American International College Employee Reviews in United States

Needs new management
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 20, 2016
Morale has suffered in last several years. A job analysis needs to be done to bring all salaries, especially lower level administrative positions, up to par with the area. No transparency by the upper management. Very cliquey offices which made for highly unprofessional departments. Outdated and unsafe buildings in a very unsafe neighborhood. I never felt safe walking to my car at night.
Pros
Half day fridays in the summer
Cons
Poor salary structure, unprofessional staff/administration
Great work environment
ADVISOR, Academic Resource Center (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 3, 2016
Great place to work, everyone is very hands on and willing to help each other achieve their goals. Due to the population of student we work with everyday is different.
Productive and Family Oriented
DIRECTOR OF DIVERSITY & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 5, 2016
Working with students and staff on a daily basis has been a great experience. The work day varies due to the duties that we have. Co-workers are great and easy to work with. Hardest part of the job is trying to help students stay in college due to their financial situations.
only did my internship there
Campus Police Internship (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 23, 2016
graduating out of college great place to do my internship there, very hard working staff at the campus police station, an experience i will never forget.
I loved working at AIC
Admissions (Former Employee) –  SpringfieldApril 21, 2015
I loved working at AIC. There is a sense of family there, and the diversity on the campus would make anyone fall in love with it. The hiring process takes awhile, but I can say that it was definitely worth it. I left for personal reasons, and the commute from the Hartford area, but had those two factors not been an issue I would definitely still be at AIC enjoying every minute of it.
Pros
The school, The president, and the people
Cons
The commute from the Hartford area
Work at AIC
Tier 1 support specialist (Former Employee) –  MAJune 23, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of resolving help desk tickets. Assisting faculty, staff and students with technical support. It was enjoyable to be able to help others. My superiors were very good at providing an environment were I could excel in my skills.
Great work atmosphere
Area Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 20, 2015
American International College is a great place to work. My co-workers made going into work every day enjoyable. Working with students to inspire them and to push them towards their own goals was extremely rewarding. The students also showed their vulnerable side so being able to talk to them and guide them in the right direction was also rewarding.
There was a-lot of student interaction, you were able to build community relationships.
Campus Police Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 24, 2014
I typical day at work would be assigning various campus to patrol officers, reading reports for previous shifts. I would have to patrol grounds to insure patrol officers were at there post. I was very fair so my team on all shifts respected my opinion and my character.
Pros
customer interaction, and fellow sergeants and officers.
Cons
the blatant disregard for the work we did.
great school
Chemistry Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 11, 2015
i leanred a lot in college it taught me how to be a better person and really mature i owe all my success to AIC my alma matter i love this school to death
N/a
Schedule/Event Planning Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 14, 2014
While it is cheaper than most private schools, for the $35,000 that they charge, I did expect more. The dinning commons closes at 7pm (making it hard for people who work to eat) and there is not much access to up-to-date technology (the library only having about 25 computers). The entire campus shuts down at 7pm. The dorms aren't as cozy as they could be. However, the school is in the process or remodelling, so perhaps in a few years this will change.

Want to know more about American International College?

Ask a question
Very energetic, and friendly workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 19, 2014
A typical day at work consist of setting up for the game/match. This would include but not limited to: setting up the video camera for filming, setting up the mac laptop so that it will live stream the game/match for viewers at home to watch, editing game stats online,tearing down everything that was set up and putting everything away. The most enjoyable part of this job is being around all the sports and learning more about the rules and watching the events.
Challenging but fun and productive environment. Must be fit and ready to work at all times.
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 10, 2013
Basketball is a high intensity sport so everyday so I had to maintain a healthy body to be able to perform my best. There was never an easy practice or an easy game so all members of the team had to work hard all the time. The love and appreciation for the sport made the job fun however. My teammates weren't always the easiest to get along with but we worked with each other and did what we had to do to win.
Pros
free meals, traveling, free education, healthy/fit body
Cons
physical and mental fatigue, short vacations
Interesting work and environment.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 5, 2015
Interesting work and environment as this is a very diverse population of students. The co-workers are very hard working and believe in the educational process.
Overseeing students and faculty with research books or articles.
Filing and assisting students and faculty (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 9, 2014
I asist students and faulty with research by providing books and or articles that will assist them on their paper to complete. While I am assiting them I also get a chance to learn about the research articles. My manager is very flexible she allows us to familiar ourself with the equipment that is required to use. My co-workers we all work as a team, we realize to get more accomplish we must come together to achieve.
The hardest part of the job is trying to find a book where someone put back in the incorrect place.
The most enjoyabel part of the job is getting to know people. I love to assist people. I love to help students out and they walk away satisfied, I feel good that I was able to help them.
Pros
able to use the resources to complete my assignments
Cons
not being able to find a book
athletic atmosphere
Supervisor for intramurals (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 9, 2015
supervisor of intramural sports. worked long days and nights for the athletic department. supervised a big staff. hardest part was laying down the law to college students who break the rules.
Excellent institution, supportive and knowledgable staff team
Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 19, 2013
My experience at American International College was wonderful. I enjoyed marketing my alma mater on the east and west coasts. Furthermore, the staff I worked with was an extremely supportive, intelligent and energetic team.
Pros
wonderful staff, fun enviornment
Cons
low pay
Great for a work study job
Front Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 8, 2013
There's not much to say about this job. Although the hours were often spur-of-the-moment and the pay wasn't fantastic, it was hard to argue with such a great atmosphere and easy tasks. It's a fantastic workplace for college students looking for a work study job.
Pros
easy to travel to, great environment
Cons
random hours, not much leadership
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 23, 2015
Every morning I wake up and think about the great things that are going to happen. Greetings are exchanged from person to person and then as I walk into my office, I am ready to work on what is provided by supervisor. Students, staff and faculty walk in the office with questions and out with answers. As a student involved with so much on campus, I am frequently contacted by students about what is going on campus. I learn to manage my time with the work provided, people coming in and out of the office and deadlines that need to be met. The hardest part of my job is being patient with people and paperwork since I enjoy getting things done as soon as possible. I enjoy creating programs, opening students perspectives about student life, and seeing the look on each students face when I know I have done my job. I would never change anything I have done at American International College because it was all a learning experience I can bring with me in other working opportunities.
Pros
customer satisfaction, completion, empowering, leadership
Cons
overwhelming, discouraging
Very productive and fun working environment
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 29, 2014
Patrolled around campus, made daily check ins at every building. Also stayed aware of any people around campus that are trespassing. Management and co-workers were very helpful in learning the job and answered any questions whenever confused.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Athletic Compliance
Athletic Compliance Secretary (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 3, 2015
Would show up to work in business casual and proceed to scan and work with paperwork regarding new recruits. I took away the ability to grasp daily management activities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American International College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2