Title: Sr. Network Administrator/Architect
Location: Two openings (Alexandria, VA & New York, NY)
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Client wants to know current compensation and desired comp (hourly rate, or base plus bonus if applicable).
Type: 12 to 16 months; can be extended (possible contract to hire).
We are looking for a fulltime onsite Sr. Network Administrator/Architect; we have two openings, one opening for our office in the Washington DC area and one in New York, NY. We are looking for a candidate that is well versed in Cisco networking support. You will be responsible for leading the day to day maintenance, vendor escalations, and Remedy based incident trouble tracking for the Networking environment. You will also be responsible for deployment and administration of the Cisco IOS (12.2) for 6500 routers, 3750 switches, ASA Firewall, Supervisor redundancy modules, Cisco wireless access points/contollers, Cisco call manager and Cisco VoIP gateways.
The client company is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. The client company has been named three times to the FORTUNE list of "100 Best Companies to Work For in America."
- The candidate must be well versed in the following network related security technologies: 802.1x, firewalls (Palo Alto Networks), and Network Access Control (NAC).
- The candidate for this role needs to be familiar with routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, RIP2, BGP; Gateway (GLBP/VRRP), VLANs, Spanning tree, LACP Etherchannel, Wireless access points, VoIP, SSH and TACACS administration.
- IOS configuration procedures and operational problem resolution best practices.
- Experience leading the day to day maintenance, vendor escalations, and Remedy based incident trouble tracking for the Networking environment.
- Experience with deployment and administration of the Cisco IOS (12.2) for 6500 routers, 3750 switches, ASA Firewall, Supervisor redundancy modules, Cisco wireless access points/contollers, Cisco call manager and Cisco VoIP gateways.
- Must have hands-on experience with Cisco IOS configuration, router/switch, Cisco Call Manager, SIP Trunking, Unified communications and Wireless experience.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Preferred/Desired (this will not exclude a candidate from consideration):
- Scripting experience and CCIE or CCNP desirable.
Indeed - 16 months ago
American IT is dedicated to achieving client's organizational goals through the most effective use of Information Technology. Working as a...