American Health Network, Inc

American Health Network, Inc Employer Reviews

My Work day
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Muncie, INNovember 20, 2014
I work Monday and Tuesday from 7am to 4pm. Love my job due to the patients my co-workers are great also. I have a wonderful supervisor who is always ready to jump in and help us when needed.
Medical Administrative Assistant
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New Albany, INNovember 11, 2014
Pros: there are none
Cons: too many to list here
This company is not employee friendly and many of the promises that they came to us as employees with turned out to be falsehoods .
They clearly do not care for the employees and that was made abundantly clear over and over.Their thought is that they will be self owned and not hospital owned ,but in the process , the amount of money needed to accomplish this is an extreme amount and to compensate for that the hourly employees are suffering .I did not receive approiate pay for work and although we were promised to have ability to get reimbursed for education,when I checked into this , they would not help with further education.These and other issues are underhanded and very disheartening.
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee), Muncie, INSeptember 17, 2014
Management and coworkers are friendly and will work around any conflict going on in your life.
Hard working enviroment but no career advancement
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: drug reps brought lunch on fridays
Cons: bad communication breakdown between chain of command when a problem arose.
it was good fast paced work which I enjoy. They where not good at giving reviews job advancements or raises. I was there for two and a half years and the last year I was there I was managing the lab. I was responsible for EKG;s and Chest x-rays. all patient paperwork and files input into the computer system. Most of the co-workers where ok to work with.
Productive, Cheerful, Respectful place to work.
Primary Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Plainfield, INAugust 22, 2014
Pros: busy yet relaxing place to work, excellent staff, close to home
Busy, Very interesting every day, Learned so much, All my skills grew during this time, very good staff, great management. Loved the patients.
Family Practice
Practice Manager (Current Employee), Avon, INAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Busy family practice - 5 physicians and 15 employees
Learned how to juggle many job duties and NextGen EMR system
Overall work day
8 Week Externship (Former Employee), Wabash, INJune 24, 2014
The job of a CNA is hard sometimes, especially when you work alone most days, but being able to help people that cant help themselves is the best job anyone could ask for. Sometimes you are stuck working a double shift three days in a row, but in the end its worth it.
Ok place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Lafayette, INJune 10, 2014
Supervisors and management are not consistent in rules and regulations
Doctors office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Loudonville, OHJune 6, 2014
Pros: learning what i went to school for. i loved the patients
Cons: nothing really
I went to Medical Assisting school and done my internship there. After graduation from Medical assisting I was hired into the office .
I answered phones ,roomed patients, took vitals.

I liked this job very much. There was no downfall with my job. I was let go due to my lack of credentials.
love the people I work with
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Kokomo, INJune 4, 2014
What I enjoy most at this job is the people I work with. It has alos been a great opportunity for me to strengthen my skills as a medical assistant and help me come to the realization that health coaching is the career I ultimately want to pursue.
Good place to work fo
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 29, 2014
I learned so much while I was there. I learned how to schedule appointments, how to use nextgen and centricity.
I was an intrigal part of patient care and worked soley with a Neurologist
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Avon, INMarch 30, 2014
Until the end of last year I worked an average of 60 hours a week and this was due to completing my job daily. I was unable to prioritize well enough to work any less. But working with such a diverse patient base I felt all patients deserved (at least) a call back from me at the end of the day. I worked alone and was considered by the Neurologist to be his "lifesaver". I came home gratified and fulfilled on a daily basis until recently when he hired an assistant and I now sit at a desk and have little to no patient interaction or hands on care anymore. I really need to be hands on to thrive.
Good atmosphere with employees and patients
Attend to the requests of patients and physician (Former Employee), Kokomo, INFebruary 18, 2014
Opening the office to begin the day. Prep charts, patients and rooms for examinations and procedures. Patient check in, check out, accounts receivables, multiple phone line system and many other clerical duties. I was generally the last one to leave the office assuring that all necessary details were completed for the day. Please see resume for additional duties.
The most enjoyable parts of the job was working together as a team and having a good connection to the patients and assisting them with their healthcare needs.
Patient care atmosphere
Research Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: it was a learning facility between doctors and nurses.
Cons: changing from paper charts to electronic medical records
The day would start between 730a-830a, all patient charts pulled, labs and other testing entered into data system, checked each room for supplies needed and reviewed day with physician. At my previous jobs I have always learned something that was not known for the continuance care for our patients, if there was anything that was questionable management was very informative as to the process for completing the day. Co workers were always about business but there would always be that one who needed more direction that the other, for the most part pleasant. The hardest task in my job has always been what can I do to make this patient understand the importance of taking care of their bodies and following through for good results. Healthcare has always been a passion for me, its helping and directing someone for a better life and meeting some very interesting people.
Flexible company
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee), Westfield, INJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: catered lunches, room to grow, flexible schedules, and good benefits
Cons: this is the health care industry, hours can be long and your patience will be tested.
The day is ever changing and always exciting. Everything from shoveling the walks during inclement weather to AP are covered in the day. When I began my career with American Health Network I was an EMT. My education acquired while working with these physicians has taken me from acquiring basic vitals to office management and coordination. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable aspect of this job. I enjoy a challenge and there is never a lack of challenge when managing an office. This is also very difficult due to attempting to balance the wants and needs of the physicians, patients, co-workers, corporate offices, and external facilities.
N/a
EMR Trainer and Support Analyst (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2014
I do not wish to review this company.
I worked there for almost 8 years. Most of the employees were very nice. There was not much advancement.
fun work place
Family Practice Physician Assistant (Current Employee), Kokomo, INDecember 30, 2013
This is a place that values life balance and fun in the work place while working hard. This is a place that welcomes change and values individuality and team work.
Fun, professional workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Lafayette, INNovember 19, 2013
I enjoy working in this office. The people are mostly friendly.
unusual, unethical, unstable work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Edinburgh, INNovember 17, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: everything else
I honestly have to say, that in my 20 plus years in the medical field, I have never worked in such a ill work environment. The office manager was not qualified for her job. Therefore, had to figure things out on my own and co-workers. There was no teamwork peroid. It almost seemed as if no one wanted you to how things operated. The staff was extremely rude to the patients. I was actually told by the Doctor "you need to be meaner". I was told that on a day that several patients were no shows. I tried to make mention on several occasions how much smoother things would run if there was more teamwork. But, no one seemed interested. If I was helping a patient at the front desk and the phones were ringing, the two girls (one being the office manager) would not pick up a line to even put it on hold. Even if they were sitting talking among themselves. I felt when I would ask about how to do something I ws only given part of the answer on purpose. Every one of the girls would talk about the other and I am not used to working under those conditions. Especially being rude to patients. That has alway been grounds for termination, in my experience. I was extremely stressed with this job and unable to continue to work here.
Close to home.
Receptionist/Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 11, 2013
Pros: liked the job, employees and management staff.
Cons: pay was horrible
Sat at front desk, answered phones, and greeted clients.
Set-up appointments for the doctor.
Balanced the credit card totals at the end of day and placed in the safe for the next morning for Supervisor.
Purged & straightened up the filing system per the President, he mentioned that he had asked about 3 different receptionists to do it and no one ever did until I decided to take it on.

About American Health Network, Inc

American Health Network was founded in 1994 by a group of physicians seeking a better method of delivering quality health care. – Read more