22, 2015
Pros: Seeing the creative side of the company
Cons: The lay off of 340 people one was me.
Great job got to see the way things go on and getting to see almost all the cards was fantastic. Their was a lot to do and people to do it but it did not work out that way,
Productive palce to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: Work around your hours
Cons: Soetimes the number of hours you work in a week
Stock cards and change themes over the year. Management are great people to work with. They are willing to help whenever they need to.
Like every other factory some things good, some bad.
Sorter Specialist (Former Employee), Danville, KYApril 16, 2015
American Greetings is a good place to work but the work was based on a standard and it kept getting harder every day the mgmt. did not want you to stop working for any reason even if it was a technical issue. The company is basically like any other factory you have your good points and your bad.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Greetings

American Greetings has been building its sturdy house of cards for more than a century. The #2 US maker of greeting cards (behind – Read more

American Greetings Salaries

$9.50 per hour
Merchandiser
$18,500 per year

American Greetings Photos

American Greetings makes everyday connections a little more meaningful.
ARLENE CASALE