American Greetings Employee Reviews

I maintain the greeting card department in various store locations.
Part Time Merchandiser (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 24, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no insurance, not full time
Flexible hours are awesome and allow me to be involved in my children's extra curricular activities. I am able to work by myself with my manager visiting every so often. A typical day includes cleaning the card department (getting rid of trash and straightening cards). After cleaning, I put out everyday orders or change out endcaps for the next group of cards. There is also times when I take out old cards, scan them out and put out new cards. It is a very detail oriented job and I have to pay attention to each card. The hardest part of this job is picking up boxes of cards because the boxes are heavy. The most enjoyable part is the flexibility. To be able to come and go as you please is quite exciting. What I do not like is the fact that the job is not consistent. It is feast or famine in terms of how many hours I work. I do like the job, but I am looking for something that is more consistent.
Calm environment,self paced work
Revision Trainer Specialist (Current Employee), North Augusta, SCAugust 23, 2015
Ensuring merchandisers are trained properly and have the proper tools to set up displays. Travel to different locations to assist merchandisers and make sure all protocol is being followed.
Productive and fun workplace
Revision Helper (Current Employee), Billings, MTAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Hotel rooms are paid for by the company, paid travel time, and given per diem for meals.
Cons: No benefits--no healthcare, no dental, and no vision; no retirement 401(K)
The best part is getting to work with fun co-workers who make the time go by faster than it actually is. We take apart and put together new card fixtures, as well as stock card products, for stores all over Montana and Cody, Wyoming. Some of the fixtures can be pretty heavy, but that is why we have to be able to lift 50+ pounds when applying for American Greetings. We do have to travel a lot and stay in hotels, but that is kind of a plus. We are able to go to towns that we have never heard of before and experience new places, cultures, and people. It all comes down to the job being a lot of hard work, but with the right motivation and great teamwork we are able to accomplish what needs to be done in a timely manner.
Fun job!! All by yourself!
mercandiser (Former Employee), Philadelphia paAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Great people to work for and with!
Cons: no crons
A great part time job! For people who just want to get out of the house and make friends. Not for money! It's great you go into other stores. It's a lot of movement up and down. Caring boxes. You will meet a lot of people. You work by yourself.
Great company to work for
District Analyst/Automated Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 17, 2015
American Greetings was challenging but very rewarding. Learn a great deal while with the company. Hardest part of the job was leaving to take another job as they are moving the corporate headquarters.
Great
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Osceola, ARAugust 14, 2015
I Loved Working At American greetings! It Was A Great Job That Offered Plenty Over time If Neede And Also Had Company Convenience.
Company as a whole is a great place to work, Customer Service department has limited freedom
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 12, 2015
Cons: No down time
Typical day at work is 8 1/2 hrs. Two paid 15 minute breaks, 1 30 minute lunch. From 9pm to 5pm telephones are on, you are expected to be in your seat performing job duties.

Learned how to work with customers on a daily basis.

Management is accommodating, co-workers are great.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with difficulty and disgruntled customers day in and day out.

Most enjoyable part of the job is co-workers.
a day in the life
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARAugust 11, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: pay/benefits
The day in the life of a merchandiser is always unique. The journey from planogram and box to and actual display is never boring. I enjoy being part of this team!
very hot and humid
Order Filler (Former Employee), Osceola, ARAugust 9, 2015
it was an ok job it got the bills paid but the co workers wasn't that friendly it was an uncomfortable work environment and it didn't pay enough
It was ok
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee), newingtonAugust 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: pay
I t was a lot of work for the money. Customers really mess up the cards even when your right there. The manager expected you to treat the job as a full time job. I had a full time job and was just looking for extra money. Holidays are harder because you have to work around crowds of people. It was a never ending battle to keep the cards neat.
Great Pay
Carton Sealer Operator (Former Employee), Blytheville, ARJuly 29, 2015
Cons: Substandard insurance, 20 minute lunch break
The company offer great pay, some jobs are harder than others. Management is not well informed. Coworkers are playful. Standing on the concrete without a break.
Good work till went out of business
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHJuly 26, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: store closed
Customer service. the people I worked with were very friendly. I opened, closed the store. did receiving, payroll, and set up displays.
Very flexible, great team
PTM (Current Employee), Covington. VaJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule!!!
Cons: I cant think of any.
I have worked as a Merchandiser since May 2015. Took 2 years to finally get my territory. Love this job. Pay is ok for the area. Hours are slim but if your like me. Need xtra cash get out of the house type. Its PERFECT. like being your own boss. No one over your shoulder all day. I go to my stores do my job and leave. Love it!! Not sure about advancement but do know I could get at least 2 more stores in my area if they become available . Supervisor is great to work with. I see myself here a very long time!!!
GREAT HAPPY JOB
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Lutz, FLJuly 20, 2015
Pros: ALWAYS RELIABLE ORDERS AND ACTIVITIES WEEK ORDERS
Cons: NONE
PUT NEW STOCK OUT CLEAN AREAS UP AND MAINTAIN PRODUCT AND RESHOP GREAT BOSSES AND GREAT COMPUTERS AND SCANERS PROVIDED FELT SERCURE WITH COPMANY RULES LEARNED HOW TO REALLY ORGANIZE AND KEEP UP WITH DAILY PROJECTS AND HOW TO WORK AROUND CUSTOMERS
Awesome place to work
Core Merchandiser (Part-time) (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Flexibale
Cons: Standing on your feet
A typical day display, refill, and re-order merchandise in assigned retail stores and set up and maintain seasonal and special displays.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Baldwin ParkJuly 16, 2015
The hours are sometimes scarce, but it is a really interesting job. I am required to straighten and restock cards. When new inventory comes in, i am to replace and restock products, so that the department is tidy.
Fun and busy workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brea, CAJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Flexible with schedules
Cons: Not much room for growth
Constant interaction with customers, daily sales goals, nice employees, and management was easy to communicate with.
Good company to be a part of, very flexible.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2015
American Greetings is a good company to be a part of. Your work schedule is very flexible. One downfall is no benefits are offered to part-time employees. Another downfall is it is very hard to move up to other positions.
it could be a fun job
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 7, 2015
You are scheduled your own set of stores and still have to help other locals with theirs. American Greetings is just cards, right? No there is a particular method to everything and its so annoying. The people that I worked with were all crazy. If you are lucky to have a good team it could be okay. You don't get paid enough for all you have to do and that sucks because it is a lot. Our head director never answers or returns messages because he is just ughhhh.
Fun and stress free work
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Harrisonburg VaJune 30, 2015
Pros: making your own work time
Cons: its not alot of hours
I have work weeks where I can choose when I go in to work.
I clean up the empty cards fill empty slots check stock room for boxes and easily put up cards and other products.
I enjoy the calmness of the job and enjoy working with the store employees and there customers.
The hardest part was learning how to use the scanner but it was really easy to learn just over weliming at first but in just two months I have learned my own way and its easy as can be.
Headquarters