American International College Employee Reviews

Poorly Run Institution
Head Football Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 6, 2017
Everybody is not on the same page. Not many people at the institution seem like they want to be there. Little to no funding for the strength and conditioning department.
An Institute of Higher Education
Assistant Resident Director (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 5, 2017
American International College was an exception high level of education. The staff was extremely carrying and giving. AIC continues in reaching out around the world in bring a well balance of education and culture to all its students. AIC is what America is all about...Making Dream come true.
Pros
Wonderful Opened Committed Ground Breaking Outreach CHAMPIONS
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 2, 2017
AIC is a decent job to work for. I have learned a lot in the short period of time I've been there. Great stepping stone into the right career! Thank you AIC.
Great environment and fun place to work
SQL Developer (contract) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 16, 2017
Great place to work, diversity of students and cultural diversity.
You can take any classes and get your Master Degree in Business after work.
There are many campus clubs and you can get involved in different activities.
The IT staff is very friendly and share their knowledge, very intense training for new software and computer applications.
Pros
Very reasonable lunch for students, staff and academic
very nice place to work
Adjunct Clinical Professor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 17, 2017
This was a part-time job, I was working as a clinical adjunct professor at providence hospital. It was a great working experience, working with the students was challenging but rewarding It gave me the opportunity to teach them basic skills to work in a mental heath environment.
Fun and productive place to work
Print Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield MAJanuary 30, 2017
One of the best place to work.The management is the best. good teamwork. They also offer good hospitality. people work here upto 30 years.
Decent place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 13, 2017
Salary is not that high for administrative employees and faculty members. The school has a generous time off policy. Most people stay at the college for an average of 2-5 years.
Pros
Lots of time off
Fairly good
Freshman Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 7, 2016
Loved the job and everyone was extremely nice and helpful. The amount that the admissions counselors receive is not enough, they work extremely hard for a little.
Horrible Management
Senior Management (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 6, 2016
This institution has a great student population, enthusiastic educators, and support staff that works hard. Unfortunately, upper level management is toxic. Senior level middle management positions are a revolving door. The biggest liability is the second in command, the EVP of Administration, who is angry, caustic, authoritarian and vindictive. His behavior is often inappropriate and aggressive (phone calls and texts at all hours, frequent intimidating outbursts, attempts at public shaming if he feels uninformed, regardless of intention). The President does little to reign him because they are friends, and because the HR department reports directly into him, it spends most of its time and protecting him, instead of his employees, despite several reports of bullying and intimidating behavior. If you want to pad your resume, take a position here with caution, but get out as quickly as possible, for the sake of your mental health. Focus on the students.
Pros
great students and teachers
Cons
very toxic culture; few women in executive positions.
Its a College
College Tutor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 13, 2016
I had awesome experience with all of the college kids that I was tutoring. I had great time helping them and learning from them as well. I was there for 4 years so obviously I would love it.
Very rewarding and uplifting place to work
Communications Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 5, 2016
Absolutely loved my internship at AIC.
Everyone on the campus, faculty and students alike, were all friendly, helpful and a pleasure to work with.
Encouraged to work independently to build management skills.
Pros
Educational and boosts one's self-worth
Cons
n/a
Needs new management
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 20, 2016
Morale has suffered in last several years. A job analysis needs to be done to bring all salaries, especially lower level administrative positions, up to par with the area. No transparency by the upper management. Very cliquey offices which made for highly unprofessional departments. Outdated and unsafe buildings in a very unsafe neighborhood. I never felt safe walking to my car at night.
Pros
Half day fridays in the summer
Cons
Poor salary structure, unprofessional staff/administration
Great work environment
ADVISOR, Academic Resource Center (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 3, 2016
Great place to work, everyone is very hands on and willing to help each other achieve their goals. Due to the population of student we work with everyday is different.
only did my internship there
Campus Police Internship (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 23, 2016
graduating out of college great place to do my internship there, very hard working staff at the campus police station, an experience i will never forget.
Productive and Family Oriented
DIRECTOR OF DIVERSITY & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 5, 2016
Working with students and staff on a daily basis has been a great experience. The work day varies due to the duties that we have. Co-workers are great and easy to work with. Hardest part of the job is trying to help students stay in college due to their financial situations.
Work at AIC
Tier 1 support specialist (Former Employee) –  MAJune 23, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of resolving help desk tickets. Assisting faculty, staff and students with technical support. It was enjoyable to be able to help others. My superiors were very good at providing an environment were I could excel in my skills.
great school
Chemistry Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 11, 2015
i leanred a lot in college it taught me how to be a better person and really mature i owe all my success to AIC my alma matter i love this school to death
Interesting work and environment.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 5, 2015
Interesting work and environment as this is a very diverse population of students. The co-workers are very hard working and believe in the educational process.
I loved working at AIC
Admissions (Former Employee) –  SpringfieldApril 21, 2015
I loved working at AIC. There is a sense of family there, and the diversity on the campus would make anyone fall in love with it. The hiring process takes awhile, but I can say that it was definitely worth it. I left for personal reasons, and the commute from the Hartford area, but had those two factors not been an issue I would definitely still be at AIC enjoying every minute of it.
Pros
The school, The president, and the people
Cons
The commute from the Hartford area
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 23, 2015
Every morning I wake up and think about the great things that are going to happen. Greetings are exchanged from person to person and then as I walk into my office, I am ready to work on what is provided by supervisor. Students, staff and faculty walk in the office with questions and out with answers. As a student involved with so much on campus, I am frequently contacted by students about what is going on campus. I learn to manage my time with the work provided, people coming in and out of the office and deadlines that need to be met. The hardest part of my job is being patient with people and paperwork since I enjoy getting things done as soon as possible. I enjoy creating programs, opening students perspectives about student life, and seeing the look on each students face when I know I have done my job. I would never change anything I have done at American International College because it was all a learning experience I can bring with me in other working opportunities.
Pros
customer satisfaction, completion, empowering, leadership
Cons
overwhelming, discouraging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American International College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3