American Home Shield

American Home Shield Employer Reviews

Hard work and must be self starter
Renewal Sale's Consultant (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: you can win great prizes
Cons: difficult to make goal
Overall I made great money for and from this company. Everyday was sweat and tears to meet required standards.
Not a good company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 1, 2014
Pros: coworkers are very friendly
Cons: no communication with management & reps, will schedule you whatever they feel even if you can't work it
They pay is very decent & not bad. But the company does not care about their employees & there's not many opportunities for advancement. Cool job for short term but wouldn't recommend it for anything long term
Horrible company to work for-AHS
customer service authorizer (Current Employee), Memphis, TnSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management, insurance
This was the most horrible company that I've ever worked for. Most of the management not understanding, and plays favoritism. Pay was great. The management didn't know how to run the company or what metrics the employee was to meet, yet they were quick to write the employees up. Insurance was also very expensive.
Seasonal Customer Service Agent
Dispatcher Associate I (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2014
American Home Shield only hires seasonal or part-time for customer service unless you are bilingual. You do have the opportunity to get promoted to another department but it's based off your performance and attendance.
very demanding, guidelines make poor customer service.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), LaGrange, GASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: limited time with each customer
The daily task for this job is to assist people in three minutes or less with any need they may have. This leads to issue for bad customer service.
taking break
Customer Service Billigual Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: working with boss and learning from him
Cons: taking 15mins breaks every 2:30
taking hr lunch and having fun and learning to do the job right working with the boss
call center
AR, AP, OAP Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: etime
Cons: call center
The most enjoyable part of this job was etime. Etime is when you are called & asked do you want to go home because there isn't enough work.
Job
Inbound/Outbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), MemphisSeptember 4, 2014
Its a job & somebody has to do it. Talk with customers all day about household issues
Productive and overall good company
Real Estate Sales Rep (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAAugust 25, 2014
Answered calls and inputted home warrantys. Co-workers are very friendly. Great company and benefits.
Authorizer/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Memphis, TnAugust 11, 2014
Process work orders for the company. Authorize payments for techs approval to repair appliances as well as HVAC...
Good company
NA (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 31, 2014
Great company to work for. Looking forward to recommending others as well.
Customer Service Representative
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
I enjoyed working with customers and I enjoyed learning new skills
A wonderful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: health benefits, paid vacation, 401k
Cons: sometimes unable to meet a customers needs due to terms of their contract
** Everyday would consist of answering the phone for customers calling for assistance with their home warranty. To assist customers work orders are placed, payments are received, and calls to other companies providing services are made. Also, internal calls are made to other departments for sales, authorizations, purchasing, and supervisors. The hardest – more... part of this job is when a customer is extremely upset because their needs haven't been met. Sometimes the problem could be corrected and other times their problem would be a violation of their contract such as a homeowner requesting services on something not covered or a homeowner's limit of service had been exceeded. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with. We also seemed to help lift each other up when the other had a bad call. Also, there were many opportunities to advance in the company. – less
Unrealistic expectations for assisting customers
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lagrange, GeorgiaJune 26, 2014
a typical day would consist of answering phones and assisting homeowner with request, contracts, or account information. the overall experience at ahs has been great management and co-workers are wonderful it has kind of a family aspect within the different departments. I believe the hardest part of the job is the unrealistic expectation for assisting – more... customers as far as ahs procedures and having to relay such info to customers or the fact that we can't relay such info to the customers i understand the procedures as far as the company point of view but for the people in the working field its not fair. the most enjoyable part has to be assisting customers and the bond you create with the company, management, and co-workers – less
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAJune 23, 2014
Pros: reps are able to advance with the company
Cons: ahs put time frame on helping customers, stats counts against you when helping co-workers or asking for help from supv
co-workers Ive worked with were great.
typical day at work is always some chances made and sometimes are not always relayed to all reps so we could be on same page. Reps not following all guidelines then when It boils down, the last rep that answers call have to figure out what is going on.
Management- could be better in all dept. I think most of them – more... need to be at their desk for reps to ask questions or for help because it goes against another rep's stats if have to help co-workers.
hardest part of job is holding your tongue and not letting customer get you out of your character. I think meeting stats when its busy with all the forms and things that have to be taken care of before end of shift.
most enjoyable part of job, knowing its time to clock out and not think about work until next morn. – less
Negative Management/Poor Training/Tons of Hours & Stress
Account Executive (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 29, 2014
Pros: worked from home
Cons: neglected territory - upper management - no encouragement
Was totally excited about the opportunity at first, then they realigned states and I was put under a critical, negative manager who delegated every question he was ever asked to the team (don't even think he knew the answers) and never had anything positive to say! I worked very hard - tons of hours - tons of driving - and my numbers were steadily on – more... the rise, but my efforts were never even acknowledged. I was constantly badgered by my immediate supervisor, had to log every moment of every day and I'm sure he didn't even read any of it because he had no idea the progress I was making or the relationships I was building in such a short time. I sent in compliments from the field and customer reviews and he never even commented or acknowledged them! The territory had been ignored for years, and the numbers were improving each month, but I was let go for lack of performance! Tons of changes constantly - in the short time I was there, they merged with a competitor and the President of Sales was fired. Stay away. – less
High turn over rate for a reason
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAMay 22, 2014
Pros: training, shift differential
Cons: no flexibility with time off
A typical day is answering phones all day and trying to not have too long of calls or hold times. Time moves slow most of the time and the company is all about your "stats". Some days you will like it and the next day you will hate it. Training is thorough.
I was able to work from home.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), LaGrange, GAMay 14, 2014
Pros: pay is pretty good
Cons: not much chance for advancement
I enjoyed working from home, but, at the same time I missed seeing people.
Great Company
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 5, 2014
Great company, management fast paced enviroment. Fun Place to work.
Call Center Environment
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher II (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 29, 2014
Pros: over time
Cons: scheduling
Address customer concerns and executing requests.
Dispatch work orders to contractors.
Customer Service Trainer.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Home Shield

ServiceMaster merrily mows, scrubs, sprays, and trims. A giant in its industry, the company serves millions of┬ácommercial and – Read more