Title: Webtrends Administrator
Location: Hartford, CT area
Type: Long Term Contract (12 months plus - contract to hire opportunity if interested)
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Client wants to know current compensation and desired comp (hourly rate, or base plus bonus if applicable).
The focus of this individual will be hands-on development of custom Webtrends tags. Global health services company seeking talented individuals. See below. The client is hot to hire for this position so please reply ASAP.
My client is building a CMS department that is charged with moving critical company content to all of their constituent's. End recipients of this content are the company's policyholder(s), members, and providers. These recipients number in the tens of millions. My client is in a race with other organizations in their field to push and pull content from these end users.
Competitive pressure combined with Federal Requirements to make this information readily available for recipients has created a need to build a powerful CMS department within their organization. This is an exciting area that will afford key employees the ability to use cutting edge industry technology and reward key contributors with upward mobility within a progressive organization.
Responsibilities: Implement Webtrends tagging on client's redesigned Company Portal (including new HCP Directory) (consumer portal) and HCP Portal (provider portal) websites. Assist and advise with the installation of their new Webtrends On Premises development and production environments.
- Advise the client about Webtrends, including overall information, functionality, and best practices.
- Train client on how to use Webtrends, including creating profiles, custom reports, etc. in the system.
- Help with their existing On Premises Analytics production, reporting issues, system problems, and questions.
- Help and advised on enhancing their existing automated log file retrieval scripts, and help with Kornshell scripting on Linux webservers to copy the prior day's weblog so Webtrends can retrieve it.
- Advise on how to handle log file management in Webtrends.
- Develop code to detect and fix invalid IP addresses in the SDC logs caused by WebSEALs doing X-Forwarded-For.
- Develop code to prune massive webserver logs down to ~2.5% of their original size, without loss of business insight. I advised on the benefits of using Windows SDCs (ability to split SDC logs by DCSID, ability to install Data Collector API to capture traffic from mobile apps, and new ability to virtualize them).
- Create WebSphere/Webtrends aggregator to address issues.
- Experience creating (via TagBuilder), editing (both the typical user modifications as well as advanced modifications), implementing, and troubleshooting v9 standard, v9 beta async, v10 async, and v10 async mobile Webtrends global tags is a big plus.
- Advise on how to properly configure F5 load balancers which load balance their SDC servers, including common misconfigurations and caveats about them (for instance, if not configured properly they will replace the client IP address with their own).
- Work closely with the eBusiness team to gather business requirements to address business needs.
- Create reports tagging efforts, including complex custom reports, in order to deliver reporting to fulfill the business needs. For the mobile app, Windows SDC servers and the Data Collector API to be able to log Webtrends traffic.
- Advise and assist the marketing department in creating their Webtrends to track campaign traffic.
- Provide eBusiness team with dashboard templates to help format periodic reporting for their clients.
Requirements (Must have):
- Hands-on experience with custom webtrends tag development.
- Experience with other web analytics tools is a BIG plus.
- Any Autonomy product experience is a BIG plus