American International College

American International College Employee Reviews

I loved working at AIC
Admissions (Former Employee), SpringfieldApril 21, 2015
Pros: The school, The president, and the people
Cons: The commute from the Hartford area
I loved working at AIC. There is a sense of family there, and the diversity on the campus would make anyone fall in love with it. The hiring process takes awhile, but I can say that it was definitely worth it. I left for personal reasons, and the commute from the Hartford area, but had those two factors not been an issue I would definitely still be at AIC enjoying every minute of it.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: customer satisfaction, completion, empowering, leadership
Cons: overwhelming, discouraging
Every morning I wake up and think about the great things that are going to happen. Greetings are exchanged from person to person and then as I walk into my office, I am ready to work on what is provided by supervisor. Students, staff and faculty walk in the office with questions and out with answers. As a student involved with so much on campus, I am frequently contacted by students about what is going on campus. I learn to manage my time with the work provided, people coming in and out of the office and deadlines that need to be met. The hardest part of my job is being patient with people and paperwork since I enjoy getting things done as soon as possible. I enjoy creating programs, opening students perspectives about student life, and seeing the look on each students face when I know I have done my job. I would never change anything I have done at American International College because it was all a learning experience I can bring with me in other working opportunities.
athletic atmosphere
Supervisor for intramurals (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMarch 9, 2015
supervisor of intramural sports. worked long days and nights for the athletic department. supervised a big staff. hardest part was laying down the law to college students who break the rules.
Great work atmosphere
Area Coordinator (Current Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 20, 2015
American International College is a great place to work. My co-workers made going into work every day enjoyable. Working with students to inspire them and to push them towards their own goals was extremely rewarding. The students also showed their vulnerable side so being able to talk to them and guide them in the right direction was also rewarding.
Athletic Compliance
Athletic Compliance Secretary (Former Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 3, 2015
Would show up to work in business casual and proceed to scan and work with paperwork regarding new recruits. I took away the ability to grasp daily management activities.
cool
IT Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 3, 2015
being at the school itself was so i enjoyed working there as well. campus life was really good it was fun to work there to i would recommend it to anyone! i loved it
Work study
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee), Springfield, MASeptember 10, 2014
Nice job for the work study program. Good interaction with the students and teachers.
There was a-lot of student interaction, you were able to build community relationships.
Campus Police Sergeant (Current Employee), Springfield, MAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: customer interaction, and fellow sergeants and officers.
Cons: the blatant disregard for the work we did.
I typical day at work would be assigning various campus to patrol officers, reading reports for previous shifts. I would have to patrol grounds to insure patrol officers were at there post. I was very fair so my team on all shifts respected my opinion and my character.
very good
Supervisor, Corporal, Sergeant, and Lieutenant (Former Employee), 1000 state streetJune 14, 2014
Pros: i like everything about the job
Maintained security and safety for students,faculty and staff.

I like everything about the job. Management is very good. My co- workers are very nice.

Is nothing hard about my job.

I enjoyed everything about my job.
Very productive and fun working environment
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMay 29, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Patrolled around campus, made daily check ins at every building. Also stayed aware of any people around campus that are trespassing. Management and co-workers were very helpful in learning the job and answered any questions whenever confused.
Fun work environment!!
Graduate Assistant, Student Support Services (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMay 20, 2014
Pros: collaborative staff.
Cons: not enough pay
I loved working with the students and staff. The staff are very collaborative. The culture was very student based. Very pleasant place!
N/A
Schedule/Event Planning Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, MAMay 14, 2014
While it is cheaper than most private schools, for the $35,000 that they charge, I did expect more. The dinning commons closes at 7pm (making it hard for people who work to eat) and there is not much access to up-to-date technology (the library only having about 25 computers). The entire campus shuts down at 7pm. The dorms aren't as cozy as they could be. However, the school is in the process or remodelling, so perhaps in a few years this will change.
Overseeing students and faculty with research books or articles.
Filing and assisting students and faculty (Current Employee), Springfield, MAMay 9, 2014
Pros: able to use the resources to complete my assignments
Cons: not being able to find a book
I asist students and faulty with research by providing books and or articles that will assist them on their paper to complete. While I am assiting them I also get a chance to learn about the research articles. My manager is very flexible she allows us to familiar ourself with the equipment that is required to use. My co-workers we all work as a team, we realize to get more accomplish we must come together to achieve.
The hardest part of the job is trying to find a book where someone put back in the incorrect place.
The most enjoyabel part of the job is getting to know people. I love to assist people. I love to help students out and they walk away satisfied, I feel good that I was able to help them.
Productive and Fun place to work
Administrator, Graduate Assistant Career Services (Former Employee), springfield, maApril 28, 2014
Great place to work, learned a lot. I obtained most of my skills from attending the school.
Very exciting and rewarding workplace
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Springfieldd, MAMarch 24, 2014
As above, very exciting and rewarding working experience. Able to be exposed to current and up to date professional information. Working with like minded individuals. Very wonderful!
Very energetic, and friendly workplace
Student Worker (Current Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 19, 2014
A typical day at work consist of setting up for the game/match. This would include but not limited to: setting up the video camera for filming, setting up the mac laptop so that it will live stream the game/match for viewers at home to watch, editing game stats online,tearing down everything that was set up and putting everything away. The most enjoyable part of this job is being around all the sports and learning more about the rules and watching the events.
Excellent institution, supportive and knowledgable staff team
Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions (Former Employee), Springfield, MADecember 19, 2013
Pros: wonderful staff, fun enviornment
Cons: low pay
My experience at American International College was wonderful. I enjoyed marketing my alma mater on the east and west coasts. Furthermore, the staff I worked with was an extremely supportive, intelligent and energetic team.
Production Manager (Current Employee), Springfield, MANovember 19, 2013
I enjoy my staff and the students it is almost like having a second family at work.
Decent place to work, low compensation
Administrative Services Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, MAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no advancement opportunities, low compensation
The every day work load is pretty much consistent except for the beginning of each semester. Coworkers are great. Low compensation and no area for advancement.
grad student work
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield maSeptember 30, 2013
great if your attending school
good people lots of support.
no long hours