American Income Life Employee Reviews in United States

Tasks/ Duties
Insurance and Financial Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAAugust 25, 2016
Insurance and Financial Services Agent
• Financial consulting with various union based clients to provide suitable asset protection services such as
investment and retirement plans, college savings programs, mortgage protection, and long term estate planning
• Successfully manage a book of business via exceptional client service, meticulous scheduling, networking, and
generating new business via referral collecting
What I like about my current position
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHAugust 23, 2016
This job has taught me a lot! I work long hours and do what it takes to make sure the job is done efficiently. I do everything from planning, tracking, documenting paperwork for underwriting and claim purposes to manager duties like recruiting and training. I am in the office from 8am to 4pm doing my paperwork and recruiting duties and from 4pm till 9pm I am writing business and doing claims. If I can work hard and do this job I can do any job with the proper training and be amazing at it! The hardest part of the job would be the long hours and the wear and tear on my vehicle without being reimbursed. What I do enjoy about the job is that there is a great support system here and the people you work with are a team and want to help everyone succeed!
Pros
Great support from your leaders
Cons
long hours 60+ hours a week in order to make money
Very Productive work place
Vice President of Public Relations (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79912August 21, 2016
always first hand customer relations and the chance to excel through the chain. Must remain active and assertive...Very productive environment.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
must be able to move from location to location.
money is more important then client
Producing Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 18, 2016
Expected to work 6 days a week all hours. Visit clients in the evenings. Expected to do random drop by's where you stop by someone's house unannounced. No family work balance.
Pros
Cons
management
Do not work there
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 17, 2016
Bait and switch interview. At no time during the interview was I told this was a strictly commissioned based position. This is a terrible company. Do not work here.
Cons
Scam!!!!!! This place is a ripoff do not work here
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 17, 2016
This is not a legitimate place to work, I think it is a Ponzi scheme. I worked almost 50 plus hours a week for 2 months and passed my exam first try, I basically made appointments for the manager for him to close on deals that I setup to not get a dime this place is the WORST!
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Unlimited opportunity
Agent (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 16, 2016
Great place to start business in life insurance field! Not for everyone, but very rewarding for hard working, business minded individuals. Perfect company to start a career.
Pros
Unlimited income and opportunity
Cons
Not for everybody
challenging but rewarding place to work
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 15, 2016
Spend most of the day on the phone reaching out to prospective clients. Set up in home appointments with prospective clients to educate and explain life insurance. Teach them about the benefits of having a policy, the different types of life insurance policies, provide them with an affordable policy to protect their family.
Pros
Very good compensation plan
Cons
very little if any work life balance
Great people, managers didn't help.
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 14, 2016
My co-workers were great, but the management was very to them selves they didn't help if you needed it and most of your time was spent floundering after training.
Pros
good people.
Cons
no help.
Hard workers
Supervising agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 11, 2016
The job consisted of hard workers and learners who sold life and health insurance. Many long hours but rewarding if all went well. Co-workers motivate you to work as a team to make sales and retention goals.
long hours 100% commission
Life Prducer (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 11, 2016
liked working with the other agents, not much support given to new hires, especially new to the industry. Worked long hours in the office setting schedule, long hours in the field...can go weeks without a sale, therefore, no compensation for work done.
okay
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 10, 2016
Company is nice but they talk it up way more then it is, disorganized terrible communication and compensation is great but be prepared to work long hours with nothing coming in for the first few months. there is also an aspect of it that seems like door to door sales
Pros
Potential earning is high
Cons
Terrible training, no organization, bad work life balance (if you actually want to make money)
Good company and fun management
State Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJAugust 10, 2016
I was at America Income for 8 months and it was a great experience. This job is not for everyone though. You have to be prepared to work 7 days a week, because if your not out selling, you're not making money.
Pros
whole lot of money
Cons
commission
Simple, but not easy
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2016
Typical day at work consists of making phone calls at the office between 9-4pm and attending meetings 3 days a week. We have 2-5 days out in the field going to the appointments that we made. Everyone in the office is great and everyone wants you to succeed and will help you in any way that they can. The hardest part of the job is all the driving and client no-shows. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping and informing families of what's available to them financially and the no-cost benefits we provide as part of our service.
Pros
Lots of support, bonuses, flexible schedule
Cons
Driving, long hours
Commission based salary with potential for bonuses
Independent Contractor/Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 9, 2016
The company did not support my family financially so I left within my first 60 days in the field. This is a door-to-door sales job with no guarantee income!
Pros
Helful managers
Cons
Commission ONLY and no taxes taken out of your pay
Great People
HR/Manager/Insurance (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 8, 2016
The best part of this job is the people and friends you make. Also the fun exciting environment. Never a dull moment. Commission is not for everyone and the work hours are very long but if you work hard it pays off.
Great Opportunity
Agency Owner and State Director for Oklahoma (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 2, 2016
American Income Life is a great opportunity for anyone that has a lot of drive an determination. The people are great in the office and management is very supportive.
Challenging and low quality job
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 29, 2016
You are expected to be at the office at 8am and will routinely work until 10pm in cities, in my experience, up to an hour and change away from your home office, much less your home. It is bait and switch sales where you are invited to someone's home under the guise of free benefits and then attempt to sell life insurance to the people.

It is, in fairness, a great place if you have the right stuff for this kind of job. In the duration I worked there, I made $546 one week, $673 the next, $884 the next and then less than $100 for the following weeks. Unfortunately, they press you to make your own leads even though they charge you $125 per week to use theirs and that is for a simple reason: their leads are baseless and dry up rather quickly.
Pros
No clock in/ clock out
Cons
a broken down car, never seeing your wife, uncertain income, being aggressively thrown out of houses for being a sleazy bait and switch salesman
Fast paced sales position
Insurance sales (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 29, 2016
In the office is where appointments are set and then most of the week is in the field going to appointments and educating the client about the services our company provides. The hardest part of the job is being able to set a good amount of appointments and getting referrals towards more. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to financially protect members assets through using insurance products.
Pros
helping protect families
Cons
very demanding job with countless driving hours
Fun
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 29, 2016
Everything was fun. A typical day at work was making calls, setting appts, I learned alot of things about insurance, customer service skills, and how to communicate with all walks of life.

2.4