American InterContinental University Employee Reviews

productive and builds on experience
FINANCIAL AID ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 7, 2017
A typical work day includes calling students about their financial aid. Going into detail about packaging status. Managing student's files to ensure that all topics are cover in detail.
It is friendly place with great communication
IT Help desk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2017
My passing through American Intercontinental University has been very productive, I have learned a lot, such as working as a team, dealing with stressful situations, and improving my IT skills. As a student worker, my manager puts me and my colleagues on projects in which we learn new things. The hardest part of my job is when it comes to public speaking, it makes me a little nervous. And the part that I enjoy most is when we make new projects.
Pros
It is a productive and friendly place
Cons
Not enough hours
Unrealistic Expectations with Workload and Resources
Student Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2017
Managers have an unrealistic view of the tasks which employees balance on a day to day in this role. Instead of providing the training to accomplish tasks, they expect you to figure it out on your own. They do not invest in software that can be used in our role to promote efficiency or use the latest technology that other schools use to improve their workforce productivity. These gaps are ignored and employees are pressured to make lemonade out of not even lemons but apples.
Pros
Benefits, okay work life balance
Cons
The culture, the resources which are not set up for your succcess
Stressful!!!
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2017
Good pay but not worth the money. Long hours, inconvenient location. Encouraged to sign students up, no matter how the cost. Daily harangued to make goals. Metrics driven environment.
Excellent school
Lead Faculty (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 1, 2017
American InterContinental University is an excellent school. I was full-time faculty and Lead Faculty. The school eliminated all full-time faculty positions.

I manages about 35 adjunct faculty. I taught economics and project management
Pros
Online environment
Cons
N/a
Good
Senior National Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 5, 2017
Pretty good start transitioning into higher education. I have learned more about marketing and recruiting to particular demographics. Pay is fair and good benefits. You may struggle with a work/life balance.
Call center environment
Admission Advisor (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 18, 2017
Admittedly I'm not the best person to judge a sales job as I don't particularly like being a sales person although sometimes doing that works out better than not having a job at all.

There was very little advancement opportunity for a person like me who is much more customer service oriented than a high performing sales position with managers that were high performing advisers. I held my own and worked there for 3 years however I really hated the job.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
little room for advancement, call center environment, high sales quota, stressful
fun environment
Student worker/Library Circulation Desk (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 13, 2017
Open the library, sign in, then retrieve books from the drop-the and begin the return to log process. then return books to self if the circulation desk isn't too busy.
I learned cataloging, Stacks, loans, rentals, etc
Management was available if needed and always a great help.
The culture was Diverse and plentiful.
The hardest part is whenever the library has to remove books going to another library and we have to take them out of que, and mark them as sold, box them up and be ready to have them picked up and shipped out the next day or the end of weeks. The time constrains on that process is grueling.
The most enjoyable part was he fellowship between co-workers in that library and the students that enter the facility to do more than enough things there to keep us busy. that work
Pros
Learn all there is about the circulation desk position
Cons
not enough time as a student worker
Prime Job for a Media Production Student
Media Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 12, 2017
-Monitor students in Mac lab, Recording Studio, maintained records and security for student use of equipment...
-Creative media and music studio culture
-The hardest part was dealing with the personalities of young artists
-The most enjoyable part was garnering usable media skills through hands-on experience.
Pros
Unlimited free studio time
Cons
Clashs of big egos
Online Guest Lecturer
Guest Lecturer (Current Employee) –  onlineAugust 1, 2017
Excellent school. Enjoy interacting with the Students in a virtual classroom/chat environment. Provide an online lecture once for specific terms. Lecture discusses contracts, wills, insurance (personal/business), credit and other insurance concerns students have regarding business and the need for insurance.
Great Place to work for
ESL Coordinator & Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJuly 30, 2017
- Co-workers are very competitive
- Your ideas are heard.
- Include you in any changes
- Excellence in training employees
- You get to do your masters or bachelors for free after working for two years.
Team Competition
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2017
As an Admission Advisor with AIU, it was in my opinion, my first real job. Team cooperation was key to being successful because talking and working with students required your attention. Time management was important because if you couldn't meet (call) student at appointed time, that's where team would help.
Professionalism and presenting the best quality of service was the culture at AIU. The hardest part of the job was helping students to have other options when obstacles of any sort happan and student need or considered giving up or just postponing their education for a better time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting students enrolled, buildging rapport with the student.
Productive work environment
Lead IT Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2017
My work consists of helping students and staff troubleshoot technical issues regarding software or hardware issues. Training is minimal due to budget constraints, so most of what I learn is what I teach myself or research. The culture is enjoyable, people are friendly and willing to work with each other and truly believe in teamwork. The hardest part of the job is staying a brisk of the latest threats, issues or being trained on the latest tech. The most enjoyable part of my job is me being able to do more than just tech work . . .being able to utilize my other talents to assist other departments as well the university.
Good work place
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 21, 2017
Good company with the ability to help out some great people. The teams that you are put in are great because everyone wants to help you. When you ask for help people will come right away.
Productive and fun place with great Communications
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
Communicate with multiple students. Organized Fair Jobs as well organizations for clubs. Work most in Career Services looking for jobs available and helping students create there resumes.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Fild trips
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2017
I attended this college and graduated with a degree in Business Administration so this particular job helped me a lot to enter the world of Administrative work. I was able to learn how to file paperwork, answer important phone calls, help the financial aid advisers with different tasks concerning each student. This job has helped me learned the ins and outs of how a typical day at a office environment is.
Pros
Office holiday parties
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun place to work
Registrar's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
Everyone is helpful with new employees and give hints to succeed in education and experience. We are here to help out students and future students as well.
Productive place to work
Student (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 22, 2017
American Inter Continental University is an excellent Online University. I have attended it off and on from 2008 and I am still attending. I have studied and received my AA, my BA and my MBA in Business and i am currently striving for my Masters of Healthcare Manager to be obtained October 3, 2017. The Staff, Support, Financial Aid, Technical Support and Admissions are all great.
Pros
there are online classes and campuses in Atlanta, Texas. and Chicago
Cons
It is what you put into it. Hard work, great reward. No work, dismissal and failure
Boring Cold Calls
National Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 16, 2017
Your schedule day to day is monitored, as well as your calls. You need to make 200 cold calls per day and have 4 hours talk time. Many people you work with to begin online schooling go MIA, and some months it is difficult to reach your goals starting X amount of students. Tough job.
great instructors
President list (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 24, 2017
what you place in your future will be determine by the effort of studying. Daily interacting with classmates and professor. Posting and becoming acknowledgeable of the course
Pros
weekly discussion, essays
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American InterContinental University. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8