Title: Manager ITSS (IT Support Services)
Location: Purchase, NY
Type: Direct Hire, Permanent
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Client wants to know current compensation (base salary and bonus, or hourly rate) and desired compensation (what is the minimum base salary you would consider).
- Lead a team of desktop and technology specialists in planning, implementing, and maintaining desktop infrastructure within day to day business operations across multiple facilities located in North America
- Responsible for overall customer satisfaction as it relates to IT support and requires influence within other IT areas including: Level1, Applications Support, System Development, Telecom, Facilities and Engineering and Level 3 Support to effectively complete this mission.
- Manages day-to-day Level 2 support activities. Ensures all contract requirements and performance standards for desktop support activities are met. Oversees updates to policies, procedures, and workflows. Ensures proper staffing levels are maintained to meet performance standards. Provides information in situations where clients need detailed program knowledge or experience in addressing extraordinary needs. Coaches and mentors desktop support team members. Monitors performance and conducts performance reviews for direct reports. Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly reports compliance with desktop support standards and problem management activities. Interpersonal skills, relationship building and communication skills are critical success factors for candidates to possess.
- Provide Site Management skills to assist any of the Site Coordinators across the North America.
The ITSS Senior Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with all locations in North America. The ITSS Senior Manager will maintain a high level of confidentiality with all strategic information, budgets and customer specific data that they are aware of.
The scope of the ITSS Senior Manager includes but is not limited to:
- Plan, direct and oversee all remote site requirements including data center components and end-user support
- Identify, evaluate, assess, procure, deploy, and recover server, desktop, laptop, and printer hardware
- Coordinate and provide oversight of all data center security (physical, environmental, and virtual, etc.)
- Lead the implementation and support of hardware and software solutions in a 24/7 support environment that maximize the availability of mission critical systems for the user community
- Develop and implement backup and recovery strategies to protect the company’s data assets to include disaster recovery procedures.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of security policies, practices, and procedures to ensure the company’s computing resources are protected from unauthorized access and malicious attacks
- Interact with ITSS Management team to develop and implement help desk / desktop support policies such as asset management, customer service and request for service tracking as it relates to Infrastructure
- Develop and implement Service Level Agreements surrounding support services
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to staff to include preparation/conduct of training and development plans
- Develop technical and business proposals for management’s consideration.
- Define functional/technical specifications for network and computing resources. Research, evaluate, and recommend new hardware and software technologies
- Provide third tier problem determination/resolution as it relates to IT Infrastructure and end-user issues
- Review/utilize measurement data to evaluate the Infrastructure department’s performance in meeting established goals and milestones, and to plan and implement initiatives in support of the organization’s vision, mission, and values
- Provide supervision, guidance, training and motivation to assigned personnel. Oversee divisional retention and new employee orientation programs
- Develop, monitor, evaluate, and manage Service Level Agreements (SLA) with all customers. Conduct baseline and checkpoint surveys to measure performance
- Partner with the other IT Teams to provide network, desktop hardware/software, and system upgrades and maintenance. Facilitate the relationship between Support Services and Technology Delivery to resolve problems and issues beyond the scope of the Help Desk staff
- Monitor the on call rotation with Technical Support Analyst staff
- Plan and prepare budget documents. Monitor status of allocated budget funds and control expenses
- Conduct weekly status meetings with team and prepare and deliver weekly status reports to management
- Maintain a mind-set of continuous improvement, in terms of efficiency of support processes, customer satisfaction and the application of tools for monitoring, management and optimization
- Establish and implement goals, policies, procedures and performance indicators.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation (for use within the department, as well as by user community). Monitor level 2 tickets and queues.
- Establish and maintain Service Level Commitments that will ensure an appropriate response to all incidents and problems logged with the service desk, by monitoring support calls, analyzing feedback, ensuring that support staff follow established support procedures and have the necessary technical and personal skills to maintain effective communication with customers.
- Determine actions required to resolve any operational problems through the use of own technical experience, escalating to in-house expertise as required or by bringing in external support to minimize the impact of system failure to individual customers and the organization as a whole.
- Manage the desktop support resources, ensuring the availability of sufficient and appropriately trained staff to affect timely and correct responses to the problems logged by customers.
- Ensure written policies and procedures match practices.
- Ensure Desktop support staff creates written workarounds and resolutions for input into Knowledgebase.
- Respond to Quality Assurance concerns and follow-up on corrective actions
The ITSS Senior Manager is responsible for the successful execution of these processes across the North America region and for providing assistance to the remainder of the ITSS organization when necessary.
Education: Minimum of a College Degree, IT related Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 7 years (minimum) Infrastructure experience – installing servers, switches, routers, SANS, backup systems.
- 7 years Desktop or Request for Service Support experience and/or 2-5 year’s experience in Problem Management incident resolution.
- 5 years (minimum) experience manager of a team of 10 or more in infrastructure and desktop support.
- Leadership, negotiation, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Expert understanding of the Service Desk/Problem Management Process and supporting tools and how it relates to other IT processes and the business
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate at technical and business levels. Able to communicate and present situations / status to senior management
- Strong technical skills with knowledge of a wide variety of tools and technologies and extensive knowledge in a subset of these skills
- Documentation skills; ability to write detailed procedures
- Expert problem-solver. Sorts through complex issues and conducts comparative analysis of multiple solutions.
- Skilfully synthesizes large quantities of complex information under pressure. Distills it to the most critical issues and draws accurate conclusions, taking into account a high degree of uncertainty.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills. Prioritizes and performs a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.
- Experience relaying sensitive information to appropriate parties. Keeps clients, superiors, peers, and direct reports updated based on their information needs.
- Requires good people management and motivational skills, good professional management and time management skills.
- ITIL Foundations, MCSE and A+ certifications strongly preferred
- Available to work after hours, weekends, and as required.
Team management: 10+ people
Budget: The ITSS Senior Manager will provide input to the ITSS Director with respect to the annual budget and the monthly reviews of performance against the budget.
Estimate: About 50% of time
Who is the client?
My client is a premium spirits and wine company. The company has a long list of prestigious spirits and wines.
Working for my client means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. The company’s success is the result of the passion and creativity of their people, their exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. They reward both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and they encourage ongoing professional development. My client recognizes the importance of continuously building upon their diverse workforce and inclusive culture. They believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
They offer competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Indeed - 14 months ago