American Greetings Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
No review
Senior Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNSeptember 18, 2017
I have no comments about my work day or week at American Greetings. No comment on my employer information to share at this time. No comment on work place culture.
n/a
TERRITORY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 17, 2017
Good company with a great culture. You must have the ability to work independently. Most jobs with the company require the ability to be left alone to do the work.
Fast paced
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARSeptember 16, 2017
Working here is alright except for when you have to do more than what you're supposed to do. Management need more leadership skills. The hardest part about this job is the heat. It's hot during the winter. Besides all that, I met some amazing people during my time at AG.
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, Poor Management
Wonderful and
Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 15, 2017
American Greetings was a very quiet and wonderful greeting card store that sold small little knick-knacks and glass figurines loved working there. It had its crazy times and it had its very quiet times.
Pros
Cons
No paid time off
A good job with not a lot of stress
Training & Revision Specialist (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 14, 2017
working with store employees to make sure American Greetings product is where it should be is probably the most stressful thing about working for the company. If you are an organized person than this is an enjoyable job to have.
Fun job
Area Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 14, 2017
Hours just weren't enough. It was a very simple and enjoyable company to work for. The hours were great I was able to do the work on my own terms and hours.. It just didn't pay enough.
great
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARSeptember 14, 2017
i absolutely loved working at American Greetings. It was very fast paced, but you got into the groove and it kept you occupied. Your work hours went by fast because you were constantly in motion.
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 13, 2017
It's a job. A typical day involve spending more time in the car traveling to sites than actually working at sites. There is no culture to speak of at American Greetings.
Good company for a stable job, not for learning
Demand and Forecast Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2017
AG was a comfortable place to work but was largely not progressive in their category management or marketing strategy. The interesting part of the business happens in Media & Creative.

Management in my department was very unprofessional. They berated me and often turned the other way when employees were rude to each other. I tried to move out of the department and the opportunities were not right for me because they have many parts of the organization in silos.
Pros
Ceo, work life balance
Cons
Training, mid level management, slow to change
american greetings
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 11, 2017
great as a part time gig, or extra spending cash, not to support a family. i loved that it was flexible with my schedule, but it is not a job i would recommend to people who would like a career.
Enjoyed my time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALSeptember 10, 2017
I truly enjoyed working for American Greetings. It was great experience for me and I hated to leave the company. Jules was a wonderful trainer and she was easy to work with.
great job to work at
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARSeptember 9, 2017
AG is one of the best jobs in or around osceola area. If it was not for my car and family problems i would love to go and back there. You work by yourself and you only depend on yourself.
Pros
have time to do things you need, great work enivorment, some nice people
Cons
Some people not doing their job
American Greetings
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 8, 2017
it was a good job. You dont get many hours but i wanted part time work anyway. I have nothing bad to say about this job. I would travel a lot but that was ok. I liked traveling
Nice secondary part-time job (Merchandiser)
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2017
If you need a second job American Greetings is a wonderful company to work for. You practically make your own hours so you can easily work around your current schedule. The work is easy and management is great but you have to deal with managers of the different stores you'll be working in.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Part-time jobs pay part-time wages.
Don't waste your time
RM (Former Employee) –  NYSeptember 6, 2017
Don't waste your time or the wear & tear on your vehicle for this company. There's no opportunity for advancement and low pay. You'll have locations in a large territory with very minimal hours and the TS's hired that I experienced said there's no future in the greeting card industry. To me, with the caddyiness I experienced during revisions was negative on many levels. When the main manager was there people acted one way, and as soon as they were gone was a different story.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, no advancement
Productive and balanced place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARSeptember 6, 2017
Always have a variety of responsibilities. Relaxed but also fast paced. Always room for advancement. Difficult people to work with at times. Not a difficult job
productive ton place to work
Machine Operator Specialist (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARSeptember 5, 2017
a typical day at work included setting up machines to run production.
generally worked at my own pace as long as I met production.
very relaxed atmosphere
Flexible for family
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDSeptember 4, 2017
It was a great company to work for with flexibility and a great supervisor. I recommend it to people that need a flexible position. Great for parents and students.
Pros
flexible
Cons
holidays
Great privacy and work on your own time.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSAugust 31, 2017
It was most amazing at this job being able to work on your own time and being alone without anyone bossing you around or making your job hard to do. You could go on lunch break and take as long as you would like. You had deadlines to meet for putting up category's but they were very easy to meet. It was a little hard to understand where to set everything up sometimes and hard to find where locations were for a lot of supplies.
Pros
great lunch hour, wonderful privacy, flexible work time
Cons
hard to find locations of certain items.
You can feel at home with A.G.
Machine Specialist / Set Up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARAugust 30, 2017
Fast paced environment where the culture can get very competitive when comes to production. Management can be very stern but only to ensure the job gets done. I enjoyed everything about this job and if I could return I would.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Greetings. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval