American Hotel Register Company Employee Reviews

taught me everything I know about the hotel world
Outside Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 10, 2017
taught me everything I know about the hotel world. enjoyed it but they cut back on outside sales reps after 9/11 and the dotcom crash of 2000. i made they hugh sums of money while i was there.
Pros
expense account
Cons
high turn over rate in upper managment
Great Company if you don't mind micromanagement
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 27, 2017
Excessive redundancy in certain assigned duties. Very high sales expectations, unrealistic at times. On the road all day, every day with no time allowed for administrative duties (office time), so those responsibilities cut into your personal time.
Company Offering A Mix of Opportunity
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 5, 2017
sales department continually restructuring to make management look better. Huge change in commission structure every few years with negative impact on employees. Little concern for customer-sales rep relationships in the long run. Supply chain not up to par at times.
Pros
flex-time; company store: various interest groups; good healthcare benefits
Cons
management not always looking at the big picture: goals sometimes carry unattainable expectations
Family owned workplace with great atomasphere
Sr. .NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 23, 2017
People are very kind here. The team is small. Could have different opportunities for different improvements in technical skills and project management skills.
Pros
Working from home is allowed
Cons
After CIO retired, IT structure clapsed
A leader in their industry
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2017
A leader in their industry, great culture and owners but require too much from their sales force. Work life balance is out of wack. Friends I have who are still there are happy but working well into the night is commonplace. Good for a young single person without any responsibilities but themselves.
Overall work experience was satisfactory.
Various positions (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILMarch 9, 2017
I worked at this company earlier in my career and gained good experience for my endeavor as a business owner.

Since the company is privately owned, I was able to observe how family members grew their business successfully.
Pros
Worked in a successful organization and gained vast work experience.
Cons
The company was located a distance from where I resided at the time.
Family owned company
Sales (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMarch 4, 2017
American Hotel is family owned and is working on growing. The company is very sales oriented, and mostly promotes from within.
Pros
Cafe in building
Finest Hotel & Hospitality supplier in the world
Transportation Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMarch 2, 2017
My company serves the entire hospitality industry. I am very privileged to be part of an excellent Transportation team. The company is very supportive of families and ownership is highly motivated.

Typical day involves researching LTL/TL/Parcel freight claims and resolving with the respective carrier. I also provide support for our customer solutions, AP and Inventory Planning teams. A major portion of my role is manages the relationship with our vendors for damages/shortages on prepaid shipments.

I am always on the hunt for hidden losses whether contractual, procedural or in records.
Pros
Culture, excellent cafeteria cuisine, positive people.
Cons
Carriers that refuse to negotiate or compromise
no comment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 22, 2017
Management is not very good along with how they are trying to move everything to the internet. Security is not available. Management is poor. Company not moving in the right direction
job seekers be aware!!!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Been there almost a yr overtime everyday its very excessive no work life balance ive seen at least 30 or more people quit since ive been there including team leads to supervisors the employees are very cool but some supervisors will talk to you like you are nothing because they have a title in there the pay is not competitive 12 bucks an hr doesn't stretch far for the amount of work they expect out of you want you to learn new jobs but dont want to pay u for it as well if you get hired they promise u might get an extra dollar but when that time comes you never get it plus all the hrs they put on you if you have a life on the outside stay away this job is very draining only highlight is getting off at 2:30
Pros
Getting off at 2:30 pm
Cons
Excessive overtime!!!! No Work Life Balance
Great atmosphere
Wharehouse servicer (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 9, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly environment. Really get the team engaged with each other
Learned to work independently. Set goals and cross trained.
Best company to grow at!
SUPPLY PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 6, 2017
Overall, American Hotel is a great company to work for. They are always looking for better ways to do things and the opportunities are there for anybody to provide the solution. The company is very involved and the owners are always there asking questions about your family etc.
Overall Experience
Global Sourcing Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 21, 2017
American Hotel was not the company I first walked in to. However, I will forever be grateful to them for the opportunity they gave me to grow in my career. I was able to shape my career there and will always be thankful for that. AHR was not the best in terms of management though. Every single one of my managers minus the last one I had was pretty lousy. They were not leaders or mentors, it was very much like a high school environment there. The culture changed from the time I walked into that company to the time I left.
friendly work environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 4, 2017
I really enjoy working for American Hotel. It is a fun and friendly sales culture and is very accommodating for those with a family. Excellent work/life balance.
Decent Place to Start Out.
Creative Designer, Creative/Branding Dept (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2016
It's great if you don't live in the city, the commute is brutal. The company goes through a lot of young talent because they don't offer motives to stay.
Great culture!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vernon, ILOctober 31, 2016
I love working for American Hotel. The Leahy family truly cares about their associates. Everyone here is collaborative and we are all working towards the same goal. I've had the opportunity to work here for several years; I can say that I personally feel like make a difference day to day, I work with great people and the company even helped pay for my Master's degree.
Pros
Work life balance, onsite Yoga and a caring culture.
Cons
I don't have any.
Great Company with good work culture
American Hotel Associate (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILOctober 20, 2016
American Hotel is a great family owned company that takes good care of their employees and promotes a healthy work environment. They're open to new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Only downside may be that the ERP system is outdated but the management and benefits outweigh the negatives.
A great company to work for.
End User Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 21, 2016
In my experience with American Hotel Register I have learned a lot of technical and personal skills. The culture of the company lends itself to openness and opportunity in some areas. It is a medium sized family-owned company that has a global reach. On a normal day my tasks were to handle incoming Tier II escalations and manage request for new access, new hires, and projects.

The most difficult part of the job is creating or finding new software/hardware solutions to assist employees with their career needs. This was also the most enjoyable aspect of the position as it gave myself the opportunity to learn about different work environments and requirements on an enterprise level.
Pros
Great learning opportunities, Fantastic culture.
Cons
No upward movement career wise.
American Hotel register
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 18, 2016
Typical day was answering inbound phone calls and customer emails. I learned the buying process of major hotel chains. Had great management that was always was willing to assist you when needed. Had great co-workers
Great workplace with great co-workers
Supply Chain Associate (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 26, 2016
A very team oriented environment and a company that truly cares about it's employees. A typical day would involve data maintenance and running reports for data quality. Learned many excel and reporting tools. Management was always friendly and easy to approach with any concerns. Co-workers are probably the best quality of the company. Everyone is willing to help and lead to an overall team success.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Hotel Register Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6