American InterContinental University

American InterContinental University Employer Reviews

Very Misleading
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great start pay
Cons: long commute, all about numbers, too much like a call center
I loved being to speak with different prospective students and help change their lives. There is too much pressure to make your quota no matter what it takes. There is inconsistency between training and once you get on the phones.
Admission Advisor
NATIONAL ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: helping people go to school
Cons: hours
Contact potential students to enroll in school and help them through the preparation for school. I prospected 25% of my day and 50% conducting interviews with potential students. 25% is follow up with current students to help them with their documentations for school. The remaining 25% is presenting to the Director of Admissions the students we deem are a good fit for the school.
Peaceful place to work
Fashion Administrative Assistance/Instructor (Current Employee), Weston, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: not enough hours of work
Peaceful place to work in an environment with different types of people.
I liked it until they fired me.
Faculty (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IADecember 15, 2014
The management was excellent, the communication was excellent, the salary was great. My performance reviews were great. I was fired.
productive work place
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), DownersGrove, ILDecember 6, 2014
a typical work day for me is when I'm relaxed peaceful and enjoying my time while working in a environment where it is full of helpful loving people. a company that not only appreciate the workers but also supports their needs.
Typical proprietary atmosphere but with a love for their student body.
Interim Campus Director (Current Employee), Weston, FLDecember 1, 2014
Pros: healthcare, benefits, co-workers, students
Cons: not enough work-life balance overall
AIU-South Florida has been a wonderful place to work. The students as well as the staff/faculty have been like nothing I have experienced in my overall 25 years of experience of proprietary education industry. Unfortunately, this campus is in a teach out so that makes the day to day tasks vary greatly. I have been given the position of Interim Campus Director to ensure the smooth operation of the final stages of the campus closure. This includes dealing with students that have a few more challenges in finishing classes due to a time limit with the school against their own schedules.

The hardest part of my job, currently, is packing up all that is part of the current campus. Making sure the logistics happen timely along with continuing my day to day job function with the P&L and staff/faculty interaction. We are reducing our employee forces every term so this mean more and more falls on those who are left. This allows me to have a more intimate professional relationship and allow those employees that are remaining a change to vent and also grow in whatever aspect they can considering our circumstances.

The most enjoyable part of my job, as well as any other job that I have had in my 25 years, is the interaction with the students. No matter what position I have ever held, talking to the students have always allowed me to remember why I do what I do and why I love the education industry.
Its a job
National Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Downers grove illinoisNovember 10, 2014
Pay is good but turnover is very high. Have seen dozens of people come and go in almost 2 years. Very numbers drive environment along with what have you done recently. Like as of this week/day what have you done.
Private educational institution
Senior Student Services/Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Weston, FLNovember 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no room for advancement
I've learned a great deal under various managers about becoming a great manager. Although there are constant changes within the organization, I've chosen to stay on throughout the teach out of the Florida campus. I've come to realized that commitment on my part doesn't necessarily guarantee room for advancement during economic woes.

Working with students and staff have its rewards. Students have shown their appreciation for me helping them reach their goal of earning their degree. Staff members show they care about making a difference in others lives and live by example.

The hardest and most difficult part of what I do is knowing that it's coming to an end and I must prepare for my next journey. My hope is that each person that I've help along the way can look back and know that they can achieve anything positive in life of they would only believe in themselves.
This was a really cool first job.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2014
Pros: worked on campus and had set hours around my school schedule
I worked in the Financial Aid office of my school as an assistant, so I pretty much did a lot receptionist work. I file documents, scanned in documents, and assist the advisors with anything they needed. I learned how to carry myself in a professional environment, and the importance of handling personal documents with care. My managers and supervisors were amazing. They always made sure we were getting enough hours as well as working with us when it came to our financial aid funding for work study and schedules. My co-workers were pretty cool too. I met a lot of interesting people that I was able to learning different skills from.
Tough environment
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILNovember 3, 2014
High pressure sales tactics on a daily basis borderline harassing and unethical practices
Positive atmosphere
Team Lead Document Coordinator (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILNovember 2, 2014
Great place to work with many opportunities to advance and grow. Management is understanding and always wiling to work with you.
Productive and fun place to work
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2014
Cons: a lot of pressure to obtain quotas
Fast paced environment with a lot of time spent smiling and dialing.
Excellent work environment!
Vice President of Admissions (Sales) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: almost everything
Cons: went completely online
This company had the best team of professionals I have ever seen.
Life balance
ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: amount of time there / benefits
Cons: culture
Great times until Culture change more about the bottom line than the student .
Live Chat Advisor
Live Chat Advisor (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 14, 2014
Pros: nice people to work with (not for); good benefits
Cons: bosses with poor management/people skills
The majority of my job was to chat online with prospective students and answer general questions about the school, the goal being to enroll them into school. Generally, it was a fairly easy job, but slowly, the management added more and more responsibilities for us to do while getting paid the same. Also, this was a for-profit school, and they basically enrolled anyone. AIU was not the most ethical place, and after a while, that got tiresome.
Team Work
Certified Campus Registrar (Former Employee), Weston, FLOctober 11, 2014
Pros: i was able to work with some of the finest educators.
Cons: location
One of the best parts about working there was that the entire staff was extremely dedicated. All departments worked together as a team to ensure positive student experiences.
Good company!
Student Management Specialist (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 6, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: stressful, pressure
I have recommended for others to work at AIU and for some it has been very good. (Myself included) The work/life balance is challenging in the environment and now a change in location is prompting me to pursue other opprotunities.
AIU
Career Service Assistant (Former Employee), atlanta GaOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good
American Intercontinetal University best Job ever, good enviroment and good people.
Great helping people
Admissions Advisor Specialist (Former Employee), Beaverton OrSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: helping students
Cons: losing students
It was a great feeling to know you help someone realize their dreams an the best way to accomplish them is through education. I loved helping students overcome challenges that might be standing in the way of them completing school. My co-workers were wonderful all very dedicated to the students success. The management was ever changing and not very concerned about the students needs.
Great Place to work
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Great training, friendly staff. Didnt like the favoritism or segregation. However workplace was very nice, co workers were great. I learned how to overcome obstacles via phone and work around initial questions and concerns.

1 2 3 4 5