American Institute for Research Employee Reviews

Great for Permanent; Not so great for Contractors/Temps
Payroll Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2017
I've been a contractor here for almost a year. I've seen at least 7 people resign in my Dept since then. My direct supervisor is great, the managers are not. The HR Dept is unfriendly and the Receptionist is just plain rude.
Pros
You get free breakfast on Wednesday
Cons
Bad treatments of contractors
software test analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 22, 2016
This is a great company to work with. Has a nice atmosphere to it. The hours are really convenient for busy schedule. You get a 45 minute lunch. Overall a really great place to work
Pros
lunch
Very Laid back
IT Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 4, 2016
Extremely Laid back and a nice culture. Work can be hard but every answer is available for you. There are many resources.
Work here only if you enjoy a high stress, no training and constant belittlement by superiors
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 4, 2015
This was an invalidating experience. Training consisted of being told that we were preforming "logic checks" but then would be reprimanded in front of peers if your logic wasn't the same as theirs. Those put in charge of temps routinely talked down to and about other temps behind their backs. This place gives no second chances, feedback or even preference in the hiring process to internal transfers. The VP in charge of our department routinely shuffled projects around making it impossible for anyone to know what they were working on day to day. Only perk was bagels on wednesday.
Pros
Free Bagels on Wednesdays
Cons
Senior staff seems to go out of their way to make subordinates feel insecure about their jobs.
review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 19, 2015
very great place to work and I wish I could have had a longer assignment with this company. Very dedicated team members and management.
excellent place to learn and grow your expereince
Software Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  georgetown, D.COctober 20, 2015
great working environment, place where you can learn about new technology. Good management people are place to guide you through.
good experience
Human Resource Information System Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  washington, DCFebruary 5, 2014
Professional and friendly staff. Being a business analyst, I got to get in touch with different department and learned how they worked and functioned. Is always interesting to see how different departments and individuals from different department work. For eg: in one of my major projects, I worked with HR and IT department together. Interacting with both departments and reaching a common ground was challenging, but fun as well.
Pros
free beverages and free bangles on wednesdays.
Fun office place
Joint Program in Survey Methodolgy Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 29, 2013
I only worked here as an intern for the summer, but it was one of the most fun offices I have ever been too. Free breakfast on Wednesdays and special treats on Fridays. Free soda fountain and popcorn available all day.

The work load was average and fun to complete.
Pros
lots of free food
I have five plus years of experience in software testing in frontend and backend. I have written MS-SQL queries to test data and to generate reports.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2014
I am a very hard worker, detail oriented and a team player. I know many languages like Java, VB Script, HTML and XML.
Pros
Detail oriented and friendly.
Great Opportunities
Facilities Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 7, 2014
This is a very fast paced and competitve environment. Friendly and outgoing staff but there is so much work to be done! Rewards are great, lots of office parties and recognition for the companies overall success.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very little balance between work and personal life
Fun coworkers and a low stress environment.
Multimedia Designer - Computer Graphics (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, D.C.May 24, 2013
Steady workload with realistic due dates for product testing and delivery. Management provided detailed and clear documentation of what the client wanted making the creation of the product easy.
Cons
Parking is difficult and expensive.
entry level
Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 4, 2015
It's learning experience for a person starting off in the field; from this position how desktop analyst handle or support their client at tier one level.
Pros
learn experience
Cons
no grow within this department
Great Company to work.
Bilingual Scoring Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 26, 2012
I love this position I was a Spanish translator for the partially blind and dyslexia people in the education arena. the management team was fun, co workers helpful and nice, be able to help people.
Pros
monday to friday dress down.
For productvie and excellent place to work
Service Desk Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMay 1, 2014
This was one of my best contract positions. Supporting the scientist across made this job very interesting.
Pros
Working with Scientist who specialized in education
Accounts Payable Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 17, 2012
Working at the company is hectic, requires a lot more than what you sign up for. Not much to discuss and I would perfer not to rate the companies I work for.
Productive work place
QA Tester/Mobile Device Certification (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 7, 2014
This is a very good place to work. AIR provides an opportunity to grow and accomplish your career goals.
Great for starting up
Software Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, D.CJune 23, 2014
Good culture nice and friendly environment. Employees are supportive if you pull your weight
Good
Help Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2014
Respond to e-mails and phone calls. Good work environment, and good office culture