American Hospital Association

American Hospital Association United States Employee Reviews

Good company culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: Uncertainty due to financial situation.
Relaxed, open door, good company to work for.
Great benefits.
Offers career advancement.
The Association take care of the employees health.
Very nice people, but organizational structure is a little cumbersome and confusing.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2014
Good people work here and intend to do a good job. I found the culture tended more towards "embrace the status quo" than "challenge the status quo". It didn't really fit well with my motivation. But that was just me, I know many people are very happy at AHA and feel challenged in their roles.
Scheduling appointments
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: not stressful, great work environment
Cons: temporary job
At the American Hospital Association, I would schedule appointments for the managers that I supported with Hospital CEO's regarding their donations. I would also do administrative work such as, filing, answering calls, data entry, etc. The management was great and my co-workers were very helpful in assisting whenever possible. I would have to say the most enjoyable part was interacting with my co-workers.
Needs better leadership
Field Engagement Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2014
Leaders lack insite. The company is generous with the time given to get healthy.
Productive workplace with large scale projects
Research Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2014
Productive workplace with large scale projects. Ability to work with multiple external partners is intersting.
Good company, awesome benefits
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2014
Pros: job security, great company culture
Cons: few advancement opportunities
Great place to work with amazing people. Amazing job security if you are willing to work hard.
Productive , innovative and hard working envoirnment
Sales specialist-Marketing Project (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: working remote, flexiblity, lunches, snacks, gym
-Read updates on the heath care industry related to American Hospital Association and organizations affiliated with the company.
-Calling vendors to sell the marketing Website we will be launching.
-Setting follow ups, creating leads.
-Have meeting everyday at the end of the day to go over accomplishments for the day and Goals for the following day sharing strategies and new ideas to achieve better results.
-I definitely got better with creating and contributing the ideas towards the marketing project.
-Management is constantly involved in supporting the new ideas and with implementation.
-Co-workers are team players, even though we work in a Sales environment, all of them help each other out to stay on the same page.
-The only challenging part of the Job is deadlines are too close, with very less time, but i love challenges which is why i have always been in sales.
-The best part of the job is great staff to work with. Makes a huge difference
Great place
Executive Assistant, Policy Department (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2013
Love the people, the environment, and the management. It's a great place to work.
A rural hospital serving the extremely varied needs of a small community.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Atchison KSSeptember 2, 2013
As a staff RN and house supervisor, it was exciting to come to work, not knowing what challenges you would face. The community is well served by this hospital, whether it be within the facility, or in conjunction with the area's larger, teaching hospitals.
Innovative and forward thinking professional
Program Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2013
Proven business acumen and ability to interact, communicate and work effectively with executives and the C-suite. Dedicated to maintaining knowledge of innovative information or technologies that impact the industry. Demonstrated working knowledge of legal agreements, concept, terms and negotiation; process improvement knowledge and expertise.
Passionate, mission based organization
Professional (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2012
Pros: great benefits, free gym, discounted massage, reflexology and accupuncture
Cons: extremely busy work environment with type a personalities
The American Hospital Association attracts passionate team players, who are focused on progressing the nation's healthcare system. We are heavily involved in improving the patient experience at hospitals across America.
Associate Executive Director (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2012
I learned how to be a strategic leader. I came to the organization without a solid background in association management and was provided the opportunity to learn and grow.
Great Work Environment
DataEntry/CustomerService Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Working with customer for magazine subscription.
Everyone is a great teamplayer and willing to work with you
A place to develop to become a true professional in the healthcare field
temporary resource assistant (Former Employee), 840 N. Lake Shore DriveFebruary 22, 2012
Pros: supportive staff
Cons: black friday happened while i worked there.
The Resource Center was always occupied by incoming researchers in medicine and healthcare management. Changed my viewpoint on what is accepted as a true curriculum to be hired in an entry-level job.