American Home Care Employee Reviews

helps clients stay in their home as long as possible
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee), West Plains, MOMay 15, 2015
A typical day at work is helping others, answering the phones, opening and sorting through the mail. Doing what ever happens to be needed of me. It's a team effort here, to make sure that all of our clients are seen as instructed.
a good company
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Terrell, TXMarch 8, 2015
Pros: nearby
Cons: not enough pay no gas mileage
this was a great company to work for like the staff and office personnel. was glad to have an opportunity to work for them. the clients where great
part-time field RN (Current Employee), TexasMarch 6, 2015
Nurses are paid per visit rates for field work with a set trip fee. Overall it is a good company to work for. Would prefer better benefits for field staff, including tablets for documentation and company cars.
Great place to work if you're desperate
Caregiver/Homemaker (Former Employee), West Plains, MOFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: schedule flexibility, get to choose most of your clients, easy to get hired
Cons: use own vehicle, no mileage reimbursement, most clients are short hours and many live way out of town, no regular pay raises
This is not the worst place to work, nor is it really all that great. When you apply and they call you in for orientation (and they will, because their overturn rate is horrendous, they need the workers) they try to get you excited about working there with things like flexible schedules, you can decide whether or not to keep a client, the work is easy, etc. Those things are true, but they don't tell you the downsides to the job. (1) You use your own vehicle to work. (2) They do not reimburse you for mileage. (3) They can send you to many different places all over the county. If you're lucky enough to get clients who need you there for 3-4+ hours at a time, it's not so bad, the trip is kind of worth it. For the other 95% of you, you will get clients that live all the way out in Timbuktu and they will only be for an hour or two at a time. That plus no mileage reimbursement plus all the wear and tear on your vehicle=not worth it. (4) They also do not do regular evaluations and raises like they say they'll do.
If you absolutely have to work here, make sure when they start to give you clients, you put your foot down and tell them you only want to drive so far for clients. Don't let them push you around. Unless you enjoy spending half your pay on gas and other car costs.
Most of the clients they get are great people. I've met some of the best people on this job and I definitely enjoyed that part of it. But the company itself is not good at all. If you're interested in a job in this line of work, I strongly suggest looking at the other local companies first. There are plenty of them, and several of them have company cars and better benefits. Save this place for when you are truly desperate.
Amazing carrer with amazing bosses
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Hannibal, MOJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: insurance- good pay
Cons: hours may fluxuate depending on health of client, no pay for mileage
This type of job can be very hard on those who have never done some type of care-giving. However, I find it the easiest thing to do when you have clients that appreciate you and bosses that will work with anything that comes your way. They are amazing! The pay is pretty good, but the only thing about this job that I do not like is that you will not get paid for mileage. They do offer insurance, and it is very good insurance. A typical day at work can range from just running some errands to pay bills, or shopping from laundry to bed making to helping one shower and dress. The hardest part of the job is getting so attached to your clients, that sometimes you forget you have a family at home that needs you too! Co-workers are always eager to help out to the best of their ability. The most enjoyable part of this job is going to bed at night knowing you made a difference in someones world today, it could have meant life or death.
Great place to work NO JOB SECURITY
RN (Former Employee), Abingdon, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: self scheduling
Cons: management
I enjoyed my patients and the local site has great management. Corporate walked in one day and laid off people. Said after the first of the year we would be called back. Just looked at the job site and two jobs are posted for my position, not honest or reliable.
Rewoarding but going no were.
Caregiver (Current Employee), Rolla, MOSeptember 29, 2014
Job is rewarding however after almost 5 years an one raise later and no benefits I'm going no were fast. Also we haven't been able to keep good management for long before stress and higher ups run them off.
Overview of Avery Partners,LLC
Field Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Abingdon, VAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: compensations and salary very good and substantial.
Cons: much tension, fear of job loss constantly, and again no support system.
Taking care of the various patients is truly rewarding, fulfilling and have dedicated my life to these patients. Traveled to patient homes daily, and found this to be a calling in many respects, most of them really cared for me as well. Learned to be forthright and not be taken advantage of your kindness and hard work efforts in the work place independently, poor support system at the facility. Each co-worker had a separate agenda and worked each day, not much support there, no team work. The hardest part of the job was being in the "dark" about one's work performance since no evaluations were performed and little or no communication between employees and management.
Innovative in aspiring to be a comprehensive care plan for the elderly and disabled.
Banch Director (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2014
Pros: a company that was proactive in growing to an all-inclusive elder care service.
Cons: lack of support and consistancy from upper management
Worked with exceptional people who had a heart for others. I was Employed with this Company during an unknown transitioning period in which they where selling out to Gentiva Health Care. This possibly explains the lack of support from upper management. Overall the Company has adequate benefits, room to promote and grow within and the strength and size with Gentiva to be an industry leader.
The job
home Health Aide (Former Employee), Rolla, MOJune 17, 2014
I dont have good things to say about this job only because i didnt like the job. My boss was amazing but they asked more than they should of out of us for what we were paid.
Loving working with senior citizens.
PCA (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 9, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of my patients.
would recommend
Director of nursing (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: healthcare
love working for owners whom care about their patients the way they do.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 13, 2014
Pros: helping clients
I enjoy knowing and helping clients, I did not work with any co-workers, it was basically dealing one-on-one with clients assisting with care they needed and wanted which I enjoyed doing
warehouse with small office
Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2014
Pros: office was close to home
Cons: poor heat and a/c
Heavy cold calling and prospecting for clients. Contacting Drs. office on behalf of clients . Doing presentations at different venues.
Helping elderly and Disabled in their homes.
Home Health Caregiver (Former Employee), Park Hills, MOMarch 4, 2014
Helping Men and Women in their everyday needs in their home, along with doing some shopping for them also.
job has no advancement or has no better pay advances
Home Health Aide/CNA (Former Employee), terrell txFebruary 25, 2014
I did my job well but never was recognized for any extra thing that I had done for the clients or the company. I was never told you did well or thank you.
Caring for the elderly
Private Duty Sitter (Current Employee), Dothan, ALFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: rewarding and fulfilling
Cons: long hrs, no breaks away or lunches away from your client, but on the bright side you always have a lunch or dinner date, no insurance or benfits, and no room for growth or many raises, no over time pay.
Duties: Provide professional and individual care for my client/patient/resident. Provide emotional, physical, and at times, domestic care for my patient as well as their family. Help patient with their daily grooming needs. Cook for and feed patient as needed. Make sure my patient is safe and that all their needs are taken care of .

The most enjoyable part of my job is bringing joy and happiness to my clients. I do this by learning about my client and the things that they enjoy. I have learned since becoming a caregiver that being a bit silly and playful can help my clients open up to me.

I work well with my co-workers, and I often share things that I have learned about my client that will assist them in helping our client happier and gladly accept any information that will also aid me in doing the same. It is important to know as co-workers we are on the same team.

The hardest part of this job in my opinion is watching a client that you've grown to care about get sick, watch their health go done and losing your client to death.

The elderly have so much to teach the younger generations, so please take the time to get to know them.
Great communication and office staff
CNA (Current Employee), Hannibal, MOJanuary 30, 2014
Cons: pay rate
Being a Caregiver to numerous clients.
The management is certainly great. They are always available to help and are willing to do the best they can to help in any certain ways. The office staff calls daily to check up on the clients and to see how your day has gone.
The co-workers are always handy, they are all willing to pick up the phone if you have a question.
The hardest part of the job is defiantly leaving at the end of the day. Spending almost everyday with the clients really starts to grow on you and they become family.
The most enjoyable part of this job are has to be the time spent learning and hearing stories from everyone.
little training
Care Giver (Former Employee), West Plains, MONovember 26, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no job security
Even though the schedule was flexible and easily worked around school there was no job security and gave very little training.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Rolla, MONovember 11, 2013
Boring but good. I didn't enjoy sitting at a desk too much but I enjoyed the schedule

American Home Care Salaries