American InterContinental University

American InterContinental University Employer Reviews

productive work place
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), DownersGrove, ILDecember 6, 2014
a typical work day for me is when I'm relaxed peaceful and enjoying my time while working in a environment where it is full of helpful loving people. a company that not only appreciate the workers but also supports their needs.
Typical proprietary atmosphere but with a love for their student body.
Interim Campus Director (Current Employee), Weston, FLDecember 1, 2014
Pros: healthcare, benefits, co-workers, students
Cons: not enough work-life balance overall
AIU-South Florida has been a wonderful place to work. The students as well as the staff/faculty have been like nothing I have experienced in my overall 25 years of experience of proprietary education industry. Unfortunately, this campus is in a teach out so that makes the day to day tasks vary greatly. I have been given the position of Interim Campus – more... Director to ensure the smooth operation of the final stages of the campus closure. This includes dealing with students that have a few more challenges in finishing classes due to a time limit with the school against their own schedules.

The hardest part of my job, currently, is packing up all that is part of the current campus. Making sure the logistics happen timely along with continuing my day to day job function with the P&L and staff/faculty interaction. We are reducing our employee forces every term so this mean more and more falls on those who are left. This allows me to have a more intimate professional relationship and allow those employees that are remaining a change to vent and also grow in whatever aspect they can considering our circumstances.

The most enjoyable part of my job, as well as any other job that I have had in my 25 years, is the interaction with the students. No matter what position I have ever held, talking to the students have always allowed me to remember why I do what I do and why I love the education industry. – less
Its a job
National Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Downers grove illinoisNovember 10, 2014
Pay is good but turnover is very high. Have seen dozens of people come and go in almost 2 years. Very numbers drive environment along with what have you done recently. Like as of this week/day what have you done.
Private educational institution
Senior Student Services/Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Weston, FLNovember 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no room for advancement
I've learned a great deal under various managers about becoming a great manager. Although there are constant changes within the organization, I've chosen to stay on throughout the teach out of the Florida campus. I've come to realized that commitment on my part doesn't necessarily guarantee room for advancement during economic woes.

Working with students – more... and staff have its rewards. Students have shown their appreciation for me helping them reach their goal of earning their degree. Staff members show they care about making a difference in others lives and live by example.

The hardest and most difficult part of what I do is knowing that it's coming to an end and I must prepare for my next journey. My hope is that each person that I've help along the way can look back and know that they can achieve anything positive in life of they would only believe in themselves. – less
This was a really cool first job.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2014
Pros: worked on campus and had set hours around my school schedule
I worked in the Financial Aid office of my school as an assistant, so I pretty much did a lot receptionist work. I file documents, scanned in documents, and assist the advisors with anything they needed. I learned how to carry myself in a professional environment, and the importance of handling personal documents with care. My managers and supervisors – more... were amazing. They always made sure we were getting enough hours as well as working with us when it came to our financial aid funding for work study and schedules. My co-workers were pretty cool too. I met a lot of interesting people that I was able to learning different skills from. – less
Tough environment
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILNovember 3, 2014
High pressure sales tactics on a daily basis borderline harassing and unethical practices
Positive atmosphere
Team Lead Document Coordinator (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILNovember 2, 2014
Great place to work with many opportunities to advance and grow. Management is understanding and always wiling to work with you.
Productive and fun place to work
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2014
Cons: a lot of pressure to obtain quotas
Fast paced environment with a lot of time spent smiling and dialing.
Excellent work environment!
Vice President of Admissions (Sales) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: almost everything
Cons: went completely online
This company had the best team of professionals I have ever seen.
Life balance
ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: amount of time there / benefits
Cons: culture
Great times until Culture change more about the bottom line than the student .
Live Chat Advisor
Live Chat Advisor (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 14, 2014
Pros: nice people to work with (not for); good benefits
Cons: bosses with poor management/people skills
The majority of my job was to chat online with prospective students and answer general questions about the school, the goal being to enroll them into school. Generally, it was a fairly easy job, but slowly, the management added more and more responsibilities for us to do while getting paid the same. Also, this was a for-profit school, and they basically – more... enrolled anyone. AIU was not the most ethical place, and after a while, that got tiresome. – less
Team Work
Certified Campus Registrar (Former Employee), Weston, FLOctober 11, 2014
Pros: i was able to work with some of the finest educators.
Cons: location
One of the best parts about working there was that the entire staff was extremely dedicated. All departments worked together as a team to ensure positive student experiences.
Good company!
Student Management Specialist (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 6, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: stressful, pressure
I have recommended for others to work at AIU and for some it has been very good. (Myself included) The work/life balance is challenging in the environment and now a change in location is prompting me to pursue other opprotunities.
AIU
Career Service Assistant (Former Employee), atlanta GaOctober 1, 2014
Pros: good
American Intercontinetal University best Job ever, good enviroment and good people.
Great helping people
Admissions Advisor Specialist (Former Employee), Beaverton OrSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: helping students
Cons: losing students
It was a great feeling to know you help someone realize their dreams an the best way to accomplish them is through education. I loved helping students overcome challenges that might be standing in the way of them completing school. My co-workers were wonderful all very dedicated to the students success. The management was ever changing and not very – more... concerned about the students needs. – less
Great Place to work
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Great training, friendly staff. Didnt like the favoritism or segregation. However workplace was very nice, co workers were great. I learned how to overcome obstacles via phone and work around initial questions and concerns.
A typical work day
National Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Downers Grove,ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: healthcare, pay, coworkers
• Consultative Sales
• Ability to achieve success individually and as part of a team in a highly structured and regulated work environment
• Possesses excellent verbal communication skills, particularly telephonic – and good written communication skills
• Persistence combined with a positive attitude and approach to work and others – self-motivating – more... work style
• Becomes familiar with and learns to discuss the merits of specific school programs, developing the ability to match a prospective students needs to the correct program fit
• Obtains knowledge of the school, its program offerings and accreditation standards
• Successfully completes admissions certification, compliance and product knowledge checks – less
I work with some great advisors that are as passionate as I am to help other change their lives through education
Senior National Admission Advisor (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILAugust 15, 2014
The greatest reward of my role as an Admission Advisor is that I have the opportunity to offer encouragement and motivation to students and assist them to take that first step through education to have a better future for self and their family.
Run for the hills....
Admissions (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: staff was friendly, family environment and fun moments not all business
Cons: hard numbers to hit, lots of performance plans, management uneducated about the business
The school is slowly collapsing! I would run for the hills if you want solid employment.
Typical Day at Work
Senior Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2014
A typical day at work is 100+ outbound calls reaching out to students that have been separated/withdrawn from the University for over a year.

Conduct phone interviews finding out interest, desire, motivation in obtaining college degree. Set firm expectations and deadlines.

Process reentry application, guide student through reentry process.

Heaving – more... phone an email contact, multi-tasking.

Hardest part of job is being held accountable for another person's decision to move forward with their education, or at least exploring their options.

Most enjoyable part of my job, very rewarding when you know you have helped a student make an important decision toward earning their degree. – less

1 2 3 4 5