American Greetings Employee Reviews in United States

The Private Company
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARFebruary 10, 2016
Just like Nibco American Greetings was a very good experience for me..i would've loved to continue working here but things didn't work out as planned.
Pros
free lunches and overtime
Cons
healthcare and short breaks
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARFebruary 10, 2016
What you make it, can be stressful some days dealing with attitudes from co-workers. Have to learn to ignore the negative and come to work ready to work everyday/
Fun
Seasonal Sales Clerk Financial District, NY (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2016
great, family like coworker environment. the heavy lifting is, well, heavy. the stairs make the job inefficient. the Boss has never worked retail in her life
Serious
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, MSJanuary 31, 2016
This job was extremely serious workplace. We had to meet quota everyday. It was very hard, but it was worth it. Supervisor breaths down your neck until job is done. It is very understandable.
Pros
Pay
Cons
hours
American Greetings
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJanuary 27, 2016
The jobs was okay as far as the hours and time of the shifts.. but management wasn't not reliable and the work we were required to do and the standard we were required to meet towards the end never seem to add up. even experienced associates complained of how hard it was. It was overwhelming and stressful. I was even more stressed after loosing my job two weeks before Christmas. Plus we worked 8hrs with only a 20 minute break.
Pros
pay, shifts
Cons
short breaks, unreliable management
They are a good company to work for.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 19, 2016
They are decent to work for and are better than other retail places I have come in contact with. The only issue is the lack of advancement opportunities.
Pros
45% discount
Cons
No advancement opportunity
flexible work hours,
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Camden County, NJJanuary 18, 2016
love the flexibility of the work hours, seasonal change overs can be stressful and long hours depending on store size.

work independently with very little oversight, travel between accounts on a daily basis.

have to have computer access to log hours, work schedule and assignments and upload orders.

most of the team members are nice and helpful
Pros
flexible and independent
Cons
heavy workload around the holiday
Manual Software Quality Assurance
QA Software Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHJanuary 11, 2016
American Greetings helped me continue to progress my career in Software Quality Assurance most notably by providing full quality support for all current platforms and devices.
pto driver
General factory (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYDecember 30, 2015
I worked driving a power truck putting stock in the lines for orderfillers to feel orders! work very well with orderfillers to keep in stock! Very friendly and still good friends with most all employees still today! The hardest part of the job really wasn't that hard was picking up stock to put in the lines! The boxes weighed 5 to 50lbs each! The most enjoyable part of my job was to be around people and able to help them out!
Fun place to work, never stop moving, always things to do
Asst. Mgr (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 29, 2015
Love this job !!!! Love helping people find that perfect gift or card. everyone works well together. Nothing hard about it. Just a basic day in retail. Sorry to see store close for good.
Pros
Great employee discounts
Cons
Healthcare deduction is very high
A very professional company to work for.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Truth or Consequences, NMDecember 15, 2015
I have enjoyed every day that I work for American Greetings. I have learned merchandising and working with store management and employees. I pick up my merchandise from the back room, take it to the display area and stock the appropriate locations. I am fortunate not to have a hard part to my job and the enjoyable part is the feeling of accomplishment in being a team member of a very professional company.
Average experience - good people
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNDecember 12, 2015
This is a company that has been very comfortable for a long time and is having to adapt to a new market where paper products are going extinct.
Teamwork Experience Gained
Installer (Former Employee) –  Carson, CADecember 4, 2015
I enjoyed this company for the development of teamwork skills. It helped me with my communication skills and boost my technical operation skills as well.
Good Culture, Bad Politics
manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2015
Good company that has a solid brand and products you can stand behind. Every day is something different and usually challenging.

Management is hit or miss depending on who you work with. There is a lot of old school thinking and politics at play.
Pros
Creative, fun and challenging
Cons
Advancement, health benefits
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Virginia BeachNovember 20, 2015
Keep the card areas organized in each store. Put up new cards and pull old cards according to plan-o-grams. Construct displays for special events. Input hours and work completed.
Not a company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 16, 2015
Compensation is not a lot for what you are expected to do. Too much work, not enough people to do it. From my personal experience my district manager was a bully and disrespectful.
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
Pay and management
Job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INNovember 11, 2015
It wasn't bad but The stores communication, work right before and right after holiday, If you make it real nice and neat and the next day a customer messes up everything and your boss comes in you will get in trouble for it, Nit pick and nag.
Pros
make your own schedule, fun work, easy.
Cons
nag, nit pick.
so so company to work at
Carton Sealer (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARNovember 2, 2015
While working at American Greetings the employee turnover is to high because the management don't know how to treat people.
pay was not enough could pay alot better
part time merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 27, 2015
some accounts bigger than others....lots more work with bigger accounts. Hours were not enough for some weeks. ok company nothing great. Had to get used to standing alot. Pushed to get product out sometime. lots of concerns from managers about hours worked during slow periods. billion dollar company, why the concern for to many hours worked??
Undecided
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 25, 2015
Changed management three times while employed, but the environment is fun and the overall product was fun to be apart up to production. Compensation and benefits are above fair. Difficult to find resources.