American Greetings

American Greetings Employer Reviews

I had fun working for American Greetings
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Enterprise, AlabamaJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: fun job, nice people.
Cons: pay
Stocking greeting cards, bows, gift bags and a lot more.
taking inventories, keeping backroom clean.
I had nice co-workers. The job was fun.
Its a great opportunity
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2015
a very independent job
a great first job
very busy
and I enjoy it
You are able to advance with this company.
Order Copy Coordinator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 4, 2015
My last position was making the order copies for the sales force to use when ordering their inventory for the card shops.
Excellent place to work
Accounts payable (Former Employee), Brooklyn, OHJanuary 3, 2015
Typical day was paying the stores bills and making sure rent was paid. Co-workers picked up and always willing to learn what each other was doing. I had also picked up various projects to be done when they came aroud.
Great job for those with OCD!!
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: flexibility with weekly hours!!
Cons: antique scanner. web site not chrome-compatible
Love this visually appealing job. I love to take 'nothing' and make it look great! Web site and scanners should be upgrading though. Others in Company very nice to work with. I love the flexibility for planning my weekly hours around MY schedule!!
Not enough hours...
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Davenport, IAJanuary 2, 2015
This job was okay but not enough hours given for the week. Manager did not communicate very well to the employees.
Enjoy working as a contractor
Part time merchandiser (Current Employee), Maple Hts OhioJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: working around my schedule
Cons: need more hours
Going to assigned stores, cleaning up & organizing, my co-workers are wonderful people to work with, hardest part of the job: not enough hours, most enjoyable part of the job: being able to work the hours that fit my schedule.
Love this job
part-time merchandiser (Current Employee), seattle areaDecember 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no health benefits
Flexible work schedule, nice people and good pay. Very rewarding to see sales increase and people happy that they can find just the right card.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 25, 2014
Pros: more independence in this job
Cons: no cons
The job entails a lot of detail and creativity in the greeting card industry. Under the supervision of the assistant managers, and managers, I was able to build displays and greetings card departments. It was a nice presentation during every holiday and having been part of setting that up.
OK place to work if you find the right manager / division
Sustainability Advocate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 17, 2014
OK place to work if you find the right manager / division. Like any old companies (they are over 100 years old), there is a lot of bureaucracy. A lot of decisions by committee and not a lot of risk taking. Good compensation and OK benefits.
Good Company
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 15, 2014
Pros: get to make your own schedule
Cons: too much travel
Lots of travel but if you are ok with that. The company does have different divisions you can move your career into.
Very fun and great place to work.
Checker / Back-Up Supervisor / Production (Former Employee), Osceola, ARDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great pay and nice people to work with.
Cons: the long drive to get to work.
Assisted supervisor in training employees. Set up lines for production, performed time tallies, entered jobs in computer system and ordered stock to keep line running efficiently.
Exciting Opportunity
Store Manager (Former Employee), San Rafael, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: leading a fabulous store for a fabulous company!
Cons: distance to travel to work.
This was an exciting opportunity for me, I was new to retail management and corporate gave me the start that I needed. Retail management is rewarding and hard work, I learned so much about leadership and how to use that in all areas in my life. Being accountable and responsible for the stores inventory, gain/loss, payroll, and most importantly, to me, was customer service. American Greetings was a great company to work for.
ok in a way
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: everything in between
This job is perfect if you need you hours to fit your schedule. But the hours are horrendous. you get from 0 to 10 hours a week. Also the packing in the boxes received is out of order most of the time and you have to dig to find what you need to put on the floor. their pl-anagrams are also confusing.
Productive Place to work at
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee), Boardman, OHNovember 23, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers and lunch breaks
Cons: no health benefits, not enough hours and low pay
Opening up store, going to bank for store deposit, filing out sheet for store sales, run register, answering phone, putting out stock, setting up merchandise according to plan a gram, dusting, sweeping, greeting customers as they enter the store,
Tasks impossible to complete within scheduled hours
merchandiser (Former Employee), NCNovember 23, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: extremely low pay
They expected a large dept. to be serviced in a couple hours a week. The pay is extremely low and I always ended up worked twice the hours allowed for free. The supervisor rarely had any nice things to say. Tons of paper waste. No compensation for travel/gas.
Build relationships, flexible
Merchandiser (Current Employee), IndianaNovember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: benefits
flexible, follow planogram, work mostly independetly, hours vary weekly
Helpful in devlopment for my career
Area Supervisor/District Lead (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: no room for promotion without relocation
I have learned to run a territory as if it is my own company from start to finish. I worked at our headquarters in Cleveland, I got to see how cards are designed, produced at the plant, ordered by our internan teams, packaged, shipped and then executed at the field level. At retail I have recruited, hired, trained, fired a staff of up to 50+ part time employees.
Good
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXNovember 10, 2014
Pros: making people smile
Cons: few hours so pay could be a little more
I enjoy what I do for this company because I get to work in the greeting card, card and party industry. It make me happy because I know that I am making other people smile and helping them celebrate milestones in their lives. I put out card and party product . The only draw back is the hours are not much and due to that factor I feel that the pay should be a little more. Other than that I love my job with this company
Wonderful work experience
Installation Coordinator (Former Employee), Birginham, AlabamaNovember 3, 2014
My experience as an Installation Coordinator with American Greetings was one the best employment experiences I have ever had & I have very little job history. I wish I could continue the job but the contract has expired and time to move on to a new beginning and more wonderful experiences.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Greetings

American Greetings has been building its sturdy house of cards for more than a century. The #2 US maker of greeting cards (behind – Read more

American Greetings Photos