American Income Life Employee Reviews

Ok job
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 5, 2016
The management is not in order, the second shift supervisor does not know what she is doing. In my opinion i wish it was a better job coworkers are cool.
ok
Supervising Agent (Current Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 2, 2016
It is what you make of it! if you are career minded and self motivated this is a great job! If you have any lazy bones, it is not the job for you.
Pros
make your own paycheck
Cons
hours
Laid back place to work
Feild Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 2, 2016
If making money isn't important then this is the job for you. You can go months with out a paycheck working for this company. The commission is great when you make sales. But that is hard to do with used leads and poor training. Not only that but this job can put your wallet in the negative quick when you have to travel alot and pay for it all.
Pros
Ping-pong Table, pool table, dart board, fun meetings
Cons
Commission only, travel without compensation
It's a trap. Don't do it
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Wexford, PADecember 1, 2016
They try to bring you in by talking about all this money. Worst job. Hours are basically 9-9 Monday through Friday plus Saturday mornings. So much driving. Will have to fill up probably 2-3 times a week. Can work all these hours and make nothing. No guaranteed pay. Current high up employees get on here to write good reviews to act like it's a good job. Can make a lot of money over a long period of time but you will have no life for atleast 3-5 years TRYING to do so. Leads arent even good. They will make you door knock. You will have no life doing this. Do not fall into the trap
Pros
Cons
Ridiculously long hours, no guaranteed pay. Not even $1 a week. So much driving. No guaranteed sales/leads.
100% commission with only a few leads
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 30, 2016
This company is 100% commission including no pay during training. I do not recommend this company to anyone. Very difficult to secure appointments as there are very few good leads. Very long hours.
Insurance takes time
Life consultant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 29, 2016
I would drive around to my appointments which would take about 8 hours a day, present and hopefully make a sale. The toughest part was making sure the appointments stuck to schedule.
Pros
compensation was great.
Cons
compensation was occasionally hard to come by
fun place to work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Wexford, PANovember 26, 2016
Very fun environment to work at. Hours and job can be demanding but worth it in the end. The pay is very good, and just a laid back fun environment to work at.
Challenging position for new employee
Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 26, 2016
I enjoyed the challenge of working on 100 % commission with leads but didn't have the financial stability to work months without a stable income.
Pros
Leads generated for you
Cons
Takes a long time to build a client base that can support a person financially
Not for the weak
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 24, 2016
This career path is really not for someone who is not dedicated.
A typical day for a supervising manager would be getting in the office before 9, run training and interviews until 2, and hit the field until 9-10pm.

I felt like the job interview was not accurate with the actual position. For a fortune 500 company I felt like it was ran very unprofessional.

To be very honest I left because I felt that morally the company was not doing the right thing. With both hiring and selling it was very hard to do well if you were not good with preying on peoples emotions. It was not for me.
Pros
50% commissions on sales
Cons
set up like a pyramid scheme, long work hours, no real structure.
Can be a fun environment when quotas are being met.
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 23, 2016
As long as the work is being done the bosses are happy, however if it's not they can be mean. You have to have tough skin too work here. Customers hang up on you all the time and frequently cuss you out and you have to hold your tongue.
Pros
If work is done early you are still paid.
Cons
Part time, low pay, disgruntled customers, lack of communication
It was great working at American Income Life
Administrator/Contractor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2016
A typical day at work was spent talking to clients resolving their issues or making sure their plan/package was up to date. At other times, I had to go to the field to meet with clients.
It's alright.
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 22, 2016
Working in HR is not enough of a job to keep you going. It is more of a side job. Some of the goals are unrealistic but it is a lax work environment. HR is excluded out of all the activities and there is no loyalty within the company. Everything is results based.
Only for people who are natural sales people
New employee (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 21, 2016
If you were not looking for a sales job to begin with do not work for this job.

I went through the 4 step interviewing process, said yes and then reconsidered and declined the job. A day or day after I had declined the job a stranger called me back up asking me the same questions the company asks for strangers when they are getting cold called. The person did not have any record that I had interviewed with the company before.

They just want to fill seats they do not care about you as an employee or what you seek in a job.
Pros
Easy interviewing process. If you are interested at all you got the job.
Cons
They do not keep track of who you are or what you said, they do not care about you in any way as an employee.
On your own
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 19, 2016
With little supervision, you will be left on your own to figure out a majority of things. They will show you once, so pay attention. Time management will be your friend here.
n/a
PRODUCER/MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 16, 2016
Loved the work place environment. Managers worked great with you. Great job for people just getting out of college or high school.
Traveling insurance salesman
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 12, 2016
Need money to make money. On the road more than you are home. Cannot really have any form of social life. Potential to make a lot of money. Trick people into buying stuff.
Pros
Potential to make a lot of money
Cons
Need money to make money, travel a lot, no social life
Not a good place to start
Union Benefits Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 10, 2016
If your broke because of not working and have a family to raise, this place will dig you in the money pit hole further. You pay for all of your gas, all the hours that you put in, and you do not get compensated for it.
Pros
Cons
You pay out of pocket for all of your expenses
Family oriented, fun workplace
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 8, 2016
A typical work week is Mondays and Thursdays in the office. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday in the field. A typical workday is starting your workday at 3 pm to go see clients and being out until 9 or 10 pm. If no showed by appointment, you would have to do constant go back, door knocks of people who's union card that returned it to you or call to set ore appointments.

I've learned a lot while being here not just about the company but about myself. I've learned how to better manage my time, how to be more confident and take control, how to speak to people. I've learned about all different types of insurances, financial advisers, other life insurance companies, life insurance procedures. The training here is GREAT!

My personal management team wasn't so good. I tried switching teams to further help my advancement and progress but was not allowed to do so. I didn't receive as much support from my own team that I got from another team. But regardless of what team I was on, I still sought to get the advice and help to make sure I was success even if I only got it on Mondays and Thursdays.

Although it wasn't much, This is the first job that I ever had support. and so many people who cared about my success. We are all just like a family and we held each other up. No man left behind.

The hardest part of the job was staying encouraged when things around you weren't so good. No shows, charge backs, policy cancellations, lapsed policies, it was really tough dealing with that and having to work twice as hard to make sure you still get a paycheck.

The most enjoyable
  more... part was that I had freedom to work whenever I wanted. All of the workers get along with each other and the pay was great when I did get a pay check and a bonus for the week.  less
Pros
compensation-bonuses, weekly paychecks, release checks &renewals
Cons
wasn't enough help at times, chargebacks, long hours
Great opportunity, extreme sacrifice.
Supervising Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 7, 2016
American Income is not a scam and there is huge potential with the company. Definitely not recommended for anybody with a family or currently in school. Compensation is 100% commission and training (3-8 weeks) is unpaid. If you are comfortable with sales and visiting clients at their home, have two months to invest and about 80 hours a week working 6 to 7 days a week then it could be worth it for you. Some people are able to make 20k + a month some people struggle to make 1k.
Pros
huge income potential and advancement opportunity
Cons
Excessive hours, 100% commission
It was a fun environment, the people are nice.
Recruiter. (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 7, 2016
It was fine working there but I didn't work there long enough to find out much about the environment or anything very detailed. But I quit because it was a commission based job, and I didn't like that very much.
Pros
I could work at home.
Cons
It was commission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Income Life. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4