AMERICAN HOSPICE Employee Reviews

Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Wonderful place to work with fun people a balanced life and the office people actually helped you along with the field people.
Pros
great hours and pay
Cons
the place closed
Started out great crashed and burnt for me
HHA C.N.A. (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CASeptember 27, 2016
I am not sure any more its been some time thst has passed i worked for tgem becauze i love people and im very fasinated with health care its aesome the team i worked eith was very good very careing
Pros
flex schedules
Cons
Improving by leaps and bounds each day
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Tappahannock, VAFebruary 28, 2016
I have seen such an improvement with our company over the last year. Management has changed greatly. I would recommend others give them a try. They are trying to make the right changes to help our company grow and succeed. I love working with my patients and the families that so desperately need our help. Very rewarding job.
Pros
Flexible schedule and management taking the time to listen
Cons
Health benefits could improve
Humbling experience
Hospice Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 20, 2016
I had the most humbling opportunity to provide my GOD given gift in comforting terminally ill patients and their families with pride and dignity. working with the staff of Nurse's, Social Worker's and Doctor's were amazing. Before the large merge, I enjoyed EVERY MINUTE!
Pros
Started off small and family owned
Cons
Merged
Flexible schedule
Hospice Aide/ CNA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2015
The schedule is very flexible but you need to know what your plans are an entire month in advance. They pay overtime unlike some homecare agencies.
Couldn't recommend
RN (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 14, 2015
This used to be a great company to work for and allowed staff to provide quality care. Many, many changes over the past 2 years with very high turnover. Poor management - not interested in listening to staff to make it better. Just concerned about money- not patient care.
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 24, 2015
It was great working with this company. I really enjoyed the people and office staff that I was employed by. I am a friendly and open person to work with.
The people were very nice and helpful and I enjoyed the work that I did very much.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 27, 2015
I type 45 WPM, 14,000 Keystrokes per hour with 98% accuracy. I have 10 years experience in Data Entry, and Accounts Payable. I am a very detailed and very organized person, very dependable, very flexible, enjoy helping my fellow employee, very conscientious, very motivated, very dedicated to my work, I also have excellent customer service skills and problem-solving skills. I learned a lot by listening, taking a lot of notes, and working very hard. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people. The hardest part was becoming emotionally involved with the long-term care patients who I really got attached to. The management team was great. There was not a typical day at work. Everyday was different. The overall rating for the company should be a 10.
Pros
Going in early and getting off early
Cons
An hour for lunch instead of a half hour
Learned so much about being a nurse
LVN Asst PCC and Crisis Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denton TexasFebruary 13, 2015
Always in dedicated to them for guiding me to become such a well rounded nurse. Good Training Program, Good team environment
Always someone to give me a proper answer,
Pros
Great location with wonderful staff
Cons
Full time employee and couldnt provide full time wook
great workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mckinney, TXJanuary 29, 2015
I loved the atmosphere the company in all was a great company. managment was there to help all the way through
Poorly run company
Human Resource Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 8, 2014
Company no longer in business. Very disorganized. Management not supportive
Pros
Cons
N/a
Not a great place to work
None (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2014
There is a reason they are not profitable and have a high turnover rate.
Pros
Cons
everything
patients and families are awsome...co-workers upper managment not so good
CNA (Current Employee) –  richmond vaFebruary 28, 2014
They treat you like slaves being a aide is a hard job.. you will drive your car into the ground no matter how hard you work you will not get over time. No need to talk to anyone about issues going on on the job no one will listen on correct the problem they are all about keeping the numbers up. BEWARE it may look like a great place to work but from experince its not! If they dont like you they will work against you to get rid of you. if not for the parients i woudnt still be here!!
Pros
patients and familys/ schedule your day
Cons
NO team work.... upper management only care about their selves
Stay very Far Away
RN (Former Employee) –  Richmond VaJanuary 8, 2014
Used to be a great company to work for. In the past 2 to 3 years there have been many changes and not good ones. They continue to give staff more and more responsibilities with no compensation and no regard to employees feelings or situations. Telling Nurses that they must do call with no regards to the fact that there are several single mothers that work there. I am not a single mother but am appalled at the lack of respect for these employees. Current management does not know what they are doing.
Pros
great coworkers, patients are wonderful
Cons
management is useless
No job stability. They will lay you off WHEN the census falls..and it will fall
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond VirginiaJanuary 3, 2014
This company is about the only one in the area that has a history of laying off employees when their census drops. But the interesting part, is that when their census rises again, they dont even consider the employees back for rehire. They have even extended job offers to people, and revoked them while the person was working out their notice on their old job because of their census. They have the cheapest supplies that they give their patients and cut corners in patient care to save money.There is no job security or stability in this company, its all about the bottom dollar!
Pros
The patients and their families
Cons
The company as a whole.
Not the Same
CNA (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 1, 2014
It originally started out as a great company to work for, but as time went on it became an extremely unprofessional place to work. Management will lie on you to have you fired or demoted in your position simply because they dont like you. Upper level management had inappropiate relationships with each other. This in turn affected the workers because of favoritism being shown. The pay was good but horribly expensive benefits. In the end it was not about the patients but making money for the company that mattered the most.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Politics, Management
We all felt like a family
Marketing Area Manager (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXDecember 26, 2013
I take the target market that is assigned and list every possible free standing entity that has multiple diagnosis that qualify a patient to receive an education about this free help them and there families.
After listing my possibilities my are I like to make 12 -15 visits, i locate medical director's in the nurse and assisted livings. I love the fact that I get to supply a free service that lacks education and I dislike putting in 6 years of growth up to 100 to 160 a year and lose my job to the corp .marketing director.
Pros
meeting the Exspectations of a patient and there family
Cons
Looseing my contacts to compettitors
The most rewarding job on earth
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 13, 2013
This job required me to meet with terminally ill patients. My daily goal was to simply find a way to be a blessing to a family member, friend and patient everyday while relieving them of worries that came along with end of life.
Pros
Everyday is a blessing !!
Cons
It was very difficult to say 'goodbye' to great patients.
Stressful and Uncaring
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 4, 2013
Certain management needs to learn Management 101. It's a business but it can't function without the employees. There is life outside of work.
Cons
Poor Management
Wonderful
Criitcal Care Teca CNA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2013
I loved working here. I would go back to work there in a second,