American Income Life Insurance

American Income Life Insurance Employer Reviews

This was my first Insurance Company
Independent Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good managerial support
Cons: not many
It was a learning experience; my last day I made two sales before my temp license expired.
Works for a very few
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Aurora, COJuly 3, 2014
It is a viable option for income but certainly not for everyone. Tough skin and long hours plus notable personal expense and the ability to bend the truth required.
Productive Great work environment advancement opportunity
Licensed Agent (Current Employee), North Royalton, OHJuly 1, 2014
A typical day starts early and ends late. Had to sacrifice a lot of time with my family. I learned a lot about how to be professional. The most difficult part of the job is not being able to spend time with my family. The most enjoyable part was the ability to advance in the company.
Productive Great Pay
Executive Office Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: great pay great staff
Cons: no benifits
I loved working for this company. They recognize their employees true potiental and work with it. They alos have office lunches and team meeting just to get to know new employees. My managmnet were very friendly and helpful. They hardly yelled. The hardest part of my job was learning all the Medical termanology. My most enjoyable part of the job was – more... having my own office to help me feel more comfortable. – less
Great working office
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Lombard, ILJune 27, 2014
Pros: no cost 2, 000 accidental death insurance benefit
Cons: commission only
A work day at American Income would consist of driving to prospective customer's home, making customer feel comfortable and able to trust me, playing video's of our products, distributing no cost benefits, providing customer's information that was given by a memorized script, doing a needs a analysis, explaining the program that best meets the customer's – more... needs, and giving the customer option as to which program they wanted to purchase.

I've learned how to determine what each customer is concerned with the most. Whether it be protecting their child's education, paying off a mortgage, or final expenses.

Management was lots of fun but more training and support would help agents better. The co-workers were helpful and maintained a positive attitude.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to help a family that really needed coverage because they couldn't afford it. While, the most enjoyable part of the job was conversating and meeting the prospective customers. – less
A company designed to helping protect working class families
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Eatontown, NJJune 25, 2014
The atmosphere is energetic and positive, filled with people looking to help others and grow themselves. It is truly a company of people helping people to help people. Management is not easy but rewarding. The Job is not easing but no one ever said the road less traveled is an easy one. This career is an easy way to meet your own goals while helping – more... others to get there. – less
PASS ON THIS "OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME"
Agent (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJune 18, 2014
Pros: helped me open up and be more vocal with people.
Cons: destroys relationships, pay isn't worth the effort, no time outside of work except for sleeping
Been working here for 2 months and I told them I was taking the Saturday off to move to a move place and they were puzzled on why I would take a production day off to move. Plus with these long my girlfriend says it's starting to affect our relationship. I can't talk to my supervisor about this because he quit college a semester before graduation and – more... dumped his girl of five years for this job. If you want a job that will consume your life, seek out this company. If you have/want a family or even have hobbies like sports/gaming, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE TIME FOR THEM. Was promised when I received a phone call from them that I will make 45-60k a year. by my calculations it's a little closer to 20k if your lucky and don't get shafted by getting a lead stack from an area that's just been worked. Phones days consist of 8a-9p of meetings and calls with ONE meal around noon. When your out in the field they don't allow you to schedule a lunch and unless you pack something, you could work 12 hours on breakfast alone. This job is not worth the hassle. No 401k, health insurace, no paid vacations/holidays. Don't get drawn in like how I did when your fresh out of college, keep looking for a job in your field of study.

If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Prime example with this company. Only way to get ahead is to build your own army of minions so you get a portion of their sales ( pyramid scheme ).

remember if you take a job with them...

the harder you work, the more they get paid, and less work they have to do

I hope this helps someone. Stay safe out there. – less
Great Company to work for.
Sales/Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2014
Excellent opportunity for growth. Great Sales Team!!, and Super Management!
Poor Guidance/ misguidence
Personal Producer- Sales Agent (Former Employee), lansing miMay 19, 2014
the management lied about bonuses, and miss lead you when training. you pay for licensing only because they know you will fail and they make money off of it
Was outright lied to
Life Insurance Producer (Former Employee), Middletown, CTMay 14, 2014
Pros: there are a lot of great people who work there, they do want you to succeed.
Cons: your skills, knowledge and abilities mean nothing. it's about being a bit sleazy to get in the door.
Okay so I know something of the sales business and I knew that leads are how you make your sales. When I was being hired I told them I had concerns about this. I was assured that there are hundreds of thousands of the "Union" leads where we deliver free union benefits to get in the door.

After 2 plus months, I was still not yet "released". I found – more... out it was not due to my knowledge or abilities, but it was because I did not have enough of the Child Safe kit Boxes out in stores. Then flat out told these were going to be most of my leads so I had to do it. Unfortunately, my area is so saturated you cannot go anywhere without seeing these ugly things everywhere (if you are in a medium to low income area you have seen these around) so basically I wasted 2 months of my life with a dishonest company. Also a lot of the Union members already know why we are calling and just not interested so it renders many of these great leads void. – less
They lie to potential employees and lie to clients
Agent (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2014
Cons: .many, see above (which is only a few examples of the lies)
I was recruited with promises of leads given by the company through a dept that spoke entwith Union leaders who advised their members they should submit a yellow card saying they are interested in the insurance and would receive a call as this co was endorsed by their Union leader.

Instead, you have to get leads yourself through referrals from current – more... policyowners after you falsely gain entrance to their home saying you are there to e a "Child Safe Kit from the Division of the Police, Union, and Firefighters Union which does not exist. The persons address was obtained from a "Get Free Child Safe Kit" boxes set out in various small shops, etc around town.

The appts were at their home and made up to 9PM (which could put you at 11PM getting out of there if you were able to sell them on the insurance after you lie about why you are there. I lasted 4 days with 2 being on the road with "trainer" (age 23 and with the co not yet a year) before quitting. No pay of course, for working from 9AM to 10 and 11PM and the pay you were promised was supposed to be given you out of the trainer's commission pay, not from the company.

There are no Pro's to this type of employment as everything they do is a lie to get people to sell for them. – less
American Income life
Supervising Agent (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2014
Pros: great way to learn sales
Cons: not a solid way to make a living
The Atmosphere of American Income is very energetic and makes for a fun work environment, but that does not make money. By the time your released to sell life insurance your calling on leads that past agents have called on for years. The compensation/commission sounds an looks great also until the inevitable happens an someone gets declined or cancels. – more... Then your forced to pay it back out of your next paychecks. I am not trying to beat this company up just because i had a bad rap with it but in the two years that i worked there i only saw the top guys that started with that agency living the comfortable an flourishing lifestyle that the company promises. – less
Fun friendly workplace
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 11, 2014
Lots of fun people to work with! Lots of room for growth within the company, great training, pretty decent compensation
The real truth of American Income Life Insurance
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Phoenix ArizonaApril 6, 2014
Pros: great pay! completely flexible hours, always have the option to take a day off with no penalty, get to do good in the world
Cons: can be long hours (if you choose to have long hours) and a fair amount of driving
Ok, so many of you are looking into this company probably because you have interest or have been recruited and are curious about other's opinions. And you are probably telling yourself, its too good to be true.

Now I can tell you this straight out, I've never been so wrong in my life, because I too thought it would be too good to be true.
Some individuals – more... find difficulty in the field and feel the need to post reviews about this and that trying to convince others this company is fake or a sham. And all I can say to that, it is completely fake and untrue.

You WILL make money, and if you just do the job as you are trained, you wont just make money, but you will make more money than you ever thought possible. Each and every day I wake up and love my job more than the day before.

You want to become a manager? Do x and y and you WILL become a manager.

You want to make 100k this year (its much easier than you actually would think) do x and y and you WILL make 100k that year.

And the most beautiful thing of it all, you can retire in 10 years, and have income for the rest of your life, because when you sign someone up for a policy, you get paid the following week, and every year after that you will receive a commission check for that sale.

I'm sorry, but there is not a single job in this world that can offer the same financial security as American Income offers.

Ask yourself, do you want to make more money?
Do you want to never have to worry about money?
Do you want to be successful?

At American Income, they make sure that anyone who wants to be successful, and proves that they aren't lazy (you don't even need to be a good salesman), you will be.

Also, if you are looking into the phoenix office in specific, you will get to work with some of the greatest people you will ever meet. Only thing you need to do to be successful here, is want to be successful. – less
Avoid this company in the Arlington Market
Life/Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMarch 6, 2014
Cons: did not pay commissions, the ongoing training and field support was very weak.
Calling on and closing insurance leads. Recruiting new agents. Building a book of business
This is the biggest scam and they don't even care you know
Colorado Life and Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Aurora, COMarch 4, 2014
It costs them nothing to have you strung along on a need to know basis. Because if you did know you would realize before you got started but a bunch of...it is. So as a former employee let me break it down for ya.
1. They recruit every 3 mo because no one lasts loner than that before they realize they have been had.
2. They do it in mass recruits where – more... they try to make you feel special when and if they pick you. The only ones that are not picked are the ones who run because they saw through it. They get your name off job websites where you have a resume saying they think you would be perfect for this job.
3. They have one of the team leaders take you into a room and quickly tell you some glossy vague description of the company that can earn you a high figure would yoube interested. If you say yes then you wait until they have enough seen to usher eveyone at once into a conference room where the bull over runnith. They say you can make 6 figures, break down the pyramid of wealth and your at the bottom. Try to tell you how easy it is and it will only cost $75 at one point. You wait until your called back into the office and they tell you they will call if your hired.
4. Of course they call and you are told to come in where you find out you get no hourly wage and you have to pay $75 for online training that you will spend 1 week there and 1 week at home training and then 1 week for prep. then take your life and health state exams and your on your way to driving a ferrari
5. It's the hardest testing and it takes longer than 2 weeks to learn and dont expect any answers from anyone there they dont know and will not help. They dont want to see until you past your test. Oh ya it costs another $75 for the test and if you fail even 1 another $75 and so on. Meanwhile you are bringing in no money just paying;.
4. After you get your license you have to train with someone who came just a little before you and are still buying the bull working up the pyramid. They say you have to be in their car for 2 wks and then close out with the boss after an oral quiz. Which actually is your doing the sweat shop deeds of their job cold calling setting appts until you get to vocal and they release you. Now they let you kinow you have to pay another $150 for your licensing before you can sell.
5.You spend a fortune in gas running way beaten leads they give you and you have to put boxes out in territory where you run into each other and have to go check on for 1 or 2 leads to cold call because these are your only chance of selling. You will only receive a check after you bonus and it will only be the bonus. You have to wait another week for your commision.
5. Your commision gets less and less to because your team leader takes more and more until it is costing you to run leads for them. You have to be there for a year before you can get risiduals and no one I mean no one survives and then who gets your risiduals, your team leader and they start recruiting again.

This company is worse than used car salesman with their pitch and I was a desperate mothe of three who learned her lesson. Don't do it...it keeps them in business and restarting the cycle – less
Expenses Exceed Income
Independent Agent (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: everything else
Had a manager that didn't train us the way he was supposed to. Didn't credit us the money we needed to get started like other trainers did so we had to pay for all start up costs, gas, and supplies ourselves. I ran out of money to support the job and they wouldn't work with me so I had to quit.
Selling Life and Health Insurance
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Olivette, MOFebruary 20, 2014
I really liked this job. I sold life and health insurance to people in their home.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: expericences
Cons: relocation
Fun, great people, great experiences, great work environment
Great work place if you are very young and single
Agent (Former Employee), North Royalton, OhJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: unlimited income potential
Cons: you will have to be willing to work 16 hour days 7 days a week
Very strange place to work. The insurance aspect is fine, great policies, lots of options for potential clients, lots of free gimmicks to get clients interested so they will let you in their homes. The office environment is very intense. Lots of very intense twenty-somethings with massive egos, and loud mouths. Management will talk down to you if are – more... struggling or need a day off. You will spend 90% of every day at work and working on something work related. There is no balance between home and work life. – less

1 2 3 4