American Greetings Employee Reviews in United States

Shaky Management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJune 25, 2016
I didn't have to have my income because my husband worked thank goodness. They would keep decreasing our hours but except the same results for their merchandising. I enjoyed the ability to make my own hours though.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
no immediate contacts in the area
Excellent Compensation and Benefits
Regional Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARJune 21, 2016
Compensation is above average for the area. I was given many opportunities to expand my experience and knowledge by working in different areas of the company.
Highly Collaborative Environment
Assistant Product Manager, Seasonal Gift Packaging (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 14, 2016
Fast paced and collaborative environment with a creative focus. Product lines appeals to all people that seek an emotional connection.
Temporary Job
Nesco Resource (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJune 11, 2016
When I first got out of high school I worked for Nesco Resource and work her for the summer. I made good hours and money and I didn't want to leave. I made a lot of friends here and loved how we worked as a teams and get things done on time. We did packaging and stood for hours, but it didn't matter to me because I enjoyed it a lot.
Pros
good friends, money, hours, team work
Cons
temporary job
Good for a little extra cash
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 8, 2016
A good job if you work well on your own. Able to set your schedule based on the number of hours you are given each week. This job is ok for anyone who just wants to have something to do but there are no benefits or perks. Must be prepared to work holidays and weekends.
Great company and employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 6, 2016
Great people. Job can seem overwhelming at first, but once you get your own pace and system it becomes very easy. The most enjoyable part was that I was able to work on my own time at my own pace with little interference from management unless I requested it, or it was a new task that I needed assistance with. I was able to work independently and freely.
Mission is Foggy
Consultant Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHJune 5, 2016
I was hired in March 2016 when the corporate direction was to hurry and complete the SAP conversion ASAP. In May, the management seemed shocked that hiring numerous contractors cost money and many had do go to save cash. Wish the company had some kind of intelligent overall plan. That would have left some room for the welfare of their contractors. I just feel used for no good purpose.
Pros
people at Emerald Resources treated me well.
Cons
planning done poorly.
overall American greetings employees are happy with the jobs and the pay and benefits
Order filling/ Pick to lite/Low Volume (Current Employee) –  danville kyJune 4, 2016
American greetings hires a lot of family members of pre-existing employees. I was glad they recognize the need to have 12 weeks to train in each department because it is necessary to reach the required production numbers...Good pay and benefits
The job is easy, but with that comes horrible management.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJune 1, 2016
Management is horrible, if you don't stand up for yourself they will bully you. They will lie to stick together even from the top. They have their favorites and let them do as they please. So just find another job cause other companies are paying more with longer breaks.
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Short breaks
Loved the hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 1, 2016
I was able to plan my work days around my children which was very helpful. I worked alone but could get help if needed. The job wasn't very demanding.
Friendly work invironment
Installation Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 25, 2016
Drive to the store in a car pull. Talk with the rest of the crew throughout the day even while working. Always had a good time.
Wonderful Coworkers
Process Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMay 23, 2016
American Greetings truly feels like a family atmosphere. Everyone is so nice and eager to help a new employee, from the production line operators, to upper management.
Pros
Great people, good job security
Working for American Greetings
Part-Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2016
The job and what it entailed in itself was actually fun. Typically you would travel to different stores to assemble what was needed for the greeting cards department. You would receive your number of hours weekly based on the route you were given. You could always refer to materials given to make sure you were completing the projects correctly. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with bosses. The most enjoyable part was creating the best presentation possible.
Pros
$12.50 hourly was awesome
Cons
Management was horrible.
great part time job for mom's
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 20, 2016
This job has helped me a great deal, being able to work around my children's schedule. I service card and gift wrap departments for mjor chains and enjoy my job. The most fun is helping the older ladies find the cards they need.
Pros
schedule around family
Cons
Bad Management and Trainers..
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Highland, IndianaMay 15, 2016
heavy boxes. Your on an unreasonable time restraint. Its JUST CARDS, Management and the people who have the title of "Trainer" make this job very stressful. You need a computer...every day you need to look at what activities and duties that may have or NOT changed. Boss did not allow more that 15min of computer work,,,a WEEK.
Some would spend hours at the computer for this job and you don't get reimbursed. Hardest part was the unexperienced management in the Highland - Schererville area.
Pros
You work alone...
Cons
bad management. your always having to rush and go fast. unreasonable time restaint.
American Greetings
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCMay 12, 2016
The company is good company to work for if you like working for yourself. Very little supervision, though not a lot of hours available
Minimum wage employer.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 6, 2016
This employer provided a much needed bridge to the employment with SWA. Time with the company was ok, but, then, they shut down the operations that I was working on.
Great Company to work for - flexible
Part Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 26, 2016
Enjoy the work. Put out new shipments of cards/wrapping paper etc.in assigned pockets. Straighten cards in each section and make sure they have adequate envelopes. Remove cards/merchandise that doesn't belong. Put cards removed back in stock utilizing Texlon.

Issue credits for damaged or seasonal merhandise. Keep back room stock clean & neat..
Pros
Good working conditions.
Cons
Time limitations to get work finished.
I like working for American Greetings
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NMApril 14, 2016
I really like working for the company because of it was easy and working with new people was perfect I also like to see the new cards and the pay was perfect
Creative work place with great product and people.
Associate Merchant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 10, 2016
Very successful in various roles in the company over the years. Industry is becoming more challenging and options for advancement are becoming lean. My most recent position allowed me to see my actions and decisions become reality at retail. Working with many cross functional teams and people allowed me to personally develop in many areas.