American Heart Association

American Heart Association Employee Reviews

Never a Dull Moment
Corporate and Social Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 23, 2017
This was a great place to meet new people and the movers and shakers of Palm Beach County! My manager was a wonderful person to work with. I learned a lot about fundraising!
Great experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 8, 2017
This was a great way to help raise money and awareness for a good cause. I felt that my team worked well together to organize and execute different ways to help out. I think we were all excited to volunteer, making it very fun.
Productive, fun, welcoming work staff
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 2, 2017
I absolutely loved interning for the American Heart Association. Not only were they a welcoming group of people, but I had so much to learn from my supervisor, who constantly gave positive feedback and constructive criticism.
Pros
Had my own desk, assistance was provided when needed
this is the best company to work for
MRC Printing Department - Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2017
I worked for this company for over 20 years. They had the best training and management team ever! They care about everyone, even those of us who were at the bottom. They also have the best benefits ever and job security.
Pros
benefits and job sercurity
Cons
no promotion
Exceptional place to work as an intern
Intern (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 25, 2017
I have worked as an intern for the American Heart Association in Missoula, MT for the past 2 years and have found in extremely rewarding and educational. It is absolutely the ideal place to work; I hope to continue working with these wonderful people.
Pros
Positive work environment, great cause
Cons
Energetic team, fighting for an amazing cause
Booking & Event management (intern) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 21, 2017
I absolutely loved my internship at the American Heart Association. The company culture was one of energy and passion and I felt right at home. The work was meaningful and I knew that my contribution was helping a great cause. The team that I worked with was focused but fun. I was excited to go to work and learn as much as possible each day. I feel that the most difficult part of the job was handling the rejection for donation requests but I was taught to handle these with class and poise. I learned the value of a good team working for AHA. The importance of having a reliable team with a common passion and goal.
Pros
Experience, contacts and an incredible Ball to end it off.
Cons
Paid parking
Good job
Go Red for Women Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 21, 2017
Good benefits. Boring day to day. Great work life balance. Lots of micro managing. Great PTO options. Be prepared to make a lot of professional sacrifices. Would not qualify as a 'fun job'
Pros
PTO, work/life balance
Cons
boring
does not pay mileage
Phelbotomist (Current Employee) –  Canfield, OHFebruary 15, 2017
I go from nursing homes to nursing home drawing elderly patients blood and collect specimens samples as order then take back to the lab to be process and spun down and bag
Pros
Cons
everything
N/a
Internship (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 14, 2017
It is a good place to intern. Interns will have a lot of experience under the belt. Will know how to prepare for events and interacting with people. A lot of traveling depending on where you live.
Challenging and rewarding environment.
SPECIAL EVENTS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 1, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed my time here. For anyone who enjoys a fast paced environment and desires a mission driven, rewarding career, the AHA is an ideal organization.
Aha
CPR Instructor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 29, 2017
Though the AHA has instituted many changes in CPR/PALS over the years, their agency is by far #1 and has come a very long way professionally and structurally.
community
Bilingual Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 24, 2017
love the community involvement of this organization. reaching out to the community to promote a healthy lifestyle. Being proactive!
Terrible Management
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 17, 2017
This place has terrible management and unclear expectations of job responsibilities. The Executive Director didn't even know how to save documents as a PDF. On m first day there were two employees crying because the supervisors are so rude and demeaning. The environment is nothing short of toxic and customers even recognize the embarrassing rate of turnover as a result of it. Everyone there is looking for another job.
Cons
Rude upper management, toxic environment, favoritism, exreme pressure and unclear changing expectations.
Outstanding Organization
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2017
Amazing company filled with amazing people. It was a great experience to go to work everyday and feel you were helping people.
Productive working environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2017
A typical work day has both inside the office and outside the office work operations. Though you worked with the same people in the office you were able to meet many different types of people whenever we went to an event. Management was very easy going, and as long as you got the job done in a timely manner you were good. As for coworkers inside the office you may have one or two people working with you based on the project you are assigned. The hardest part of the job would be the lack of people. This was an internship, and the work was always continuous especially when an event like the heart walk came up. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was not just office work. There was hands on activities that you were to do outside the office.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
non paid internships
cons
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 6, 2017
Organization says that it values work/life balance in society but it doesn't when it comes to supporting the development team and meeting unrealistic goals.
Cons
worked consistent 60+ hour weeks, not appreciated
good oppurtunity to work
Java Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2017
friendly environment and the hardest part is wrapping the project where i faced a little difficult in merging the codes.
A Productive and Fun workplace with great opportunities for service
Shore Road Community Senior Stroll, in Bay Ridge (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2016
I volunteered with a site that gained a partnership with the American Heart Association. This was a rewarding experience, as I felt as though great service was being provided for members of the community. The associates from the American Heart Association were fun, flexible and hard-working; they were quite a pleasure to work accompany. Most importantly, the associates proved to be professional yet very caring.
Pros
Break Times; Free Lunches
Cons
Employment scarcity
Productive and exciting work enviornment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 22, 2016
Assist with all needed projects, coordinate events such as the heart walk and vestido rojo, created spreadsheets / and corporate sponsorship reminders, attended events for funding.
Pros
Love my employees
Great Mission with ambitious goals
senior director (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 15, 2016
Important mission with great corporate and individual volunteer management opportunity. Amazing co-workers! Great benefits! Biggest con is management micro-managing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Heart Association. Our community is ready to answer.

American Heart Association Reviews by Location