American InterContinental University Employee Reviews

productive and fun work place.
financial aid advisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 2, 2016
Working here was a very great experience the workplace was very productive and provided the experience I needed to excel in my future endeavors I loved working here but I with my experience I have I am looking for bigger opportunities.
Dedicated educator with more than 20 years professional experience.
Program Chair, General Education (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2016
Excellent Company to establish a career. Dedicated to Pedagogy. many opportunities exist for faculty and staff. Many people have advanced in the organization.
Full Time College Student
Full Time Online College Student (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 2, 2015
I am learning a lot in my college courses. I have found that after being out of school for close to 20 years it has been very difficult getting back into the swing of things.
Demanding
Financial Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLNovember 9, 2015
Very demanding work environment. Constantly making phone calls in financial aid position. Did not have leaders support, and no job security.
currently taking classes
Student (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 6, 2015
I am an online student and have been for the past 2 years. It is a challenge but I am maintaining above a 3.2 GPA despite having a full time job and other duties. I will be graduating in May 2016 with a Bachelors and would like the opportunity to get my foot in the door in Information Technology.
My classes consist of reading, writing papers as well as putting together power point presentations. I have virtual lab assignments and participate in online group discussions.
Since classes are all online, I have a week to get all of my homework in before the deadline. This should show how discipline I am. I manage my time well since time management is one of the main concerns especially if one has never done online schooling. It was difficult at first but with practice and repetition, it has become quite easy.
Unhealthy work environment
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2015
Not a healthy environment to work in. Too many politics, employees not treated fairly. HR does not respect confidentiality and not reliable support system. Retaliation is ignored by HR and HR ignores deep rooted problems that can only hurt the school if the public was aware of the schools operational practices. HR will lie to employees and state no one has complained about certain situations when employees have complained, which apparently HR is unaware of employees recording their complaints on their phones proving HR lies and hides unprofessional and unethical practices.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Extremely unhealthy environment to work in.
A good introduction to admissions
National Admissions Adviser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2015
The job wasn't hard but advancement was very slow and seemed to be a bit hard to quantify. Still it was a great way to break into admissions.
Pros
A fun environment.
Cons
The compensation was a bit low.
Excellent atmosphere
Student Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2015
Fun working place with great colleagues. Was able to move up the ladder. The students were priority with our departments and we provided excellent education.
Pros
Great atmosphere
company cook outs
Sr. Campus Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew
Pros
health benefits
Hardest part of the day is having enough time to listen to each client.
Healthcare Administration (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 10, 2015
I have grown with my job by being employed with them for 12 years, I have received my A.A. degree in Healthcare Administration and I'm continuing my education for my B.A. in Healthcare Administration.
Pros
Social Network
Cons
Short breaks
fun work place
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 8, 2015
Professional easy to get along with co worker. Mentor to students who need assistance in finding employment. Great benefits. Awesome management team.
Was a great place to work
Admission Advisor (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 31, 2015
Is the same as the previous review. I enjoyed working in a team environment, as well as treating it like my own business. If you had problem's there were plenty of trainers available to help
Pros
Team concept
Cons
Upper management was not in iune with advisors
Great Atmosphere and the students are nice.
Instructor - COMP101 "Introduction to Computers" (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2015
My typical work day comprises of teaching a class here or there. When not in class, I fill my time with helping in the Learning Center by tutoring students who need help.
During my years at AIU, I have learned how to tutor and teach students with diverse learning backgrounds; how to get them to understand the concept they are trying to learn.

The management style is that of following the guidelines. Everything must be followed to the letter i.e. Documents, printed, written or electronic must be submitted in certain order. I have worked well with all of my coworkers. If there is an issue with one, I try my best to resolve it so that there is no animosity among us.

The hardest part of my job is relying on the level of technology that is available; meaning, there may be some PCs that have corresponding applications and some that lack them.

The part I really enjoy, like, love, (use any adjective here) is when you explain the concept to the student in a fashion that they began to grasp it and you see the proverbial light bulb go on.
Pros
Freedom of class structure
Cons
Term-to-term schedule; not dependable
not bad if you enjoy calling random people
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2015
While the pay is good the details and the pressure of the job can become to much. Way more negatives then positives.

Cold calling sets up for a rough day. calling numbers in bank since 2004 isn't a good idea. needed to have better balance when it came to working with students.
Pros
pay
Cons
cold calling
Great working environment!
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2015
AIU is a very nice place to work, people are rather friendly once they get to know you. It's a very professional atmosphere, you must be professional at all times and it doesn't hurt to be a people person as well because students always need help.
Great Company
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 31, 2015
This is a great company with flexible hours and great management. I would recommend any instructor to work at this organization
Good company
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IlMay 24, 2015
Good Company, I enjoy it. Love working there. It's great, to be there. Love the atmosphere and culture. I would recommend it to anyone
Good Place to work
RE/Max Professionals Agent Alexandra Cleary (Current Employee) –  Reno, nvMay 22, 2015
Is when your team or group all participate and get together to find solutions to make the job better. One of the best places to work. Treat you with respect and are kind good hearted people,
Pros
Treach you well
Cons
I loved working with students and helping them achieve their goals
Student Services Adv (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 7, 2015
I would oversee employees on a day to day basis making sure that that met metrics and follow polices and procedure. I would assist students on the phone and provide guidance.
Pros
Working with a diverse group of people
Cons
No growth
Very caring team
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2015
Very great company to work for and also to attend school. The faculty and staff are very great people. Great career experience.