AMERICAN HOSPICE

AMERICAN HOSPICE Employee Reviews

CNA
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), McKinney, TXApril 24, 2015
It was great working with this company. I really enjoyed the people and office staff that I was employed by. I am a friendly and open person to work with.
The people were very nice and helpful and I enjoyed the work that I did very much.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: going in early and getting off early
Cons: an hour for lunch instead of a half hour
I type 45 WPM, 14,000 Keystrokes per hour with 98% accuracy. I have 10 years experience in Data Entry, and Accounts Payable. I am a very detailed and very organized person, very dependable, very flexible, enjoy helping my fellow employee, very conscientious, very motivated, very dedicated to my work, I also have excellent customer service skills and problem-solving skills. I learned a lot by listening, taking a lot of notes, and working very hard. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people. The hardest part was becoming emotionally involved with the long-term care patients who I really got attached to. The management team was great. There was not a typical day at work. Everyday was different. The overall rating for the company should be a 10.
Learned so much about being a nurse
LVN Asst PCC and Crisis Care Nurse (Former Employee), Denton TexasFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great location with wonderful staff
Cons: full time employee and couldnt provide full time wook
Always in dedicated to them for guiding me to become such a well rounded nurse. Good Training Program, Good team environment
Always someone to give me a proper answer,
great workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Mckinney, TXJanuary 29, 2015
I loved the atmosphere the company in all was a great company. managment was there to help all the way through
Poorly run company
Human Resource Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 8, 2014
Cons: n/a
Company no longer in business. Very disorganized. Management not supportive
Not a great place to work
None (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2014
Cons: everything
There is a reason they are not profitable and have a high turnover rate.
CNA (Former Employee), PhoenixJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: leaving
Best part of the job is making sure the patient is taken care of.
planing activities for the residents is something i love to do. seeing that each person in the activities are having fun is all that matters to me.
patients and families are awsome...co-workers upper managment not so good
CNA (Current Employee), richmond vaFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: patients and familys/ schedule your day
Cons: no team work.... upper management only care about their selves
They treat you like slaves being a aide is a hard job.. you will drive your car into the ground no matter how hard you work you will not get over time. No need to talk to anyone about issues going on on the job no one will listen on correct the problem they are all about keeping the numbers up. BEWARE it may look like a great place to work but from experince its not! If they dont like you they will work against you to get rid of you. if not for the parients i woudnt still be here!!
Stay very Far Away
RN (Former Employee), Richmond VaJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, patients are wonderful
Cons: management is useless
Used to be a great company to work for. In the past 2 to 3 years there have been many changes and not good ones. They continue to give staff more and more responsibilities with no compensation and no regard to employees feelings or situations. Telling Nurses that they must do call with no regards to the fact that there are several single mothers that work there. I am not a single mother but am appalled at the lack of respect for these employees. Current management does not know what they are doing.
No job stability. They will lay you off WHEN the census falls..and it will fall
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Richmond VirginiaJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: the patients and their families
Cons: the company as a whole.
This company is about the only one in the area that has a history of laying off employees when their census drops. But the interesting part, is that when their census rises again, they dont even consider the employees back for rehire. They have even extended job offers to people, and revoked them while the person was working out their notice on their old job because of their census. They have the cheapest supplies that they give their patients and cut corners in patient care to save money.There is no job security or stability in this company, its all about the bottom dollar!
Not the Same
CNA (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: politics, management
It originally started out as a great company to work for, but as time went on it became an extremely unprofessional place to work. Management will lie on you to have you fired or demoted in your position simply because they dont like you. Upper level management had inappropiate relationships with each other. This in turn affected the workers because of favoritism being shown. The pay was good but horribly expensive benefits. In the end it was not about the patients but making money for the company that mattered the most.
We all felt like a family
Marketing Area Manager (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXDecember 26, 2013
Pros: meeting the exspectations of a patient and there family
Cons: looseing my contacts to compettitors
I take the target market that is assigned and list every possible free standing entity that has multiple diagnosis that qualify a patient to receive an education about this free help them and there families.
After listing my possibilities my are I like to make 12 -15 visits, i locate medical director's in the nurse and assisted livings. I love the fact that I get to supply a free service that lacks education and I dislike putting in 6 years of growth up to 100 to 160 a year and lose my job to the corp .marketing director.
The most rewarding job on earth
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXDecember 13, 2013
Pros: everyday is a blessing !!
Cons: it was very difficult to say 'goodbye' to great patients.
This job required me to meet with terminally ill patients. My daily goal was to simply find a way to be a blessing to a family member, friend and patient everyday while relieving them of worries that came along with end of life.
Stressful and Uncaring
Nurse (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 4, 2013
Cons: poor management
Certain management needs to learn Management 101. It's a business but it can't function without the employees. There is life outside of work.
WONDERFUL
Criitcal Care Teca CNA (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2013
I loved working here. I would go back to work there in a second,
Look down on CNA
family member (Former Employee), Virginia BeachSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: look down on their cna
Run as fast as you can! The CNA drive their wheels off the cars over a month will go by with no travel pay. The CNA are treated badly. Management have poor skills. Some of nurses smile in your face then talk about the clients houses how it look inside. The Richmond and Newport News office need to take a class on good management skills
I can just say different
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 18, 2013
Really don't know how to say what I want to say they done things a lot different than other places I have worked.
NO BALANCE BETWEEN WORK AND HOME
RN (Current Employee), VAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: schedule your day
Cons: upper management look at numbers only and not acuity of patients
They will work the RN half to death. They won't give you any help when you ask. In the Fredericksburg office they expect the RN to casemanage AND take call 1 week at a time. If you are out all night you still have to see patients the next day because there are no other staff to help. You basically work 200+ hours per pay period (salary employee so they really make out to save money). If the management in the Richmond office don't like you then they will get rid of you. It is probably the worst place I've worked due to upper management.
I learned a lot about Hospice and the end of life care.
Patient Care Secretary (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 29, 2013
Pros: great opportunity
Cons: the end of life for patients.
This position provided me an opportunity to utilize many skills and assist many co-workers.
RN's: run if you value your license
RN (former employee) (Former Employee), Phoenix AZJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: some management helpful; pay was ok.
Cons: has grown too large; uncaring management. poor work/life balance.
Another 'for profit' that tries to act like they care for the patients. If you love marketing, marketing and more marketing, this is the job for you.

Run away!!!