American Institute of Certified Public Accountants

American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Employer Reviews

Positive Place to Work
Senior Manager, Service Center, E-Mail Response (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, car service
Cons: annual appraisals how they were issued
Had to work my way up to Senior Management. All staff no matter what level they were on got along. The majority of watt became very close and worked as a family.
Research before you come
Peer Review Coordinator (Current Employee), Durham, NCApril 29, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: to many to list
It's a job - Depending on whch department you are working for, All they care about is numbers - Management is just Management - No leaders most of them are followers -If you are not part o the crew or click - you are just another employee - They care about their own careers not yours - Not a fun place to work - My co-workers are the BEST - They make – more... it worth coming to work. – less
Good For All But SCO
Member Services Specialist (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 5, 2013
Pros: great culture, community involvement, flexible schedule and more
Cons: pros are not able to be enjoyed by sco
Let me start out by saying this is a great place to work unless you are in the service center. Everyone else seems to love their job and they should there is a great culture with a ton of company events. While I was there 2 US senators came to speak, where else does this happen.

The Service center(SCO) is the institute's home for advanced studies in – more... the field of Micromanagement. Here supervisors often spend more time watching their people work than handling escalations and other time sensitive task they have. For those in the service center you will get to attend 15 minutes of the 3 hour company event and get told you are lucky to get that much. You will see half the building work from home on a Friday. You will be told only 2 members of your group of 10 can be off at a time but see 2 of your 3 supervisors off with the 3rd working only a half day.

If you are hard up for a job like I was when I started here, it is better than nothing. It is an honest job with honest wages. If you are a grass is greener job seeker I would advise you to stay away if the job is in SCO.

I am not bitter and do not regret my time at the AICPA, I worked with some amazing people that made this place a home. But I do hope to warn those seeking a job in the SCO what they are stepping into. – less
Good Environment
Format Editor (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 16, 2012
I worked in the Texas office. It was laid back provided you got your work done. Everyone was very nice, etc. This does not matter much as they closed the Texas office.

My main gripe with the company is that they treat the offices that aren't the headquarters as if they are less important than that office. There were rumors going around the office that – more... it would close when the lease was up, and they were true. Management lied and told us that, of course they would never do that. Right up until they did.

I love the company, I wish I could still work for them... in Texas. I hope they're able to integrate our jobs into the Durham office. – less
Great company. Excellent working conditions.
Technical Manager (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 23, 2012
Great company. Excellent working conditions.

Worked with all levels of management and production.
Great place to work!
Member Services Specialist II (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 6, 2012
Pros: employee incentives, on campus cafe
Cons: n/a
They really care about their employees. Loved the people and the culture.
Great Place to work -- above average call center environment.
Member Service Specialist II (Current Employee), Durham, NCMarch 7, 2012
While I am no longer interested in a call center environment -- the AICPA has a rather pleasant sized call center and the salary is tolerable.