American Hospital Association Employee Reviews

Worked on a membership drive creating new profiles
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2017
I spent most days in front of a PC entering data from the many forms that the clients completed. This was a very pc intensive position. I also utilized Microsoft Access to create a database of all the information that was given to me. The workplace culture was very relaxed. My manger would stop in periodically to check on me but wouldn't hover.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, laid back.
Cons
Extended period of sitting in front of a pc doing repetitive work.
A. Daniels Review
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 12, 2017
I loved the people at the American Hospital association it was a very enjoyable place to work. When you arrive at work your walkways greeted by the security with a warm welcome and also by the front desk staff as well. Typically Monday morning meetings are taking place and all staff our welcome to attend. Breakfast is served free of charge on Friday mornings. The hardest part off working at AHA is the traffic downtown. The most enjoyable part of my tenure there was that I felt a Ginuwine since of people caring about people.
Pros
Fresh Fruit Dailty
Cons
Downtown Parking
Interesting Workplace
Data & Admin Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2017
I arrived early everyday and would update members accounts and basic information using Microsoft Excel and a CRM database.

I learned that not all management are open to new and innovative ideas and take the work temp a bit too much to heart in believing that's what a person's worth is to the fullest extent.

The workplace environment was very friendly, helpful and understanding due to the employees that worked there.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with management as they were very inconsistent with their words and actions to me.

The most enjoyable were the employees and location of the job as it was joy coming there and also I loved the workload as I felt I was making something on a difference.
Pros
Employees very friendly, location and workload
Cons
Management were too into micromanaging me, lack of diversity
IT staff were great, everyone seemed to 'get along' nicely.
Quality Assurance Assistant&Software Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2015
The IT department at this company was great! Everyone helped each other; supported each other and when necessary taught where knowledge was lacking. Working environment was spacious and fully equipped. Advancement classes or seminars were provided.
Pros
A no-for-profit company.
Cons
None.
Great organization
Senior Program Specialist, Membership (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisAugust 5, 2015
Great opportunities for advancement and benefits. The American Hospital Association has a good program for additional education within the company walls.
Productive and professional workplace
Manager of the Employee Health Center (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2015
Professionally operated the Health Center at AHA and all the responsibilities that go with a Health Center. I was available for all the employees at AHA, doing pre-employment physicals, exams and health referrals. I learned to work with outside professionals. Management was superior and provided me with every amenity needed to be successful. I was the only Health Center nurse but the auxiliary help was superior. The very hardest part of the job was having to walk three blocks in the bitter cold weather. the most enjoyable part was walking the three blocks in the great weather.
Pros
Free lunches, great employees, being my own boss
Cons
The harsh winter weather
Stable company
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2015
This a very stable company with great benefits but the culture is very old fashion and it's not a lot of room for advancement since people stay for 30 years plus.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
Great organization to learn and grow
Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2015
HRET emphasizes personal growth and integrity. Bright people are hired and managers strive to be just and strategic. There's not a lot of room for mobility within the organization - it is a great place to develop skills and to learn about leadership.
Pros
Great people and learning opportunities
Cons
Projects are typically externally funded and have duration of 1-3 years.
Dedicated and responsible work environment
National Account Executive - Health Forum (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2015
Learned much about national health care issues. Very motivated individuals in my department. Not enough work experience to rate more.
Good company culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 30, 2015
Relaxed, open door, good company to work for.
Great benefits.
Offers career advancement.
The Association take care of the employees health.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Uncertainty due to financial situation.
Very nice people, but organizational structure is a little cumbersome and confusing.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2014
Good people work here and intend to do a good job. I found the culture tended more towards "embrace the status quo" than "challenge the status quo". It didn't really fit well with my motivation. But that was just me, I know many people are very happy at AHA and feel challenged in their roles.
Scheduling appointments
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2014
At the American Hospital Association, I would schedule appointments for the managers that I supported with Hospital CEO's regarding their donations. I would also do administrative work such as, filing, answering calls, data entry, etc. The management was great and my co-workers were very helpful in assisting whenever possible. I would have to say the most enjoyable part was interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
Not stressful, great work environment
Cons
temporary job
Needs better leadership
Field Engagement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2014
Leaders lack insite. The company is generous with the time given to get healthy.
Productive workplace with large scale projects
Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2014
Productive workplace with large scale projects. Ability to work with multiple external partners is intersting.
Good company, awesome benefits
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2014
Great place to work with amazing people. Amazing job security if you are willing to work hard.
Pros
Job security, great company culture
Cons
Few advancement opportunities
Productive , innovative and hard working envoirnment
Sales specialist-Marketing Project (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2014
-Read updates on the heath care industry related to American Hospital Association and organizations affiliated with the company.
-Calling vendors to sell the marketing Website we will be launching.
-Setting follow ups, creating leads.
-Have meeting everyday at the end of the day to go over accomplishments for the day and Goals for the following day sharing strategies and new ideas to achieve better results.
-I definitely got better with creating and contributing the ideas towards the marketing project.
-Management is constantly involved in supporting the new ideas and with implementation.
-Co-workers are team players, even though we work in a Sales environment, all of them help each other out to stay on the same page.
-The only challenging part of the Job is deadlines are too close, with very less time, but i love challenges which is why i have always been in sales.
-The best part of the job is great staff to work with. Makes a huge difference
Pros
working remote, flexiblity, lunches, snacks, gym
Great place
Executive Assistant, Policy Department (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2013
Love the people, the environment, and the management. It's a great place to work.
A rural hospital serving the extremely varied needs of a small community.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atchison KSSeptember 2, 2013
As a staff RN and house supervisor, it was exciting to come to work, not knowing what challenges you would face. The community is well served by this hospital, whether it be within the facility, or in conjunction with the area's larger, teaching hospitals.
Innovative and forward thinking professional
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2013
Proven business acumen and ability to interact, communicate and work effectively with executives and the C-suite. Dedicated to maintaining knowledge of innovative information or technologies that impact the industry. Demonstrated working knowledge of legal agreements, concept, terms and negotiation; process improvement knowledge and expertise.
Passionate, mission based organization
Professional (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2012
The American Hospital Association attracts passionate team players, who are focused on progressing the nation's healthcare system. We are heavily involved in improving the patient experience at hospitals across America.
Pros
great benefits, free gym, discounted massage, reflexology and accupuncture
Cons
extremely busy work environment with type a personalities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Hospital Association. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2