American Greetings Employee Reviews in United States

The job is easy, but with that comes horrible management.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJune 1, 2016
Management is horrible, if you don't stand up for yourself they will bully you. They will lie to stick together even from the top. They have their favorites and let them do as they please. So just find another job cause other companies are paying more with longer breaks.
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Short breaks
Loved the hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 1, 2016
I was able to plan my work days around my children which was very helpful. I worked alone but could get help if needed. The job wasn't very demanding.
Friendly work invironment
Installation Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 25, 2016
Drive to the store in a car pull. Talk with the rest of the crew throughout the day even while working. Always had a good time.
Wonderful Coworkers
Process Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMay 23, 2016
American Greetings truly feels like a family atmosphere. Everyone is so nice and eager to help a new employee, from the production line operators, to upper management.
Pros
Great people, good job security
Working for American Greetings
Part-Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2016
The job and what it entailed in itself was actually fun. Typically you would travel to different stores to assemble what was needed for the greeting cards department. You would receive your number of hours weekly based on the route you were given. You could always refer to materials given to make sure you were completing the projects correctly. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with bosses. The most enjoyable part was creating the best presentation possible.
Pros
$12.50 hourly was awesome
Cons
Management was horrible.
great part time job for mom's
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 20, 2016
This job has helped me a great deal, being able to work around my children's schedule. I service card and gift wrap departments for mjor chains and enjoy my job. The most fun is helping the older ladies find the cards they need.
Pros
schedule around family
Cons
Bad Management and Trainers..
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Highland, IndianaMay 15, 2016
heavy boxes. Your on an unreasonable time restraint. Its JUST CARDS, Management and the people who have the title of "Trainer" make this job very stressful. You need a computer...every day you need to look at what activities and duties that may have or NOT changed. Boss did not allow more that 15min of computer work,,,a WEEK.
Some would spend hours at the computer for this job and you don't get reimbursed. Hardest part was the unexperienced management in the Highland - Schererville area.
Pros
You work alone...
Cons
bad management. your always having to rush and go fast. unreasonable time restaint.
American Greetings
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCMay 12, 2016
The company is good company to work for if you like working for yourself. Very little supervision, though not a lot of hours available
Minimum wage employer.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 6, 2016
This employer provided a much needed bridge to the employment with SWA. Time with the company was ok, but, then, they shut down the operations that I was working on.
Great Company to work for - flexible
Part Time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 26, 2016
Enjoy the work. Put out new shipments of cards/wrapping paper etc.in assigned pockets. Straighten cards in each section and make sure they have adequate envelopes. Remove cards/merchandise that doesn't belong. Put cards removed back in stock utilizing Texlon.

Issue credits for damaged or seasonal merhandise. Keep back room stock clean & neat..
Pros
Good working conditions.
Cons
Time limitations to get work finished.
I like working for American Greetings
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NMApril 14, 2016
I really like working for the company because of it was easy and working with new people was perfect I also like to see the new cards and the pay was perfect
Creative work place with great product and people.
Associate Merchant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 10, 2016
Very successful in various roles in the company over the years. Industry is becoming more challenging and options for advancement are becoming lean. My most recent position allowed me to see my actions and decisions become reality at retail. Working with many cross functional teams and people allowed me to personally develop in many areas.
Loved this role, success depended on efforts
National Wal-Mart Field Operations (Former Employee) –  NationwideApril 4, 2016
Great family owned company. Rewarded efforts and hard work. Traveled throughout the country, which was required in my role. Company was on the cutting edge with technology.
Pros
Rewarded hard work and efforts.
Cons
Worked was based around holidays so not much time off during that time
American Greetings is a great company to work for.
Core Merchansider (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZApril 1, 2016
I love working for this company. I enjoy working and cleaning up the card aisles. We are extremely busy during the holiday seasons.
Wonderful for flex time schedules
Part-Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXMarch 14, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this job. For the most part, the hours are very flexible. Of course, certain deadlines must be met. Some times will be busier than others (holidays, resets) so the employee must be willing to have some checks smaller than others and some work weeks crazier than others. For my needs, it was perfect.

The people I worked with were all wonderful! When I discovered that they had all worked many years for American Greetings, I knew American Greetings must be a great employer to work for.
Pros
Flex scheduling
Cons
Need to be a self-starter, and sometimes self-taught as well
Great place to work.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Beattyville, KYMarch 10, 2016
Really enjoyable job. Make your own schedule. Some lifting and hard work. But overall, enjoyable job. Nice and helpful supervisors.
An every day factory job
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARMarch 3, 2016
I usually would come in, be assigned to a certain area, and stay there unless I was needed else where. Management seemed scarce and a little too friendly with some of the employees. It was very boring and too easy at times.
Nice place to work
Sr. SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhMarch 2, 2016
Management was well organized but unaware of personnel onboarding and mentoring being poorly carried out. Great atmosphere and people. Co-worker performed mentoring in a deprecating fashion not used in a professional environment.
Pros
Good department management.
Cons
Mentoring for AG internal poor.
Assisting AG.com customers (Current Employee) –  Brookpark OhioFebruary 25, 2016
Great people and place. It was very clean and they had on site lunch room. They held alot of extra activities for the empoyees
Some what flexible. Little supervision. Very poor training.
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ORFebruary 21, 2016
I worked for American Greetings for a two months and ended up quiting. My manager was very nice and so was my trainer. I was very excited about this job but It was a huge disappointment. I read the reviews on indeed and it sounded great as I am a stay at home mom. Think again. This company has almost all of their training on the computer and very little hands on with an actual trainer. If your a hands on learner this job will be hard for you at first as it was for me. Also, be prepared for cardboard and paper cuts all the time! The computer training didn't exactly match up to the actual job as each store is different. I was thrown in right when it was time for a seasonal change over which can be one of the most stressful parts of this job. Yes it's flexible but you do not "make" your own hours. They give you the amount of hours aloted for each activity and regular stocking of product in each store and you have to get it done in that time, AND within 48 hours of the order arriving in the store. So your flexibility will vary each week. It's very inconsistent, and no real breaks. If you think it's just putting cards up....its not. Sometimes you will have to do revisions, you will always do seasonal change overs and most of the time it's by yourself. Your also expected to transmit files when you get home and do your own time card and you do not get paid for doing this which could take up to 10 or more minutes each time depending on your internet speed. That could add up to about 30 minuts of unpaid time each pay period (two weeks in Oregon). The equipment and website is outdated  more... and this maybe why it takes a while sometimes. Also, they expect you to call the call center with any issues you may have...not your supervisor, and they don't speak English very well!! Overall I just found the training to be very poor and disappointing. They expect too much for very little reward. They are also very wasteful.  less
Pros
Some what flexible, no supervisor breathing down your neck.
Cons
Very poor training, hours, and pay.