American Home Care

American Home Care Employer Reviews

Overview of Avery Partners,LLC
Field Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Abingdon, VAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: compensations and salary very good and substantial.
Cons: much tension, fear of job loss constantly, and again no support system.
Taking care of the various patients is truly rewarding, fulfilling and have dedicated my life to these patients. Traveled to patient homes daily, and found this to be a calling in many respects, most of them really cared for me as well. Learned to be forthright and not be taken advantage of your kindness and hard work efforts in the work place independently, – more... poor support system at the facility. Each co-worker had a separate agenda and worked each day, not much support there, no team work. The hardest part of the job was being in the "dark" about one's work performance since no evaluations were performed and little or no communication between employees and management. – less
Innovative in aspiring to be a comprehensive care plan for the elderly and disabled.
Banch Director (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2014
Pros: a company that was proactive in growing to an all-inclusive elder care service.
Cons: lack of support and consistancy from upper management
Worked with exceptional people who had a heart for others. I was Employed with this Company during an unknown transitioning period in which they where selling out to Gentiva Health Care. This possibly explains the lack of support from upper management. Overall the Company has adequate benefits, room to promote and grow within and the strength and size – more... with Gentiva to be an industry leader. – less
The job
home Health Aide (Former Employee), Rolla, MOJune 17, 2014
I dont have good things to say about this job only because i didnt like the job. My boss was amazing but they asked more than they should of out of us for what we were paid.
Loving working with senior citizens.
PCA (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 9, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of my patients.
would recommend
Director of nursing (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: healthcare
love working for owners whom care about their patients the way they do.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 13, 2014
Pros: helping clients
I enjoy knowing and helping clients, I did not work with any co-workers, it was basically dealing one-on-one with clients assisting with care they needed and wanted which I enjoyed doing
warehouse with small office
Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2014
Pros: office was close to home
Cons: poor heat and a/c
Heavy cold calling and prospecting for clients. Contacting Drs. office on behalf of clients . Doing presentations at different venues.
Helping elderly and Disabled in their homes.
Home Health Caregiver (Former Employee), Park Hills, MOMarch 4, 2014
Helping Men and Women in their everyday needs in their home, along with doing some shopping for them also.
job has no advancement or has no better pay advances
Home Health Aide/CNA (Former Employee), terrell txFebruary 25, 2014
I did my job well but never was recognized for any extra thing that I had done for the clients or the company. I was never told you did well or thank you.
Caring for the elderly
Private Duty Sitter (Current Employee), Dothan, ALFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: rewarding and fulfilling
Cons: long hrs, no breaks away or lunches away from your client, but on the bright side you always have a lunch or dinner date, no insurance or benfits, and no room for growth or many raises, no over time pay.
Duties: Provide professional and individual care for my client/patient/resident. Provide emotional, physical, and at times, domestic care for my patient as well as their family. Help patient with their daily grooming needs. Cook for and feed patient as needed. Make sure my patient is safe and that all their needs are taken care of .

The most enjoyable – more... part of my job is bringing joy and happiness to my clients. I do this by learning about my client and the things that they enjoy. I have learned since becoming a caregiver that being a bit silly and playful can help my clients open up to me.

I work well with my co-workers, and I often share things that I have learned about my client that will assist them in helping our client happier and gladly accept any information that will also aid me in doing the same. It is important to know as co-workers we are on the same team.

The hardest part of this job in my opinion is watching a client that you've grown to care about get sick, watch their health go done and losing your client to death.

The elderly have so much to teach the younger generations, so please take the time to get to know them. – less
Great communication and office staff
CNA (Current Employee), Hannibal, MOJanuary 30, 2014
Cons: pay rate
Being a Caregiver to numerous clients.
The management is certainly great. They are always available to help and are willing to do the best they can to help in any certain ways. The office staff calls daily to check up on the clients and to see how your day has gone.
The co-workers are always handy, they are all willing to pick up the phone if you have – more... a question.
The hardest part of the job is defiantly leaving at the end of the day. Spending almost everyday with the clients really starts to grow on you and they become family.
The most enjoyable part of this job are has to be the time spent learning and hearing stories from everyone. – less
little training
Care Giver (Former Employee), West Plains, MONovember 26, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no job security
Even though the schedule was flexible and easily worked around school there was no job security and gave very little training.
American Home Care
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Rolla, MONovember 11, 2013
Boring but good. I didn't enjoy sitting at a desk too much but I enjoyed the schedule
Very productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rolla, MOJune 10, 2013
It was a very friendly atmosphere with every one willing to help every one out.
VERY FUN WORK PLACE
SECRETARY (Former Employee), Plantation, FLJune 7, 2013
Pros: long breaks and free time
Cons: nothing at all
I HAVE NEVER HAD EXPERIENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AMERICAN HOME CARE GAVE ME A CHANCE. I LEARNED QUICKLY AND I ENJOYED THE FAST PACED ENVIROMENT.
Wonderful environment professional coworkers
Driver (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 19, 2013
Pros: out and about traveling different places
The job was all about delivering medical supplies to different patients in hospitals , in home , nursing homes etc; I delivered beds , billy blankets , nebulizers , oxygen tanks etc; the management team were great they were fair and professional. The job consist on constant driving lifting bending showing how to use certain machines etc; I like the – more... job because of the different facilities and homes I would travel to also knowing that I helped save a life or prevented a health issue just anything I can do to help out I was proud of that's what made me like the job. – less
You never get the hours you want!
Caregiver (Former Employee), Park Hills, MOMay 7, 2013
Pros: helping elderly and disbaled people with everyday tasks.
Cons: work schedule never really worked with my school schedule.
The hardest thing about this job is trying to get hours. Unless the people in the office like you, you aren't going to get very many hours.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Care Manager (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 2, 2013
Pros: personal dress attire
Cons: micromanagement
My overall experience at this company was similar to my previous employer but different due to distributing medication to residents.
Used to be a good place to work until a new company took over the business.
Branch Manager / Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee), Kennett, MOApril 25, 2013
Supervised 30+ employees daily to insure they were working the hours scheduled & taking care of the clients as required. Completed tasks from scheduling to monitoring, marketing, answering phones, filing, billing, and any other clerical work that needed to be done. Completed payroll for 500+ employees on a weekly basis & once that was completed I also – more... was in charge of payables, ordering supplies for fourteen offices, & employment verifications. – less
Productive and Educational
Externship (Former Employee), West Plains, MOMarch 20, 2013
Worked for about 22 hrs/wk while in college.
Assisted customers and answered phones.
Assisted coworkers and filing documents.
I enjoyed working with everyone at the facility, they were very helpful and respectful. You could not ask for any better group of ladies to work with. The office was ran smoothly and organized in a very professional way.