American Homepatient

American Homepatient United States Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the people I worked with and the overall job.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Had fun work outings.
Loved the department that I worked in and the people I worked with. Enjoyed the job. Learned how to bill major medical insurance companies. Communicated directly with clients that had questions and concern about their bills. My direct supervisor was great and fun to work with. I loved the people, they were a lot of fun!
Best call center i have worked at
Cpap Specialist (Former Employee), Longview, TXApril 3, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits and health insurance and not bad pay
Cons: Not much as far as advancement is concerned, they are not reasonable when it comes to children being sick or dr's notes.
This place is not bad to work at. The work is not bad and the pay and benefits are ok as well. I just couldnt stand to answer phones anymore.
Excellent company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Worthington, OHApril 1, 2015
A typical day at work was never typical. Two days were never the same. Very busy, fast paced environment with wonderful coworkers. Management was very knowledgeable and friendly.
Productive and Confident
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Decorah, IAMarch 27, 2015
American HomePatient was a great employer to work for. All of the employers work great together at getting each task completed to their best ability. Dealing with patients everyday that were very pleased with the service they got from each employer was a very rewarding feeling.
Envoronment
Insurance Verify Rep (Former Employee), Webster, NYMarch 17, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: no room for advancement
Answer phones, Verify insurance, obtain pre-auth for DME services, collect co-pay, maintain a clean work environment, order supplies and schedule deliveries and pick-up.
Favoritism and little chance for advancement
Equipment Service Technician (Current Employee), VirginiaMarch 4, 2015
Pros: friendly patients
Cons: over worked and no recognition.poor management
Too high of a workload with minimal technicians.Poor customer service personnel in office. And very poor management.The hardest part of my job is trying to pacify patients whom have been misled about delivery dates and or equipment.The best part of my job is getting to meet people and making them feel comfortable with the equipment that I am setting them up with.
office work environment
Collector (Current Employee), Philipsburg, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: schedule, pleasant work environment
Cons: difficult work load
American Homepatient is a durable medical equipment company. I work at the billing center. We handle the billing for many of our branch stores, I spend my day sending claims and checking progress of submitted claims to various insurance companies. The most enjoyable thing about my job is my coworkers.
Very Busy office, working with patients very satisfying and rewarding
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Each day was different, that is what made it so interesting. I learned a lot about insurance, verifying eligibility and benefits for patients. Learned medical terms and ICD-9 Codes for Billing and Insurance requirements, The management was good, and the volume of business and duties required made the day go by fast. Was a good learning experience and an overall great place to work.
Awesome place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee), Longview, TXFebruary 10, 2015
A very big call center with lots of great people. You have opportunities to experience working in different departments and learning new things about sleep apnea. This is a great company to work for.
productive and fun workplace
CSR (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 27, 2014
I loved working for American Homepatient we were all like family it was a great working environment.
Pretty nice place to work when I was left alone.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Paragould ArkansasSeptember 25, 2014
I really enjoyed working with the customers but when management or the respiratory therapist would come in it was very hard. They had foul mouths and were full of gossip.
Wish I knew then what I know now
CSR (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: work hours and week; helping patients
Cons: pay
I worked for the company itself for 3 years, the company itself is not structured the way it should be or how it was. As, far as taking care of the patients needs, the company does what they can. They do not know how to reward a good employee or make them feel appreciated for the hard work they do.
Low quality office space misguided management.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Hamburg, NYSeptember 16, 2014
The management at this place can't get out of their own way. They manage by threats, the pay is low, and they never explain the bonus structure.
challenging
CRTT/Account Executive (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: you are just a body
Working for corporate has it pros and cons, company has good benefits other than that they do don't have much to offer.
Laid back environment
CRQ Specialist-Insurance Verification (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAAugust 19, 2014
Co-workers hard to get to know. Positions eliminated with no prior knowledge.
Average place to work.
CPAP SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Nashville TNAugust 15, 2014
I enjoyed resolving computer and laptop issues for customers.
"Those who go above and beyond change people's lives" ~ Glen Kamps
Account Executive (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great team. helping patients/doctors.
Cons: lack of managerial direction
Sleep apnea is one of those "conditions" where some people take it seriously, and some do not. The important part of my job is to educate physicians and our patients that our company takes it seriously. Obviously, a company needs to profit on their services and/or "goods"; however, we do want our patients to realize that their condition could be life-threatening, or as simple as giving them a good night's sleep for the first time many years.

My main concern is for the patients that I never see, nor do I meet. The remedy for sleep apnea is not an easy one to become acclimated to, but it is so rewarding when patients and their physicians are so grateful that our products help save lives or, at the very least, have gotten a restful sleep. Lack of sleep never killed anyone, but it sure can make life difficult.
WALK ON EGG SHELLS
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 31, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: hostile work environment
MANAGEMENT IS NOT VERY GOOD AT HOW THEY TREAT EMPLOYEES. VERY HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT.
A rewarding disappointment.
Delivery Driver / Service Technician (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 5, 2014
Pros: very freindly at first, lunches, comfortable uniforms, family events, good humor.
Cons: their true nature, lazy ambitious people with no concern for others
The job gave my the opportunity to help those in need, I saw so much fear and sorrow in the people I visited, to be able to address their concerns, and ease their worries gave me something that you cannot buy. As I learned more, and became involved with the business end of the facility, I saw such ugliness that even without the increase in my workload due to the firing of the 2nd driver, and the pass the buck attitude, I had to quit that job on a moral standpoint. Once they showed their disrespect of the people in need I knew I could never trust these people.
Unrealistic Expectations and Poor Compensation
Physician's Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Concord, NCJune 3, 2014
Pros: the relationships you build with physicians and staff
Cons: unrealistic expectations, compensation
The company used to be a great place to work. Their patient service was the best in the industry which made it an easy sell. With changes in insurance reimbursement, they have cut the sales reps compensation in half. If you have a college education you will not do well here. The moral of staff is so low and the expectations of management so high, that the only positive in this company is the help you provide to COPD and CHF patients. The managers are very good at passing on the blame for poor productivity and you are replaceable which they don't pass up the opportunity to let you know that. This company has lost 2 large insurance carriers and they still expect the sales staff to grow the business with unrealistic goals. Instead of helping you and compensating you for your efforts, they degrade you. It's not in the words but in their actions. If you are new to sales in the medical field, this is a good start for experience, but financially you will not be able to survive. You can bring business in all day long but because of being short staffed and having so many people involved in processing an order, the service is bad which reflects on you. The billing center is extremely inept. They don't f/u with patients and consistently send out billing errors. It makes your job that much harder when they are constantly complaining to their physicians. Sad what this company has become.

1 2 3 4

About American Homepatient

American HomePatient is making sure no one is home alone when it comes to health care. American HomePatient provides home health – Read more

American Homepatient Salaries