Title: Controller IT – Senior Developer
Location: Stamford, CT
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Client wants to know current compensation and desired comp (hourly rate, or base plus bonus if applicable).
Type: Full Time - Permanent Hire
We are a private investment management firm founded in August of 1992. From its state-of-the-art facility in Stamford, Connecticut and its affiliated offices in New York City, London and Hong Kong, the firm manages a number of private investment funds in long-short equity, quantitative equities and other strategies.
The Senior Developer role will be positioned as the Controller IT department’s primary software delivery specialist. The role will lead many aspects of the software delivery process including design, development, and project management. The Senior Developer will be integral to translating user requirements into viable technology solutions, and working with end users to ensure their requirements have been met.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering applications on-time and within scope.
- Initiating and prototyping new technology solutions and ideas to develop the Controller’s strategic application platform.
- Architecting application solutions to meet scale and performance requirements.
- Contributing solutions that will enhance the department’s development process and continuously raise software quality standards.
- Independently managing a small team of developers and projects.
The candidate must be a fully confident Microsoft technologist with deep experience in .Net / C# and SQL-Server 2008, and have developed large scale systems using the Microsoft platform and application frameworks.
- Development background in building applications using Microsoft Technologies for trading and portfolio management systems preferably in a hedge fund or prime broker environment.
- Significant experience working with database design and development, MS SQL-Server 2008 and T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, NUnit.
- Object programming experience, working with C#/.NET, VB/.Net, and Excel/VBA, Web Services.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Good analytical skills and design skills.
- Dedicated and conscientious
- Education: bachelor’s degree . (Engineering or Computer Science preferred) or related work experience
- Knowledge of fixed income, equity, and credit financial instruments, products, and services.