American InterContinental University Employee Reviews

fun work place
Career Services Advisor (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 8, 2015
Professional easy to get along with co worker. Mentor to students who need assistance in finding employment. Great benefits. Awesome management team.
Was a great place to work
Admission Advisor (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Team concept
Cons: Upper management was not in iune with advisors
Is the same as the previous review. I enjoyed working in a team environment, as well as treating it like my own business. If you had problem's there were plenty of trainers available to help
Great Atmosphere and the students are nice.
Instructor - COMP101 "Introduction to Computers" (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Freedom of class structure
Cons: Term-to-term schedule; not dependable
My typical work day comprises of teaching a class here or there. When not in class, I fill my time with helping in the Learning Center by tutoring students who need help.
During my years at AIU, I have – more... learned how to tutor and teach students with diverse learning backgrounds; how to get them to understand the concept they are trying to learn.

The management style is that of following the guidelines. Everything must be followed to the letter i.e. Documents, printed, written or electronic must be submitted in certain order. I have worked well with all of my coworkers. If there is an issue with one, I try my best to resolve it so that there is no animosity among us.

The hardest part of my job is relying on the level of technology that is available; meaning, there may be some PCs that have corresponding applications and some that lack them.

The part I really enjoy, like, love, (use any adjective here) is when you explain the concept to the student in a fashion that they began to grasp it and you see the proverbial light bulb go on. – less
not bad if you enjoy calling random people
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 24, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: cold calling
While the pay is good the details and the pressure of the job can become to much. Way more negatives then positives.

Cold calling sets up for a rough day. calling numbers in bank since 2004 isn't a good idea. needed to have better balance when it came to working with students.
Great working environment!
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 8, 2015
AIU is a very nice place to work, people are rather friendly once they get to know you. It's a very professional atmosphere, you must be professional at all times and it doesn't hurt to be a people person as well because students always need help.
Great Company
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 31, 2015
This is a great company with flexible hours and great management. I would recommend any instructor to work at this organization
Good company
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, IlMay 24, 2015
Good Company, I enjoy it. Love working there. It's great, to be there. Love the atmosphere and culture. I would recommend it to anyone
Good Place to work
RE/Max Professionals Agent Alexandra Cleary (Current Employee), Reno, nvMay 22, 2015
Pros: Treach you well
Cons: none
Is when your team or group all participate and get together to find solutions to make the job better. One of the best places to work. Treat you with respect and are kind good hearted people,
I loved working with students and helping them achieve their goals
Student Services Adv (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 7, 2015
Pros: Working with a diverse group of people
Cons: No growth
I would oversee employees on a day to day basis making sure that that met metrics and follow polices and procedure. I would assist students on the phone and provide guidance.
Very caring team
Help Desk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2015
Very great company to work for and also to attend school. The faculty and staff are very great people. Great career experience.
job security is awful
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 20, 2015
Pros: good training great work environmnent
Cons: job security turn over rate
constantly worried about job security even if management helps you, most people's hands are tied when it comes to policies. great compensation in many positions
Fun Place to work
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), ChicagoApril 18, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Pay, Friendly enviroment
Cons: Distance from home
I love working at American Intercontinental University. It's an upbeat company with great employee benefits. Unfortunately, I had to leave because of an injury but if I could return, I would.
The moral is very low and employees do not like their jobs.
National Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2015
Policies and procedures changed frequently, and the turn over rate is EXTREMELY high. Most people their are looking of other employment and feel that the job is VERY stressful. A lot of employees don't have positive comments about their jobs or AIU as a whole.
nonething to say
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 7, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
The company pays high wages to get the staff. The company lies on the job to get the people to come to work for them. You are not told that you are really doing telemarketing on the phone to get the students enrolled in school.
Productive and fun paced environment
Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 5, 2015
Pros: Learned mew skills
Cons: No certifications
This is how i got my start in Information Technology. I have learned a lot of basic technical troubleshooting schemes, how to install printers and many more techniques.
ok ...
Re-entry Coordinator (Current Employee), AtlantaMarch 27, 2015
Assist students, financial aid, students accounts, program requirements, satisfactory academic progess
financial aid
student accounts........
program requirements
great
students.......................
students
Great atmosphere for learning new skills on the job
Audio Visual/IT Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: academic environment
Cons: small campus
Typical day involved assisting students and faculty with minor PC issues both hardware and software related. Assisted faculty members with web conferencing and distance learning software.
Very Misleading
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great start pay
Cons: long commute, all about numbers, too much like a call center
I loved being to speak with different prospective students and help change their lives. There is too much pressure to make your quota no matter what it takes. There is inconsistency between training and once you get on the phones.
Admission Advisor
NATIONAL ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: helping people go to school
Cons: hours
Contact potential students to enroll in school and help them through the preparation for school. I prospected 25% of my day and 50% conducting interviews with potential students. 25% is follow up with current students to help them with their documentations for school. The remaining 25% is presenting to the Director of Admissions the students we deem are a good fit for the school.
Peaceful place to work
Fashion Administrative Assistance/Instructor (Current Employee), Weston, FLJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: not enough hours of work
Peaceful place to work in an environment with different types of people.