American IT Solutions, Inc. is seeking a SharePoint Developer for a full time position in Wallingford, CT. The salary we are looking to pay is between ($115,000.00-$125,000.00) with a great benefit package. W2 Employees Only, we are unable to accept H1B or C2C candidates at this time. This is an immediate need!!
Design and deliver scalable Microsoft Share Point, .NET and custom solutions. The incumbent is responsible for designing, creating, maintaining, documenting, and managing custom and off-the-shelf applications. This includes but not limited to SharePoint, .NET, DOTNETNUKE, SQL, integration engine, and other frameworks. The software developer will lead initiative for taking software from concept / design to a fully developed and implemented solution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Architect, design and implement software solutions through the development life cycle for applications including but not limited to SharePoint, .NET, and future frameworks.
2. Installation, upgrade, patch, configuration, administration and support of SharePoint, .NET, interfaces, and other applications as assigned.
3. Assist with development of standards including change control policies, doc libraries, workflow diagrams, and other documentation.
4. Act as Webmaster managing aspects of the Intranet and assigned external sites.
5. Provide training to end-users for custom applications and assigned off-the-shelf applications.
6. Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems.
7. Collect requirements and research system information to analyze and evaluate proposed technology solutions.
8. Write and maintain system documentation in accordance to policy and standards.
9. Create custom scripts or software programs to automate repetitive tasks.
10. Create and modify image files and other graphical elements.
11. Manage user access controls and security permissions for systems and applications.
12. Create connections to systems to allow display KPIs and dashboards using component such as Excel, SQL Reporting Service, etc.
13. Provide after hour and on-call support as assigned.
14. Provide support coverage for other IT Staff as assigned.
15. Leads projects or participates on project teams as assigned.
16. Performs other tasks as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in addition to the requirements stated below.
- 5+ year’s professional experience in IT solutions development preferably in a medium to large corporate environment
- 5+ years of SharePoint & .NET development experience.
- 3+ years’ experience creating and delivering end-user training and documentation, supporting power users.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with DOTNETNUKE or similar development framework / engine
- Excellent project management skills
- Bachelor's degree in CS, MIS, or technical area or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (i.e. written and verbal); including the ability to communicate and document complex business issues.
- Must be a committed team-player working in a dynamic environment and able to move between various business process and application development projects and adapt to changing needs and new initiatives.
- Strong knowledge and background in SharePoint application framework and SQL
- Working knowledge of IIS
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Microsoft SharePoint Certified Developer desired
- .NET certifications desired
This position requires the ability to work independently under general direction, and to work as part of a project team, to complete complex, detailed projects on-time and within budget.
Incumbent is requires the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with technical and non-technical staff, system vendors, and consultants. Also, required is the ability to document complex system requirements and business rules clearly and efficiently.
Ability to develop and defend forward thinking strategy that complies with a complex set of requirements and inputs.