Title: Back Office Sr. Developer (Outgoing Feeds)
Location: Stamford, CT
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Client wants to know current compensation and desired comp (hourly rate, or base plus bonus if applicable).
Type: Full Time - Permanent Hire
We are a private investment management firm founded in August of 1992. From its state-of-the-art facility in Stamford, Connecticut and its affiliated offices in New York City, London and Hong Kong, the firm manages a number of private investment funds in long-short equity, quantitative equities and other strategies.
The role of an Operations IT Senior Developer will be to produce enterprise-level software solutions based on sound design methodologies. Candidate will be expected to develop and maintain several critical systems in back office.
The Operations Workflow team is responsible for a wide range of applications designed to improve operational efficiency and accountability. The firm is focused on controls and process, including SAS-70 certification and integration with an external fund administrator. Automation is a primary goal for the Operations Workflow and Middle Office Reconciliation team wherever it can impact auditing and reduce overhead.
Production applications include a Local Currency Exposure hedging interface, an automated trade confirmations feed to Markit Partners, a set of utilities designed to move positions and cash between custodian accounts, a Settlement Fails interface and an array of position reconciliations. A core Grid-based transaction processing layer serves as the foundation for this development. Dealing with both external (prime brokers, subsidiaries) and internal data sources will be an integral part of the job. The candidate must be able to analyze and determine whether current technology is flexible enough to handle new demand. The ability to deal with short term production issues as well as long term projects will be keys to success.
The successful candidate will be asked to:
- Actively participate in the execution of development projects and resolution of urgent production issues.
- Interact with users across all business lines to understand their requirements and subsequently develop project plans and technical requirements.
- Document all work products, i.e. architecture designs, data flows, end to end production timelines.
- Learn the technology systems used at the company in order to perform role.
- Create and promote unit test-driven development in all implementations.
- Experience working with financial products, understanding of the custodian relationship and general reconciliation concepts.
- Ability to interact with users across all business units.
- A development background in building applications with Microsoft Technologies using SOA architecture and interface-driven development is required. Strong C# skills a must.
- Experience working in a database-centric environment using SQL Server.
- WPF UI experience required.
- Experience with Windows Workflow, WCF preferred.
- Infragistics or equivalent UI toolset experience preferred.
- Small-scale management experience preferred.
- Communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations IT platforms.
- Knowledge of technical architecture design and a good understanding of technology tools and components to reasonably argue for and against all components (middleware, database, reporting tools, etc.) in that architecture.