American Home Shield Employee Reviews

stressful & mgmt wouldn't assist Not trained correctly for the job
Full service call center representative (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAFebruary 22, 2017
Extremely busy & when needed a manager they were not to be found. Any issue that occurred rather your fault or not you were held accountable & not the actual person that created the issue. The atmosphere was gloomy & the employees don't smile.
Pros
overtime
Cons
horrible mgmt
Many changes in corporate have drastically reduced respect for employees.
Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 20, 2017
We are micro-managed in the extreme due to the hiring of many uneducated applicants. Seniority means nothing and we are monitored and rated with a bogus system
Productive and friendly environment to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAFebruary 15, 2017
Solved customer service issues. Scheduled appointments for repair. Answered & sent emails daily. Answered phone calls daily. Received payments for services conducted & set up payment plans.
Pros
Nice lunch breaks & free gifts, great management team
Cons
Better retirement program
N/a
Customer Service Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoy my coworkers, but I would not recommend this company to family or friends. This is not a company you can move up in.
Good workplace environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 5, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers
Most days are good, the other days the customer can make your job harder than it is
Easy to go grow within the company depending on which department your working
Management is not always reliable when it comes to get solution done for customer's
Productive and nice work place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 20, 2017
Take calls helping customers with questions they have about their home warranty..Sell warranties as well..I love speaking with different customers
Pros
FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT
Cons
GREAT BENEFITS
Fun enviroment to work in.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 18, 2017
I loved being able to talk to people from different places in the world. That part of the job was so exciting that you almost could not wait to answer the next call to see who you would have to opportunity to speak with this time.
Pros
luncheons
Cons
short breaks
Good Job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 15, 2017
Good job. Good pay. Call center. Summer time is when you see the big bucks! Not a bad place to work at all. Nothing bad to say about AHS
Great Entry Level Career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 26, 2016
good co to work for there is room for advancement if you do what you are suppose to. only con is work life balance. Must posse real customer service skills lots of irate customer and rude co workers
Cons
work life balance
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GADecember 16, 2016
Pretty good company with good pay hours aren't flexible enough for mother's with small children they are very syrivt5on attendance and policies. Overall great place to work.
customer service
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  MemphisDecember 13, 2016
I learned a lot on the computer through microsoft and enjoyed my coworkers. I had a great boss and provided with me correct and full training to perform my daily tasks.
Productive work enviroment
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 1, 2016
Over the 18+ years I had the opportunity to mentor, coach and train many associates with many success stories. The company went through many changes in structure and management over the years. Productivity drive center at this time.
Very stressful work environment
Authorizations Representative (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 28, 2016
The typical work day for me was full of stress due to the nature of customer service. I received technical training in home systems and appliances and that training will always be beneficial to me. The hardest part of my job was trying to keep up the required performance pace. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was successful in meeting and satisfying the needs of the customers.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Cost of healthcare insurance, high level stress
Very cold environment
Authorizations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNOctober 8, 2016
Authorizing my technicians.I learned something new everyday. I love my co-workers.Changes and worring about being fired next. I love helping people. High turn over rate. Lacks professionalism. It was a great place to work one time.
Pros
ADVANCEMENT
Cons
HIGH TURN OVER RATE-PROFESSIONALISM-DRESS CODE
Great money, good work, but doesn't look at the whole picture for the customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IASeptember 20, 2016
Was gong on 6 years working there and I was great at my job, and had been there for many years, my supervisor knew I was excellent at my job, and the only reason my CPH was a bit lower was because I actually communicated with the customer and resolved issues for them. Once I got switched to a new Supervisor, after a while I got terminated. The reason being that my CPH was .02 points below the objective. All my other goals were met and exceeding what they needed to be. I am sorry that I would not just pass off a customer to yet another representative (Supv helpline) to have their problem resolved when I was able to help them myself. The amount of Kudos I received reflected how the the customers were satisfied with me.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GA 30240September 1, 2016
AHS was an great place to work, the pay was excellent and weekly the only con I would have is only 30 minute lunches and no eating at the cubicles. The call volume did peak once the summer months started to roll in due to the company being a home warranty company. Nice environment.
Resourceful Company
Previous Experience (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 18, 2016
American Home Shield is a great starter career opportunity for students right out of high school or college. This company is not for an established adult that is seeking an career opportunity for growth and development or an retirement opportunity. The company does alot of employee engagement activities, which was always an positive aspect. The company over the last year has changed, at times for the better and times for the worst. I would highly recommend working for American Home Shield for just for a lateral move for starting a career, not building a career on. The company is extremely resourceful and you can learn alot that will be useful or benefital elsewhere. You must come to work, on time and actually work or you will get terminated. So being said it's not a job for someone that isn't willing to give 100% everyday.
Pros
Employee engagement
Cons
Hire turnover rate
Awesome
Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IAAugust 17, 2016
Awesome place to work at, enjoyed my co workers and learning new skills each week. They provide excellent training along with helpful guidance with each department
Pros
lunches, massage chairs
Very good money for the location, but very very stressful
Appliance Purchasing/Customer Service rep (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 9, 2016
At this job mandatory overtime is pretty much a requirement every day, Shifts do change you are not guaranteed to stay on the shift you are hired for. You are held to a very high standard with no reward for performing at a much higher rate then others. The only positive side of this job is the money.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 9, 2016
The work environment is very relaxed and very family oriented. The staff is very knowledgeable and able to assist wit hall work related issues. Great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Home Shield. Our community is ready to answer.

American Home Shield Reviews by Location