Title: Microsoft C#/.Net Developer (Mid Level)
Location: Stamford, CT
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Client wants to know current compensation and desired comp (hourly rate, or base plus bonus if applicable).
Type: Full Time - Permanent Hire
We are a private investment management firm founded in August of 1992. From its state-of-the-art facility in Stamford, Connecticut and its affiliated offices in New York City, London and Hong Kong, the firm manages a number of private investment funds in long-short equity, quantitative equities and other strategies.
This position is for a C# developer within the Enterprise Data Services Development Team. In this role, the developer will design and develop processes to acquire, persist, maintain, and distribute enterprise data such as market data, security-master data, corporate actions, and reference/static data. The primary focus of this position is to extend the team’s support of the firm’s audit, compliance, and regulatory systems, reports, and analysts. The candidate will work within a team of 9 and report to a team lead.
Tasks that would be asked of the developer include:
- Work with clients to define requirements
- Develop proof of concept models to support design efforts.
- Develop reliable/reusable/scalable/service-oriented software solutions and documentation according to our existing software design practices.
- Participate in code reviews
- 3-5yrs min experience using C#
- Strong knowledge of the .NET platform with regards to building n-tier applications
- WCF and Web Service development experience
- Good understanding of XML and ability to read and interpret XML schemas
- Strong knowledge Sql Server 2005/2008 and overall database design principles
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as a team player
- WPF&Winforms UI Development
- Knowledge of a variety of financial instruments including equities, futures, options, bonds, credit, FX
- Preference given to candidates with experience in the following Windows technologies:
- Microsoft Entity Framework and LINQ
- Knowledge of current toolsets in the .Net world such as log4net, nLog, Automapper, etc.
- Knowledge of messaging platforms such as ActiveMQ, JMS, NMS
Pluses (but not required):
- Paladyne Security Master
- Bloomberg Security Master APIs (terminal, back office files, etc)
- Microsoft AppFabric 1.0/1.1
- Biztalk 2006/8/10