American Greetings Employer Reviews

Flexible, project-centered work.
Part Time Merchandiser (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIOctober 15, 2014
This is the right mix of independence and support for a project-oriented individual who needs a flexible schedule and enjoys merchandising.
Fun place to work but not many opportunities to advance
Production Artist (Former Employee), Cleveand, OHOctober 15, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: not very many opportunities to advance
Fun place to work if you enjoy drawing cute pictures. Creating cards indefinitely does not sound like a good time.
Fast-paced.clean
Collator/packer (Former Employee), Afton, TNOctober 12, 2014
I loved working there. It was seasonal work and I got laid off after 6 months of working every year.
Independent work environment
merchandising (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: independent work environment
Going in and cleaning and organizing cards and restocking or setting up sesonal displays
Great Place to Work and Grow
Creative Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 26, 2014
I have worked for AG for 10 years it gave me the opportunity to work and grow in a creative atmosphere.
greeting cards
part time (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 20, 2014
I get to make changes order and meet different people. American Greetings is a great company to work for. I get to work my own hours and times
Think Again...
part time merchandiser (Former Employee), kalamazoo, miSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: flexible sechedule
Cons: low hours, not good pay, no perks.
American Greetings in my opinion is the biggest waist company I know! They don't recycle and throw away new product that hasn't even been put out. Tons of cards, gift bags, stationary, wrapping paper, you name it, if it's been discontinued its in the garbage. BIG WAIST!!
They don't give good raises, ten cents more an hour after the the first 15 months.
They – more... don't pay overtime,(unless you are a manager, and it takes at least 10-15 years to get there )it's never even more then 8-12 hours a week, MAYBE! And if you are over the small amount of hours they give you each week, then it's a knock against you. Sometimes it's only 3 hours a week. That does not even pay for gas after taxes!!
The scanners they use are from 1960's and barely work!! Makes it difficult to do your job.
They say one thing and then do another. NO real perks, like free cards, and the inventory that is all being dumped( that is new and unopened) you are not allowed to take, or give to a homeless shelter or a retirement home.
Even the employees that have been there over 20+ years that are dedicated and supportive are not supported with enough hours, pay for a cell phone, or pay millage.
If your just looking for a job to use up the spare time, then it's a easy job to learn. – less
Fun environment
Order Filler (Former Employee), Danville, KYSeptember 16, 2014
Nice environment to work in. Always had stuff to do and kept you busy just how i like it.
Excellent Company to Work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bradshaw, WVSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: excellent co-workers and management
Cons: not many hours if you are looking for a lot of hours this is not the job for you
Hours are really part time but, the manager and co-workers who train are excellent. Kristen was there for any questions I had and is excellent to work with.
Good place to start out of college
Seasonal Marketing Analyst, Walmart Merchant Team (Current Employee), Brooklyn, OHSeptember 11, 2014
No day is the same, depending on your job role. Management could be better, company encourages lateral movements rather than promotions (hard to do without seniority) - some roles have a quicker glass sealing than others. Mostly women work there, unintentionally, which makes the environment different.
Horrible Company
former employee (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 4, 2014
This company does not value their employees. There is only disrespect for the people who work hard to line the Weiss families pockets as well as senior management. They discard people like garbage.
Getting orders
Order filler, Packer, Sorter (Former Employee), Danville, KYAugust 31, 2014
Getting orders and filling them in boxes to be shipped out. sorter, sort card to be packed for shipping. Pack station packing orders and shipping them out
excellent work family and values!!
PTM (Part Time Merchandiser) (Former Employee), Murphy, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: made my own schedule, recieved a nice raise
Cons: not enough hours :(
I absolutely had a wonderful experience with AG. We were all a team and everybody had each other's backs at all times and supported each other 24/7 . I simply could not have had a better experience. The only downside was there was never enough hours to help make ends meet.
However I wish I had given a 2 weeks notice so that I could be rehired as a side – more... job in the future! But that was my boo boo, not theirs.
Wonderful company and I still buy their products today! – less
Fun work, low pay
Part Time Merchandiser (Current Employee), miAugust 17, 2014
Pros: work when you can, leave when complete. no waiting for a certain time to leave
Cons: extremely low pay
I enjoy my job. The pay is low, but the job is fun to do.
A typical day,
Go in to account (store) and greet store personnel,
get product from back room
place product where it goes, replace envelopes, and straighten product.
Clean up
Leave.
Great company culture
Analyst (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioJuly 30, 2014
Company has a great atmosphere and culture, very welcoming, friendly, and laid back for the most part.
Employee Services Analyst (Former Employee), Brooklyn, OHJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: management
Overall company is good and a fun culture. Pay is average and the hours are great. Nice work/life balance.
Cashier (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJuly 28, 2014
It was a first job for a 16 year old kid, I learned how to operate a register and stock properly.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Crawfordville, floridaJuly 26, 2014
Pros: decided your own hours
Cons: not enough pay
This is a very good company, I love working for them . The only thing is that the pay is very low in rural area's. In the big cities you have more stores therefore more hours and pay.
The company is good to it's employees really like working for them.
great
Part Time Merchandiser (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 20, 2014
Pros: flexible schedual
Cons: no benifis for ptm
the job is great foe someone woo is just starting out great coworkers
there are not task that you cant handle
Demanding and detailed.
Die Clerk (Former Employee), Osceola, ARJuly 14, 2014
Pros: set hours and available overtime. breaks.
Cons: if coworker was working at a slow pace, you would have to wait to sometime use those dies or machines.
Dies had to be correct with not one mistake or it could foul up a whole shipment of greeting cards. Learned to be meticulous when inspecting dies either being sent to the floor or being returned after a job had been run. Management only showed up when an error had either been made or perceived. Co-workers were cliques. Hardest-details. Most enjoyable – more... was seeing the sample cards after they'd been run. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About American Greetings

American Greetings has been building its sturdy house of cards for more than a century. The #2 US maker of greeting cards (behind – Read more

American Greetings Photos