American Greetings Employee Reviews

Senior Accountant
State and Local Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHApril 26, 2017
Worked for the company for almost 10 years and learned a lot and contributed greatly to the company's bottom line. They were very satisfied with my work.
Productive workplace
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARApril 25, 2017
Has plenty jobs available, very safe and enjoyable workplace, excellent employees, very respectful and understanding managers, has plenty benefits for yourself and family members, and a fast pace environment.
Director (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 25, 2017
Friendly environment, good place to work. Company is focused on creating "Happiness, Laughter, and Love" and their culture reflects this focus - particularly within the Creative, Marketing, and Product Management sides of the business.
Very tiring/too much drama
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARApril 23, 2017
It is not all that bad, you just have to stay to yourself. It's too much drama that goes on out there. Supervisors don't try to help with a problem or situation that you have going on. They show too much favoritism!!!
Pros
Go to the restroom whenever you want
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and entergetic place
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARApril 18, 2017
This was a great job. To want to get up and go do your job with the people you work with is a special gift. Being a power truck driver I was able to help keep the other workers with the materials they needed to complete their daily jobs.
Great flexibility
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYApril 18, 2017
Fun place to work. You're working on your own for the most part.
Make your own hours complete work when your ready for the day
Gives you the feeling of being your own boss at times
Great place for factory work
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYApril 18, 2017
Its a great place to work if you like the factory type setting. Good pay and good benefits along with other perks of working for the company. Its is not stressful at all and a peaceful place to work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
short breaks, healthcare not the best
freedom
Merchandiser duties in the Portsmouth, NH area (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 17, 2017
Head to first store, do a walk through of the card racks and pull tickets for restocking.
Go out back and bring whatever products in my inventory out to the floor and set them up.
Record everything done, clean up and head to the next store.
Sometimes up to 4 stores
Pros
Total freedom. work hours/days you want as long s it's within the individual stores policy.
Cons
Holidays
It was to much favoritism
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYApril 14, 2017
favoritism You had to be family to advance. If you had family high up you could get away with breaking the rule. Management would break rules for some people and then fire someone else for doing the same thing.
Pros
Job security
Cons
security
Best of the Best
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 14, 2017
Great environment. Super talented people who work really hard. Great mentors. Great ideas and an exciting environment to be a part of. Learned so much from them overall.
Great flexibility
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CAApril 13, 2017
Merchandising is key to success of a business. They train and work with you on functionality. Flexible with schedule, so I can be available for my son when he gets out of school.
Great work place
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARApril 13, 2017
Great place to work with a lot of great people
I learned how to drive a forklift here
The only bad part about the job is we only get 20 minutes for lunch
Pros
There's always work
Cons
20 minutes for lunch
ease of job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 4, 2017
Like the job due to being able to set own hours, Manager is awesome and so are the other merchandisers I have come in contact during my employment with them.
Pros
able to adjust work scheduled hours
Cons
not enough stores to work
Creative fun culture with excellent work-life balance
Merchant Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 3, 2017
Absolutely loved working at American Greetings. The associates are all very friendly and willing to help one another; the atmosphere is definitely that of a team oriented business. The work life balance is incredible at American Greetings. If you need to leave early one day for any reason, you will likely be approved as long as you are making up those hours throughout the week, are getting all of your work done, and are appropriately approaching your manager for approval. Highly recommend working at American Greetings!
not a good place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 2, 2017
I did not enjoy working here. Management did not train very well and did not allow enough time to get work done properly. I would not suggest working here.
working here was fast paced and energetically fun
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2017
I feel that American Greetings really reaches out to their consumers at a personal level. At American Greetings, there is a friendly, encouraging, working environment. This experience will greatly help with my people skills for my future endeavors.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, Learning experience, Down to earth office setting.
Cons
Short breaks, only temporary employment for several candidates.
Flexible, rewarding job
PTM (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 27, 2017
The best part of the job is working a flexible schedule. Weekly hours are set for you, but you can make it fit your time availability. It can be a very quiet job because you have little interaction with the store employees. You go into your accounts, make the store personnel aware that you are there, then proceed to the greeting card department to service it.
Flexible merchanding job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2017
This was a good merchanding job with flexible hours but the compensation was poor. It was an enjoyable job that you could do independently and you only had to be their certain times, such as during the holidays. I performed the job very fast so I did not need all of the hours provided to me for the job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor compensation
Experience widely varies from state to state, store to store
PTM (Current Employee) –  Boise, IdahoMarch 22, 2017
I've been with this company about a year and worked in two different "territories" and had several different managers. When it comes to this job- it just depends what region you are working in and the manager you have. The experience is not that consistent from area to area. If you end up with a stickler as a manager you will NOT have a good time, as American Greetings corporate standards are extremely high and not reasonable for the amount of hours they give you. If you have a more relaxed and understanding boss it's great. I've had both experiences. The best part of the job is the flexibility. You can basically pick the days and hours you work and you can change it from week to week to fit your needs. For this reason it is an excellent second job or a good job for stay at home moms or retired folks. I normally work about only 5 or 6 hours a week in the off season and around the holidays it bumps up to 10 to 15. So FYI - this is in general a very low hours position. No benefits, PTO or anything like that but its VERY part time... They send you a birthday card and some random little gifts from time to time. As far as retail jobs, this is by far the best I have ever had. If you like working solo you will probably like it. Also, sometimes they pay you to take surveys and do training at home from your computer which is great.
Pros
Work independently, paid training at home on your computer, fun to see all the different cards & merchandise
Cons
Low pay, low hours, not good raises
Great place to work for
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 21, 2017
I enjoy working for American Greetings. They have a good training program. They give you all the tools necessary to do your job unlike other merchandising companies. Flexible schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Greetings. Our community is ready to answer.