American Greetings

American Greetings Employer Reviews

worked for a year
Order Filler (Former Employee), Danville kyJune 17, 2014
I did not like working here, very poor personal attention that was the main reason I left
This is an excellent company to work for.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Fair Lawn, NJMay 24, 2014
American Greetings is a major card and party products manufacturer.
They provide excellent training and support. Their products are of the highest quality. I have learned to work closely with store managers and interact with customers on a weekly basis. In addition, I work independently and receive support from my area supervisor when needed.
Entry level position
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMay 16, 2014
While working here I had a second job for 90% of the time. It is a fairly easy job to manage. This is a nice place to work and keeps you on your toes. They were pretty strict on making sure the store was clean and organized, including both front of the store and stock room. Definitely a job for people who cant sit still.
Stressful, panic-inducing, not worth the trouble
Sorter Room (Former Employee), Osceola, ARMay 12, 2014
Pros: nice pay, workable hours
Cons: bad co-workers, hectic work environment
A typical work-day was stressful. I'll admit that I learned a lot, but it was killing me. My managers liked me because I always worked my hardest. But, I can't say the same about my co-workers. Most of them were lazy and selfish and were hoping to get paid without doing any work. Most of the the jobs I did were hard and very fast-paced, which caused – more... me to freak out and have migraines. But, some of the jobs I got to work alone and work at my nice, steady pace. – less
Great company to work for
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee), Washington, NCMay 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: hours are a little low at times
Typical day at work involved checking card stock, replenishing shelves and setting new merchandise.

Learned theres more to it then just putting out cards, they have a neat system they use to make sure everything is properly displayed.

Management and co-workers are very nice and helpful. You have a question and they will answer it or find out for you.

Hardest – more... part of the job was lifting the boxes and that wasn't even hard unless you may have trouble lifting heavier boxes.

Able to set up your own schedule and work without someone breathing down your neck all the time. – less
Terrible
Merchandiser (Former Employee), NJMay 6, 2014
Cons: terrible company
Terrible people to be your lead person, They do not recycle anything, they just throw it all in the garbage. what a waste. They should be reported.
For $9.00 per hr. the pay stinks
Very fun atmosphere
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Kalamazoo MichiganMay 2, 2014
Pros: friends coworkers
Cons: company was sold
Worked several positions from forklift to cherry picker, to order picker.
Fun job, never a dull moment.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Hamilton, OhioApril 28, 2014
Pros: there is a sense of satisfaction in seeing your creativity skills being put to good use.
Cons: terrible pay for the amount of work and responsibility you are given.
A typical day at work is putting out card orders, building displays, perfoming clean sweeps, and keeping up with the seasonal inventory. This job requires you to work on your own for the majority of the time, which can get a little frustrating during the crazy holiday season.
traveling
Merchandise Worker (Former Employee), Slidell, LAApril 17, 2014
going from state to state and I love the task that we got to lead
I worked here and loved my job and the people that worked with me.
Associate/ Assembly line (Former Employee), Bardstown, KYApril 17, 2014
The company is a very good company to work for. I was layed off when it became slow for the company.
Very relaxing and enjoyable
Customer Field Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2014
A typical day at work for me with American Greetings. I enter my store and check in with the Lead Supervisor on duty. I let them know that I am there to service the account and ask if there is anything that I should know or I need to do to the account differently. The co-workers that are at my stores are tremendously helpful and very nice. I enjoy the – more... job because all of my accounts that I service they make me feel very welcome and I always have good conversation with them. – less
Not a recommended workplace
Order Filler (Former Employee), Osceola, ARApril 16, 2014
The typical work day was boring and tiring. The managers showed favoritism. I learned that with some people it's not about how hard you work, it's who you know. The hardest part of the job was to follow every rule the team leader made up just because they didn't know you.
Great Company!
Merchant Analyst (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 15, 2014
American Greetings was an amazing company to work for with a great salary and benefits.
Very carefree work pace
Support Mercandiser (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYApril 8, 2014
The best part about American greetings is the freedom for your work schedule each week. For students or parents who also have other appointments to worry about during their week its the perfect pace to make a little extra money.
great job over all
Customer Service (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: worked at my own pace
Cons: supervisours choosed to go to acounts 3/4 days after i had worked ther to inspect my work
show up when im ready did job at my pace worked alone
stockin cleanin account for retail companies like rite aid
Part-time with AG
Merchandiser, Duties (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, Ky.March 28, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: travel required with high gas prices
A typical day consist of driving to each store location to start my day, these stores are located in different counties in Ky., this job has taught me time management, working independently, how to credit product, negative adjust product, conduct displays and inventory product. Also customer service. Hardest part of this job us keeping stock straight. – more... The most enjoyable part of this job is the flexibility. – less
Flexible Self Managing Position
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: work life balance, sales bonus, company car
Cons: work alone
Build relationships with big box retailers.
Operations for company programs.
Sell programs for American Greetings.
Manage a team of 50+ part time employees.
Boxes & boxes
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: on your own, flexible hours.
Cons: little hours, store distances
The job is very repetitive.... You don't have associates to work next to, it's just you & boxes of greeting cards. Routine: you drive to the destination (Ralph's, big lots rite aid etc..) you go to the stock room, get your boxes, go to the sales floor, un-pack boxes place the cards in the slots, straiten all the fixtures, clean up & go to your next – more... store. Each store can take any where from 1hour - 6 hours of un-packing cards .... Yeah.... During the holidays it is hectic.... You get tons of hours for the season you have to follow a visual set, that usually takes for ever since you have to improvise at times. You see your boss about 3 times a year which is awesome, but training takes anywhere from 4 months -6 months & then some! It's cool as a first job or a part time but I do wish they had a solid store to work in with reliable hours ... Some weeks I got 1 hour & the next I had 10-15 hours tops for 3 stores. In a weird way the repetitions was therapeutic. – less
Great pay and benefits
PRODUCTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Bardstown. KyMarch 15, 2014
It was difficult to raise my young family on 3rd shift. However the pay and benefits was great.
Worked with great people.
Senior Creative Specialist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, OhioMarch 12, 2014
Self-managed and problem-solved with minimal management intervention. Co-workers were helpful when workload permitted. The most difficult part of the job was the need to ask for information needed from other departments to complete processing in a timely manner. I enjoyed the friendly, nice people and had good relationships with many associates.

About American Greetings

American Greetings has been building its sturdy house of cards for more than a century. The #2 US maker of greeting cards (behind – Read more

American Greetings Photos