American IT Solutions is seeking a Win7/Office 2010 Desktop Support Technician for a contract assignment through 12/31 in St. Joseph, MO. Position pays up to $18.50/hr. based on experience. This position is scheduled to start on 7/8!
This position will provide, under direct or general supervision, technical support of personal computers (PC's) in a network environment, including the delivery, installation and setup of such systems in the end-user community. Includes installation of approved software as well as the diagnostics of basic hardware and software problems encountered by the end-users and the maintenance of all equipment in good working order in a defined company division.
- Maintain PC’s and printers; minimizing downtime
- Install PC hardware and software for end-users
- Work with end-users to develop an understanding of the needs and uses of their PC’s; including hardware, software and printers
- Analyze and diagnose problems reported by end-users
- Resolve complex end-user issues in consultation with Sr. and/or Lead Analyst
- Track and update all problem calls through corporate tracking system
- Be asked to take ownership over other various IT related projects
- Monitor the Desktop Support Queue & help maintain the SLA guidelines set.
- Develop & Maintain Desktop Process documentation
- Assist in the evaluation of new computer hardware and software.
- Offer suggestions to improving team development and practices.
- Ability to motivate and be part of a team by fostering collaboration and teamwork.
Windows XP/7, MS Office 2003/2010, HP & Lenovo Desktop and Laptop support experience