American Greetings Employee Reviews

A great place to work to get on your feet and continue to do better.
Machine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Osceola, AROctober 16, 2017
A typical day at work was working on a machine. The management team was awesome and the co workers. The hardest part of the job was that you only receive a 20 minute break for the whole day. The most enjoyable part was the pay and the relationship with co workers, everybody was like family.
Fast paced / Great people to work with
Production Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Afton, TNOctober 15, 2017
Fast paced but, was made enjoyable by the people I got to work with on the production lines we all pitched in and helped each other with our machines we were running.
Pros
People / Pay
Cons
Lay-Offs every 6-8 months
Good place to work if you need flexibility
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2017
American General is good for an individual that is looking for an additional income. The higher management and company doesn't really stand behind their merchandiser which causes much stress during seasonal setups. If you have a problem with your route, it is very difficult to speak to the corporate office because they out source to a call center. It can be very stressful when you have to set-up 3 and 4 stores in the same week.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
multiple store set ups in the same week
Good benefits
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 8, 2017
A good company to work for if you need benefits, including dental and vision. I loved my job responsibilities but they were stressful. I would like to see management more tuned in to the day to day responsibilities of the work teams, for a better work-life balance.
Good paying job!!! Good work culture and benefits. The supervisors are good people
Machine Specialist (Current Employee) –  Osceola, AROctober 7, 2017
I love working at American Greetings. The pay and benefits are good. Good work environment. I don’t want to leave but I no longer live in Osceola anymore. Eventually I’ll be finding me something closer to home
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short lunch break
not impressed
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Afton, TNOctober 6, 2017
slow paced job they definetly need to manage there workers better and keep production going without issues wouldn't recommened anyone going there it is a complete waste of time
No hours and low pay
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 4, 2017
The job might be ok for a retired person who doesn't need money to live on. Hours vary from 0-10 a week,except around holidays. If you have a Walmart, you get more hours, but is hard work.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No hours, low pay
A lot of physical activity
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYOctober 4, 2017
Benefits pay minimal. Hard to excel within the company. A lot of physical activity. Pay is good for the work required in some departments. Rotation of jobs would minimize constant strain
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Osceola, AROctober 4, 2017
American Greetings is a nice work place to work. I've worked at American Greetings for three years. However I'll rather work and help around the community.
Poor place to work
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 4, 2017
If you don't value stability, job security and great managers, it's a fantastic place to work. Jobs get phased out and when it happens they seem to target the folks who need jobs the most, cancer patients, new parents, etc.
very physical work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Loganville, GAOctober 2, 2017
I was happy at first and now my summer hours when from 40 a week then down to 15-20 june, july, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov. pay sucks.

During Christmas, Valentine, Mothers Day and Fathers Day you have great hours., But still no benefits at all, NOTHING

I just can't live off of this anymore. Very disappointed. YOu have to work all holidays. :(.
Pros
you set your time
Cons
management are not very professional and can be rud
enjoyable place to work; open environment; challenging card business give state of the business and retail environment struggling;
sales (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 29, 2017
enjoyable place to work
open environment
challenging business environment given state of the card industry and retail in general
not prepared yet for ecommerce
Pros
new office environment good for moral
Cons
systems outdated and not prepared for ecomm
Merchandising
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 21, 2017
This was totally a second job kind of position or for someone retired. Limited hours available and you have to work after almost every holiday to pull out the cards.
Pros
Somewhat flexible hours
Cons
Too few hours
On-Call only
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORSeptember 21, 2017
I've had an awful experience. Hired on the spot and felt a perfect fit, it's been 6 weeks today and not one training day. Management is a total mess, with no direction or communication skills and it is completely chaotic. Calls at 9pm with assignments 40 mins away by 8am. They refuse to give any type of schedule, even though they say they will. No direction, gossipy and absolutely rude to customers who think they are with the grocery store. Such a bad experience with a company my family and I have been shopping with since I was a child. I was so excited. What a let down.
Cons
chaotic, not managed
No review
Senior Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNSeptember 18, 2017
I have no comments about my work day or week at American Greetings. No comment on my employer information to share at this time. No comment on work place culture.
n/a
TERRITORY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 17, 2017
Good company with a great culture. You must have the ability to work independently. Most jobs with the company require the ability to be left alone to do the work.
Fast paced
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARSeptember 16, 2017
Working here is alright except for when you have to do more than what you're supposed to do. Management need more leadership skills. The hardest part about this job is the heat. It's hot during the winter. Besides all that, I met some amazing people during my time at AG.
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, Poor Management
Wonderful and
Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 15, 2017
American Greetings was a very quiet and wonderful greeting card store that sold small little knick-knacks and glass figurines loved working there. It had its crazy times and it had its very quiet times.
Pros
Cons
No paid time off
A good job with not a lot of stress
Training & Revision Specialist (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 14, 2017
working with store employees to make sure American Greetings product is where it should be is probably the most stressful thing about working for the company. If you are an organized person than this is an enjoyable job to have.
Fun job
Area Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 14, 2017
Hours just weren't enough. It was a very simple and enjoyable company to work for. The hours were great I was able to do the work on my own terms and hours.. It just didn't pay enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Greetings. Our community is ready to answer.