American InterContinental University

American InterContinental University Employee Reviews

Great working environment!
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 8, 2015
AIU is a very nice place to work, people are rather friendly once they get to know you. It's a very professional atmosphere, you must be professional at all times and it doesn't hurt to be a people person as well because students always need help.
Great Company
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 31, 2015
This is a great company with flexible hours and great management. I would recommend any instructor to work at this organization
Good company
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, IlMay 24, 2015
Good Company, I enjoy it. Love working there. It's great, to be there. Love the atmosphere and culture. I would recommend it to anyone
Good Place to work
RE/Max Professionals Agent Alexandra Cleary (Current Employee), Reno, nvMay 22, 2015
Pros: Treach you well
Cons: none
Is when your team or group all participate and get together to find solutions to make the job better. One of the best places to work. Treat you with respect and are kind good hearted people,
I loved working with students and helping them achieve their goals
Student Services Adv (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 7, 2015
Pros: Working with a diverse group of people
Cons: No growth
I would oversee employees on a day to day basis making sure that that met metrics and follow polices and procedure. I would assist students on the phone and provide guidance.
Very caring team
Help Desk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2015
Very great company to work for and also to attend school. The faculty and staff are very great people. Great career experience.
job security is awful
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 20, 2015
Pros: good training great work environmnent
Cons: job security turn over rate
constantly worried about job security even if management helps you, most people's hands are tied when it comes to policies. great compensation in many positions
Fun Place to work
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), ChicagoApril 18, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Pay, Friendly enviroment
Cons: Distance from home
I love working at American Intercontinental University. It's an upbeat company with great employee benefits. Unfortunately, I had to leave because of an injury but if I could return, I would.
The moral is very low and employees do not like their jobs.
National Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2015
Policies and procedures changed frequently, and the turn over rate is EXTREMELY high. Most people their are looking of other employment and feel that the job is VERY stressful. A lot of employees don't have positive comments about their jobs or AIU as a whole.
nonething to say
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 7, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
The company pays high wages to get the staff. The company lies on the job to get the people to come to work for them. You are not told that you are really doing telemarketing on the phone to get the students enrolled in school.
Productive and fun paced environment
Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 5, 2015
Pros: Learned mew skills
Cons: No certifications
This is how i got my start in Information Technology. I have learned a lot of basic technical troubleshooting schemes, how to install printers and many more techniques.
ok ...
Re-entry Coordinator (Current Employee), AtlantaMarch 27, 2015
Assist students, financial aid, students accounts, program requirements, satisfactory academic progess
financial aid
student accounts........
program requirements
great
students.......................
students
Great atmosphere for learning new skills on the job
Audio Visual/IT Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: academic environment
Cons: small campus
Typical day involved assisting students and faculty with minor PC issues both hardware and software related. Assisted faculty members with web conferencing and distance learning software.
Very Misleading
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great start pay
Cons: long commute, all about numbers, too much like a call center
I loved being to speak with different prospective students and help change their lives. There is too much pressure to make your quota no matter what it takes. There is inconsistency between training and once you get on the phones.
Admission Advisor
NATIONAL ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: helping people go to school
Cons: hours
Contact potential students to enroll in school and help them through the preparation for school. I prospected 25% of my day and 50% conducting interviews with potential students. 25% is follow up with current students to help them with their documentations for school. The remaining 25% is presenting to the Director of Admissions the students we deem are a good fit for the school.
Peaceful place to work
Fashion Administrative Assistance/Instructor (Current Employee), Weston, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: not enough hours of work
Peaceful place to work in an environment with different types of people.
I liked it until they fired me.
Faculty (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IADecember 15, 2014
The management was excellent, the communication was excellent, the salary was great. My performance reviews were great. I was fired.
productive work place
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), DownersGrove, ILDecember 6, 2014
a typical work day for me is when I'm relaxed peaceful and enjoying my time while working in a environment where it is full of helpful loving people. a company that not only appreciate the workers but also supports their needs.
Typical proprietary atmosphere but with a love for their student body.
Interim Campus Director (Current Employee), Weston, FLDecember 1, 2014
Pros: healthcare, benefits, co-workers, students
Cons: not enough work-life balance overall
AIU-South Florida has been a wonderful place to work. The students as well as the staff/faculty have been like nothing I have experienced in my overall 25 years of experience of proprietary education industry. – more... Unfortunately, this campus is in a teach out so that makes the day to day tasks vary greatly. I have been given the position of Interim Campus Director to ensure the smooth operation of the final stages of the campus closure. This includes dealing with students that have a few more challenges in finishing classes due to a time limit with the school against their own schedules.

The hardest part of my job, currently, is packing up all that is part of the current campus. Making sure the logistics happen timely along with continuing my day to day job function with the P&L and staff/faculty interaction. We are reducing our employee forces every term so this mean more and more falls on those who are left. This allows me to have a more intimate professional relationship and allow those employees that are remaining a change to vent and also grow in whatever aspect they can considering our circumstances.

The most enjoyable part of my job, as well as any other job that I have had in my 25 years, is the interaction with the students. No matter what position I have ever held, talking to the students have always allowed me to remember why I do what I do and why I love the education industry. – less
Its a job
National Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Downers grove illinoisNovember 10, 2014
Pay is good but turnover is very high. Have seen dozens of people come and go in almost 2 years. Very numbers drive environment along with what have you done recently. Like as of this week/day what have you done.

1 2 3 4 5