AMERICAN HEALTH CARE Employee Reviews

Once An Amazing Company...Now Seems To Be A Complete Nightmare
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 2, 2016
I just heard that this company had yet another lay off.

Five years ago, this company would have been considered a "family company."

After hiring a new CEO, the entire leadership changed to a dictatorship, and the employees were no longer heard.

Ideas weren't welcome from employees, and if you stood up for yourself, you got into trouble.

There once was amazing support by managers, and later, it turned out that if you had an opinion, idea, concern, you were shut off with, "I got your back" but then and nothing happened.

The day that I left this company was the best day of my adult life so far. The last year and a half has been less stressful because I no longer work there.
Pros
Free breakfast on Fridays, Free lunch once a month
Cons
2 huge lay offs in 18 months. ZERO sense of security; lack of communication from managment
Innovative, Growing Business
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAApril 1, 2016
Constantly evolving work environment. Supportive management and coworkers. Job offers opportunity to learn about pharmacy benefits management, 340B, and population health management programs. Best part of this job is that it is a great work environment; coworkers, location, amenities.
Pros
Great coworkers, newer office, decent technology
Cons
Many positions under paid compared to comparable positions in area
President and working case manager
President/Owner/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 9, 2016
Developed and started my own case management company in 1997. Have worked with WC and Liability claims in the past.

Also, have been able to work as the DON for an Ambulatory Surgery Center
Pros
Monday - Friday
Good Workplace
Translator and Editor Documents (Former Employee) –  GuaynaboJanuary 27, 2015
Document Translator,Medical Health Plans policies,good team work,extense documents,learn differents programs
Pros
salary
Cons
short BREAKS
It was a very helpful experince
Private Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCOctober 9, 2014
i arrived at work i had to prepare client medications assist her with household chores.i learned how to cope with older people and adjust to a different work environment it was a very resourceful management.i barely seen my other co workers because when i would be leaving they would just be arriving.there wasn't any hard parts on the job everything was basically settled and situated.the part enjoyed was spending time and bonding with my client
Great Workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 4, 2014
Enjoyed my entire experience with AHC. Complete transparency from top to bottom. Every relationship I made was a good one.
good place to work family like atomosphere
Central Processing Technician (instrument Tech) (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIJanuary 2, 2014
i love working for this company nothing to really complain about. there is nothing really hard about working here. co-workers are enjoyable management is great. working in sterile processing you learn new things everyday.
Pros
co-workers care about you free breakfast lovely doctors
Cons
unpredictable hours
A pharmacy benefits management (PBM) company with nationwide client base, good compensation package, and very welcoming atmosphere.
Technical Writer & Editor; Company Trainer (Former Employee) –  2217 Plaza Dr., Suite 100, Rocklin, CASeptember 26, 2013
- Was hired by AHC through a temp agency. Though I had no experience working in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industries, I was hired based on the quality work and reliability I'd demonstrated in my previous positions.
- Most of my day was spent in a cubicle at my computer surrounded by the happy, productive ladies and gents within my department and my supervisor, all of whom were always available if I needed any help or advice.
- My direct supervisor, though quite busy herself, was always available for me, fair, a good communicator, and very responsive to any needs or concerns I had.
- The most difficult aspect of the job for me was the responsibilities that kept being subtly added to my workload. I ended up feeling like I was expected to complete the amount of work appropriate for about 3 people, which started out an exhilarating challenge, but soon became discouraging.
- The most enjoyable aspects of the job were: 1) being around my co-workers and supervisor, who were amazing about celebrating everyone's birthday, and extremely friendly and helpful, 2) learning a ton of new skills (which ultimately make you more employable overall), and 3) knowing that advancement in the company depended solely on my own enthusiasm and hard work.

(P.S. When my grandmother passed away, my supervisor instantly gave me some time off to be with my family, and when I got back, my dept had chipped in to get me a bouquet of flowers and a sympathy card. Also, when I was dealing with a health issue, my supervisor and the head of HR were willing to work with me to adjust my schedule
  more... a bit because they valued my work.)  less
Pros
Welcoming, close-knit company, great compensation package, calm & productive atmosphere, lots of opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Overwhelming amount of work.
Easy job, only was there for a month but I really enjoyed it.
Temporary (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 23, 2013
I learned how to be more efficient with improvising and working with technology.
helping people
Manager Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2012
good people to work for , great place good locations, helping people get benfits needed for themselves and their family.
Pros
good benfits for workers
Cons
not enough time with company

Want to know more about AMERICAN HEALTH CARE?

Ask a question
Learn as you go work environment with little support
BENEFIT INTEGRATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 19, 2012
This company encouraged an on the go training environment. Everything you learned you had to pick up and learn as you go. There were no training courses, manuals, or policy and procedural materials to rely on and the co-workers and supervisor were not helpful in assisting with questions. If you are interested in a learn as you go training environment where you get little assistance with systems and business operations this is the company for you.
Pros
free lunches, free breakfast on fridays
Cons
no training, hostile work environment