American Greetings

American Greetings Employee Reviews

Great Pay
Carton Sealer Operator (Former Employee), Blytheville, ARJuly 29, 2015
Cons: Substandard insurance, 20 minute lunch break
The company offer great pay, some jobs are harder than others. Management is not well informed. Coworkers are playful. Standing on the concrete without a break.
Good work till went out of business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHJuly 26, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: store closed
Customer service. the people I worked with were very friendly. I opened, closed the store. did receiving, payroll, and set up displays.
Very flexible, great team
PTM (Current Employee), Covington. VaJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule!!!
Cons: I cant think of any.
I have worked as a Merchandiser since May 2015. Took 2 years to finally get my territory. Love this job. Pay is ok for the area. Hours are slim but if your like me. Need xtra cash get out of the house type. Its PERFECT. like being your own boss. No one over your shoulder all day. I go to my stores do my job and leave. Love it!! Not sure about advancement but do know I could get at least 2 more stores in my area if they become available . Supervisor is great to work with. I see myself here a very long time!!!
GREAT HAPPY JOB
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Lutz, FLJuly 20, 2015
Pros: ALWAYS RELIABLE ORDERS AND ACTIVITIES WEEK ORDERS
Cons: NONE
PUT NEW STOCK OUT CLEAN AREAS UP AND MAINTAIN PRODUCT AND RESHOP GREAT BOSSES AND GREAT COMPUTERS AND SCANERS PROVIDED FELT SERCURE WITH COPMANY RULES LEARNED HOW TO REALLY ORGANIZE AND KEEP UP WITH DAILY PROJECTS AND HOW TO WORK AROUND CUSTOMERS
Awesome place to work
Core Merchandiser (Part-time) (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Flexibale
Cons: Standing on your feet
A typical day display, refill, and re-order merchandise in assigned retail stores and set up and maintain seasonal and special displays.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Baldwin ParkJuly 16, 2015
The hours are sometimes scarce, but it is a really interesting job. I am required to straighten and restock cards. When new inventory comes in, i am to replace and restock products, so that the department is tidy.
Fun and busy workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brea, CAJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible with schedules
Cons: Not much room for growth
Constant interaction with customers, daily sales goals, nice employees, and management was easy to communicate with.
Good company to be a part of, very flexible.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2015
American Greetings is a good company to be a part of. Your work schedule is very flexible. One downfall is no benefits are offered to part-time employees. Another downfall is it is very hard to move up to other positions.
it could be a fun job
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 7, 2015
You are scheduled your own set of stores and still have to help other locals with theirs. American Greetings is just cards, right? No there is a particular method to everything and its so annoying. The people that I worked with were all crazy. If you are lucky to have a good team it could be okay. You don't get paid enough for all you have to do and that sucks because it is a lot. Our head director never answers or returns messages because he is just ughhhh.
Fun and stress free work
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Harrisonburg VaJune 30, 2015
Pros: making your own work time
Cons: its not alot of hours
I have work weeks where I can choose when I go in to work.
I clean up the empty cards fill empty slots check stock room for boxes and easily put up cards and other products.
I enjoy the calmness of the job and enjoy working with the store employees and there customers.
The hardest part was learning how to use the scanner but it was really easy to learn just over weliming at first but in just two months I have learned my own way and its easy as can be.
Travel to store to store. Enjoy my job, Is different every week
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee), Meriden and MiddletownJune 24, 2015
Pros: make my own hours
Cons: part time, no benifits
Arrive at the store, check for new orders, proceed to put my new orders out. Straighten and fill in when needed. Pull tickets or reorders. Change over for each upcoming orders. Inventory when needed Keep my area clean and up dated.
Productive Work
Cherry Picker Operator (Former Employee), Osceola, ARJune 17, 2015
Pros: Employee
Working with the company of American Greetings was like an entry level job for me. Great co-workers, supervisors, and staff throughout this company. The typical day of work concluded with me being able to enjoy myself as well as the company I worked for.
Fun workplace that was always changing
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 15, 2015
Pros: Annual shopping spree at manager meeting
Cons: keeping cards in an orderly fashion
A typical day would begin by checking my email to find out what was expected of the day. Once at the location I would check for the boxes of product that needed to be stocked on the sales floor. I learned about stocking, inventory and patience with customers. Management was very helpful and had a hands-on attitude. My co-workers were quite friiendly and helped when asked. The hardest part of the job was moving the boxes to the floor as well as mainaining floor space for special displays. The most enjoyable part wa stocking the different greeting cards and other items.
A great oppourtunity
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJune 11, 2015
Pros: Good work hours
Cons: Growth potential
I enjoyed working with American Greeting as a Floor Supervisor. It gave me more experience with store operations and managing individuals. It is a good solid company to work for.
Great workplace
Order Filler (Former Employee), Danville, KYJune 7, 2015
Pros: good lunch, family oriented enviroment
Cons: sky high production. very easy to learn
Most days at work were great at American Greetings. It taught me all of my forklift skills and how to be a really safe and valuable member of society. Everyone I worked with including management were very friendly and most of the time understanding when you had bad nights. The Hardest thing to deal with was the production constantly raising, which is understandable. The turn over rate would be really low if it wasn't for high productivity. The bigger the turnover rate the less the company has to pay for vacation time or retirement. it was really enjoyable most of the time though.
Not the best to be
Forklift Driver/Office Clerk (Former Employee), Osceola, ARMay 30, 2015
I worked there for 2 and a half years. A place full of children, I call it. I really hated this place, Only the money and benefits are good. Other than that its 3 stars. I would do whatever to stay away from there. They try to get you out, and if they not writing you up. The team leader is not doing his/her job.
This is a great p/t job
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Broomall, PAMay 29, 2015
Pros: fleibility
Cons: no benifits, lack of hours
There is a lot of cleaning to do.I guess that people don't remember where they did find a card after reading it, I'll give them the benefit of the dought. My supervisors are great, they are always helpful when I have an issue. The hardest part of my job is lifting heavy cases of paper in a small, hot hallway where my holiday inventory is kept.I truly like the flexibility of the hours, it works well with my other job.Unfortunately I don't get enough hours. It is one of the top three accounts in the USA, and is shopped very heavy, back to the top of this review.
best part
merchendicer (Current Employee), warsaw,indianaMay 26, 2015
Pros: hrs, people
Cons: managment rite now w AG they have been struggling w managing
the best part of this job is working with custormers and I really enjoy this kind of work. I have learned so much from planograms to stocking , I go into my stores I do my job and in between when I can help w customers I do , I really cant think of the hardest part of this job its a very easy going job . management here at AG has been rough lately for some reason they cant seem to keep anyone for that job I guess that has been the hardest part
Loved the experience
Key Holder (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 21, 2015
Working for American Greeting continued my education in customer service and introduced me to managerial duties. It was an excellent training experience for me.
Good job not much room for advancement
Territory Lead, Queens/Brooklyn (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 17, 2015
I enjoyed the overall work experience. The management was overall decent. I liked the work experience in general. The salary could have been much better there was not much room for advancement.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Greetings

American Greetings has been building its sturdy house of cards for more than a century. The #2 US maker of greeting cards (behind – Read more

American Greetings Salaries

$8.92 per hour
Merchandiser
$20,000 per year

American Greetings Photos

American Greetings makes everyday connections a little more meaningful.
ARLENE CASALE