American Income Life Insurance

American Income Life Insurance Employee Reviews

interesting
Recruiter- Internship (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 26, 2015
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: the pay
i had fun working in the office but the pay was horrible. if the pay was higher i wouldnt mind working for them again. i felt that some managers tried to scare the employee's with threats of firing them if they didnt see results.
Life insurance saleman
Producing Agent (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 24, 2015
I am unsure that the Tucson office is still on operation. I have not have contact after leaving the company. Pay is strictly commission based. Good income potential if you are willing to spend your life going to peoples homes to sell life insurance.
Fast pace job
Agent (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COJune 11, 2015
Pros: lots of money
Cons: requires lots of time and travel
This is really a good job for someone with no family, unlimited hours to contribute and no want for any life outside of the job. It is a very money driven job. If a person only cares about making money and lots of it then it is the perfect job for them. A typical day starts off with phone set at 8am until 11am to create schedule and then working in field and continuing to create schedule until 10 or 11 pm. This is usually 7 days a week. Management and co-workers are great. Protecting families is probably the best part of the job and the hardest part is just all of the hours away from home and family.
American Income Life
Benefits Representative (Former Employee), Columbia , MarylandJune 9, 2015
Way too micromanaged to be independent insurance contractors
Hours 9am- 9pm sometimes you wont get home until after 12 am the following day
2 call nights to schedule appointments in the office using your own devices and laptops. Leads are given but office call nights doesn't make sense when you can make your calls from home.
If policy cancels, you owe the money back
high energy
great people
leadership team were excellent and very motivational
training was via satellite so it was hard to comprehend, and that could have been done at home in your home office
Not a good company for single parents for sure
Overall a great company, i would be working as an agent if i had a car, so maany possibilities to make alot of money and the system they have works.
Recruiter/Trainer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 5, 2015
Pros: Can work overtime if wanted and get bonuses for every 6 hires
Cons: Need to be making more $, the rms sheets we have to use sometimes suck really bad.
We would call applicants and explain to the how our company work what they need to expect what they need bring and also what they need to know about our company.
Call policy holders explain that there policy needs to either be updated renewed, or reviewed with them so everything is on track make sure they have the nessecary paperwork and Information they need for there policies, Help them to understand, and set up there policies for them.
The co-worker all pretty much got along we all kinda worked together because were all doing the same thing, We help each other get appointment scheduled.
The most enjoyable part of the day is probably the whole day I've been awarded the best employee for the past 2 months so I was able to sit back and relax pretty much for a couple days because I was already way past my other employees.
Agent mill
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 14, 2015
Pros: Leads provided to agents.
Cons: High pressure environment, massive travel and time requirements.
Only one to two percent of those who make it through training will be working even six months from then. That is LOW for the industry. People do do well, but only the very cream. Very competitive. Very high pressure. Massive requirements of time and travel. One good point at our office was that all agents got four appointments per day from the phone bank, but you paid cash for them. Hiring is a massive and constant cattle call with few making it through training, fewer staying on for a month. You can make lots of money if you are prepare to totally buy into the workaholic lifestyle and mentality, but few can do it and fewer can afford to.
productive and fun working environment
OFFICE RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAMay 11, 2015
mailing letters for agents, copying, scanning, printing, getting interviews ready for the day.
I learned how to keep myself organized and more computer savy
management team is the best! super helpful and train people who want to work and learn.
Productive and fun environment
Agency Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Waco, TXMay 9, 2015
Working with ledger statements, charge summaries, numbers, agents: current & terminated, answer question about debits with company, contracts; can be very contrary but a good company to be apart of.
its life insurance
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Wexford, PAApril 8, 2015
Pros: meetings
Cons: calling random people to get sales
try to ensure a better life for family members when one has deceased. Not to take things personally. co-workers were great. hardest part was walking away from people that needed and wanted life insurance but was financially incapable.
Great managers
Union Service Representative/Life Agent (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great training, great managers
Cons: 100% commission
American Income was a fun place to be on office days. Nevertheless, it was not the right company for me. You have to meet with union members in their houses and that was a little strange for me. It was 100% commission based and that was very concerning, there's not much security with a completely commission based job.
Fun workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Spokane, WAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: management
my duties were in the office, answering phones, filling out paperwork, office work etc. Helping my coworkers and other agents in the office. The management needed more work. I liked being around the people that came in and the agents that worked there
Great group of people to work with.
Life and Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Peoria ilFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: working with public
Cons: gas prices at the time i had a suv.
Loved this job. Just really could not afford the gas prices, Driving a suv at the time did not work out. Loved the idea of selling a needed product to the public.
horrid
ex exployee (Former Employee), undisclosedFebruary 5, 2015
Cons: lies, horrible management, excessive hours, lies to get into homes
When I was working there I was diligent but never received a check. There are agents using borderline fraudulant techniques in the field as well as a lot of profanity. Management is unbridled and verbally caustic. Cutting my losses quickly as this is a terrible place to work. Totally lied to and about. Senior manager seems to be sincere however mid level manager is terrible and treats people like slaves.
Rewarding place to work with extreme potential for growth advancement
Master General Agent (Senior Manager) (Current Employee), Westfield, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: independent contractor, good money
Cons: long days
I love working here. The management team is committed to individual and overall success for the agency.
If your looking for a career with ample amount of money to be earned and the opportunity for growth both personally and professionally- then this is the career for you.
100% job satisfaction of knowing you helped someone make a valuable life long decision
productive and fun workpplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: breaks and lunches, raises
A typical day for me was knowing that I was going to be productive at work. I learned a lot about insurance. Co workers were helpful when I needed questions answered. The hardest part of the job was making sure all money was processed correctly.
Insurance Hustle
Agent (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Great company If you don't have a family. A lot of Calling every day. A lot of old recycled leads. Naturally some managers are just phenomenal and others only care about those on their team instead of the whole office. A lot of micromanagement. hardest part of the job is being away from your family working 7 days a week hoping to reap the rewards to have money taken away due to cancelations and the company not accepting all forms of payment. Pure commission is difficult when you have outdated recycled leads that are not in your area.
great opportunity
Insurance Agent/Producer (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 14, 2015
advancement opportunities, great work environment, however you have drive to all of your appointments so can be very time consuming
fun work environment
Supervising agent (Current Employee), eatontownJanuary 6, 2015
poor training, poor administrative and payroll support.
compensation percentage not consistent,varies policy to policy.
too many in office days required
PLEASE PASS ON THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO AND DESPERATE!!!
agent (Former Employee), Hammond, Ind.December 11, 2014
Pros: meet people from all walks of life, great for improving your presentation skills
Cons: highly unorganized, poor training and unprofessional.
The reviews below are accurate. I came in to the company lured by the flexibility and independence to grow my own business and one day after 10 years of service receive renewals (like a bonus percentage) from my book of business. If you are single or need a start, it's a one way into the insurance hustle. There were people from all walks of life grabbing at a the chance to improve their situation. If you are a single mother, you will have little off time to enjoy your children and will be hounded constantly by high-pressure managers to perform plus get leads that aren't worth the paper. Training managers were late and training itself was a nightmare at the field office. At the corporate Lombard office, the trainers were very good. Those making money either have a wide referral base or are established and payed their dues at great personal expense and time. With under two months in, I cut my losses. Found a great job paying.
Pay more to work than earn
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Aurora, CONovember 28, 2014
Pros: team work
This company utilizes texts to constantly keep every member in touch with every tiny detail, which means the phone never stops alerting you. Phone calls begin at 8:00am and do not stop until 9:00pm. In between, all the traveling with gas money and extras are out of pocket. Between the hours required at the office and those at home, as well as appointments, the pay is extremely low. It does include cold calls and the interviewers are meant to mislead the interviewee into believing that the payout will be worth it within months. During those months, the struggle to maintain a home, especially with children and a mortgage is not possible. All of the people who work here are children themselves, just out of high school or college dropouts that talk fast and don't understand just what it is they are selling to families.

1 2 3 4 5