Operations Manager- Alarm Technician Performance
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, forward thinking and enthusiastic team environment? Do you have the entrepreneurial drive to help build a department from the ground up?
American Home Protection is a customer acquisition company for the security alarm industry. We acquire new subscribers for Monitronics International, the nation's largest two-way & interactive security service provider. American Home Protection specializes in creating and implementing national business-to-consumer direct response marketing campaigns that drive inbound sales calls to our state-of-the-art contact center headquartered in Mesa, AZ. We are passionate about helping provide peace of mind to American homeowners while ensuring they receive an unprecedented overall customer experience. Our goal is to "Earn a Customer for Life."
The primary influence of American Home Protection's success is its people. We differentiate ourselves by having a relentless pursuit in building a foundation of dedicated, enthusiastic employees that live and share our set of company core values. We are a purpose driven organization that permits unlimited personal and career growth opportunity through our unique learning, training, and leadership development systems.
The primary function of the Operations Manager- Alarm Technician Performance is to take an ownership role in building and developing our Alarm Technician Performance Department. The Operations Manager will be responsible for the multiple facets of the Alarm Technician Department including an active role in recruiting, hiring, training, developing, and scaling the growth of the alarm technician staff team. This is a high visibility position and the Operations Manager- Alarm Technician Performance will report directly to the CEO.
The Operations Manager will primarily work inside our office while managing most of our Alarm Technician staff remotely. Up to 5-10% travel.
- Full responsibility for recruiting and hiring of residential alarm installation technicians remotely throughout the U.S.
- Full accountability of Alarm Technician installation completion percentage, average job ticket amount (upselling product), and quality of work
- Work harmoniously with our Field Supervisors and Alarm Technicians towards the successful attainment of daily, weekly, monthly, and annual performance goals and “overall customer experience” standards
- Create and implement Alarm Technician training and new hire onboarding processes
- Create and implement on-going training and career development curriculum for Alarm Technician staff
- Ensure proper policies and procedures are being followed by Alarm Technician staff
- Serve as a primary point of contact for Field Supervisors and Alarm Technicians
- Ensure all Alarm Technicians have adequate tools and resources in order to reach performance expectations
- Conduct inspirational and motivational written and verbal communication to the Alarm Technician staff
- Create and make adjustments as needed to the technician “Schedule of Work” handbook/ agreement
- Understand and comply with Alarm Company and Alarm Technician licensing requirements/ codes at a State and Local jurisdiction level
- Provide disciplinary action and/ or termination of Alarm Technician staff
- Manage key performance metric reports for Alarm Technician department
- Provide analysis and process improvement action points to the CEO
- Provide recognition to Alarm Technician team members for reaching goals and top performance
- Continually make enhancements to CRM functionality
Skills/ Qualifications Needed:
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Verifiable career history with proven track record of success
- Progressive career path with 7+ years of Technical Operations management
- 3+ years experience installation/ service maintenance of low voltage systems
- 3+ years experience installation of residential/commercial alarm systems PREFERRED
- 3+ years experience with managing employees/ contractors remotely
- 2+ years experience with employee/ contractor recruiting cycles
- 2+ years experience managing or directing sales/ upsells
- Operations Manager position or Technical Operations leadership capacity at current/ most recent employer
- Strong analytical, organization, and planning skills
- Proven success working for a start-up business with a quick scale-up growth plan preferred
- Residential alarm installation experience preferred, however, training will be provided in order to achieve an Advanced to Expert level of understanding of the alarm installation process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead by example
- Intermediate knowledge of sales technologies and CRM systems
- Strong work ethic and “do whatever it takes” attitude
- Sense of humor
- Ability to take a proactive approach with assignments
- Competitive base salary
- Performance based incentives tied to operations team production AND overall company success
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision benefits reimbursement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- PTO and paid Holidays
- Company sponsored professional workshops for career development
- Gym membership reimbursement plan
- Casual dress code
- Enthusiastic, results driven and team-oriented work environment
- Career growth opportunities include:
- Director of Operations
- VP of Operations
American Home Protection is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
- For immediate consideration, please respond with a COVER LETTER explaining why you feel you are an ideal fit for this career opportunity and SALARY EXPECTATIONS. Resumes submitted without the COVER LETTER and SALARY EXPECTATIONS will NOT be considered*