Title: UX Designer
Location: Hartford (area), CT
Type: Contract to hire (6 to 9 months conversion to permanent employee)
Pay Rate: $65K to $75K (Negotiable – Client wants to know current pay rate/annual base salary and requested pay rate/annual base salary).
This is a junior position, but they will consider someone more seasoned if they have some great web/mobile experience and/or gaming experience. This is right to hire position. The UX Designer designs and refines the user-centered design to improve the user experience across mobile and web channels.
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to translate requirements into detailed wireframes with business rules using fluid design techniques across all form factors (phone, tablet, desktop).
- When necessary, create (huge plus) or contribute to the creation of clickable high-fidelity prototypes.
- Collaborate with front-end developers to execute, adapt and track design implementation.
- Advocate usability best practices providing usable design recommendations for new or existing projects as needed.
- Participate in usability planning and testing as needed.
- Analyze and make recommendations for incorporating user feedback as necessary.
Detailed notes on this role:
This role will have a direct partnership with the Business Analysts assigned to these projects.
This role is Technical in nature.
The candidate will be responsible for looking at massive amounts of data, wireframes, and rules. They need to be able to understand how the Web/Mobile Applications work technically, and conform to certain Business Rules.
Know how Android vs. iPhone interact on a daily basis.
The client uses AXURE – an Interactive Wireframe Software & Mock-Up tool. (Would be good to have but not a MUST)
Wireframe experience is a MUST, Photoshop would also be a huge PLUS.