American Income Life

American Income Life Employee Reviews

good company, bad set up
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Sharonville, OHMay 18, 2015
this company is wonderful but the way they are set up to sell does not work well. I would not want to be the person being sold into the company.
Fun work environment because of exceptional coworkers
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Troy, MIMay 15, 2015
Pros: Hour lunches, on the job training, excellent co-workers
Cons: Extreme conditions in the summer
I learned a great deal about the basics of cars and was taken in and taught more than just the basics by some of the technicians.

My coworkers make the job as fun as it was. Everyone was hard-working but very light-hearted and enjoyed laughter. But no one forgot that business was business and there is a time and place for everything.

The hardest part of the job was working on the vehicles in 110 degree heat during the summers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships that my co-workers and I formed. There was definitely a camaraderie that made the day fly by.
I loved getting to know my tenants
Human Resources/Personal Recruiter (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 15, 2015
Everyday i"m handing out applications explaining to them how the process goes show appartments, inspection of apartments.Maangement are good people to talk to and very understanding for any situation. co-workers are asy to get along with and good workers. Nothing was hard about the job. flexable with hours.
Long Hours
General Agent (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 12, 2015
Pros: Meet new people
Cons: long hours for only commission
I worked 12-15 hour days on straight commission. If you don't want a family life this job is for you. You can move into management with a lot of hard work, but at that point you give all your money away. The only good thing I got from working there is the friendships that I made. I loved the job for the fact that I helped protect families by providing life insurance to them. I know every person I helped, I also helped their family as well.
Highly competitive
Manager in Training (Current Employee), Raleigh NCMay 12, 2015
Pros: Meets customer needs
Cons: Works to wee hours
Have to put so many hours in, avenue to get to help people and most importantly customer needs and wants based on individual needs
Awesome place
Sake (Current Employee), Jax FLMay 10, 2015
Pros: Easy money, great leadership, flexibility
Cons: Long hours at first
Most people writing reviews on here are full of garbage . This company has been the best place I've ever worked for and I've had over 20 jobs in my life. I became a personal producer within 2 months of working here. That means I work my own hours.. I work maybe 15 hours a week and I'm making over 1000$ a week. 1300 $, 2100$, 1100$... Those are my paychecks the last 3 weeks. This person who said they don't see union members is a liar. I see tons of union members ever single week. All we do is go to people and educate them on why they need to protect themselves. Easy job and easy money. At first, yes.. You have to work long hours while you train. But one you're done with training everything becomes easier. I've made over 4g in 3 weeks so you tell me.....
Productive and fun work atmosphere
Insurance Salesperson (Former Employee), Maumelle, ARMay 4, 2015
Pros: Lots of room for advancement
Cons: Long hours, commissioned pay
The day began with a series of meetings and teaching workshops to learn new products and services. The office was fun and welcomed input to improve operations. Management was upbeat and extended himself and his expertise to assist all agents. The hardest part of this job was investing the time necessary to grow my business to make a decent commission salary. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching the average customer why insurance coverage is not a luxury but a necessity.
Competitive demanding job
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 29, 2015
There is a lot of driving involved and the hours are very long. Great people to work with and the management is great as well.
productive and fun workplace
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FLApril 29, 2015
Pros: great pay and bonus
Cons: chargebacks
without any will power or determination you will fail.
commiision only.The managers will help you if you are struggling.Well some managers. They say your the owner of the business you write, But they do have a schedule they want you to run. Work 6 days a week off sunday unless they advice agents to book appoinments for sunday.
Great Professional Experience
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 28, 2015
Sold whole life insurance, Term insurance, and many other riders.
Very good experience and very positive atmosphere*
Motivating and Friendly Atmosphere
Insurance Agent/Producer (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: 100% commission
Contacted and set appointments with potential clients by utilizing mailings
Determined clients' needs and financial standing through appointments; determining extent of present coverage and investments
Developed a protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term strategy implementation.
Obtained underwriting approval by completing application for coverage.
Great sales experiance
Life insurance agent (Former Employee), Plantation, FLApril 16, 2015
The company required 6 days of work a week, which would be 3 days in the office setting up appointments for the other 3 days we worked. I was required to memorize a script along with a laptop presentation I did with my clients. Great for learning the sales industry and take advice from business professionals.
Good company to work for in the industry
Agent (Current Employee), Beltsville, MDApril 15, 2015
Pros: Union benefits
Cons: paid union dues.
This a union shop. It is a good place to work. Have a job culture which is good but not a place to make much money. This is a sale position which is not what I am looking for at this time.
Amazing Energy
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Worthington, OHApril 14, 2015
Wonderful energy in the office, always had people pushing you to be better and tons of support. The only down fall for me was the fact that it was commission based and the inconsistency made me uneasy.
Intense
Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Nitro, WVApril 14, 2015
Pros: Commission is awesome.
Cons: How little personal time you have.
Such a great company to work for. The only down fall is how little time you have to just live your life. The hours are long and being on the road all day is hard.
insurance
MGA (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 14, 2015
typical day was long and never ending. started at 9am for office work. which entailed hiring, training and managing my agents. then field started at 2pm which could end past midnight. this part was for field training and mentoring my people to be the best they could be for the families we sat with.
i learned how to build an agency from the ground up and how to maintain and grow my agency as well.
the direct manage i had was ok to deal with, very motivating. but the promises never happened.
the co-workers are the best anyone could ask for.
the hardest part was managing my home life while working all the time.
most enjoyable part was helping and teaching familes about insurance.
Completely misleading.
Sales Representative/Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 12, 2015
Pros: Awesome management and staff, Energetic and accepting workplace, Full and intensive 2-4 week training is provided (without pay)
Cons: Misleading, Clients don't even know you sell life insurance, It's a NUMBERS GAME, and a sad one at that, It's all smoke and mirrors
Ill be honest, there's alot of successful agents that make six figures a year. But it is ALL a numbers and luck game.. the job description states that I would be 'working with union members as their personal consultant to deliver and explain their benefits.' Out of my three months, I did not meet one union member. It's all smoke and mirrors... The real way you get prospects is by giving them an unexpected, unwanted, scripted, misleading phone call to give them a FREE Child Safe Kit or a FREE $2,000 life policy that their friend referred them or they submitted a form to get one. Mind you, THESE PEOPLE THINK YOURE GIVING THEM A FREE CHILD SAFE KIT TO PROTECT THEIR BABIES, and then you end up transitioning into life insurance and try to MAKE THEM buy the plan with the sales/control techniques they teach you. Most people don't buy, but are pretty mean to you and feel insulted. HEY! I would too if you lied to get into my home to sell my life insurance. They give you the statistic that 3/12 will buy. Most dont show up or ditch you.. You make 30 appointments a week and your goal is to meet with 12, THAT'S PATHETIC. You are a 1099 employee but theyll work you and make you work certain hours like your a W-2 employee WHICH IS NOT FAIR. They get away with this because you have to sign a new contract every 6 months as a "training employee". This job will hire you on very misleading information and unkept promises... DONT WORK AT AMERICAN INCOME. YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME AND MONEY.
Not a lot of training
Supervising Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: being in the field and meeting people
Cons: minimal to no training
This job may be good for young single sales people looking to break ground in the sales industry. However, minimal to no training, a lot of micro-managing and working 7 days a week is required.
Not Impressed
General Agent (Former Employee), Asheville, NCApril 6, 2015
I did not think the office and area I worked in was well managed at all. The leads were always years old, not new and fresh. I felt the company wanted us to be deliberately misleading in their scripts and that compromised my values and did not want to continue work for them.
A great opportunity for a great company but compensation was strictly commission.
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 5, 2015
Pros: Very flexible schedule, Beautiful location
Cons: Commission based, worked many late nights
This job helped me to become very organized, as I was ultimately self employed. Compensation was straight commission. Working straight commission and being away from my family just was not a good fit being fresh out of college.

1 2 3 4 5

About American Income Life

Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight – Read more

American Income Life Salaries