American Heart Association

American Heart Association Employee Reviews

student council
CPR and AED program (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 19, 2015
learned what to be a leader is and how to apply it to my daily life and those who look up to me
A very reputable non-profit organiztion.
Associate Manager, Operations (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2015
I was one of two staff who envisioned and launched the American Heart Association's (AHA) Food Certification Program (the red heart with the white check-mark in it that you see on food products in the grocery store). I managed all aspects of the operations of this program, including nutritionally screening every food product to ensure it met the criteria for carrying the heart-check mark on its packaging and all contracts between the participating food companies and AHA
Work at UCSD as an AHA fellow
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), UCSD< San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2015
It’s great to work on protein characterization and drug development. I have fun working with the biophysical and mass spectrometry instrumentation. Learn something new every day. Thrilled by my collaborations with industry and the opportunities this fellowship has provided me.
Safe and Protective
Volunteer (Former Employee), winston salem ncJanuary 4, 2015
nice staff
make sure patients are comfortable
warm and polite
excellent place to grow
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 21, 2014
Pros: face to face with patients
loved working in medical field enjoyed co workers learned different skills and loved doing and learning different duties. Great management. hardest part was getting use to getting up earlier but loved it after that.
Internship.
Internship (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 17, 2014
This was the best experience. I got to help launch a program for this organization. This intership really made me grow and see how much of a difference the right program can make in people's lives. I loved getting to know the people that work there. All the managers really seemed to have a good working relationship with all of their employees. The hardest part was learning how reach out to the public about this program. Once we started having people particiapte in the program it was easier to get more and more people interested. It was a wonderful experience.
I enjoy public speaking at churches and events.
Motivational Speaker (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2014
• Spoke at various venues to present information about cardiovascular diseases
• Presented personal story to increase awareness about warning signs
• Shared how recovery is possible and how to overcome adversity
Feel Good Job
Independent Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2014
Pros: passionate coworkers
Cons: lots of travel
The American Heart Association (National Center) is a great place to work. You gain lots of exposure to different facets of business. It's a wonderful place to launch and develop your career. I highly recommend this employer to anyone who’s interested in non-profit / mission related work.
Great place for community outreach experience.
Baltimore City Committee Member (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 20, 2014
I enjoyed working with the members of the AHA to learn about disease prevention and helping my local community. I worked to improve the community and foster a healthy, stroke-free environment.
American Heart Assc.
Receptionist/ Administrative Asst. (Former Employee), 1101 North chase PkwyNovember 6, 2014
Pros: giving out broucher, pinest, games, and prizes.
Cons: healthcare to fund and except insurance to help people live and productive life.
Fun place to work rasing money . For a worth cause for the heart. We did fund raiser , walks, run, auction etc. We raise money for kid and adults that suffer from the disease. Coming up we the cure for every one. I enjoyed worked with other . My co-worker all on the same page . We all work hard raise money for incentive and evaulation anf grading on job advancement. Most of all I enjoyed find a cure for heart diseases.
Good but aggressive company to work for
Director (Former Employee), MidwestOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great mission, committed volunteers, good benefits
Cons: uneven management, aggressive culture
The AHA is a good company to work for. As nonprofits go, it offers a comprehensive benefits and rewards package, as well as pays fairly competitively against other large, national NPOs. They have an aggressive fundraising culture, which isn't for everyone. Also, I think a person's success will largely depend on their manager, which is too bad because there are a VARIETY of management styles in play, and not all of them are good. Be prepared to hustle to meet your goals and work hard. If you are an assertive, type A personality, then the AHA may be a good fit for you. And there are lots of internal advancement opportunities.
it was an okay place
CSR out bound calling Internship (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good hours nice people
Cons: not very family friendly
it was an okay place wasnt my favorite job. I learned new skills though.
Great learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYOctober 22, 2014
I was able to teach a variety of age groups and spread awareness of life saving skills that I believe everyone should be taught.
Great Cause
Member - Health Equity Council (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 10, 2014
Great cause to bring awareness to heart health. Really exemplify health equity and bridging the gap.
Hard working fundraisers with an outside sales approach to raising money.
Corporate Market Director (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: raising money for cardiovascular disease research
Cons: outside sales approach to fundraising with lots of cold calling
I was happy to receive a position at AHA but my fundraising skills were somewhat different than their approach. It is for this reason it was not a good fit for me.
Fun Project to work on
Team Member (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 7, 2014
I learned to work in a team of 6 on an integrated marketing campaign for the American Heart Association on my thesis project.
Volunteer for specific events (Former Employee), Palm Beach, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: excellent team worker
Cons: work for free
Prepare huge events and do it excellent without mistake, because with one mistake the event can fail in reach the goal of money.

I learned to prepare major events VIP Ball and fashion shows with celebrities.

Excellent relationship with coworkers, we worked as team every event.

The hours and dedication for each event and the enjoyable part was when we reach the goal in each event.
Unorganized and unprofessional! They chase the money not the mission
Director, Corporate Events (Former Employee), Amherst, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: salaries and benefits are higher than average
Cons: poor sr. management and ed people skills, micromanage to the point of distruction
This organization has burned major bridges in the community by chasing the money and not living the mission. Sr. Managers (ED, VP's) bully staff, and micromanage the processes to the point that nothing can be accomplished with out their involvement or permission.
My advise to you is don't do it! Ignore the pay and benefits and stay where you are, you will be better off for it.
fast paced work environment and great for the multitasker
Temp- Heart Walk Coordinator (Current Employee), honolulu, hawaiiSeptember 24, 2014
with non-profit you wear many hats in your office. daily tasks range and no one day is the same. Work environment is great and coworkers have an all hands-on-deck attitude!
Insanity at AHA
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2014
This organization is nothing more than a place to raise money and torture employees. No one below "Sr. Management" is treated with any respect. Some managers are known to spend hours giving their work to lower individuals on the totem pole and then taking all the credit for work that is done.

About American Heart Association

The American Heart Association (AHA) is a not-for-profit organization devoted to the fight against heart disease and stroke (both – Read more

American Heart Association Salaries