American Heart Association Employee Reviews

so cool
Volunteer work on American Heart Walk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJanuary 11, 2018
being a volunteer at the American Heart Association was a very fast paced, low stress, and cooperative job. All I did when I would work at the American heart association is run.
Per Diem Panelist
Expert Nurse Panelist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 3, 2018
This was a Per Diem job acting as an expert panelist in discussions about anticoagulation. It was not a true AHA employment opportunity. The site was well organized and comfortable. The staff ensured the panelists were prepared for discussion.
Pros
paid well
Cons
temporary position
Great Work Environment
Customer Care Representative-Multimedia Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 26, 2017
The company takes great care of its employees. The work environemnt is among the best that I have ever experienced. Working in the call center can be stressful with so many policies and procedures, as well as they measure performance.
Pros
Benefits, Work Environment
Cons
Procedures
volunteer POV
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 18, 2017
As a volunteer in one of the American heart Associations programs I obviously did not receive financial compensation. However, I did receive invaluable mentors and access to affluent spheres of influence.
Pros
free food
Cons
volunteer=no pay
was a certificate
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2017
was very fun and team oriented. the certificate comes in handy in knowing what to do if someone chocks. when i got it done i was the only guy there but the ladies were very welcoming.
Great company to work for, hard to retain co-workers
Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 8, 2017
The mission of the American Heart Association is great, but working in development can burn you out. Turnover is high and it's difficult to get high quality people in the door. Expectations and work load can be high for individuals - expected to do the work of many. The work load can be a lot at times and can take you outside of normal work hours.
Pros
Good benefits and time off
Cons
Not much support from management
Productive, fast-paced work environment.
Field Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 7, 2017
Productive, fast-paced work environment. Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners to address healthy eating, nutrition, and physical activity among the community. Track and monitor sponsorships.
Great place
Laboratory Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CANovember 29, 2017
Great Place with an awesome staff that listens to you. Works will with your schedule if you are still in school. Super flexible and great experience to put you in the field
Fast-paced balanced environment
Senior Marketing Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2017
This organization has a great mission and is fairly well managed at the national level. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the dedicated volunteers that are so loyal to this organization.
Awful place with good intentions
Sr. Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 15, 2017
AHA was a very toxic environment to work in. My experience was with managers leaving to drink in the middle of the day and gossiping about anyone and everyone. Additionally, roles are promoted from within so the person promoted is not always the most qualified. I would never go back there.
fun social workplace but they don't know the true meaning of a balanced worklife
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2017
Don't give out your phone number cause they will call you when you are on PTO and make you work... they called me while I was in a family amusement park and I had to leave my family to get the work done. they will move you to positions that you may not be suitable for and then fire you with no option to move back. I have had situations where I brought home work everyday and overnight to meet their deadlines. they abuse their employees trust.
Stressful
Go Red For Women Director, Ft (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 10, 2017
It is a very stressful place to work. Unreasonable goals. You are penalized for having a great campaign year because the next year, the goals are ridiculous.
Pros
meeting and working with the volunteers
Cons
not appreciated by staff
Development
Director, Fund Development and Social Events (Current Employee) –  New York StateNovember 9, 2017
Excellent Organization with wonderful training and guidance. Difficult to advance due to the small local staff but work environment is friendly and cooperative.
This job sucked
Manager (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJNovember 9, 2017
stressful. did the work of 4 people. they didn't want to pay what your worth, worst place I ever worked more than 50 hours per week. no work life balance
Run for the hills!
Business Development Director, Heart Walk (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 7, 2017
While the company has a fantastic mission and does a lot of good around the country, the internal management is horrendous. I have never seen such poor management and leadership in my entire career. I joined this company because I truly wanted to make a difference. Instead, I was faced with an internal culture that is all about the bottom dollar and doesn't care how it impacts its employees. They have a VERY high turnover rate and for the amount of work you put in, you get zero appreciation in return.
Pros
Great company mission
Cons
Management, lack of advancement opportunities, very high turnover
Great mission statement, high goals, low pay, high turnover
Fundraising Representative (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 7, 2017
As with many non-profit organizations, this organization tends to have high turnover. Your direct supervisor can greatly influence your attitude. You don't work here hoping to make good money. You work here because your are passionate about the mission.
Learning Experience
ContraGraphic Design (Former Employee) –  Marietta GeorgiaNovember 3, 2017
The American Heart Association provided an incredible work place and a great learning experience because of the trust they put in my work and the ability to work together.
Pros
Growth
Volunteer your services
Office Help Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Utica, NY 13502November 2, 2017
I work in the office and help with the mailings, data entry, filing anything that needs to be done. Busy stress time is from January - March when they get ready for the Heart Run Walk Event that takes place every year in march. They get over 10,000 folks from all over CNY to either run or walk a route and help raise money for this awesome cause.
Good
YOUTH MARKET DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 1, 2017
Good place to work, must have a passion. You do get a lot throw your way that you must be prepared for and ready to handle.

Great mission, great people fun work.
wonderfull Organisation to Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 30, 2017
It was very rewarding to volunteer and assist in outreach programs and educate the communities on healthy lifestyles to curb heart disease risk factors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Heart Association. Our community is ready to answer.