American Health Network, Inc

American Health Network, Inc Employee Reviews

AR Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioFebruary 14, 2017
Great environment with great people. Very busy work environment with great benefits for all the employees. Can work at your own pace all major holidays off paid
Patient care representative
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  New Albany ,IndianaJuly 19, 2016
I worked here almost nine years. No raises . Management was terrible . Manager and co workers all gossiped . There was no disincline in this office . The favorite employee would tell the manager what she was gonna do and not do. The good thing about this job was the patients .
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Terrible management
Hardworking environment
Medical technologist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 15, 2016
There are better labs to work at then here. The manager is bulgarian and very hard to communicate with. The lab assistants run wild with no supervision, putting techs behind. If you cross the Bulgarian manager you may find yourself being targeted. The lab director lied to the state board of health. The lab director is very secretive. At times you will wonder how she ever became a lab director. The director is rarely up front with anyone. No weekends becomes less attractive each day. The workload is brutal at times with no tech friendly technology. I say run away. Fast.
Pros
Occ free lunch. No weekends.
Cons
Poor management. No technology with high volume. Stressful. No auto verification.
Bad Management
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Avon, INJuly 22, 2016
Worked for this company for 3 years, through 2 office managers. The second office manager chose "pets" right away and would gossip about other employees with her "pets". She would reprimand an employee or talk about private matters in front of other employees. She would lose emails for time off. Her "pets" would nit pick about any and every thing the non pet employees did. There was a very high turnover rate in the office. There were 5 doctors in the practice and only 1 of them was not easy to work with. He also had his "pet" office staff and would find fault with most everyone else. The other docs were okay to work with and the nurses were okay. There was also no where to advance to within the company.
Pros
free lunches most days, nice doctor and nurses, good pay
Cons
poor management, no chance for advancement
Management is terrible, never around
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2016
Manager has spies and is never around unless to tell you what you are doing wrong and then shares that info with other coworkers. Not very professional. This manager managed 4 offices and at least 40 employees so in my opinion she could not do an effective job. A lot of office drama and the physicians just wanted to care for the patients, just as they should. Physicians were always willing to listen and help and support the nursing staff. Critical if you were there late charting. Some staff did not work well with other staff but that is every where. In the grand scheme of things we were there for the patients, but management in this company is horrible.
Pros
Patients, physicians
Cons
Doctors and clinical staff are great but management is terrible
Patient Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 19, 2017
I really enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. Management is completely incompetent. No clear communication, loves to play favorites and will not follow through. If you need help or guidance, you had better plan on figuring things out for yourself because the manager is completely inept. The doctor is great to work for and the staff at the office I worked at was great. You really get to know your patients.
Pros
great doctor and staff
Cons
management
Supervisors
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 26, 2016
I worked there for 1 month. It was awful. The supervisor of the lab didn't know how to train and do the job. She showed us how to do the job and then left us alone before we were checked off and then she criticized us for not doing our job correctly. She treated us like we were dumb. When it was busy she sat there on the computer and didn't help just criticized. she had the patients wait for us to get done instead of getting off of her butt to help. Patients would wait 20-30 mins. she didn't care. It was poor patient care.
My co workers were great. I liked the job and people except the supervisor. I couldn't see working with a person in charge that couldn't help when needed. She doesn't know how to talk to her employees. She would talk down to us and not treat us like we knew what we were doing.
Pros
free lunches. hrs. pay
Cons
supervisor was not qualified, she was rude and lazy
Manager of Noblesville Billing Office is Unfair
Patient Account Representative, Claim filing (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INOctober 7, 2016
No real training available, Manager is to busy to actually train you for your position so I ended up mostly entering in charge orders instead of consistently training for the actual position. Manager has mostly family members or relations working in the Noblesville billing office so if you are not related, then do not expect anyone to help or even talk to you because they know you won't be here long.
Pros
Quiet
Cons
No 15 minute breaks, no training or support
Productive and a great place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2016
I learned a lot working for American Health Network. All the employees and also the patients were awesome I met a lot of people while working for American Health Network.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
30 min lunches
I would not work with this company again
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2016

Americah Health Network

Too many patients per doctor ratio. Clinical research is not developed and not supported
Pros
I would not work with this company again
Cons
I would not work with this company again
Excellent
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 26, 2016
My experience with American Health Network was wonderful. Had it not been for my own personal issues I'm sure that I would still be there. It was a wonderful atmosphere with engaging co workers and excellent management.
Flexible company
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Westfield, INJanuary 18, 2014
The day is ever changing and always exciting. Everything from shoveling the walks during inclement weather to AP are covered in the day. When I began my career with American Health Network I was an EMT. My education acquired while working with these physicians has taken me from acquiring basic vitals to office management and coordination. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable aspect of this job. I enjoy a challenge and there is never a lack of challenge when managing an office. This is also very difficult due to attempting to balance the wants and needs of the physicians, patients, co-workers, corporate offices, and external facilities.
Pros
Catered lunches, room to grow, flexible schedules, and good benefits
Cons
This is the health care industry, hours can be long and your patience will be tested.
Productive and fun place
MEDICAL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2015
American Health Network was by far the best job I've had. It was professional and structured but yet very vibrant, welcoming, and helpful people. The management was great, they were flexible with my schedule and offered great benefits.
Pros
Christmas bonuses, hour lunch breaks, flexible schedules
Worst work environment i have ever been in
Patient Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2015
The management was more into the office drama than half the employees and very unprofessional. The environment was so negative and hostile. I liked what i did, but hated the environment. It probably varies from location. Decent benefits though.
Pros
pto time/benefits
Cons
work environment very negative, too much drama that wasn't controlled
Wonderful and Personable people
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Zionsville, INJune 25, 2015
I didn't actually work for compensation here; I worked to accrue clinical hours. While I was there, the staff prepared me for a lot important things that I will eventually experience in the field. If I didn't know something, all I had to do was ask and everyone there was more than willing to help me or at least find an answer for me. They made me feel wanted. They made me feel like I was a part of the team even though I would be living in 2 short months.
Pros
Close to home, great hours, awesome staff, good patient base
Cons
No compensation due to school, no position for me after school
Triage nursing gets very busy. There was not much team work.
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2016
Performed triage nursing for 3 physicians. Took emergency calls and all questions regarding health care and medications. This was a very busy practice and at the time I was there a change in management was happening so things can get quite stressful. The relationships that were made with patients was the best part. In an office like this a nurse can talk to the same people repeatedly giving consistency in care.
Pros
Monday through Friday day shift with no weekend.
Cons
management
small and fun company
RN (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INOctober 13, 2016
Worked independently with a PCP providing any support care and direct patient care. Love the wide variety of patients I dealt with.
Hard working enviroment but no career advancement
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHSeptember 9, 2014
it was good fast paced work which I enjoy. They where not good at giving reviews job advancements or raises. I was there for two and a half years and the last year I was there I was managing the lab. I was responsible for EKG;s and Chest x-rays. all patient paperwork and files input into the computer system. Most of the co-workers where ok to work with.
Pros
Drug reps brought lunch on fridays
Cons
bad communication breakdown between chain of command when a problem arose.
Great Job
CCMA (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 6, 2016
I love working with staff and company. AHN takes care of their staff and patients. I love the diversity the company brings towards the employees and patients
Patient-oriented office with compassionate staff and providers
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INApril 25, 2016
This office was a wonderful place to work, with helpful co-workers and providers. Anytime I had a question or concern, the doctors were more than happy to take the time to teach me, in order for me to be able to provide better patient care. As a float MA, I was afforded the opportunity to work with every doctor and nurse practitioner, allowing me to adapt to a variety of medical styles and different approaches to treating patients. I also filled in for the lab and phone room on several different occasions when they were short staffed, making me a versatile worker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Health Network, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

American Health Network, Inc Reviews by Location