American Greetings

American Greetings Employee Reviews

Loved the experience
Key Holder (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 21, 2015
Working for American Greeting continued my education in customer service and introduced me to managerial duties. It was an excellent training experience for me.
Good job not much room for advancement
Territory Lead, Queens/Brooklyn (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 17, 2015
I enjoyed the overall work experience. The management was overall decent. I liked the work experience in general. The salary could have been much better there was not much room for advancement.
Productive and very busy work schedule.
Retail/Revision Merchandiser (Current Employee), Albany, GAMay 14, 2015
I thouroughly enjoy working for American Greetings. I am a revision merchandiser and have many accounts in the southern Georgia area. Specifically territory 1992
fast paced
order filler (Former Employee), Osceola, ARMay 12, 2015
Pros: not a lot of over time
Cons: only one breal
i packed specific orders into boxes in a timely and organized manner
bosses were all nice. it was mainly women so a lot of different strong personalities working together
hostile work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Osceola, ARMay 4, 2015
Pros: get paid weekly
Cons: one short break
short breaks. no time to rest. the managers do not take time out for their employees. the manager does not take up for their workers.
Nice co-workers
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Parker, COMay 3, 2015
I am still friends with several of my former co-workers and supervisors. The pace of work was a little slow and supervision was sometimes not available.
Its good to work with Tata Consultancy Services
Team Lead SAP BI Consultant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 29, 2015
American Greetings client is extremely good and it is totally a user friendly nature.its Fun place to work. Taken as a lead role for the CRM and BI system and managed the team and delivered the projectes in time.
Servicing cards, placing orders with telxons
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: No benefits
Serviced the greeting card department and placed orders for some of the stores. Also helped with some resets
How to place orders with telxon
Worked with store associates and managers to put up some displays and educate them on promotions
Trying to get the work done in the time allowed
Working with cards
Creative Specialist
Creative Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 22, 2015
Pros: Seeing the creative side of the company
Cons: The lay off of 340 people one was me.
Great job got to see the way things go on and getting to see almost all the cards was fantastic. Their was a lot to do and people to do it but it did not work out that way,
Productive palce to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: Work around your hours
Cons: Soetimes the number of hours you work in a week
Stock cards and change themes over the year. Management are great people to work with. They are willing to help whenever they need to.
Like every other factory some things good, some bad.
Sorter Specialist (Former Employee), Danville, KYApril 16, 2015
American Greetings is a good place to work but the work was based on a standard and it kept getting harder every day the mgmt. did not want you to stop working for any reason even if it was a technical issue. The company is basically like any other factory you have your good points and your bad.
Terrible place to work!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Lawton OkApril 1, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Low pay. No hours. And bad management.
Very low pay. And they do not give you enough time to complete activities. Supervisor's do not spend enough time in the field. Therefore have no idea what really goes on.
Management need to work in the field
Territory Lead (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: Not enough time to get the job done.
American Greetings has follows a system that assigns a certain amount of hours to work a store each week. It does not take into account, how many boxes are received, how bad the department has been shopped, walking back to the warehouse to get the shipments and bringing them back to the department to work them up. The merchandisers also need to follow the "Best Practices" while working. The expectations with the amount of hours and getting the orders up do not work. Each time the merchandiser is audited/worked with they are scrutinized on this. No matter what their excuse is they never are going to be 100% rating. To get everything done the merchandiser usually does not report the actual HOURS WORKED. (Reporting on the MERCHANDISER position)
I love my job at American Greetings
Part-Time Merchandiser (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay
I have been a merchandiser since 2010 starting with Nabisco and then for various other merchandising companies. I love this field as work and honestly American Greetings has been my favorite and best merchandising job out of it all.

Typical work day: I check my orders on the company based employee only website, I plan out the days I can go to the store so I can bring my orders out to the sales floor (cards of course, gift wrap, stickers, bags, season products, etc...). I have to track my own time of when I come in and out of my stores and input them in the system later. I work independently. I have 4 stores in my route that I have to service.

What I learned: I learned how American Greetings operate as a company. I am very much involved with inventory with my Motorola hand-held. I order card products for certain stores and keep track of products no longer in use.

Management: I am fortunate to have a great manager. He is our territory supervisor and is very helpful and nice. It is easy to communicate with him and he makes sure we are properly trained in our work.

Your co-workers: Since we mostly work independently alone, we don't really see our co-workers. Our co-workers are usually the workers in the store that see us on a regular basis. On special occasion when I do work with AG co-workers (like for a re-model or re-merchandise of a store) they are all nice.

The hardest part about the job: Was learning the terminology and how to do work a little differently for each of the stores. I service a grocery chain, a dollar store, and a big pack store. So, each chain does things differently.

The most enjoyable part about the job: It is part time, flexible. I get to chose when I can work as long as I make my weekly visits to the stores I am assigned to. I get to work around my shipment orders and be a college student at the same time.
Great internship
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 12, 2015
Assisted in DVD replication, distribution, and script digitization. Coordinated intern orientations and New York, Los Angeles offices. 
Good company to work for, get to set your own hours.
Part-time Merchandiser (Current Employee), Gonzales, LAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: i get to set my own hours.
Cons: do not get enough hours.
Very good company to work for, terrific management.
I work in 5 different stores ordering and putting out greeting cards.
Fun place to work, pleasant environment most of the time.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: worked my own hours.
Cons: change of supervisors often.
I was very happy working at American Greeting. I worked independently. I liked all the store managers that I worked with. The only downfall of this job was that supervisors changed frequently and they all had different ideas on what the responsibilities and job description. A typical day was going into local stores and restocking their greeting card dept. It also involved doing my own payroll and ordering stock. It also involved dealing with the public, so you needed to have good communication skills.
A good place to work
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Fast-paced environment juggling multiple projects at a time. Projects and creative work are typically fun. Benefits and pay are great.
Outgoing staff
3rd Key Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hanover, MDFebruary 24, 2015
opening and closing store for business day, cashier and customer service, returns and exchanges, shipment, transfers, enjoyable staff to work with
Interned for one summer, was very impressed!
Internship (Former Employee), OhioFebruary 22, 2015
Although my summer internship was short, I very much enjoyed my time at American Greetings. The culture is lively, fun, and upbeat.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Greetings

American Greetings has been building its sturdy house of cards for more than a century. The #2 US maker of greeting cards (behind – Read more

American Greetings Salaries