American Heart Association Employee Reviews

Love this association!!!!
Youth Market Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, KYSeptember 16, 2017
Quite And informative every day.Planning and gathering time and schedules are fast but Great times. the culture for me is so diverse and exciting.
the most diffucult portion of this job is getting the education information into so may areas of our communities.
bur the most rewarding is seeing the excitement of children and the school staff making changes as they learn a true life lesson.
Pros
Life Changes in young people
Cons
Not enough time
Good looking offices in mid-Manhattan with money obsessed new management. We lost sight of our mission as educators and service to the community.
Assistant to the Executive Director, Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2017
I loved the staff, but management became more and more money orientated with management changes. The frequent departures of staff were due to burnout and lack of appreciation.
Pros
Pleasant physical environment, great co-workers.
Cons
Constant increases to workload, new data sytems without training, management indifferent to staff contributions with recognition only to fundraisers.
Nice work / life balance
Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 29, 2017
My immediate supervisor was great! Very supportive upper management when it comes to life / work balance. Many opportunities for advancement but some offices are small and you would need to relocate... if I hadn't moved for family reasons, I would still be there! :)
Pros
Monday - Friday
Cons
I didn't really have any...
good place to work and learn, benefits are excellent, employee participation in events is encouraged
Consultant - Procurement Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2017
AMA encourages and provides numerous avenues of participation in the services it promotes. Work/Life Balance is good, benefits are excellent. In the department in which I worked, team interaction was positive, and the work itself was challenging.
Productive and fun place to work
BLS CPR Instructor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 28, 2017
I teach CPR and FA to students and lay person. This is more of a volunteer position versus a full-time job. I teach this during my free time. Anyone is welcomed to come and learn how to safely and effectively save lives.
Fast Pace and Great Place to Work
Special Events Administrator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 23, 2017
At the AHA you're working towards a great mission, at a very fast pace, and feeling great about what you're doing for others. The AHA has great benefits and, depending on the office environment, have a good work/life balance. They are definitely trying to improve on this overall. It's a great place to work, especially for non-profits!
Pros
Incredible benefits and do have paid time off once you build it up.
Cons
Work hard for the mission, never really "turn it off."
I was a volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 19, 2017
I volunteered to help with the AHA. I helped out with setting up props for events. It was something I did to help out with my community and was one of the most enjoyable jobs i had
Life Saving!!
Educator/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Multiple, including Dubai and USVIAugust 17, 2017
Strictly volunteer with no benefits, except knowing you are training lay people and medical professionals in most current evidence based practice for resuscitation. I have been active with AHA since1973 and I know CPR works. Can't teach too many people how to do simple hands only and AED use.
Pros
Life saving
Hard work
Vice President youth market (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYand Long IslandAugust 16, 2017
Enjoyed the work visited schools did fundraising
Hard work car needed to drive to schools
Meetings held often
Worked with physical education teachers
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2017
It was a great working environment making a change for the community. Every day going to work felt like you were making strides towards healthy for everyone.
productive fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2017
great place to work. I learned a lot with working with The American Heart Association . I was able to work with the community and educate the public on being heart healthy.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Not for the creative or experienced
Membership Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2017
The company is run very old world. They will hire you for new ideas and experience, but they are VERY closed to change and input. All decisions are made many layers above you, and you will just become an admin. They need help, but have no interest in doing anything different.
Pros
Benefits are very good.
Cons
Your ideas are not wanted
independent contractor
BLS Instructor (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 4, 2017
enjoyed teaching bls to the community and setting my own schedule. worked out for my family and I would do it again if presented with the opportunity.
Pros
pay
Cons
pay
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2017
The Austin office has an overall great vibe and I really enjoyed working with most of the people there. I also appreciated having a job where you know you are helping people.
Great Job
Youth Market Associate (Former Employee) –  Western MDJuly 28, 2017
This was a great job and it was great know that I was helping other people as well. I recruited schools to participate in the Jump Rope for Heart program to raise funds and awareness.
Pros
Helping othersq
Cons
Job was eliminated
Productive and goal oriented non-profit company
Corporate Events Director for Northeast Indiana (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for the American Heart
Association. Great training seminars in the office and out of state which were effective and fun. Enjoyed working with the doctors and volunteers in Northeast Indiana for our common goals.
Pros
Great training and advancement opportunities
Set your own time
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lorain County OhioJuly 17, 2017
I set up classes according to my schedule. I love working for The American Heart Association. I turn my class schedules and roster to Life Care Ambulance. My cards are ready within a few days.
Pros
Set your own class times.
Cons
None that I have found.
Great Benefits
Marketing /Communications Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2017
Great people. Great benefits. Lots of time off during the holidays. Down side is that you can be fired at any moment for -0- reasons. The turn over is incredibly high. Work can become a little boring. If you can see yourself prepping for the same 6 events for eons and doing nothing else without going crazy, then this is the gig for you.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Don't get too comfy
Great CPR Programs
CPR Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJJuly 16, 2017
I am a volunteer instructor. The program is very informative and the members within my teaching facility are awesome. Teaching people the skills that could one day save a life makes it all worth it.
Love aha
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 14, 2017
Great team, really feels like family. Good job security if hired. Opportunities for everyone. Beautiful place to work.Love the employees and events and clients!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Heart Association. Our community is ready to answer.