American InterContinental University Employee Reviews in United States

company cook outs
Sr. Campus Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew
Pros
health benefits
Unhealthy work environment
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2015
Not a healthy environment to work in. Too many politics, employees not treated fairly. HR does not respect confidentiality and not reliable support system. Retaliation is ignored by HR and HR ignores deep rooted problems that can only hurt the school if the public was aware of the schools operational practices. HR will lie to employees and state no one has complained about certain situations when employees have complained, which apparently HR is unaware of employees recording their complaints on their phones proving HR lies and hides unprofessional and unethical practices.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Extremely unhealthy environment to work in.
Confusing atmosphere
Admissions Consultant & Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 1, 2016
very random culture. employee turnover through the roof. not stable, especially when concerned with rules. no clear protocols. customers rude and tough to deal with
currently taking classes
Student (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 6, 2015
I am an online student and have been for the past 2 years. It is a challenge but I am maintaining above a 3.2 GPA despite having a full time job and other duties. I will be graduating in May 2016 with a Bachelors and would like the opportunity to get my foot in the door in Information Technology.
My classes consist of reading, writing papers as well as putting together power point presentations. I have virtual lab assignments and participate in online group discussions.
Since classes are all online, I have a week to get all of my homework in before the deadline. This should show how discipline I am. I manage my time well since time management is one of the main concerns especially if one has never done online schooling. It was difficult at first but with practice and repetition, it has become quite easy.
Dedicated educator with more than 20 years professional experience.
Program Chair, General Education (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2016
Excellent Company to establish a career. Dedicated to Pedagogy. many opportunities exist for faculty and staff. Many people have advanced in the organization.
A good introduction to admissions
National Admissions Adviser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2015
The job wasn't hard but advancement was very slow and seemed to be a bit hard to quantify. Still it was a great way to break into admissions.
Pros
A fun environment.
Cons
The compensation was a bit low.
worked from home made the work easier
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 7, 2016
I had good bosses who understood my need to work from home. Gave me good training on the job. I got work with professional people in the IT field. I trained them how to take interviews. Gave them mock interviews over the phone before sending them off for a job interview.
Pros
work from home
Cons
pay was too low
Enjoyed working with adult students
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2016
Fast paced environment that provided adult learners the opportunity to access a post-secondary institution. Enjoyed enrolling and encouraging students to continue their education.
Not enough employee training
E-Studies/Career/Student Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2016
Company lacks executive direction and social skill for employees. The growth is not there and the leaders don't serve. Educational expansion is needed.
Great Work Place
IT Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2016
The people there are great to work with and fun to be around.
I got some really good experience working there.
Liked the hands on learning
Pros
Great place to get some experience
Great Experience
Internship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 6, 2016
Working at AIU was a interesting look at for profit education. I met many wonderful people that I still can call friends to this day.
Great Place to work
Senior Admissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 24, 2016
I loved the environment. It was a great competitive place, that offered many benefits for employees. In addition, it was a place that always supported the best for the students.
Best Job ever
Senor Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 2, 2016
A great bunch of people. I learned so much at AIU. I loved the customer service part and helping students. Lots of phone calls and collection of documents.
productive and fun work place.
financial aid advisor (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 2, 2016
Working here was a very great experience the workplace was very productive and provided the experience I needed to excel in my future endeavors I loved working here but I with my experience I have I am looking for bigger opportunities.
productive and fun place to work
Professor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 7, 2016
I enjoy my time working as a professor at AIU. The company provides me with the tools and resources to propel my students to the next level.
Pros
I help my students with their career goals
Not a great environment to suceed in
Admissions Advisor/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAFebruary 3, 2016
The president of this company is a terrible leader and is not concerned with the employees at the job. Advisor position is set up to fail. You are given leads of people trying to go to work and they expect you to convert them into students. Not professional environment overall.
fun work place
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 8, 2015
Professional easy to get along with co worker. Mentor to students who need assistance in finding employment. Great benefits. Awesome management team.
Good for a student
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2016
This position is just a work study, and should not be thought to be anything other than what it is.

It great for a student that want to earn gas money while they study.

The school was a comfortable environment also.
Pros
time to study
Cons
next to no pay
job security is awful
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2015
constantly worried about job security even if management helps you, most people's hands are tied when it comes to policies. great compensation in many positions
Pros
good training great work environmnent
Cons
job security turn over rate
Ultra competative and extremely negative
National Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Downers grove illinoisApril 2, 2014
Work it typically the same from day to day. Being transferred calls from perspective students who are not really interested in the programs at all because they did not exactly request the information. Employees are pushed to enroll every possible student regardless of what they are really looking for. The government made it illegal to give raises based on enrollment numbers however this company will fire you for it.
Management really has no idea how to lead a group. The only thing they know to do is threaten peoples jobs to get the results that they want.
Co-workers are ALL looking for new jobs.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with management who just wants more from less.
Most enjoyable part of the job is going home at night.

The job is not as advertised you will not be helping people further their education you will be trying to sell the school to everyone who will listen
Pros
pay is good
Cons
everything else

2.7