American InterContinental University Employee Reviews

Decent pay, precarious position
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 29, 2016
It was a fairly simple job but the expectation of numbers was set at a level that pretty much guarenteed a call every few seconds. Unfortunately with no way to predict the quality of your calls even experienced advisors struggled to meet their expectations. The environment was definitely sink or swim and highly encouraged predatory sales.
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
very precarious job security
Great place to start your career.
Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 2, 2016
A typical day at work is work hard to help enroll, support and retain students through their life-cycle. I learn a lot helping students identify their life goals, identifying red flags that may prevent them from being successful, and driving them towards a game plan of success, then holding them accountable. Most of my experiences with engagement have been great. Most of the co-workers are very friendly and supportive. The hardest part of the job is time management, for varies departments carry a lot of responsibilities on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with students, supporting them in hard times, and seeing the end results.
Customer Service Skills Advanced
Senior Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 11, 2016
I worked for AIU for almost 12 years. It was a very challenging job but I work best in tense environments.
A typical day was getting into work and listening to voice mail and checking email. Setting up a plan to contact students back as well as handle all my daily requirements despite being interrupted with questions. Every day was the same but a bit different.
Management was a bit green and not too experienced but I was able to work with them by providing information to help them learn as well. They were open to all new ideas and or changes that were suggested and considered me as a valuable part of the team.
The hardest part of the job would be when students would not answer the phone and I was not able to assist them as required.
However, quite often I was able to help students as well as my coworkers advance in life and career. I enjoyed this the most. Helping people is my passion.
Pros
helping people advance
Cons
there was not too much advancement after two promotions
Great people to work with
Finance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
Enjoyed the people just did not enjoy that lack of work/life balance. Lots of late nights and weekends. There was always a lot of fun events and student activities so management tries to keep it fun.
Pros
free lunches, give-aways and coworkers
Cons
healthcare, work/life balance
Great Place to work
Senior Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 24, 2016
I loved the environment. It was a great competitive place, that offered many benefits for employees. In addition, it was a place that always supported the best for the students.
One of my first jobs
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2016
When I first started working for this company, it was different to me. I met people with different backgrounds and we became great co workers by being helpful to each. I was very pleased with the department they had me in and I completed my task daily with a smile on my face.
Pros
Able to learn new things
Cons
management was not helpful
Productive Workplace
IRC Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2016
Laid back atmosphrere, very long hours, great for retired or veterans. No opportunity for advancement nor bonus. More like telemarketing.
Helping students
Student Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2016
helping students with their account balances
student accounts
management could improve
great co workers
lack of opportunities
working with students and co-workers
Good place for a start
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2016
Good place for a start, the management team, the admission advisers are good. This is a place to start for international students that have good money
competitive
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILFebruary 21, 2017
very competitive which creates a lot of animosity amongst team members who are always competing with each other as opposed to having a good team work environment.
American InterContinental University was not a job, it is a College
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 18, 2017
I attended the university American InterContinental and got the Bachelor Degree for Marketing.

Whilst I was working in the Marine Department I was able to used the Marketing from the University.
Great Days Ahead
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2017
great job great people great money great place great atmosphere great customers great time great walls great money I just trying to make it to one hundred and fifty
AIU Enviroment
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  SchamburgSeptember 20, 2016
The work there is great and so is the pay but after a while you feel used and underappreciated for the work you complete. The work hours are hard at least now there are no Sundays I worked sunday's for over 4 years straight. The environment is ever changing
Pros
you can go to school with company's help
Cons
The work hours suck
Ultra competative and extremely negative
National Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Downers grove illinoisApril 2, 2014
Work it typically the same from day to day. Being transferred calls from perspective students who are not really interested in the programs at all because they did not exactly request the information. Employees are pushed to enroll every possible student regardless of what they are really looking for. The government made it illegal to give raises based on enrollment numbers however this company will fire you for it.
Management really has no idea how to lead a group. The only thing they know to do is threaten peoples jobs to get the results that they want.
Co-workers are ALL looking for new jobs.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with management who just wants more from less.
Most enjoyable part of the job is going home at night.

The job is not as advertised you will not be helping people further their education you will be trying to sell the school to everyone who will listen
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Everything else
Private educational institution
Senior Student Services/Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLNovember 9, 2014
I've learned a great deal under various managers about becoming a great manager. Although there are constant changes within the organization, I've chosen to stay on throughout the teach out of the Florida campus. I've come to realized that commitment on my part doesn't necessarily guarantee room for advancement during economic woes.

Working with students and staff have its rewards. Students have shown their appreciation for me helping them reach their goal of earning their degree. Staff members show they care about making a difference in others lives and live by example.

The hardest and most difficult part of what I do is knowing that it's coming to an end and I must prepare for my next journey. My hope is that each person that I've help along the way can look back and know that they can achieve anything positive in life of they would only believe in themselves.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
Fun and Exciting
Admission Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2016
Serious educators who care about the success of each student. The expedited degree program allowed me to finish my BA in 2 years and 3 months and my MBA in 12 months.
Pros
Great Education
Cons
Slow grading system
company cook outs
Sr. Campus Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew
Pros
health benefits
Great place to work would be better if the pay matched the environment
Media Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2016
I enjoyed each day working and growing at this company the staff and management always allowed me to push the ball and lead the charge. If they paid more I would consider it again.
Productive work environment that taught me great skills on helping others
National Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 10, 2013
Advising and enrolling students in our online university, changing lives and helping people realize their potential and giving them a more stable life.
I learned a lot about people and counseling them to open up their eyes and seeing the importance in education. I have never worked with people like this before who I will be friends with forever. So much support. The hardest part of the job was keeping students accountable and keeping them enrolled and reiterating their goals and importance of getting an education. Making sure they don't go MIA. The most enjoyable part was the camaraderie of the office and the support.
Pros
salary, dress code
It was an okay position
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 5, 2013
This is a very mentally draining position because you are constantly on the phone talking to very low income people who are really not interested in going to school. They do teach you how to speak to this demographic. Your job is to try to talk people into going back to school. They try to tell you it isn't a sales position but it really is. The managers are very odd people. If they don't like you they will get rid of you. It doesn't matter how much effort you put into your job or other tasks you pick up to help your manager. They will still let you go if you don't make your goal.

You have to work every other weekend. If you are need of a job it is a good job replacement, but you'll want to look for another position right away.

The money is very good. If you are a permanent employee the benefits are okay. The product is actually a very good one.

Most people leave on their own. There are always new faces coming in.

The other advisers are really nice.
Pros
hours, pay
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American InterContinental University. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7