American Greetings Employee Reviews

Co-workers and workplace friendly environment
Part-time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Breaux Bridge, LA to Lafayette, LAJune 22, 2017
Co-workers and workplace friendly environment, Fast training, enjoyed interaction with customers.Hardest part of job was assembly of heavy card displays.
Pros
fast training, friendly co-workers
Cons
requires travel out of town daily
good to work there
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHJune 22, 2017
Good to work there. Good environment. People working there are very friendly. Executive branch likes to keep the rest of the company on the moves they are making.
working as a team
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJune 21, 2017
The enjoyable part of working at American Greetings was you get a chance to meet new people and train new employees to learn the job you have mastered over the years. I learn how to show new ideas to make the work place safer to work in.
Pros
5 weeks vacation plus paid sick days
Cons
shork lunch breaks and expensive health care
why i like my job
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Mc Cook, NEJune 21, 2017
I really enjoy merchdising and helping people find the right card for any and all events. I like to keep my cards in good condition as it helps people find the cards they are looking for. going to keep my job with American greetings
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for American Greetings. I started as assistant manage and worked my way to store management position in 2 years of employment. I enjoyed the relationships I built along the way.
Total Mess
Part-Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2017
They pay a pittance compared to what any other company will pay their PTMs. Don't waste your time, a totally unorganized company. Zero communication amongst "management."
Pros
All the envelopes you could ever want.
Cons
Paper cuts, glitter everywhere, terrible communication
Awesome
Card filler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJune 20, 2017
The people are nice and very respectful. The workspace is clean and satisfying. The managers are very involved and respectful. I absolutely loved the time I spent there.
Ag san Antonio
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2017
I liked it when i started and quickly learned that if you arent an butt kisser to the gm then you arent treated fairly. You really dont get trained cause training lady "has to much on her plate" but then get in trouble when you do things wrong since you werent trained right. They say the job is flexible and they say you can make your own schedule but if it isnt first thing in the morning then you get in trouble. Management is very unprofessional. And pay is horrible! I supposedly got maxed out at $9.75 and absolutely no room to move up.
Pros
Work by yourself
Cons
Management, pay, and hours
Hard work but, well paid
PRINTER OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Afton, TNJune 19, 2017
American Greetings is a great place to work for people who don't mind getting dirty and being exposed to heat and cold. A person applying for a job there should expect to come into contact with grease, dirt, ink and all manner of grime.
Pros
Well Paid, Paid Vacation, Decent Benefits
Cons
Heat/Cold, Labor Intensive
place to work
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 17, 2017
great people to work with and alot of expanding ones idea for the food s that we did for the people and all the surrounding areas in the place . nice people and a lot of great ideas .
Pros
nice place to work in
Cons
to short
HR Consultant
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 16, 2017
Employees that work there are very creative. Hard working employees but the company just doesn't pay all that much. Your always working , and trying new things.
Pros
Some People
Cons
Some People
Nothing wrong that i can think of.
Sales Associate/Key holder (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 16, 2017
I thought working here was fine and for the money it matched up to what the responsibilities were. had to leave due to medical reasons. Besides that the team was nice and it was a pretty quiet location.
In the beginning; wonderful family type job. In the end-TRY LIVING ON 6 HOURS A WEEK.
PT Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 15, 2017
What went wrong with AG was a reduction in stores/hours/work. Other than that it was wonderful; the new area supervisor had zero experience and skill at what she was doing which led to not enough field support.

The CEO rating is both the best and the worst; I always was remembered on my birthday and for my whole employment I felt they appreciated the workers out in the field; on the other side, who ever thought up the stupid by zip code store assignments should be in prison. I live physically in one city but as soon as I exit my driveway I am in a different city - IT DOESN'T WORK. I was assigned a store (while still employed) that took one whole hour to drive to, and yet was not allowed to be assigned a store that took only 40 minutes to get to because of my zip code. - IT DOESN'T WORK!
American Greetings... Loved working for this company...
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLJune 14, 2017
I have worked for American Greetings for 10 years and loved it, most of the time.. It is a lot of work, especially at Seasonal time.

But always enjoyed seeing all the new product and enjoyed putting it up for the new Holidays.. Worked with some lovely ladies and my supervisors were always very helpful.

You have to have a computer at home to see when your product is in the stores and how many days and hours you need to service that
store..
Pros
free cards.. and nice people to work with most of the time.
Cons
Canbe very phyical... with seasonal time..
Great place to work for.
Retail Greeting Cards Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for American Greetings. I was responsible for maintaining inventory, restocking merchandise and changing out seasonal products. I had flexible hours which allowed me to make my schedule for each week.
American Greetings was a great job for a working mother of 3
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJune 14, 2017
American Greetings was a wonderful job because you could work around your schedule with your children. You could do your job at anytime as long as you finished by a certain day.
Fexible work schedule with limited hours
PART-TIME MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO, Republic, MOJune 12, 2017
Flexible job as far as work scheduling went. Tedious work with all the sorting of cards, but easy. Work with different account holders from Wal-Mart to Dollar General. Good management, overall.
Was a part time job and very challenging and interesting.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Anthem, AZJune 11, 2017
I started this job when I first moved to AZ as I didn’t really have a career plan when I moved here abruptly. I had an amazing supervisor who quickly got me thru the Ins and Outs of the job and trained me efficiently so I was able to do the job with ease and take on 3 more stores within 3 months.
Pros
Was able to basically choose my hours of work as long as job was sufficiently done with perfection.
Cons
Was only part time and base pay was considerably lower than used to.
easy to get along with
American greetings (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYJune 10, 2017
have good attendance get well with others learn easily never in a bad mood have good reliable transportation love to work everyday i can hardly miss any days
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
short breaks
great place, going out of business
Assistant Associate (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJune 8, 2017
great place to work, great coworkers & manager. Bought out by another company so upper management deceives workers. American greetings is closing down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Greetings. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval