Title: DFA Developer – Back Office
Location: Stamford, CT
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Client wants to know current compensation and desired comp (hourly rate, or base plus bonus if applicable).
Type: Full Time - Permanent Hire
We are a private investment management firm founded in August of 1992. From its state-of-the-art facility in Stamford, Connecticut and its affiliated offices in New York City, London and Hong Kong, the firm manages a number of private investment funds in long-short equity, quantitative equities and other strategies.
The role of an Operations IT Developer will be to produce enterprise-level software solutions based on sound design methodologies. Candidate will be expected to support several systems and develop both strategic and tactical solutions.
The team is responsible for the core transaction, position and cash balance reconciliation platform. Development work includes creating and maintaining ETL packages, Windows Workflow rules, a large SQL codebase, web and WPF-based user interfaces, and integration with a third party reconciliation software package. All solutions are built using SOA methodologies to provide decoupled, easily pluggable interfaces.
A successful candidate for this role will be conversant in enterprise reconciliation and the common tools used to facilitate this.
- At least two years of financial services development experience preferred.
- Object programming experience, working with C#.NET, required.
- Experience working in a database-centric environment using SQL Server required.
- N-tier SOA development with WCF or similar is required.
- Windows Workflow experience strongly preferred.
- Create and promote unit test-driven development in all implementations.
- Estimate development and QA time requirements.
- Write clear, complete documentation of applications for use by developers, development managers, QA testers, application support, and the operations community.
- Knowledge of Back Office business processes preferred.
- Strong analytic and communication skills.
- Dedicated and conscientious.
Indeed - 2 years ago