American Income Life Insurance

American Income Life Insurance Employee Reviews

productive and fun working environment
OFFICE RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 11, 2015
mailing letters for agents, copying, scanning, printing, getting interviews ready for the day.
I learned how to keep myself organized and more computer savy
management team is the best! super helpful and train people who want to work and learn.
Productive and fun environment
Agency Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Waco, TXMay 9, 2015
Working with ledger statements, charge summaries, numbers, agents: current & terminated, answer question about debits with company, contracts; can be very contrary but a good company to be apart of.
its life insurance
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Wexford, PAApril 8, 2015
Pros: meetings
Cons: calling random people to get sales
try to ensure a better life for family members when one has deceased. Not to take things personally. co-workers were great. hardest part was walking away from people that needed and wanted life insurance but was financially incapable.
Great managers
Union Service Representative/Life Agent (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great training, great managers
Cons: 100% commission
American Income was a fun place to be on office days. Nevertheless, it was not the right company for me. You have to meet with union members in their houses and that was a little strange for me. It was 100% commission based and that was very concerning, there's not much security with a completely commission based job.
Fun workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Spokane, WAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: management
my duties were in the office, answering phones, filling out paperwork, office work etc. Helping my coworkers and other agents in the office. The management needed more work. I liked being around the people that came in and the agents that worked there
Great group of people to work with.
Life and Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Peoria ilFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: working with public
Cons: gas prices at the time i had a suv.
Loved this job. Just really could not afford the gas prices, Driving a suv at the time did not work out. Loved the idea of selling a needed product to the public.
horrid
ex exployee (Former Employee), undisclosedFebruary 5, 2015
Cons: lies, horrible management, excessive hours, lies to get into homes
When I was working there I was diligent but never received a check. There are agents using borderline fraudulant techniques in the field as well as a lot of profanity. Management is unbridled and verbally caustic. Cutting my losses quickly as this is a terrible place to work. Totally lied to and about. Senior manager seems to be sincere however mid level manager is terrible and treats people like slaves.
Rewarding place to work with extreme potential for growth advancement
Master General Agent (Senior Manager) (Current Employee), Westfield, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: independent contractor, good money
Cons: long days
I love working here. The management team is committed to individual and overall success for the agency.
If your looking for a career with ample amount of money to be earned and the opportunity for growth both personally and professionally- then this is the career for you.
100% job satisfaction of knowing you helped someone make a valuable life long decision
productive and fun workpplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: breaks and lunches, raises
A typical day for me was knowing that I was going to be productive at work. I learned a lot about insurance. Co workers were helpful when I needed questions answered. The hardest part of the job was making sure all money was processed correctly.
Insurance Hustle
Agent (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Great company If you don't have a family. A lot of Calling every day. A lot of old recycled leads. Naturally some managers are just phenomenal and others only care about those on their team instead of the whole office. A lot of micromanagement. hardest part of the job is being away from your family working 7 days a week hoping to reap the rewards to have money taken away due to cancelations and the company not accepting all forms of payment. Pure commission is difficult when you have outdated recycled leads that are not in your area.
great opportunity
Insurance Agent/Producer (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 14, 2015
advancement opportunities, great work environment, however you have drive to all of your appointments so can be very time consuming
fun work environment
Supervising agent (Current Employee), eatontownJanuary 6, 2015
poor training, poor administrative and payroll support.
compensation percentage not consistent,varies policy to policy.
too many in office days required
PLEASE PASS ON THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO AND DESPERATE!!!
agent (Former Employee), Hammond, Ind.December 11, 2014
Pros: meet people from all walks of life, great for improving your presentation skills
Cons: highly unorganized, poor training and unprofessional.
The reviews below are accurate. I came in to the company lured by the flexibility and independence to grow my own business and one day after 10 years of service receive renewals (like a bonus percentage) from my book of business. If you are single or need a start, it's a one way into the insurance hustle. There were people from all walks of life grabbing at a the chance to improve their situation. If you are a single mother, you will have little off time to enjoy your children and will be hounded constantly by high-pressure managers to perform plus get leads that aren't worth the paper. Training managers were late and training itself was a nightmare at the field office. At the corporate Lombard office, the trainers were very good. Those making money either have a wide referral base or are established and payed their dues at great personal expense and time. With under two months in, I cut my losses. Found a great job paying.
Pay more to work than earn
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Aurora, CONovember 28, 2014
Pros: team work
This company utilizes texts to constantly keep every member in touch with every tiny detail, which means the phone never stops alerting you. Phone calls begin at 8:00am and do not stop until 9:00pm. In between, all the traveling with gas money and extras are out of pocket. Between the hours required at the office and those at home, as well as appointments, the pay is extremely low. It does include cold calls and the interviewers are meant to mislead the interviewee into believing that the payout will be worth it within months. During those months, the struggle to maintain a home, especially with children and a mortgage is not possible. All of the people who work here are children themselves, just out of high school or college dropouts that talk fast and don't understand just what it is they are selling to families.
great place to work
Receptionist/Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2014
Working at this company I enjoyed assisting customers on a daily basis. I performed clerical work assignments .
Horrible work/life balance.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Londonderry, NHNovember 13, 2014
Sounds good up front, and may be good for some people. For a newly married man with a baby, it is no good however. Co-workers were great, got along well, and the managers were easy to talk to. The pay structure is horrible though, and after spending 2 months there, and only getting one paycheck due to how long it took them to get me in to the field, it was time to move on.
Poor management, unorganized, rude to beginners
General Agent (Current Employee), Pooler, GANovember 12, 2014
Pros: helping people obtain life insurance
Cons: no time for family, no real benefits for the first 90 days, working your life away, need i say more?
The management lies about the job description and will continue to lie until you are hired and out in the field. Pay is strictly commission, and when you run out of leads, they will not give you new leads until they are ready. They are very rude to agents that are starting out, you are working 6, sometimes 7, days a week, and if you have a family, there is no time for them. There is no time to take a lunch, and only breaks allowed at the office are smoke breaks every time you book two appointments.
Enjoyed working with great people
Volunteer (Current Employee), Waco, TXNovember 5, 2014
It is a learning experience where you will come across different people with different views.
Different
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCOctober 22, 2014
I was hired to become a sales manager within the company. I understood that structure was an issue, as the Charleston branch had just started up (I was literally one of the first people hired.) The issue is that not only was there a lack of structure, there was no structure whatsoever. Training was jumpy, one day we'd be learning about one thing and the next day we'd either be told something completely different about the same subject or we'd move on to something completely unrelated. The managers sent down to start the branch were almost as confused about what to do as we were, and that's because they themselves hadn't received any guidance as to how to run the new branch. They tried to teach us how to sell, and they did that well, which was alright, but the problem was that we weren't able to learn enough about our products to be able to efficiently sell them. The people there were all quite friendly, everyone was personable, and I had no quarrel with anyone in particular. I also enjoy driving, which was required for getting to and from client's homes.
My internship was very positive
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: nice job culture, no micro managing.
Cons: calling some people repeatedly or unexpectedly can result in interesting phone calls.
Despite calling a million people, at least its not cold calling. The personnel was very friendly and helped me along. I started slow and ended as good as the more seasoned people there.

1 2 3 4 5