American Health Network, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Triage nursing gets very busy. There was not much team work.
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2016
Performed triage nursing for 3 physicians. Took emergency calls and all questions regarding health care and medications. This was a very busy practice and at the time I was there a change in management was happening so things can get quite stressful. The relationships that were made with patients was the best part. In an office like this a nurse can talk to the same people repeatedly giving consistency in care.
Pros
Monday through Friday day shift with no weekend.
Cons
management
Patient-oriented office with compassionate staff and providers
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INApril 25, 2016
This office was a wonderful place to work, with helpful co-workers and providers. Anytime I had a question or concern, the doctors were more than happy to take the time to teach me, in order for me to be able to provide better patient care. As a float MA, I was afforded the opportunity to work with every doctor and nurse practitioner, allowing me to adapt to a variety of medical styles and different approaches to treating patients. I also filled in for the lab and phone room on several different occasions when they were short staffed, making me a versatile worker.
This job was a PRN position that turned in to part time for me. It was a completely different day from my usual cath lab day.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 31, 2016
I really enjoyed all my co-workers. Some days were busier than others but if I got behind on my part, we laughed it off and continued through. I enjoyed all the physicians as well. The most difficult part was learning to read the ECG's but the physicians were really patient and good teachers for me. I really enjoyed the work environment and it made the day go smooth.
Good doctors & co-workers
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peru, INMarch 8, 2016
I enjoyed working with the doctors & nurse practitioners. I also enjoyed most of my coworkers. I felt I was appreciated by the doctor & nurse practitioner. They were very supportive & helpful.
Worked for this company for 12 years
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 2, 2016
Manager would gossip to about employees to other employees. Manager would show favoritism to some employees including her daughter. If you went to the manager with a problem you would be told boo hoo, cry me a river. Job expectations increase even though pay doesn't.
Pros
Free lunches, lots of PTO, the doctors were easy to get along with
Cons
Low pay, office drama, horrible management. High turnover
Nice place to work at.
FRONT OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJanuary 15, 2016
Very busy office. Have done several jobs from answer phones, referrals, charge entry, check out, filing, check in. Co-workers are great. Doctors are great. Enjoyed being able to learn new things.
Awesome
Ancillary Manager (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 22, 2015
Homecare process was a new thing but everyone was positive and great. Fun workplace and wanted you to grow and be successful.
Productive and fun place
MEDICAL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2015
American Health Network was by far the best job I've had. It was professional and structured but yet very vibrant, welcoming, and helpful people. The management was great, they were flexible with my schedule and offered great benefits.
Pros
Christmas bonuses, hour lunch breaks, flexible schedules
Love my job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2015
Typical Day, Duties of a Medical Assistant. taking Patients back, doing vitals, drawing blood. EKG's, filing charts. Making Appointments.
Pros
Free Lunch, Meeting New people.
Cons
nothing
productive in a constant work place
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INOctober 4, 2015
Busywork place makes time pass fast.I have learned a lot about collections of co payments and deductibles.Management has little involvement in the workplace. I feel my co-workers and I have a very good relationship. The hardest part of my job is seeing things that could be done faster but management won't acknowledge.I enjoy working only a half a day on Monday.
Pros
good pay and great coworkers
Cons
no breaks and no communication
Worst work environment i have ever been in
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2015
The management was more into the office drama than half the employees and very unprofessional. The environment was so negative and hostile. I liked what i did, but hated the environment. It probably varies from location. Decent benefits though.
Pros
pto time/benefits
Cons
work environment very negative, too much drama that wasn't controlled
Great job!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 29, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience working for AHN. The staff was friendly. The benefits were good. The patients were great.
Oncology and Hematology office Great Staff/ co-workers
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Avon IndianaSeptember 21, 2015
Medical Oncology office my position is to obtain Authorizations and seek financial assistance for patients with different foundations. In a minimal way I am able to sometimes ease the financial burden of such treatments for the patients and makes my job rewarding.
Pros
daytime no weekend hours
Cons
In two years 14 people have been fired, Don't feel secure if a mistake is made.
The job was very physical and busy most days.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 28, 2015
The job kept you very busy running up and down from the doctor's offices most days. You do a lot of filing and refiling, but I didn't work there for very long, because the pay wasn't worth the drive for me.
Pros
the people
Cons
the pay
Lots of lunches amd wonderful co workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Avon, INJuly 30, 2015
My first medical assistant position I was so glad. I work with a large group of doctors and loved them all. Wonderful management the best part is the patients loved every single one of them.
Pros
good lunches staff and patients
Cons
distance for me
Wonderful and Personable people
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Zionsville, INJune 25, 2015
I didn't actually work for compensation here; I worked to accrue clinical hours. While I was there, the staff prepared me for a lot important things that I will eventually experience in the field. If I didn't know something, all I had to do was ask and everyone there was more than willing to help me or at least find an answer for me. They made me feel wanted. They made me feel like I was a part of the team even though I would be living in 2 short months.
Pros
Close to home, great hours, awesome staff, good patient base
Cons
No compensation due to school, no position for me after school
AHN is very patient and staff friendly.
CMA, Lead Lab Tech, Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INJune 8, 2015
AHN is leading in healthcare and a great place to work. Patients dont have to wait long and get excellent care. They have over 15 drs that cover everything from head to toe, in addition to full service lab and xray.
good patient flow with patient care top priority
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  indianaMay 19, 2015
good patient flow with patient care at top priority opportunity to learn different modalities co-workers are like family with changing health care values, sometimes workflow is difficult to handle. I love my patients, taking care to give them the best care I am capable of
Pros
401 k matched and occasional free lunches
Cons
workers being spread too thin
Productive and caring work place
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Avon, INMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work was always productive. I got to work with great people that cared how I was feeling. Getting to know the patients was my favorite part of the day. Management was always on top of things no matter how hectic and understaffed we were. The hardest part of the job was staying out of the drama. My co-workers were always gossiping.
Pros
free lunches, friendly people
Cons
mainly female co-workers, too much estrogen
Productive work place, great people to work with
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bexley, OHMay 19, 2015
Very friendly, and helpful. I always loved working with the physicians they kept it fun! The office manager was very thoughtful and always was involved with the staff. The Christmas Parties were always a blast. Loved working with this company. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay ahead of the work flow.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
small break room