American Greetings

American Greetings Employer Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 25, 2014
Pros: more independence in this job
Cons: no cons
The job entails a lot of detail and creativity in the greeting card industry. Under the supervision of the assistant managers, and managers, I was able to build displays and greetings card departments. It was a nice presentation during every holiday and having been part of setting that up.
OK place to work if you find the right manager / division
Sustainability Advocate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 17, 2014
OK place to work if you find the right manager / division. Like any old companies (they are over 100 years old), there is a lot of bureaucracy. A lot of decisions by committee and not a lot of risk taking. Good compensation and OK benefits.
Good Company
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 15, 2014
Pros: get to make your own schedule
Cons: too much travel
Lots of travel but if you are ok with that. The company does have different divisions you can move your career into.
Very fun and great place to work.
Checker / Back-Up Supervisor / Production (Former Employee), Osceola, ARDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great pay and nice people to work with.
Cons: the long drive to get to work.
Assisted supervisor in training employees. Set up lines for production, performed time tallies, entered jobs in computer system and ordered stock to keep line running efficiently.
Exciting Opportunity
Store Manager (Former Employee), San Rafael, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: leading a fabulous store for a fabulous company!
Cons: distance to travel to work.
This was an exciting opportunity for me, I was new to retail management and corporate gave me the start that I needed. Retail management is rewarding and hard work, I learned so much about leadership and how to use that in all areas in my life. Being accountable and responsible for the stores inventory, gain/loss, payroll, and most importantly, to me, – more... was customer service. American Greetings was a great company to work for. – less
ok in a way
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: everything in between
This job is perfect if you need you hours to fit your schedule. But the hours are horrendous. you get from 0 to 10 hours a week. Also the packing in the boxes received is out of order most of the time and you have to dig to find what you need to put on the floor. their pl-anagrams are also confusing.
Productive Place to work at
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee), Boardman, OHNovember 23, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers and lunch breaks
Cons: no health benefits, not enough hours and low pay
Opening up store, going to bank for store deposit, filing out sheet for store sales, run register, answering phone, putting out stock, setting up merchandise according to plan a gram, dusting, sweeping, greeting customers as they enter the store,
Tasks impossible to complete within scheduled hours
merchandiser (Former Employee), NCNovember 23, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: extremely low pay
They expected a large dept. to be serviced in a couple hours a week. The pay is extremely low and I always ended up worked twice the hours allowed for free. The supervisor rarely had any nice things to say. Tons of paper waste. No compensation for travel/gas.
Build relationships, flexible
Merchandiser (Current Employee), IndianaNovember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: benefits
flexible, follow planogram, work mostly independetly, hours vary weekly
Helpful in devlopment for my career
Area Supervisor/District Lead (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: no room for promotion without relocation
I have learned to run a territory as if it is my own company from start to finish. I worked at our headquarters in Cleveland, I got to see how cards are designed, produced at the plant, ordered by our internan teams, packaged, shipped and then executed at the field level. At retail I have recruited, hired, trained, fired a staff of up to 50+ part time – more... employees. – less
Good
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXNovember 10, 2014
Pros: making people smile
Cons: few hours so pay could be a little more
I enjoy what I do for this company because I get to work in the greeting card, card and party industry. It make me happy because I know that I am making other people smile and helping them celebrate milestones in their lives. I put out card and party product . The only draw back is the hours are not much and due to that factor I feel that the pay should – more... be a little more. Other than that I love my job with this company – less
Wonderful work experience
Installation Coordinator (Former Employee), Birginham, AlabamaNovember 3, 2014
My experience as an Installation Coordinator with American Greetings was one the best employment experiences I have ever had & I have very little job history. I wish I could continue the job but the contract has expired and time to move on to a new beginning and more wonderful experiences.
Good company with a good culture
Regional Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Greeneville, TNOctober 26, 2014
Good company with a good culture. Very passionate and dedicated people.
Flexible, project-centered work.
Part Time Merchandiser (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIOctober 15, 2014
This is the right mix of independence and support for a project-oriented individual who needs a flexible schedule and enjoys merchandising.
Fun place to work but not many opportunities to advance
Production Artist (Former Employee), Cleveand, OHOctober 15, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: not very many opportunities to advance
Fun place to work if you enjoy drawing cute pictures. Creating cards indefinitely does not sound like a good time.
Fast-paced.clean
Collator/packer (Former Employee), Afton, TNOctober 12, 2014
I loved working there. It was seasonal work and I got laid off after 6 months of working every year.
Independent work environment
merchandising (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: independent work environment
Going in and cleaning and organizing cards and restocking or setting up sesonal displays
Great Place to Work and Grow
Creative Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 26, 2014
I have worked for AG for 10 years it gave me the opportunity to work and grow in a creative atmosphere.
greeting cards
part time (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 20, 2014
I get to make changes order and meet different people. American Greetings is a great company to work for. I get to work my own hours and times
Think Again...
part time merchandiser (Former Employee), kalamazoo, miSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: flexible sechedule
Cons: low hours, not good pay, no perks.
American Greetings in my opinion is the biggest waist company I know! They don't recycle and throw away new product that hasn't even been put out. Tons of cards, gift bags, stationary, wrapping paper, you name it, if it's been discontinued its in the garbage. BIG WAIST!!
They don't give good raises, ten cents more an hour after the the first 15 months.
They – more... don't pay overtime,(unless you are a manager, and it takes at least 10-15 years to get there )it's never even more then 8-12 hours a week, MAYBE! And if you are over the small amount of hours they give you each week, then it's a knock against you. Sometimes it's only 3 hours a week. That does not even pay for gas after taxes!!
The scanners they use are from 1960's and barely work!! Makes it difficult to do your job.
They say one thing and then do another. NO real perks, like free cards, and the inventory that is all being dumped( that is new and unopened) you are not allowed to take, or give to a homeless shelter or a retirement home.
Even the employees that have been there over 20+ years that are dedicated and supportive are not supported with enough hours, pay for a cell phone, or pay millage.
If your just looking for a job to use up the spare time, then it's a easy job to learn. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About American Greetings

American Greetings has been building its sturdy house of cards for more than a century. The #2 US maker of greeting cards (behind – Read more

American Greetings Photos