American Heart Association

American Heart Association Employer Reviews

Temporary-Part time employment
Assistant to Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Metairie, LAApril 15, 2014
Pros: great working conditions, relaxed surrondings
Cons: temporary, low salary
this was a temporary job(annual heart walk) in all a good experience!
Great internship
Intern (Former Employee), Fayettevill, ARApril 15, 2014
Fast paced
Great non-profit
Awesome managers
Great college co-workers
It was a great avenue for networking and meeting new people
Philanthropy was the most enjoyable aspect
Detailed planning & amazing results.
Health Instructor, Event Coordinator/per diem (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: the events & classes were on weekends, which allow to keep my other ft job.
Cons: no cons.
Planning the agenda and the best utilization of the budget, to reach more members of the community. Maximizing the resources provided and creating new liaisons in the community .
I learned about planning, large events and involving the community, creating volunteering groups and leadership.
The coworkers are all committed to service and education, representing – more... the mission of the AHA
It was difficult to gather the largest groups to achieve the goals, the involvement of the churches and school administration played a big role in our success.
To be able to have tangible results in the series that were thought over 4 weeks of classes. – less
Working with Schools
Youth Market Director (Former Employee), Salinas, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: travel
Call on potential schools to set up fundraisers. Plan territory. Train and schedule volunteers. I learned about the importance of teaching heart health to children. The hardest part of the job was recruiting volunteers. I enjoyed working with and educating children.
Great networking for a great cause
Volunteer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 27, 2014
Great people, I enjoyed helping and meeting new people

I attended seminars and information tables
Great staff!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Love working with the staff at AHA. Most staff have been there for a long time.
Year round busy workplace working on saving lives
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Utica, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Typical day in the office consists of answering phones, helping walk-ins, scheduling and working with volunteers and updating the computer databases. Year round work is done for America's Greatest Heart Run & Walk with various committee meetings, print materials and logistics to be worked on.

I truly enjoy my job, working with the volunteers and being – more... in the life saving business. I would have to say the most difficult part of my job is dealing with the office politics. The office dynamics for such a small office are strained at times with pettiness and favoritism. Unfortunately management doesn't see all the issues that exist. – less
One of the best places I've ever worked at
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2014
Overall I truly enjoyed working for AHA! I wish I were still there but sometimes things out of your control happen and you must hope for something else to come along!
Intern for the American Heart Walk
Intern (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 27, 2014
1) Help out in any way to prepare for the American Heart Walk including making phone calls, going to events, etc.
2) I learned how to become a better public speaker as I often gave presentations to companies, etc.
3) The Management was awesome. The nicest people I have ever met and were always there for me.
4) Co-workers were just as friendly and were – more... always open to helping me out with anything I needed.
5) At first the hardest part of the job was public speaking, but after a while it became pretty natural.
6) Going to events was always enjoyable as I got to set up a table and explain to people what the American Heart Walk was, etc. – less
Rewarding Job
Regional Director (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJanuary 22, 2014
Good place to work; very rewarding; lots of hours and travel involved
good
lvn (Former Employee), lvnJanuary 21, 2014
this was a good place to get certified cpr. I learned the value of cpr. the hardest part was remembering the counts. The enjoyable part was learning on my own. And utilizing my skills
Excellent organization to work.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT AND RESEARCH (Former Employee), OHJanuary 20, 2014
Wonderful exposure to a National organization dedicated to the advancement of better health and wellness. I great group to work with that invested in their employees by providing professional development opportunities and growth.
volunteer, kind of training
Heart 360 Volunteer Mentor (Current Employee), in my school in Menlo Park CaJanuary 17, 2014
it is a volunteer job through my school and training
no salary nothing
AWFUL
Employee (Current Employee), NYC AreaJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: generous with pto and other wellness perks
Cons: they work you to the bone at a low salary, and do not allow you to have time to pursue the wellness benefits.
There is NO work life balance in this organization unless you are an hourly employee. The compensation is well below what even other non-profit organizations are paying. They expect you to work "until the job is done," although the job is NEVER done, especially when they have employees essentially working two full time positions. High turnover, even – more... at management levels. Managers are sometimes borderline psychotic. – less
very nice
Community Organizer (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 20, 2013
Pros: each day had different challenges
It requires being able to work with volunteers on an almost daily basis. The ability to multitask is a must.
Great Internship Cite
Executive Coordinator (Intern) (Current Employee), MU campusDecember 16, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: unpaid
I was given the position of Executive Coordinator of the AHA's newest fundraising event, HeartChase, on MU campus. My jobs included contacting and meeting volunteers, sponsors and local businesses to gain funding and participants for HeartChase. The event is not until April, and I've currently raised nearly $6,000.
Mission oriented
Heart & Stroke Director (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 14, 2013
Pros: you make a difference.
Worked with people to understand the impact of heart attack and stroke. Company is diverse, committed to helping you excel and grow. Co-workers were dynamic, usually the top in their field dedicated to helping others. You work for an organization with a mission to decrease the impact of heart disease and stroke the number 1 and 3 causes of death in – more... the United States. Your work serves a greater good to change the healthcare delivery systems, schools, employers and local communities. – less
Productive and fun place of employment.
Field representative of Armstrong COunty (Former Employee), Manorville, PADecember 10, 2013
Pros: interaction with a lot of people.
Cons: didn't pay well.
Responsibilities included fund raising, special events, programming, public speaking and over seeing the Board of Directors. Had to work hard to reach fund raising goals, but had terrific volunteers.
Business Analyst/Project Manager TCS (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2013
Meeting with Business Customers
Gathering Requirements
Project Documentation (use cases, flow diagrams, user guides)
Bug/Issue Tracking
Product Enhancements
Great place to work.
Heart Walk Team Captain (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Edina, MNOctober 14, 2013
Awesome event every year. Staff provides excellent support and execution of Heart Walk.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Heart Association

The American Heart Association (AHA) is a not-for-profit organization devoted to the fight against heart disease and stroke (both – Read more