American Greetings Employee Reviews

Machine Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJuly 24, 2017
Liked working for this company and the job I was doing, management was quick to solve any type of problem a person had they would work with you as much as possible if it was time off work to solving problems with employees. Over all it a good manufacturing company for anyone to work for, and the pay is good too.
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Cons
not enough hot food for employees
Busy work, but not always enjoyable environments
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAJuly 20, 2017
Straightening of card stock, gift wrap and bags. Also had to set up holiday displays. The only problem with the job is that some stores did not make it easy for you to get to the items in your bin that was in the warehouse. At times, store employees had bad attitudes when asked if they would please move things such as huge crates loaded with goods from in front of the AG bin. This often proved to be a difficult task and at times had prevented me from doing my job due to refusal to move crates.
Great art directors and freedom to create!
Illustrator (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 19, 2017
Working with the art directors was super easy and laid-back and I was free to create without many edits or reworks. I had no issues with correspondence or receiving payment.
fun but strenuous
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 19, 2017
At American Greetings we create happiness, laughter and love, but the heavy lifting was too much for this 60 plus worker. Additionally it was mandatory to work the day after every holiday.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
heavy lifting ; plus work required day after every holiday
Good fun place to work
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 19, 2017
We were able to work with just a small crew of five but we were all hard working fast pace workers. We would work hard collectively until the job was complete then we would go on to the next city and do the same thing
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJuly 18, 2017
Nothing there is to complicated. I liked my job as a material handler. It really depends on what area you are working in. I stayed mainly in the order filling area and everyone in that are had a standard Time that the work had to be completed.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Short lunch, no breaks
American Greetings is a nice place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 17, 2017
Management needs to improve. Supervisor not owning that it was their mistake and blaming it on the employee. Not confronting the employee about a mistake that was made so they could correct it and learn from it.
Pros
great hours
Cons
have to work all holidays
Retail, but with a great group of workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 17, 2017
American Greetings was a great job mostly due to the people that worked there. A fantastic manager who taught her methods and reasonings to the employees so everyone felt on the same team. I wish upper management had been so open and forward in communication, the stores would still be thriving in the DFW area. Great teamwork and a light-hearted atmosphere took the sting out of the retail world (including working on holidays...it was fun because we treated each other as a small family, so holidays together was still a holiday with someone you liked to be around, even if at work).
Pros
Great staff, fun atmosphere, easy to meet customer demands.
Cons
Retail, some long hours, hard to talk up the chain outside of our store
Job is great...management, not so much.
Part Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bradley, ILJuly 16, 2017
My work week begins on Sunday when I log into my computer to check the hours that have been assigned to each of my accounts. I then schedule my work week based on how many visits each store requires and when deliveries are scheduled to arrive. I enjoy the flexibility of being able to set my own schedule. I also like working independently in my stores. A typical day in a store is putting an order away and straightening the department. It is a quick paced job and requires strong organizational skills. The week before a holiday and the week after the holiday are the worst. The card department gets trashed quickly the week before a holiday and can try your patience. The week after the holiday requires a lot of time removing old cards and setting the next holiday. Hours are significantly larger that week in addition to a lot of heavy lifting. At the end of my day, I am required to log my time online so I can get paid.
Management in this area is terrible. Area supervisor is not a good listener or communicator. Also likes to micromanage and nitpick every aspect of your job.
Pros
Flexibile and independent job
American Greetings Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 16, 2017
This was a great place. It was just like hallmark and just like hallmark this retail store went out of business. Its hard to find a retail store for American greetings.
Pros
nice people
Cons
short breaks
out of business
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJuly 11, 2017
was over daily inventory of parts warehouse, was also setup person for 6 machines everyday, also filled in when various people called in sick, made sure daily quotas was met
I like working for American Greetings because of the interaction with the different accounts.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VAJuly 3, 2017
I retrieve my work on Sunday from my pc and have a week window to actually schedule my work around my shipments. I follow protocol given by American Greetings each day. I report my work each day that I work. The hardest part of the job is lifting sometimes boxes that weigh 25 lbs.I like interacting with the different people in management in all my accounts and the independence of working on my own.
Pros
week window scheduling work
Cons
no benefits
Pressman/Indirect supervisory (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJuly 2, 2017
I have been working at American Greeting for about 13 years and it is a great place to work. the pay is really good and the work load is very minimal. This job is more of a mental task than physical. Having a clear understanding of the operations of a printing press and having superior troubleshooting skills.
Excellent company and culture
Division Quality Assurance Manager, Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bardstown, KYJune 27, 2017
Enjoy working with a wonderful team. The job requriements are challenging and I have a sense of accomplishment at the end of every workday. My supervisor is very supportive and very easy to work for and with.
fun place
Material Movement Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Afton, TN 37616June 27, 2017
mostly laid back until shipping season rolls around, and for 12 weeks it's all hands on deck. everyone is cooperative, which is unusual at a union plant.
Worst Job I've ever had
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYJune 27, 2017
My overall experience as an employee here was not good. I felt unappreciated and over worked. The work atmosphere was an uncomfortable one. They had unrealistic tasks scheduled sometimes for just one person closing. The most enjoyable part of this job was clocking out
Co-workers and workplace friendly environment
Part-time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Breaux Bridge, LA to Lafayette, LAJune 22, 2017
Co-workers and workplace friendly environment, Fast training, enjoyed interaction with customers.Hardest part of job was assembly of heavy card displays.
Pros
fast training, friendly co-workers
Cons
requires travel out of town daily
good to work there
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHJune 22, 2017
Good to work there. Good environment. People working there are very friendly. Executive branch likes to keep the rest of the company on the moves they are making.
working as a team
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJune 21, 2017
The enjoyable part of working at American Greetings was you get a chance to meet new people and train new employees to learn the job you have mastered over the years. I learn how to show new ideas to make the work place safer to work in.
Pros
5 weeks vacation plus paid sick days
Cons
shork lunch breaks and expensive health care
why i like my job
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Mc Cook, NEJune 21, 2017
I really enjoy merchdising and helping people find the right card for any and all events. I like to keep my cards in good condition as it helps people find the cards they are looking for. going to keep my job with American greetings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Greetings. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval