Title: Senior Security Administrator
Location: Alexandria, VA
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Client wants to know current compensation and desired comp (hourly rate, or base plus bonus if applicable).
We are seeking a senior onsite Security Administrator in the Washington DC area who is well versed in Security architectures including network, systems, operating systems, firewall, IDS/IPS, access control, and applications. This candidate needs to have hands on experience deploying security based products that integrate to form a comprehensive security solution. This is a (6-12+) month onsite engagement. Experience and good working knowledge with log management and correlation engines; conducting vulnerability assessments; conducting penetration testing; conducting risk assessments; analyzing, and implementing access control mechanisms and methodologies; and implementing and managing next gen firewalls is required. The candidate must have strong MAC, Windows and Unix/Linux skills. This candidate will be responsible for implementation and administration of new security architecture and assist with the remediation tasks to resolve short term deficiencies.
Product knowledge with the following security products selected for the client security architecture is desirable but not required:
- Palo Alto Networks – firewalls identify and control applications and data leakage prevention
- Nexpose – vulnerability management solution
- Quest ActiveRoles Server / Authentication Service – AD group management and user privilege delegation and administration service
- Splunk – operational intelligence
- FireEye – advance malware and threat protection
- Absia – facilities and communication infrastructure management systems
Thie ideal candidate is expected to have excellent written and oral communication skills. (CISSP) Certified Information Systems Security Professional is a big plus but not required.